Date: 6/29/2010 11:00:19 AM
Author: clgwli

Date: 6/29/2010 10:00:24 AM
Author: cluelessguy2010

Date: 6/29/2010 9:54:18 AM
Author: sarap333

Date: 6/29/2010 9:21:03 AM
im thinking about going to his house after work to talk to him..hopefully hes home...im nervous...im gonna be stuttering !
40.gif

Remember to call first before showing up, and tell him you have some good news to share and you''d like to talk to him in person. That sets the stage in a positive way...
for some reason im more nervous to call him then to speak to him in person..lol..i dont know why
Can you e-mail him? I''d just hate for you to show up there and have him not home.
i cant email him..my gf works for his company a couple days a week and checks his emails and replies to customers and stuff..i dont want her to see an email from me..i could text him, but he doesnt know how to text back..lol
Yeah e-mail would be bad LOL. My dad doesn''t text either. We''re trying to change that. I write down what you want to say to him over the phone, and call him. Just read from what you have written and don''t think. I''ve done that before with other things and it has helped me.

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
what if i text him and say "i want to come by today after work and talk to you about something, please dont tell your daughter, call me if you wont be home" ?? lol..or is that really dumb?

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
or i can just drive by his house and hope his car is there

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 11:47:54 AM

Like a stalker???? No, CG, you need to pick up the phone and read from a script, just like clgwli suggested. Is it lunchtime where you are? Call now!!!! And don't come back here until you've done the deed -- tough love is needed, I can see
2.gif

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 11:59:41 AM

Like a stalker???? No, CG, you need to pick up the phone and read from a script, just like cigwili suggested. Is it lunchtime where you are? Call now!!!! And don''t come back here until you''ve done the deed -- tough love is needed, I can see
2.gif
39.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 12:01:06 PM
Date: 6/29/2010 11:59:41 AM

Like a stalker???? No, CG, you need to pick up the phone and read from a script, just like cigwili suggested. Is it lunchtime where you are? Call now!!!! And don''t come back here until you''ve done the deed -- tough love is needed, I can see
2.gif
39.gif

You can do it!!!

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
should i wait for later int he day closer the time im gonna go?

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 12:10:05 PM

Sure, that would work, too. But I think you''ll feel a lot better if you get this part (the phone call) over with. Because then that will give us more time to help you with rehearsing for talking to him in real life!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 12:31:36 PM

Date: 6/29/2010 12:10:05 PM

Sure, that would work, too. But I think you''ll feel a lot better if you get this part (the phone call) over with. Because then that will give us more time to help you with rehearsing for talking to him in real life!
+1 to everything here!

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
im nervous! lol

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
That's totally understandable to be nervous. Just remember you have the support of many of us here
1.gif
Pick up the phone, call him and the worst part will be over with. I bet you will be making her dad's day with the phone call too. At least my dad loved it when my DH had talked to him before we go engaged. I know you aren't going to talk about it over the phone, but I bet her dad will get the idea even w/o you saying anything.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call him! Once itis done you will feel so much better! If you put it off, you will feel worse and nervous for longer!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
cluelessguy we are all supporting you in this!

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
thanks guys..! i havent called yet...i will update tonight or tomorrow if i speak to him...
15.gif

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I think the thought of the call is actually worse than the act itself. I am sure you will go up considerably in his estimation, given the importance you have placed in asking him first.

Good luck!!!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Have you called yet, CG?

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 4:41:25 PM
Have you called yet, CG? [/QUOTE
I just showed up. He was home. I said I wanted to talk to him and not to tell his daughter I came. He said ok let''s go inside and have a beer. (he must have known what was coming at that point). I told him I bought a ring and want to propose to his daughter. I don''t even remember exactly what I said or what he said. I was so nervous and stuttering. I passed his house 3 times working up the nerves. Lol. He said I''m a great guy and this is the happiest he''s ever seen his daugthter and we have his blessing. He said he was happy I came to talk to him first. He did however say he doesn''t want us leaving the BBQ in the 4th unless I really wanna do it that night. He said I should do it the night before so we can announce it to his whole family at the BBQ. He seemed pretty excited. Anyway. So u guess it went pretty good. By the way. I''m on my iPhone. In case there is slot of bad spelling. So. Do u do it on the 3rd??? I don''t wanna piss him off already. Lol

slg47

Ideal_Rock
if you want to do it the 3rd then do it the 3rd...it would give you more time to ''plan'' something, (dinner, walk in the park, something) rather than stressing about when to do it at the bbq

