shape
carat
color
clarity

im panicking that i wont make it!! lol

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
now i just have to work out how im going to do it..i think i decided on the park..goign to ask her to go for a walk there...but i havent worked out any other details yet..should i bring wine, should i have wine planted there, should i make a reservation for dinner afterwards, should i have champagne waiting at our apt after...etc..???

melz

Shiny_Rock
all of those things sound wonderful if it wont make things too crazy to set it all up!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Exciting!!!! Great story
36.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2010 11:27:19 AM
Author: cluelessguy2010
now i just have to work out how im going to do it..i think i decided on the park..goign to ask her to go for a walk there...but i havent worked out any other details yet..should i bring wine, should i have wine planted there, should i make a reservation for dinner afterwards, should i have champagne waiting at our apt after...etc..???
Yes, yes and yes! I think having the wine planted with a couple of glasses would be a great idea. The less you bring the less she
will suspect anything. Yes, to dinner reservation (you can cancel it if you cant make it for some reason
31.gif
)...yes to champagne
(if you dont drink it that night you can have it for later). If you think you are on cloud 9 wait till you ask her. Its an incredible bonding
experience when you are both sharing such joy and realizing that you have the rest of your lives to share together!

Edit - Oh, and it would be really swell if you could bring a camera and capture the moment for us all to share
1.gif
. Now you'd better
get busy...you have a lot to do!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Just do it right now!!! J/K

I think the 3rd sounds perfect along with everything else you''ve planned. I love the idea of having somewhere you can go back to and it can be "your spot" as a couple. Your proposal plans sound very sweet, intimate, and perfect!

p.s. It would be great if you could somehow bring a camera or possibly have someone hiding somewhere to record it but that may be too much work. I would love it if I had a video one day of my BF proposing. Plus, we all want to see it! haha

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
i just dont know what to do about the details...i dont want to make it too much work and planning, where i get too nervous and overwhelmed...but i want it to be planned enough so she knows that i planned it and wanted it to be perfect...so i dont know if i should do the wine thing or not or whatever else....if i do bring wine, i will have to sneak it, hopefully no cops around..lol

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 11:42:58 AM
Author: tyty333

Date: 6/30/2010 11:27:19 AM
Author: cluelessguy2010
Yes, yes and yes! I think having the wine planted with a couple of glasses would be a great idea. The less you bring the less she
will suspect anything. Yes, to dinner reservation (you can cancel it if you cant make it for some reason
31.gif
)...yes to champagne
(if you dont drink it that night you can have it for later). If you think you are on cloud 9 wait till you ask her. Its an incredible bonding
experience when you are both sharing such joy and realizing that you have the rest of your lives to share together!

Edit - Oh, and it would be really swell if you could bring a camera and capture the moment for us all to share
1.gif
. Now you''d better
get busy...you have a lot to do!
Yes to all of this too! Walk in the park, dinner, home for champage and celbration! Perfect!

The wine at the park is optional I think because you will both be so excited and giddy you might not want to sit down and drink something, and if you go for dinner after at a special restaurant then you can eat drink then. I say this just to keep it simple at the proposal location, you don''t want to worry about the wine etc when you will be nervous anyways!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When we want to drink wine in a park (or somewhere we''re not suspose to) we usually just drink out of plastic cups so it doesnt
look like wine. Thats not very romantic though is it? How bout a flask you can stick in a pocket for you both to share
3.gif
! Or
maybe keep the wine at the car for you to have a toast with when you get back from your walk? Just throwing a few ideas out.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I like Dreamer''s and tyty''s suggestions. I also agree with you, CG, that you want to keep it simple, yet make it look like you took the time to plan something nice. I''m a list maker, so here goes...

