shape
carat
color
clarity

Idea for Leon Mege to set my alexandrite...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
3mm

SR pear Alex 4 stones.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
2mm (Sorry I didn''t do them in order...)

SR pear Alex 2mm 6 stones.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
2mm... I''d guesstimate this "band" to be around 12-13mm thick. I''m just kind of making up stuff as I go.

SR pear Alex 2mm halo.jpg

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
that''s the one I like best. the very last one! you rock!! lol!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.gif

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
This is the ring Lizzy was in before I sent her to GIA... Just not substantial enough for a stone like that I thought. So I put in this ugly pear sapphire lol! no laughing at the window, or the color banding... or um... Well, the poor thing is just ugly, but boy does she sparkle!!! WAY more beautiful than she deserves to be lol!

uglysapphirerhys.jpg

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
as you can see, this ring was a simple band with a basket setting for the pear. I will have the next ring heavier. Rather than a basket sitting on top of the band, it will be thick, and flush.

uglysapphirerhys2.jpg

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Have you considered Mokume Gane? Here is a Krikawa ring that would be beautiful.

R-MWave-ruby-tn.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 11:53:03 AM
Author: purrfectpear
Have you considered Mokume Gane? Here is a Krikawa ring that would be beautiful.

That one is my favorite... WOW!

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 1:27:22 AM
Author: shaunrice
that''s the one I like best. the very last one! you rock!! lol!
Hi Shaun!
Did you say how wide you want the shank to be? 12-13mm is huge!! If you want it that large, no problem-- but if you decide you want a slightly smaller shank, the 2mms might not fit so well

Just a thought!

Have fun designing!
9.gif

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 1:20:13 PM
Author: mochi

That one is my favorite... WOW!

Yes! it my favourite too.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
That''s lovely, I love Kirkawa.

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
I sent an e-mail to Mokume-gane for a price quote. With the right color combo, that would be one seriously knockout ring!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 3:49:09 PM
I sent an e-mail to Mokume-gane for a price quote. With the right color combo, that would be one seriously knockout ring!

I agree. Serious BLING!
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now THAT is one hot ring and would suit the alex. I''m glad you are persuing a quote.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Thats a wonderful option for setting a pear cut stone! Thanks for the heads up, purrfectpear..... hmmm......
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Good call Purrfectpear! That''s one seriously knockout setting - and Shaun, your alex. will looking amazing in it.

I''ve seen some of Mokume Gane''s work at my jewelers and it''s just as gorgeous in person as in pictures - more so in fact.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I think purrfectpear nailed it here. That would be one stunning ring!

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
what about adding bezel set diamonds on each side of the pear? in that Mokume-Gane ring?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 11:40:32 PM
what about adding bezel set diamonds on each side of the pear? in that Mokume-Gane ring?

You mean on the sides of the pear, where it meets the ring? I think that would be cool - depends on how big they are but I think that would get you the flash you want without overshadowing the alex.

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
yes, exactly

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
I really want platinum, and I''m not sure what the platinum content of his rings are... Still waiting for a response...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Wow that ring PP posted is gorgeous!

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
That ring wasn''t made by Mokume-Gane, and they were very defensive about it being named to them. With that kind of response, I''m not comfortable with them doing my ring. Think I''m just going to stick to the guy who made my other ring, and go with straight PLAT.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you contact Krikawa? They do Mokume-Gane and I think that's who that ring is from. They are in AZ btw.

ETA: Link

secondhandnews

Shiny_Rock
Well, if I could jump in here, I wouldn''t give up yet on the design PP posted. If you can''t find the designer, then maybe someone could create a similar ring. I like that design the best for a man''s ring. JMHO.

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
I contacted Krikawa, and they were wonderful! So... I picked the Mokume Wave with diamonds, platinum liner. Is it ok for me to give you their price? Or is that not allowed? It will be the wine pattern pictured with a pear shaped ruby, but the liner will be platinum instead of rose gold. I can''t thank you enough for the leads! I had never even heard of this style before!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 5:54:09 PM
I contacted Krikawa, and they were wonderful! So... I picked the Mokume Wave with diamonds, platinum liner. Is it ok for me to give you their price? Or is that not allowed? It will be the wine pattern pictured with a pear shaped ruby, but the liner will be platinum instead of rose gold. I can''t thank you enough for the leads! I had never even heard of this style before!

That''s fantastic - I really can''t wait to see how this turns out.

Price is up to you, but many posters tend to feel uncomfortable giving quotes on an open forum for custom work (what they quote one poster might be different for another, don''t want to cause problems, etc.). It''s up to you however.

If you have any pictures, though, feel free to post those! So did you opt to not do the diamonds?

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
My design will be a combonation of both of these. Rose Mokume, but platinum liner with diamonds.

alexismokumewaverose.jpg

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
and here is the second...

lizzymokumediamonds.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results