shape
carat
color
clarity

Idea for Leon Mege to set my alexandrite...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto BEG!!!! I put the price up of my ring once, but they aren''t on the internet so I''m not to worried about it if they try to go after my (local) jeweler.

I think the ring sounds pretty fantastic btw. I love Krikawa and have heard nothing but good things about them! I can''t wait to see the final piece!

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
ok, no prices. they are listed on the website anyway lol! Just seems like a great deal for such a magnificient creation!
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a great design; you get the best of both worlds in rose gold, diamonds and still have the alex stand out on its own.
36.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s going to be stunning! & sophisticated! A perfect showcase for your alexandrite!

purrfectpear -- thank you for introducing us to this designer!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
PP hit the nail on the head on this one. That is going to be one DYNAMITE ring and I imagine will become one of your favorites. A one of a kind for sure!!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for this one! I think the ring look better without the diamonds.

Date: 3/2/2009 6:30:36 PM
Author: shaunrice
My design will be a combonation of both of these. Rose Mokume, but platinum liner with diamonds.
9.gif

secondhandnews

Shiny_Rock
Yeah!!! PP found a great ring for you. I just had to pop in and see if you had made a decision. Can''t wait to see the finished ring.

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
As my babies are still at GIA, the eta of this ring is going to be sometime in May I''m guessing.

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Hmm. Leon Mege got back to me. An extremely solid platinum ring would be near the cost of Mokume... As I''m rather a traditionalist at heart... I''m now unsure which way to go...

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I love how original the mokume gane is if you think it won''t detract from how special your alex is.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 4:40:55 PM
Author: mercoledi
Personally, I love how original the mokume gane is if you think it won''t detract from how special your alex is.

Ditto! My opinion, btw, is that the Mokume wouldn''t detract but really would enhance your alex. His designs are unique but in the pics look fairly subtle so I think your alex. will look fabulous there

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Mokume ring is very distinctive and would be easily recognizable. In addition, it appeals to my taste and I think would make your Alexandrite stand out. However, you said that you have a traditional streak in you, so maybe Leon''s the way to go.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Both great options; I truly don''t think you can go wrong either way. But if you''re generally the more traditional type as you say, I''m thinking Leon. Life is all about these difficult decisions, eh?
2.gif

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
I think I''m going with the Mokume Wave w/ 1.7mm diamonds. They use D, E, F, VVS stones, so they should really flash. I''m using a platinum lining, so I get everything I want in a ring 99.9% of the world has never seen. Thanks so much guys for your advice and help, and pics will come as soon as I rustle up the money lol!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The PT lining will really stand out! Can''t wait to see the completed ring.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 12:09:34 AM
Author: shaunrice
I think I''m going with the Mokume Wave w/ 1.7mm diamonds. They use D, E, F, VVS stones, so they should really flash. I''m using a platinum lining, so I get everything I want in a ring 99.9% of the world has never seen. Thanks so much guys for your advice and help, and pics will come as soon as I rustle up the money lol!

Fantastic! Get going on rustling up that money so we can see this ring!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
sounds like one stellar, attention-grabbing ring! Can''t wait to see it
36.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results