shape
carat
color
clarity

If you had $48,000.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lynn - I actually traded e-mail with Maytal some time ago. Here is her address: maytaljewels @ gmail.com (obviously take the spaces out).

She is just a doll!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 12:16:24 PM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 12/30/2006 10:09:08 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Ann, no the thread is not new. She worked for Beaudry so she has made rings for him and now is on her own. I''d love to get her to make something for me since I''m not likely to get a Beaudry piece anytime soon!
DS,
Could you please let me know how to get in touch with Maytal? THANKS!

And oh, to answer the original question... I''d buy Harriet''s diamond (if she didn''t want it, of course...
2.gif
). I/J/K... I don''t care, I think that diamond is drop-dead GORGEOUS!!!!!!
30.gif
How can you tell without seeing it? No sarcasm intended.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 2:03:23 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 12/30/2006 10:09:08 PM

Ann, no the thread is not new. She worked for Beaudry so she has made rings for him and now is on her own. I''d love to get her to make something for me since I''m not likely to get a Beaudry piece anytime soon!
DS,

And oh, to answer the original question... I''d buy Harriet''s diamond (if she didn''t want it, of course...
2.gif
30.gif
i agree with lynn!!

i have bought a few of my diamonds sight unseen and the idealscope images DON''T LIE.
5.gif
that diamond looks like it would be a firecracker. and lynn is a size whore like me so we''d have to fight over it.
31.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/1/2007 1:09:39 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Lynn - I actually traded e-mail with Maytal some time ago. Here is her address: maytaljewels @ gmail.com (obviously take the spaces out).

She is just a doll!
Thanks, Dee Jay! Yes, she is very nice! I seriously hope to have a project for her sometime this year (involving a sapphire).

Lynn, I wouldn''t hesitate to use Maytal. Let us know if you decide to start a project! And I really agree, I''d be very happy to have Harriet''s diamond! It is going to be gorgeous! I have to remember that these exceptional H&A stones do not show color like less well cut ones.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, I sincerely think it is because all of us who have ideal cut hearts and arrows stones love them in all colors! Because they are so beautiful, it does make you want a larger size! So many people here do go to I and J and even K color to get the large size stones. I haven''t seen one that isn''t beautiful yet! The ideal cut stones like this have such good light performance that mainly what you see face up is the relection of white light (if you are in a room with white light or in sunlight or spotlighting). The most beautiful my diamond has appeared was in a convention center which probably had halogen spotlighting. These stones really do outperform others in all lighting.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

DS,

2.gif
30.gif
DS,
THANKS for the e-mail address for Maytel. I do have a few project *idea* bees a''buzzing in my bonnet... and I would love to have her as another resource. Thanks again! xoxox

Harriet,
Believe me, I can SO tell that I would love that diamond without seeing it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
No kidding, I am 100% absolutely, totally convinced that it would make my heart sing (and possibly dance, too!) Yep, no question about it!

Mara,
Your post made me LOL!
9.gif
So true, girlfriend... so true!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, I'll give you the short, laymen version, but I highly recommend reading the link I'm giving you from GOG. It may help you to understand what you're looking at with the diamond in questions IS.

In looking at it, see the black triangular shapes? they're very even, that is GOOD. See the little black specs toward the center (we call them watermelon seeds), those are GOOD. Anything showing up black means good scint/fire in certain lighting. That is GOOD. Seriously, the IS on that thing really couldn't be any better.

I'm not trying to talk you into it, just trying to help you understand why some are raving about it. And I have to agree, color aside (which is something you need to see and decide for yourself if it bothers you) this stone IS a stunner.
2.gif

http://www.goodoldgold.com/Technologies/ReflectorTechnologies/WhatdoReflectorsTeachUs/

HTH!

IS_AGS-7372902.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet that is a stunning diamond.

I bought an ACA, nobody can believe how much fire it has.

I can only imagine what one that large will look like.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 5:48:48 PM
Author: Ellen

Harriet, I'll give you the short, laymen version, but I highly recommend reading the link I'm giving you from GOG. It may help you to understand what you're looking at with the diamond in questions IS.

