shape
carat
color
clarity

If you had $48,000.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2006 2:46:11 PM
Author: colorkitty

Sorry, but it''s so! Don''t get me wrong. I like having nice pieces to wear. But I wouldn''t feel comfortable wearing more than half carat at a time, and what am I going to do with 24 half carat diamonds? Fine, how about this?: I''d get a half carat ring for myself and share the extras with PS! Y''all love big diamonds but I KNOW none of you would be stupid enough to turn your back on a free .5 carat.
9.gif
Now that is better! There could be 11 pairs of diamond studs made with 22 of them, and that is a size most people would love to have even if they have some smaller or larger!
1.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Well, 5 years ago this is what I wanted. It was barely attainable for 48,000. I tried this ring on in a B&M. By then I had found PS and knew I could do better in price. Then I started seeing all ya''lls rounds and cushions! Oh gosh, my mind started spinning with all the options. Then 9-11 happened and then a general business downturn affected DH''s business, so I put off actually buying something. Now that I have come full circle, still lusting after a 5ct EC in that Michael Beaudry setting, it is so freaking expensive now! Geez! I cannot believe how much EC stones of that size have skyrocketed in price.
So, for 48,000, I could get part of my dream ring.

BeaudryECthatStarteditAll1.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ann, a Beaudry ring would have to be on my list, too! That ring you posted is perfection!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes -- the *next time* I have a custom ring done it's coming from Beaudry!!! (As a matter of fact, depending on how my current problem pans out, the *replacement* for what I've got might be coming from Beaudry, LOL.)

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Do you think Leon could remake it? I''ve always wondered what he would change. I know he wouldn''t copy
it exactly, but I''d probably tweak a thing or two. His prongs for certain!

DJ _ funny how we both loved Kelege. And after looking at Kelege I thought his quality was
better than Beaudry! Beaudry was so dang expensive for what you got, when I was looking at his settings.

I''m funny about EC''s. I think they have to be big to be pretty. For me, it would have to be 4ct and larger. Five
would be ideal!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ann - I''m sure Leon could remake it (or at least *his* version of it) but I love everything about this design (with the exception of the corners, of course) so I didn''t feel the need to go to Leon.

Honestly, Beaudry was about 20-40% more for the same setting but at some point what''s another few thousand $$$s, LOL.

And I agree with you 100% about ECs. I like them, but only when they''re BIG. For my 40th birthday I have been thinking about about an EC with traps on the sides. Hmmmm... amazingly something *just like* the ring that you posted.
2.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
I would go for the heart diamond that sold from GOG and recently posted here.

Was never a heart lover till I saw that stone
30.gif

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a 10% downpayment on a starter condo in a so-so neighborhood here...

Bring on the bling!

RZ

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
129562c_en.jpg

cheers--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohhh....love the necklace!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2006 4:49:35 PM
Author: Ann
Do you think Leon could remake it? I''ve always wondered what he would change. I know he wouldn''t copy

DJ _ funny how we both loved Kelege. And after looking at Kelege I thought his quality was
better than Beaudry! Beaudry was so dang expensive for what you got, when I was looking at his settings.

I''m funny about EC''s. I think they have to be big to be pretty. For me, it would have to be 4ct and larger. Five
would be ideal!
Ann, very seriously, Maytal worked for Beaudry and she can make it. Have you seen the thread with her work?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Colorkitty, I have no shame...can I have your share too?!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 2:15:08 PM
Author: Ellen
ds, I''m not saying it would be hard at all! I just couldn''t find the one thing I wanted. I really don''t want anything else, imaginary or otherwise. Apparently colorkittyy doesn''t want much either.

I think that''s what''s hard for you guys to understand. Some of us really DON''T want much, as CRAZY as I''m sure that is to most of you.
2.gif

But my previous post was just a joke!
well what IS the one thing you really wanted???