1. Choose proposal location.
2. Make dinner reservations somewhere special, but not too fancy so you don''t have to worry about being dressed up.
3. If proposal location does not allow alcohol, stash a bottle of non-alcoholic sparkling cider for a toast (agree with Dreamer that you may be too excited for a toast anyway). Do not tempt fate (and a large, embarrassing ticket) by drinking alcohol in a place it''s not allowed -- including your car!
4. Have champagne hidden in cooler at your house with flowers and a romantic card and maybe some nice chocolate, fancy cheese and crackers, and strawberries for a midnight snack -- I have a feeling you will be awake long past midnight!
5. Allow enough time to get to the proposal location, propose, smooch, call/text relatives, and get to dinner on time.
6. Have phone number of restaurant handy so you can cancel reservations if necessary.
7. Make sure your cell phone is fully charged with extra battery. You will be talking/texting a lot!
8. Relax and try not be too weird the day of.

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 12:29:20 PM
Author: sarap333
I like Dreamer''s and tyty''s suggestions. I also agree with you, CG, that you want to keep it simple, yet make it look like you took the time to plan something nice. I''m a list maker, so here goes...

1. Choose proposal location.
2. Make dinner reservations somewhere special, but not too fancy so you don''t have to worry about being dressed up.
3. If proposal location does not allow alcohol, stash a bottle of non-alcoholic sparkling cider for a toast (agree with Dreamer that you may be too excited for a toast anyway). Do not tempt fate (and a large, embarrassing ticket) by drinking alcohol in a place it''s not allowed -- including your car!
4. Have champagne hidden in cooler at your house with flowers and a romantic card and maybe some nice chocolate, fancy cheese and crackers, and strawberries for a midnight snack -- I have a feeling you will be awake long past midnight!
5. Allow enough time to get to the proposal location, propose, smooch, call/text relatives, and get to dinner on time.
6. Have phone number of restaurant handy so you can cancel reservations if necessary.
7. Make sure your cell phone is fully charged with extra battery. You will be talking/texting a lot!
8. Relax and try not be too weird the day of.
the card, and flowers stashed at home is a good idea..and the champagne hidden also...although, i hope she doesnt see it.....she will be out shoppign saturday so i can go get some champagne, a card, and flowers..but when she comes home, what if she sees this stuff?? hmmm

Lula

Ideal_Rock
CG, do you have a cooler? Do you live in a house with a basement? Or a condo or an apartment with a storage area? Garage? Man room?

If she finds the stuff, then just go with the flow, get down on your knee and propose, and make it look like you planned it that way. Then tell her you''ve got dinner reservations. That way you still look like you planned the whole thing and she doesn''t ever need to know about the park part.

The idea is to roll with whatever happens that day; it may not go as perfectly as you planned for one reason as another, but she will still remember all the thought you put into the proposal -- the day will be a blur for her, trust me.

Go rent a few Cary Grant movies from the 1950s for some inspiration on how to remain calm in all sorts of crazy situations with women. Cary Grant was the master of smooth...

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 12:48:03 PM
Author: sarap333
CG, do you have a cooler? Do you live in a house with a basement? Or a condo or an apartment with a storage area? Garage? Man room?

If she finds the stuff, then just go with the flow, get down on your knee and propose, and make it look like you planned it that way. Then tell her you''ve got dinner reservations. That way you still look like you planned the whole thing and she doesn''t ever need to know about the park part.

The idea is to roll with whatever happens that day; it may not go as perfectly as you planned for one reason as another, but she will still remember all the thought you put into the proposal -- the day will be a blur for her, trust me.

Go rent a few Cary Grant movies from the 1950s for some inspiration on how to remain calm in all sorts of crazy situations with women. Cary Grant was the master of smooth...
unfortunately, i live in a small 1 bedroom condo..no storage room or basement...i guess i could just put champagne int he back of the fridge behind some stuff...i will be busy saturday getting all this stuff together while shes out shopping for who knows what (probably more shoes!) she is going shopping with her dad..hopefulyl he doesnt slip! he promised me he wont say a word to anyone..so hopefully he is good

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Okay, one-bedroom condo with no storage. Here are my thoughts. Get a split of champagne (a smaller bottle -- easier to hide in the refrigerator) Here's a link to a popular, easy to find brand link The pink will be a little sweeter tasting.

Strawberries, crackers, cheese, chocolate -- just say they are for her dad's party the next day if she asks.

Flowers -- hide them in a closet in the corner; stack shoeboxes around them to hide them. Just make sure it's small -- like a single rose in a vase. Ask for help at the flower shop. They should be able to design a small arrangement in a low vase.