In looking at it, see the black triangular shapes? they're very even, that is GOOD. See the little black specs toward the center (we call them watermelon seeds), those are GOOD. Anything showing up black means good scint/fire in certain lighting. That is GOOD. Seriously, the IS on that thing really couldn't be any better.

I'm not trying to talk you into it, just trying to help you understand why some are raving about it. And I have to agree, color aside (which is something you need to see and decide for yourself if it bothers you) this stone IS a stunner.
2.gif

http://www.goodoldgold.com/Technologies/ReflectorTechnologies/WhatdoReflectorsTeachUs/

HTH!
Thanks (and that applies to the rest of you too). Does the WF site show the reverse of the Ideal Scope image? I can't find it.
Do you think this stone I/J/K or whatever it is will appear white?
Separately, a bricks and mortar has a pair of earrings I love, and I'm contemplating having it custom made. Will it violate PS rules if I post the link to it? I'd like some suggestions on craftsmen.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 8:07:01 PM

Harriet, I''ll give you the short, laymen version, but I highly recommend reading the link I''m giving you from GOG. It may help you to understand what you''re looking at with the diamond in questions IS.

In looking at it, see the black triangular shapes? they''re very even, that is GOOD. See the little black specs toward the center (we call them watermelon seeds), those are GOOD. Anything showing up black means good scint/fire in certain lighting. That is GOOD. Seriously, the IS on that thing really couldn''t be any better.

I''m not trying to talk you into it, just trying to help you understand why some are raving about it. And I have to agree, color aside (which is something you need to see and decide for yourself if it bothers you) this stone IS a stunner.
2.gif

HTH!
Thanks (and that applies to the rest of you too).
Separately, a bricks and mortar has a pair of earrings I love, and I''m contemplating having it custom made. Will it violate PS rules if I post the link to it? I''d like some suggestions on craftsmen.
the stone will appear white from the top... from the side it will have a *very* slight tinge. Personally I like the color, it gives it substance - but its very easy to hide the side with the setting type you choose. Settings that have a lot of detail around the pavillion or are in a halo - you won''t see the pavillion and ALL you will see is white and red and green and purple and blue and yes, yellow - but the other kind :)

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Separately, a bricks and mortar has a pair of earrings I love, and I''m contemplating having it custom made. Will it violate PS rules if I post the link to it? I''d like some suggestions on craftsmen.
I guess Dave still has it.

Consider looking at a well stocked store at GIA/AGS graded Is Js Ks...and see what you think.
Make a date with your stone

I think the policies will let you link anwwhere.

Best,

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 8:13:56 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Harriet, I''ll give you the short, laymen version, but I highly recommend reading the link I''m giving you from GOG. It may help you to understand what you''re looking at with the diamond in questions IS.

In looking at it, see the black triangular shapes? they''re very even, that is GOOD. See the little black specs toward the center (we call them watermelon seeds), those are GOOD. Anything showing up black means good scint/fire in certain lighting. That is GOOD. Seriously, the IS on that thing really couldn''t be any better.

I''m not trying to talk you into it, just trying to help you understand why some are raving about it. And I have to agree, color aside (which is something you need to see and decide for yourself if it bothers you) this stone IS a stunner.
2.gif

HTH!
Thanks (and that applies to the rest of you too).
the stone will appear white from the top... from the side it will have a *very* slight tinge. Personally I like the color, it gives it substance - but its very easy to hide the side with the setting type you choose. Settings that have a lot of detail around the pavillion or are in a halo - you won''t see the pavillion and ALL you will see is white and red and green and purple and blue and yes, yellow - but the other kind :)
What other kind of yellow?
I''m thinking of the classic 6-prong T-style setting. I like eternity bands too, but haven''t found one I like.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 8:17:27 PM
Author: Regular Guy

I guess Dave still has it.

Consider looking at a well stocked store at GIA/AGS graded Is Js Ks...and see what you think.
Make a date with your stone

I think the policies will let you link anwwhere.

