shape
carat
color
clarity

"Ideal" Oval?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am curious to know what a well cut oval would look like....either gemstone or diamond. I know that you don't want a bowtie, but I'm not sure what a "good" oval is versus a "undesirable" oval. Can anyone share a photo of both examples? Thanks for educating me!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No one? Is it just a matter of appealing to my eye or are there other things to watch for?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yenny, when Kaleigh was searching for a 2 ct. oval for an anniversary a few years ago, Jon at Good Old Gold called in some nice ovals for her to choose from. He made videos. etc. There is probably discussion on that thread regarding good aspects of the stones. But to make it easy, if I was looking for one today, I'd just call Jon to call in a few good prospects for me!

I'll see if I can find that thread.

Well, unfortunately the link to the video of the stones is no longer active. Here's a thread showing the stone she chose. The video might be archived with the rest of GOG's videos, but I don't know how to find it.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/somewhere-oval-the-rainbow.51974/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/somewhere-oval-the-rainbow.51974/[/URL]

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks DS and Marcy. I'm looking for a CS, but wanted to know what to look for in an oval. The links are helpful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yennyfire, what type of CS are you interested in buying? All fancy shapes will show some windowing and bowties but the better cut gems won't have them so pronounced. I find I don't mind the windows so much on the lighter CS gems. Have fun shopping.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm not exactly sure which cs I want. There are so many gorgeous ones out there. Probably something on the less expensive side since I'm a newbuw to cs's....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fun to begin your collection of CS. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results