shape
carat
color
clarity

If you have the chance to start again, what would be your choice of engagement ring?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like my taste in jewelry is constantly evolving. I thought I finally had my holy grail but DSS hit me hard with a few weeks of having my ring completed. If I could pick anything and money was no object; I would chose a 6 ish ct fancy yellow old mine cut diamond solitaire.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh @MamaBee, Emmy is perfection as she is!

Thank you @Austina! That’s why I’m wrestling with it. I’m really a solitaire person..Every time I put it on I change my mind back. It really is a pretty three stone..My husband thinks I’m crazy..I agree with him! :lol:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Well...I'd wait and put more $$$ aside so I could get a bigger stone than I currently own.

Then I'd get all you fine sisters (and bros) on the hunt and help me find a creamy vanilla OEC around 2 carats.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mama Bee don’t split up that ring! Your three stone is the trifecta of perfection! The symmetry is what makes it outstanding! Each diamond is beautiful in its own right, but to have all three joined in unison. I love solitaires too, but, not with these stones. They were set together for a reason.I think your hubby is right!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Though I love old cuts, I think I would still choose an emerald cut for my ering. But, perhaps I would have chosen an antique emerald cut-if I could find one!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Austina! That’s why I’m wrestling with it. I’m really a solitaire person..Every time I put it on I change my mind back. It really is a pretty three stone..My husband thinks I’m crazy..I agree with him! :lol:

Oh @MamaBee,could you get a lab EC solitaire to enjoy too and keep that amazing three stone!? Your three stone makes my heart sing, and I am a solitaire girl too!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh @MamaBee,could you get a lab EC solitaire to enjoy too and keep that amazing three stone!? Your three stone makes my heart sing, and I am a solitaire girl too!

Thank you @MMtwo! I do have a 4 carat aquamarine radiant solitaire. I never wear it. It made me want to reset Emmy..Maybe I should start wearing it on my left hand with a band. I was afraid it would make me get DSS because it’s larger than Emmy..haha

springsparkle

Shiny_Rock
So much talk about emerald cuts, I just had to throw this one in here. Did any of you see that 6ct antique emerald cut on jewels by grace’s site? I don’t even like emerald cuts and I was still blown away. :love:

1581A069-622C-4132-9ACE-A603439F10CC.jpeg

Omg yes. I’ve been admiring this ring for months- I’m 99% sure that this belonged to Talullah Willis. I drooled over it on her instagram page. If money were no object, this would be my dream ring!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg yes. I’ve been admiring this ring for months- I’m 99% sure that this belonged to Talullah Willis. I drooled over it on her instagram page. If money were no object, this would be my dream ring!!

Thank you! I was wondering who the celebrity owner was. It is stunning ring. I can‘t believe she it go.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
At first I thought I could never answer with just one. Then I thought, I have always liked solitaires, so I would get a high quality MRB solitaire in a WG setting so that could be my sentimental ER. Then I would just add to the collection after that, but for sentimentality, the MRB solitaire would always suit my taste and it would be the ER I could remember as being the one DH selected.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I just got mine! Three stone OEC.

But I would also love a 4ct super clean and white asscher with tapered baguette sides.

Or a huge warm transitional cut solitaire in yellow gold.

I clearly need more husbands!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mama Bee don’t split up that ring! Your three stone is the trifecta of perfection! The symmetry is what makes it outstanding! Each diamond is beautiful in its own right, but to have all three joined in unison. I love solitaires too, but, not with these stones. They were set together for a reason.I think your hubby is right!

I totally agree with this! I would not separate that ring. Maybe buy another emerald cut diamond for a solitaire?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would always be a modern round brilliant - and hopefully would have started with a super ideal cut - which of course I did not! I appreciate the kaleidoscope effect and the fact that the sparkle always seems to be there. There are reasons for its popularity I guess!

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
Oh man, a bit of a story. When my Fiancé gave me the budget of 2k for my engagement ring, I was disappointed at first. We both make good money and he could VERY easily afford the budget I had in mind of 5K, I’m not materialistic with most things but with jewelry, I have expectations. I don’t care about bags, shoes, hair, nails…. I’m basic. Diamonds are the thing I love and I buy them for myself too. He knew that about me….. but he’s cheap. I know that’s how he has the money he does by being cheap.
I never let him know I was disappointed and decided to embrace it. At least I was getting to pick out what I wanted and I didn’t want him to be bitter had I talked him in to a more expensive ring.

After I picked out my E ring, he was set on buying me a plain gold band. Again, I was disappointed. I wanted a diamond band, bad enough that I was going to buy myself one. Lol.
My now wedding band got posted on the DBL site and I fell in love. My fiancé made the choice to come through for me and bought me a wedding band that cost just as much as my E ring. In the end I’m happy and it meant a lot to me that he was willing to bend to make me happy. Fast forward , I asked him if he still would have bought me the band had I pushed him into spending any more on my E ring… he said no.