Best,
Here goes:
http://www.harrywinston.com/go.php/d_Jewels/d03_Earrings,Single-Loop

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, you''ll get more replies to your question if you post it as a new thread. I''d just say you''d like to have some similar to these custom made and you''d like to know who is capable of doing high quality work. Those earring are gorgeous and I''d definitely have them custom made. I''d probably try WF for those. I know Kaleigh had some diamond huggie hoops made there, so they do make custom earrings.

AS far as eternity bands go, Tiffany is an obvious choice but very high, of course, the next best quality is supposed to be Memoire, and Facets makes very nice ones at a great price although some of them are set a little higher and may rub ering prongs. Mine is the Memoire and it sits as low as the Tiffany. My jeweler said it is the best shared prong band made (although I am sure he was not considering Tiffany since he cannot stock those!).

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any setting suggestions for the infamous stone?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 8:18:22 PM

Date: 1/1/2007 8:13:56 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

What other kind of yellow?
I''m thinking of the classic 6-prong T-style setting. I like eternity bands too, but haven''t found one I like.
:) The prismatic type.... the rainbow of fire colors from dispersion!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet those earrings about stopped my heart. HOLY GOD those are STUNNING. You must get them made and then post a TON of pics of the result.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2007 12:01:58 AM
Author: Gypsy
Harriet those earrings about stopped my heart. HOLY GOD those are STUNNING. You must get them made and then post a TON of pics of the result.
Aren''t they gorgeous? Should I just buy them from the store?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well. Is the brand satisfaction something that will make up for the price premium for you? It wouldn''t for me. What would make me happy is using the $$ I save going to Leon or GOG to buy MORE bling.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2007 12:24:33 AM
Well. Is the brand satisfaction something that will make up for the price premium for you? It wouldn''t for me. What would make me happy is using the $$ I save going to Leon or GOG to buy MORE bling.
I''m not after bling. For earrings, I want delicate. Will the price difference be significant? Ah, the power of instant gratification.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wasn't talking ghetto bling Harriet. LOL. Just that with what you save... you can get yourself something nice and sparkly in addition to the earrings-- like a really nice sapphire for a future project (just want I'd like). As for the price difference... I'd send an email (with Leon always follow up with a call) and find out. But there wouldn't be instant gratification. Leon does extrememly delicate and quite frankly, stunning work however, and is well worth the wait.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2007 12:43:07 AM
I wasn't talking ghetto bling Harriet. LOL. Just that with what you save... you can get yourself something nice and sparkly in addition to the earrings-- like a really nice sapphire for a future project (just want I'd like). As for the price difference... I'd send an email (with Leon always follow up with a call) and find out. But there wouldn't be instant gratification. Leon does extrememly delicate and quite frankly, stunning work however, and is well worth the wait.
There's something else I have my eye on. It's an emerald cut diamond (I'd use a coloured stone, or I'd seriously break the bank) with a halo and a splt shank. Unfortunately, there's no link, only a photo, and I'm leery of copyright infringement.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just post the pic and cite the source... you can''t leave us hanging.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2007 12:21:27 AM

Date: 1/2/2007 12:01:58 AM
Aren't they gorgeous? Should I just buy them from the store?
I spoke with a company that does custom work, and they said they had to modify the design for legal reasons. Darn. You don't happen to be an IP lawyer, do you?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny, but Gypsy does happen to be a lawyer!

I''ll post a ring by Maytal Hoftman which sounds really similar.

maytalR-ec (2)a.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2007 8:20:53 PM
Funny, but Gypsy does happen to be a lawyer!

I''ll post a ring by Maytal Hoftman which sounds really similar.
I remember her saying so in an earlier thread.

Isn''t that setting gorgeous?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, and it would be magnificent with a colored gemstone!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope. I have two cousins that are however!

The changes that have to be made could enhance it... Pokey wanted Leon to do something similar a Daniel K and honestly his ring turned out amazing. But if you love it EXACTLY as it is... buy the original.

Mmm. I love that setting you posted DS!

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
I would get this 3.03 ct. Tiffany baby (at a mere $36K from SP!)

Link here: http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=5346

26567_xlarge.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't belive a 3.03 ct ANYTHING from Tiffanys *retailed* for only $50K!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results