If you can't figure out a way to hide a card, then you need more help than we can give you...
9.gif

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Sara is such a romantic at heart I see!!!

I agree though with everything she said. You could also get a box of flowers and stash under bed or in your closet. Something you can hide easily if you don''t have room for a vase.

You can also get a soft sided cooler and fill it with some ice and the champagne. soft sided cooler

Something like that isn''t so obvious and you can hide things in there without it being "OMG What is in there?!?!?" look.

I would advise against planting things at the spot because you never know who will "clean" while you are back at your place. Unless you have someone who can do it for you minutes before you leave, it just never strikes me as a good idea.

Oh and I so agree. Cary Grant was the king of calm and smooth for men. I still love his movies!

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Do you have a trustworthy friend that could come to your condo and decorate it while you are proposing? You could give them the champagne and flowers and have them bring them to your place. You could also have flower petals scattered, candles, etc. I think it would be very romantic to return after the proposal to another surprise.

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the ideas!
1.gif

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Hehheehhe!!!!! So exciting! Who knew that on Pricescope you get help with the ring and the proposal?
3.gif

I am so beyond happy for you. Lovely!

Supers

Shiny_Rock
This isn''t even my proposal - and I''m getting so excited!
It''s going to be great!!!
1.gif

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
i cant believe you guys talked me into the early proposal..lol..this site is great!

Matthewmon

Rough_Rock
what is a good and inexpensive champagne? I''m thinking about proposing soon and know nothing about champagne lol. thanks!

valchiria

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 10:33:58 AM
Author: Matthewmon
what is a good and inexpensive champagne? I''m thinking about proposing soon and know nothing about champagne lol. thanks!
I don''t know.
I like Moet & Chandon rosè
3.gif

amc80

Ideal_Rock
What do you consider to be inexpensive?

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe these?

4753075934_01557c397c_m[1].jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
The 3rd will be perfect!!! I am sooo excited for you!!! I vote, take her to a nice place to eat and just DO IT!!! Maybe ask her before you eat, (after you order), just bust it out there! Otherwise, you will be so nervous during the meal that you probably won't be able to eat. Get it done, then you can enjoy a wonderful meal to celebrate, and have some champagne too.

Hey, maybe go to the restaurant early and have her favorite flowers on the table. She'll probably know what you're up to, but she'll also know you went to alot of trouble to plan this for her.

Good luck! I'm rootin for ya! DON'T FORGET THE CAMERA!

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Miss Debby you crack me up!

I vote you buy 2 flasks and have your names and the date engraved on them. Fill them with champagne and have them in your pocket so you can pull them out and have a toast after you propose ;-)

How far away from the car will you be? Is it convenient to stash some glasses/bottle in it and just walk back to it?

Love the restaurant reservation idea for after you do it - tell them your plan - they may surprise you will some bubbly when you walk in...you could even invite people to join you there later if you wanted...?

Don't work out too many details and stress yourself out, just go with the flow, make sure to speak slowly and drink in the moment.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yep, all of these sound like good ideas. I would ditto not bringing beverages to the park, you may be too excited/don''t want to worry about laws. Have some beverages waiting at home (and flowers!!!!!!) Also, you may want to make a dinner reservation to celebrate afterwards (or have a nice dinner before, ask her after dinner, and come back to celebrate with dessert (at the restaurant! no dirty minds! that can happen later!) I think lots of restaurants that are of reasonable quality will help you out with this if you call in advance. Good luck!!!!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I admit the only thing I am worried about now is if the upgrade to 2.0 will mess up the update from this weekend about it all LOL

Seriously wishing you all the best this weekend for you! It has been such a joy to follow this whole story!

titian23

Shiny_Rock
Clueless guy - I''ve been following this string since the beginning although I haven''t posted. Just wanted to say reading how much thought and effort and emotion you are putting into this process makes my heart melt! Good luck for the weekend and you''ll have to show her this post after you ask her; if my SO put as much thought and work into this as you have I would be honored to be his wife.

Good luck!
36.gif
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results