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2010 9:18:07 PM
Date: 6/29/2010 4:41:25 PM
Have you called yet, CG? [/QUOTE
I just showed up. He was home. I said I wanted to talk to him and not to tell his daughter I came. He said ok let''s go inside and have a beer. (he must have known what was coming at that point). I told him I bought a ring and want to propose to his daughter. I don''t even remember exactly what I said or what he said. I was so nervous and stuttering. I passed his house 3 times working up the nerves. Lol. He said I''m a great guy and this is the happiest he''s ever seen his daugthter and we have his blessing. He said he was happy I came to talk to him first. He did however say he doesn''t want us leaving the BBQ in the 4th unless I really wanna do it that night. He said I should do it the night before so we can announce it to his whole family at the BBQ. He seemed pretty excited. Anyway. So u guess it went pretty good. By the way. I''m on my iPhone. In case there is slot of bad spelling. So. Do u do it on the 3rd??? I don''t wanna piss him off already. Lol

Yippy!!!
hi501.gif

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Do it!!!! Yay! You must feel so relieved that you spoke with her dad!

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
DO IT ON THE 3RD! Then you can enjoy the party - REALLY enjoy the party!!

You - fiance to be - backpack w/wine & cheese & crackers (don''t forget the glasses) - scenic area you can go back to every year - blammo - engaged!

OH - and a CAMERA!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on getting his blessing! I agree with those who say to do it on the 3rd. Gives you more time to plan!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yep, you will have some time to plan but will also be able to do it fairly soon! sounds like a winner to me

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Do it on the 3rd!
36.gif

This thread makes me happy
1.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3rd, 3rd, do it!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do it on the third so the two of you can enjoy some private time and enjoy the glow, and then tell the whole family the next night!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Oh awesome!!!!!! I am so glad it went well for you. Sounds like you started the whole wedding planning off wonderfully with her dad. As "old fashioned" as it is, I always think it is great when couples talk to their family about it first.

I agree that planning it on the 3rd is a great idea. If you still want to do fireworks and you live near a big city you might be able to find some as well that night. If not, I am sure you can plan something wonderful for Saturday
21.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 7:41:57 AM
Author: clgwli
Oh awesome!!!!!! I am so glad it went well for you. Sounds like you started the whole wedding planning off wonderfully with her dad. As ''old fashioned'' as it is, I always think it is great when couples talk to their family about it first.

I agree that planning it on the 3rd is a great idea. If you still want to do fireworks and you live near a big city you might be able to find some as well that night. If not, I am sure you can plan something wonderful for Saturday
21.gif

36.gif
Congratulations on making it through the first "hurdle"! I agree with clgwli, and I''ll add that I think it''s sweet that her dad was so happy for you and his daughter, that he wants you to propose on the 3rd so you can celebrate as a family at the BBQ! This is a great way to start out your life together as an engaged couple -- with the love and support of family.

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
thanks everyone!! wow, i was so nervous talking to him...when i saw he was home my heart was beating fast......
anyway, i really wanted to see fireworks and all that..but he seems to not want us to leave on the 4th at night to go see fireworks..he said he wants us to stay and not to leave early..so he suggested the night before...i want to stay on his good side so i might have to...oh well... looks like its gonna be the 3rd...shes going shopping all day on the 3rd so hopefully she doesnt say shes tired when i say lets go for a walk in the park...lol..i''ll have to kill her..lol....

melz

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the successful talk, sounds like you did wonderfully -- or at least you''ve got enough credit in the bank with him that it didn''t matter what you said
2.gif
I think being engaged for the bbq is a nice idea, and since you seem to be somewhat flexible about the when (as long as it''s sooner than the cruise ; ) I think it''s probably good to listen to your future FIL on this one. It also negates the potential for him or anyone he''s told to let it slip at the bbq. But I understand it would be annoying to have your plans derailed. If you are really bummed about it, just tell him you have your heart set on making a romantic proposal for her under the fireworks that she''ll always remember -- and then you''ll head back to the party. I bet that would work.

But, you could do it anytime. If the 3rd seems like it would be too busy do it on the 2nd, or whatever.

Very excited for you! I can''t tell if pricescope is still going down this weekend ... if it does, you are going to leave us all in suspense but we will be routing for you!
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results