shape
carat
color
clarity

im panicking that i wont make it!! lol

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote to propose asap. Do not tell anyone at all, if you must tell her father then call him on the phone the day you plan to propose so word does not get out.

I would not tell her dad first though. This is modern times, you do not need to ask permission unless it is something she has told you that she would prefer or he has told you he would prefer.

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
wow..my heart is racing that this might happen sooner then i htought..lol..

one last thing.... early august her mother is having a college graduation bbq for my gf at her house....my family is invited also, so..what if the nioght before i ask, and then we can tell everyone at once , including aunts, uncles and cousins? or would parents want to know first before everyone else?? plus, thats in august, if i can wait until then, i might as well wait a few more weeks till cruise...hmmmmm..im so confused now

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 4:54:43 PM
Author: dreamer_d
I vote to propose asap. Do not tell anyone at all, if you must tell her father then call him on the phone the day you plan to propose so word does not get out.

I would not tell her dad first though. This is modern times, you do not need to ask permission unless it is something she has told you that she would prefer or he has told you he would prefer.
they both have hinted that they would like me to tell him

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 4:56:28 PM
Author: cluelessguy2010

one last thing.... early august her mother is having a college graduation bbq for my gf at her house....my family is invited also, so..what if the nioght before i ask, and then we can tell everyone at once , including aunts, uncles and cousins? or would parents want to know first before everyone else?? plus, thats in august, if i can wait until then, i might as well wait a few more weeks till cruise...hmmmmm..im so confused now

Dude, you are so not going to make it until August.

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 4:59:04 PM
Author: sarap333

haha..i know

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 4:57:42 PM

Well then ask you shall! Still, I would try to keep it low key otherwise she will know you talked to him and then the cat is out of the bag.

As to waiting until August I still say do it sooner. The party is for her graduation which should be its own thing. You can tell all the parents and then someone will arrage an engagement party for you both I am sure. Your parents will enjoy calling the family to tell them the news, it is part of the fun of getting engaged.

My DH proposed to me when I was in bed reading
4.gif
Any moment is perfect for asking someone to be your wife.

melz

Shiny_Rock
if it makes you feel any better, my DF couldn''t wait to propose either. so much so that when the ring wasn''t ready yet, he borrowed a ring from the jeweler and proposed to me with that. let me tell you, when i went in the next day to be sure they had the correct ring size for the setting they were making, they couldn''t wrench that ring off my hand quick enough!

bagelboy

Shiny_Rock
Ditto Melz last post. You just need his blessing, you don''t have to show him the ring. Take a small picnic basket with cheese, crackers, wine, grapes and the ring. It doesn''t have to be a holiday, but on the Fourth you will be spending with her family, hence a perfect opportunity for you.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 5:00:18 PM
Date: 6/24/2010 4:59:04 PM

Author: sarap333

haha..i know

Yeah, I thought so!
12.gif
11.gif

Well, I do think you''ve been given some great advice (along with the pushing!) and I really liked an earlier poster''s idea of finding a spot to propose that you two can visit again. I think that it''s great that your heart is racing and you are excited about seeing her face when you propose. Those are pretty strong emotions, and that''s why I am a proponent of simple and meaningful (meaningful to you two) proposals. And I also think that she will want to call up all your friends and family and share the news, so make sure you allow some time in your plan for phone calls and texting -- that''s an important part of the experience that a lot of people don''t consider.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 5:01:44 PM
Date: 6/24/2010 4:57:42 PM

Well then ask you shall! Still, I would try to keep it low key otherwise she will know you talked to him and then the cat is out of the bag.

As to waiting until August I still say do it sooner. The party is for her graduation which should be its own thing. You can tell all the parents and then someone will arrage an engagement party for you both I am sure. Your parents will enjoy calling the family to tell them the news, it is part of the fun of getting engaged.

My DH proposed to me when I was in bed reading
4.gif
Any moment is perfect for asking someone to be your wife.

That's so sweet, Dreamer! How true!

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
thanks guys....i have alot of thinking to do!

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
I just want to pipe in to add that my husband proposed the day he got my ring--he just couldn''t wait! It was a Monday...and it was VERY special because it was the day I got engaged!! I''d recommend waiting at least until the weekend though, because I couldn''t sleep the night I got engaged (from excitement) and it was very hard to go to work the next day!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 4:45:38 PM
you know, you guys/girls were supposed to tell me that i should wait and im dumb not to wait.. this post back fired on me!! lol
You know, not-so-clueless, she loves you and wants you in good health. All this stress has got to be raising your blood pressure and we all know how bad that is for your health, so I think the thing to do is propose right away and let your blood pressure go back down........
9.gif

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
im probably adding to it now, im supposed to be trying to be strong...but, if i wait for the cruise, what if the ring is too big..?? then she wont be able to wear it for a week

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 5:50:17 PM
im probably adding to it now, im supposed to be trying to be strong...but, if i wait for the cruise, what if the ring is too big..?? then she wont be able to wear it for a week
Or too small. Or she wants to change something... I think it is best to propose within the 10 day return/exchange period myself.