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 2:25:33 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I completely understand, Ellen. I really do. I don''t really go around wishing for $48,000 in diamonds either. But the idea that if a person is basically given a shopping spree in Tiffany (or PS vendors in this case) with a $48,000 gift card that they would simply refuse it is very strange to me. Someone who really didn''t like to wear jewelry could always give it to loved ones who do, or how about donating it to charity? It was just a fun fantasy...like what would you do if you won the lottery? I''d certainly give a lot to charity, but to outright refuse it would be very strange to me. (I don''t buy lottery tickets, so I won''t personally have that particular problem arise! And I doubt anyone is going to give me a $48,000 diamond gift card either!)
well...... even if a person doesn''t want a 48k diamond.... since they''re being given (in theory) 48k to spend.... why not buy as many 1 carat diamonds as 48k will buy and give them away to all of the other women in your life - let moms and sisters and aunts and teachers and even little girls, have the opportunity to experience it if they haven''t already.... share the sparkles!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Well, I just got home from Florida where I saw and fell desperately in love with a gorgeous pair of OMC honkers....I''ve been obsessing about them constantly. (Cehrabehra...I blame YOU!!!
11.gif
)

I''ve even found myself scheming about what I could put in trade for them. It probably won''t happen....they''re too big...but my goodness they were stunning. Perfectly matched squarish cushion studs, in their original ''20s mounting, 7.6ctw, be still my heart.

Anyhoo, their price is almost exactly right for this thread, and if I had the money lying around needing to be spent, those babies would be mine already!! LOL

widget

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Ok then, for multiples...

How about a necklace..

Followed by a ring with this diamond...or this...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 8:25:39 PM
Author: widget
Well, I just got home from Florida where I saw and fell desperately in love with a gorgeous pair of OMC honkers....I''ve been obsessing about them constantly. (Cehrabehra...I blame YOU!!!
11.gif
)

I''ve even found myself scheming about what I could put in trade for them. It probably won''t happen....they''re too big...but my goodness they were stunning. Perfectly matched squarish cushion studs, in their original ''20s mounting, 7.6ctw, be still my heart.

Anyhoo, their price is almost exactly right for this thread, and if I had the money lying around needing to be spent, those babies would be mine already!! LOL

widget
oh come on - give me one!! LOL I could use a square one for my *other* hand ;-)

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 7:09:59 PM

Date: 12/30/2006 4:49:35 PM
Author: Ann

would be ideal!
Ann, very seriously, Maytal worked for Beaudry and she can make it. Have you seen the thread with her work?
Well, I saw a piece or two, I think, some time ago. Is there a new thread?
She doesn''t have a web site does she?
I love Leon''s work and those prongs are to die for, but Maytal is probably perfectly capable of doing the same.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ann, no the thread is not new. She worked for Beaudry so she has made rings for him and now is on her own. I''d love to get her to make something for me since I''m not likely to get a Beaudry piece anytime soon!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I would love the earrings Mrs.salvo posted of Leon. Those would be just perfect. I don''t know how much those are, but I''ll take those and the 1.51 cushion from WF for 11,759.00.
30.gif
I''ll set it in a Tiffany setting. That''s about all I can think of.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 7:53:59 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 12/30/2006 2:15:08 PM
Author: Ellen
ds, I''m not saying it would be hard at all! I just couldn''t find the one thing I wanted. I really don''t want anything else, imaginary or otherwise. Apparently colorkittyy doesn''t want much either.

I think that''s what''s hard for you guys to understand. Some of us really DON''T want much, as CRAZY as I''m sure that is to most of you.
2.gif

But my previous post was just a joke!
well what IS the one thing you really wanted???
About a 5 ct. Asscher.
11.gif