Moral of the story, I love my rings. I feel that I did the right thing, then he did the right thing and we are both happy with no bad feelings.

with that said. if I had the budget I initially wanted I might have picked one of these. 668BF675-6BB1-4787-BCBE-C2EEDB4CB88C.jpeg EAAB16C0-5EF2-43BA-B953-60F8975A90C6.jpeg

Last edited:

stc715

Rough_Rock
Oooh I have so much regret lol. I love my ring but I'm so hard on jewelry that I should have known better than get something delicate and antique. I need a bezel!!!
I now basically do not wear my engagement ring unless it's for dinner out and if I don't have to touch my dog or baby lol.
I also would have pushed husband on the budget :lol:

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
Oooh I have so much regret lol. I love my ring but I'm so hard on jewelry that I should have known better than get something delicate and antique. I need a bezel!!!
I now basically do not wear my engagement ring unless it's for dinner out and if I don't have to touch my dog or baby lol.
I also would have pushed husband on the budget :lol:

@stc715 ohh I’m not the only one, now I don’t feel like a complete jerk. Lol.

My fiancé accidentally broke my finger last week, pretty bad. I sent him the link to a necklace I want. He didn’t buy it. A few days ago he cut his finger doing yard work and I told him he should have bought me the necklace, he didn’t make the universe karma whole. :lol-2:

Maybe I have a chance for the next anniversary since he has the link. Fingers crossed…. Ohh wait.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Well duh. Earlier I posted that I would like an emerald cut lab diamond ring in a yellow gold bezel, so it kinda matches my diamond bangle. Just realized I already bought a moissanite ring like it. May as well wear it in the meantime, if I even bother with the lab diamond version now.

bezels.jpg

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I would still get a modern round brilliant..I really love emerald cuts the best but they are so hard to keep from getting water spots under the table. Mine is a vvs2 so it’s clear as a drop of water…so you can see everything..I don’t take my rings off to wash my hands when I’m away from my house. The mrb is much easier..My cushion is really the best because of all the faceting. It always looks clean..

It’s a VVS1…OCD made me correct his..:lol:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Well duh. Earlier I posted that I would like an emerald cut lab diamond ring in a yellow gold bezel, so it kinda matches my diamond bangle. Just realized I already bought a moissanite ring like it. May as well wear it in the meantime, if I even bother with the lab diamond version now.

bezels.jpg

I wish we could add two emojis—I love this look...and your comment made me laugh! :lol:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
If I had the chance to start it a again, it will be easier for me to get another husband than to get another ring: husband failed both with e-ring and anniversary/big birthday ring because he likes to choose by himself in order to surprise me (inserting mixed emoticons to express all my mixed feelings ) :shock::(:roll::-oo_O:knockout::wall:

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
If I had the chance to start it a again, it will be easier for me to get another husband than to get another ring: husband failed both with e-ring and anniversary/big birthday ring because he likes to choose by himself in order to surprise me (inserting mixed emoticons to express all my mixed feelings ) :shock::(:roll::-oo_O:knockout::wall:

Hey, that’s means you still got it ;)2 I feel you on that my fiancé is terrible at gift giving. Holidays in general. I have to remind him to call his mother on Mother’s Day. He hates receiving gifts as well. Mine lets me pick thing out though.Try sending him link to more than once piece you like and he can choose win win right?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sorry @lambskin! Thank you for liking my ring! I didn’t see this for some reason..I’m not going to jump into anything. I don’t want to make a mistake..

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Hey, that’s means you still got it ;)2 I feel you on that my fiancé is terrible at gift giving. Holidays in general. I have to remind him to call his mother on Mother’s Day. He hates receiving gifts as well. Mine lets me pick thing out though.Try sending him link to more than once piece you like and he can choose win win right?

My husband is on another level.
I got hints on engagement ring, he didn't get them and so he bought something else.
I wrote him brand and model of my favourite watch, SS Cartier Panthère, he bought me a Baume &Mercier watch which costed him more than the Cartier I wanted.
He also bought me a necklace and one or two bracelets, which I disliked.
I asked him not to buy himself gifts: he usually gives me a budget, I buy myself what I like, so win win.
Some years ago I got the brilliant thought of texting him the "right"diamond parameters: last Xmas he went to my local jeweller and asked for a diamond solitaire ring: he checked only the table percentage which is ok (depth, pavillon and crown are totally off) and he spent over ..k Euros on a crappy diamond;
I have more than ..k Euros jewellery that I don't wear; still I like my husband.

I purposely didn't write the amount of Euros, because it is obscenely high and I don't feel comfortable to share.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I feel your pain. When my husband brought home a pair of sapphire and diamond earrings that looked like peacocks settled on my ears..we had to have a talk..I had to be very gentle because he’s so sensitive. The talk was in my forties. I started going with him to pick things out...Now that I’m older he gives me mad money to get what I want. I wore him down...:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results