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
Yippeeee, you''re starting to sway !!!! I am another enabler who says do it sooner rather than later. The moment will always be special .....

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
oh man....i thought id be stronger then this....what did you guys do to me!!??
honestly, im dying to just see her face... i guarantee she cries....she cries over everything..lol

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 5:53:07 PM
Date: 6/24/2010 5:50:17 PM

Or too small. Or she wants to change something... I think it is best to propose within the 10 day return/exchange period myself.

This is good advice!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
My 2 cents, for what it's worth ... I don't think you're going to be able to wait (I wouldn't either, I'm awful at postponing surprises!) and I agree with what others have said about the cruise being an "expected" time for you to propose. I also agree with everyone who said that she'll want to share the news with her family & friends, and show everyone the ring, and agree with you that if the ring needs sizing, she'll want to get that done as soon as possible - and none of that will be possible on the cruise.

I love the idea of proposing when she would least expect it. I love the idea of catching her totally unawares. If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't plan to propose while doing something that you don't ordinarily do. E.g, if you don't ordinarily go on picnics, I wouldn't invite her on a picnic with the idea of proposing. But that's just me, and again, thinking of the surprise element and not tipping her off in any way, which appeals to me.

My daughter's husband said he was going to talk to my husband prior to asking my daughter to marry him, but he never did, and it was sort of weird. I know it's old-fashioned these days but I think it's a really nice courtesy to talk to your future father-in-law, though I see no reason to show him the ring (and if I were your intended, I'd want to be the first person besides you to see the ring!) I'd keep the "news" to just your future FIL, though, given the chatty nature of your future relations.
2.gif

I can't wait to hear what you decide! No matter what, it will be a wonderful, memorable occasion.

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Just make a plan for this weekend to do it. Make it at her favorite restaurant, a walk in the park, heck even at home just snuggling next to her. Trust me, this part doesn''t matter as much as some men might think. Some women, maybe, but you''d know if you had one like that LOL

Call her dad the night before and talk to him. Propose this weekend. Take pics for us
2.gif
and then have the joy in knowing that you will be able to show off the ring on the 4th to family and then again a month later to anyone else who wasn''t around for the BBQ.

Heck do it tonight if you want. I remember we got engaged the day after Thanksgiving. My husband talked to my dad and then popped the question right there in the hallway of his house. Funny thing was he realized later on that he forgot to get on his knee so he did it again in the elevator going back to my place. Everything was super special for me then so I am sure whatever you do now will be special for her.

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
thanks for all the advice...ill make sure i let you know when and what i decide...
27.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 6:13:34 PM
Author: clgwli
Just make a plan for this weekend to do it. Make it at her favorite restaurant, a walk in the park, heck even at home just snuggling next to her. Trust me, this part doesn''t matter as much as some men might think. Some women, maybe, but you''d know if you had one like that LOL
haha! Too true.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 6:46:21 PM
30.gif
Are you enegaged now?
4.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 6:54:56 PM
Date: 6/24/2010 6:46:21 PM

30.gif

Are you enegaged now?
4.gif
Hmmm.....we''re waiting!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Where did you two first meet? Is it possible to casually go back to the same place and propose there? You could then make it a tradition every anniversary to go back to the same place you met your love and celebrate the happiness it brought to the both of you.

Just a thought.....low key but could be very sentimental.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like his blood pressure has gotten a little high..... someone needs to propose for his own good..........
31.gif

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
So I go away for a few hours and miss all this fun?!?

Zombie PSer Debbie Say:

"Must. Have Brains and Proposal. Now..."

vanderaf

Shiny_Rock
Here''s some helpful advice from a lady who''s husband waited...LOL. Once he had the ring in hand he was a wreck up until he gave it to me (6 months later). He secretly had to go through this pain without me knowing at all because he wanted to wait for our vacation and for the perfect proposal. As soon as he finally did propose on our trip we were so excited that we just wanted to pack up and run home to tell our family so we cut our vacation short to share our news. My poor fiance at the time was wiped out and exhausted from keeping the secret so long! So, if he could have done it all over again he would have proposed before the trip and shared it with our family first so we could have a nice relaxing vacation together and enjoy our engagement. I wish you luck with your decision!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 8:07:33 PM
Author: vanderaf
Here''s some helpful advice from a lady who''s husband waited...LOL. Once he had the ring in hand he was a wreck up until he gave it to me (6 months later). He secretly had to go through this pain without me knowing at all because he wanted to wait for our vacation and for the perfect proposal. As soon as he finally did propose on our trip we were so excited that we just wanted to pack up and run home to tell our family so we cut our vacation short to share our news. My poor fiance at the time was wiped out and exhausted from keeping the secret so long! So, if he could have done it all over again he would have proposed before the trip and shared it with our family first so we could have a nice relaxing vacation together and enjoy our engagement. I wish you luck with your decision!
My BIL had a similar story -- he waited a long time to propose and then once they were engaged said, "We should have done this ages ago!" Being engaged is so much fun.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results