And only that large because they face up smaller...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 8:09:01 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 12/30/2006 2:25:33 PM
I completely understand, Ellen. I really do. I don't really go around wishing for $48,000 in diamonds either. But the idea that if a person is basically given a shopping spree in Tiffany (or PS vendors in this case) with a $48,000 gift card that they would simply refuse it is very strange to me. Someone who really didn't like to wear jewelry could always give it to loved ones who do, or how about donating it to charity? It was just a fun fantasy...like what would you do if you won the lottery? I'd certainly give a lot to charity, but to outright refuse it would be very strange to me. (I don't buy lottery tickets, so I won't personally have that particular problem arise! And I doubt anyone is going to give me a $48,000 diamond gift card either!)
well...... even if a person doesn't want a 48k diamond.... since they're being given (in theory) 48k to spend.... why not buy as many 1 carat diamonds as 48k will buy and give them away to all of the other women in your life - let moms and sisters and aunts and teachers and even little girls, have the opportunity to experience it if they haven't already.... share the sparkles!!
Believe me, if I'd known refusing some imaginary money would cause this much comment, I would have found something, anything.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
{{{{Hugs to you, Ellen!}}}}

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Ellen, if I had your diamond and your ring (or Suzi''s), I''d not want for anything, either! It''s gorgeous and it''s just the right size. It''s beautiful and it stands on its own without any help from side stones.

Since I DON''T have your diamond (LOL!) I know what I''d want! There''s a 1.5 c F VS1 at GOG that has the slender arrows I love. I''d buy that sucker and send it off to Mark Morrell and have him do a lovely, fluid, 900 Pt solitaire. That would probably only eat up about $22,000, so I''d still have some money to spare. I can''t find anything specific at the moment, but I''m sure that with a gift card I could shop at my leisure for some earrings, a bracelet, a necklace or lovely pendant. I''d have a whole wardrobe. Not to be stingy, but I''m not going to buy diamonds for anyone else! They''re MINE, I tell you, MINE!!! Kidding, of course. I could definitely see getting something nice for my sisters and my mom. I also have a friend who shares my love of diamonds, I might get her something, too. With an extra $26,000, I''m sure there would be enough for everyone to get something they would really love and never buy for themselves.

I''m off to buy a lotto ticket.
11.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
This cushion from GOG (don't know if it's been chosen yet!):

2.06 G, VS2 EX/EX

Since it's only $23,460....I have money left over. $24,540 to be exact. If I HAD to spend the rest on diamonds...

THIS pendant (for me):

1.5ct G, VS2 Ideal RB

With my remaining $10k, I'd buy my mom a 1.5ct G, VS2-SI1 pear to go into a beautiful YG pendant.

That was fun!
9.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Yep, spending virtual money is fun, too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2006 7:14:14 PM
Author: EBree
This cushion from GOG (don''t know if it''s been chosen yet!):

2.06 G, VS2 EX/EX

Since it''s only $23,460....I have money left over. $24,540 to be exact. If I HAD to spend the rest on diamonds...

THIS pendant (for me):

1.5ct G, VS2 Ideal RB

With my remaining $10k, I''d buy my mom a 1.5ct G, VS2-SI1 pear to go into a beautiful YG pendant.

That was fun!
9.gif
We can share that beautiful cushion, Ebree! I did go back yesterday and add that stone and another fancy shape as my alternates to my original rb choices. Since I already have rounds, I decided I should branch out! But I do love that cushion stone, too! So we can trade it back and forth since it is imaginary anyway!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey! That''s my cushion ladies -- page 4!

But I''ll share. That''s 8 K each... so I have another 16K to spend!
11.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2006 11:25:34 PM
Author: Gypsy
Hey! That''s my cushion ladies -- page 4!

But I''ll share. That''s 8 K each... so I have another 16K to spend!
11.gif
That''s a deal, Gypsy! Maybe we can put it in that split shank pave Richard Landi setting if that''s okay with EBree!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 10:09:08 PM

Ann, no the thread is not new. She worked for Beaudry so she has made rings for him and now is on her own. I''d love to get her to make something for me since I''m not likely to get a Beaudry piece anytime soon!
DS,
Could you please let me know how to get in touch with Maytal? THANKS!

And oh, to answer the original question... I''d buy Harriet''s diamond (if she didn''t want it, of course...
2.gif
). I/J/K... I don''t care, I think that diamond is drop-dead GORGEOUS!!!!!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results