shape
carat
color
clarity

ICY WHITE DIAMONDS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Ohhh my dear lord! ROFLMAO! All I can say is that there are quite a few virtuous people hanging around here. LOLOL.

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2005 1:22:10 PM
Author: Asschman

Trying to wrap my mind around this conundrum makes my prefrontal cortex sad.

oh no...i came on PS to try to forget about my neuroanatomy midterm today!!
face21.gif
emsmilep.gif

Wouldn''t it be funny if WD has just become a lurker since all of the drama and has always still hung around in the backgournd and now all of a sudden a whole thread is created about how much she sucks???

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2005 5:10
6.gif
5 PM
Author: codex57

I didn''t read all of that thread, but in my previous posts, I stated that I am now convinced she''s schizo AND dense. I''d say that''s pretty close to your description of not being of able mind.
My diagnosis is that she has obsessive compulsive disorder. She obsesses over the differences in diamond color grades and compulses by asking the same questions over and over. lol
2.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
wow. I just spent the past hour reading some of her posts and threads. I think that she had multiple personalities. That would explain the constant changing of names on her profile, and the repeated asking of the same questions. She also seemed to be lying about her age, educational status and marital status. All in all, someone who needed help badly and I''m not talking about jewelery help!!

Man - Mara, Michelle..... she really hated you guys
20.gif
So sorry you had to deal with her!! Wonder what became of her......

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2005 9:42:14 AM
Author: AGBF
OMG!!! I thought ''duncashin'' for ''danke schoen'' was good, then I saw this!!!

strmrdr wrote:

''OK one last time....
Turn off the caps lock key its annoying and does not get you answers faster.

Pictures wont do any good the camera sees color differently than humans on top of that no 2 computers will show them the same.

Slowly, very slowly back away from the computer and get into your car and drive to a jewlery store.
Go in, looking in from outside wont help.
Now ask the nice people there to show you the nice white coats.. woops wrong thread... I mean various color grade diamonds.
Look real close and decide which you like best.
Now wasnt that fun?''

Were you bleeding during this one, strmrdr?
AGBF: you must be in my brain!! Strms: response was SOOOO hilarious. I laughed for at least five minutes after I read that. I am in fact still giggling over that one!!!!
26.gif

youngnlove

Rough_Rock

Also, what about D E and F? Are they ALL ICY WHITE????

----------------

No, F isn''t white at all. Most Fs are just kind of like brown or yellow sludge that look a little white in some special lighting conditions. But then E is surprisingly icier white than D, although not as purely white. It''s the white used to paint the clouds in heaven, not the white of your eyeballs.

OK, I''m just kidding. If you''re not going to look at the stones themselves, then it doesn''t matter. What do you mean by "icy white"? Is this supposed to be some sort of quantifiable term?

that has to be the funniest response i''ve read so far....
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
I finally read this thread and then all of whitediamonds threads - LMAO !!!!

I will never again look at a broken avatar without thinking of ICY WHITE DIAMONDS!

29.gif
Even though I knew she wasn''t around and seemed pretty wacko, there were times my fingers were just itching to hit the keyboard and post!!!! WOW!

I can see why all those who got involved with her have memories....

I probably would have replaced a few keyboards and monitors myself!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
OH NO!!! I think I used a similar phrase to describe someone''s diamond!!!
6.gif
Her influence is still here!
14.gif

I was here when she was posting and she drove us all crazy.
38.gif
Her polls were incredibly stupid, and her posts were just as bad as you all have read by now.

And that YELLING! I hated all that YELLING!
29.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Maybe we should *bump* all her polls so the Newbies can have some fun.
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2005 8:18
6.gif
7 AM
Author: sevens one
Maybe we should *bump* all her polls so the Newbies can have some fun.
9.gif
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Come On Strm- we never really did resolve whether getting engaged was just a fad or if Pear Cut diamonds were "out"- like in this clever poll:

Poll:
Question: PEARS: IN OR OUT, FEELINGS -TAKE MY POLL!

Answers
I know someone who bought a PEAR just because it looks bigger than a round.
I think a round diamond looks more expensive than the pears.
I think pears are from the '80's and would prefer a round over one.
I would like a pear if it didn't have bow ties in it.
More than one jeweler told me that pears were out of fashion and rounds are classic, hence pear prices are less.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
ROFL 100x LMAO! THIS WAS THE BEST THREAD EVER! ... (rude caps) hehehe. Thanks for that. Definitely, thanks!
36.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is an interesting phenomenon. Everyone (well, many people) are participating in it. I certainly have. We are all getting a laugh out of the foibles of someone else, assuming that that person is not reading it. We are an "in crowd" celebrating our insidedness. If the person about whom we are joking were here, we wouldn't do it. It would be too impolite. We wouldn't want to be disliked. Now, however, we are sharing "the warmth of a common aggression". Without mentioning the names of any other diamond fora, I will say that I learned a bit about myself from interactions on another forum. I am keeping an eye on myself. Sometimes I can do things in a group I wouldn't do alone.

Deb

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2005 11:18
6.gif
3 AM
Author: AGBF

This thread is an interesting phenomenon. Everyone (well, many people) are participating in it. I certainly have. We are all getting a laugh out of the foibles of someone else, assuming that that person is not reading it. We are an ''in crowd'' celebrating our insidedness. If the person about whom we are joking were here, we wouldn''t do it. It would be too impolite. We wouldn''t want to be disliked. Now, however, we are sharing ''the warmth of a common aggression''. Without mentioning the names of any other diamond fora, I will say that I learned a bit about myself from interactions on another forum. I am keeping an eye on myself. Sometimes I can do things in a group I wouldn''t do alone.

Deb

Judging from the responses in previous posts, even if she were here, I''m quite certain a few of our members would continue to talk about her or even berate her directly. It happened while she was posting (in her threads too) so who''s to say it wouldn''t happen now? I think she infuriated people so much that they deliberately would be rude to her.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OhhhhhhhMyyyyyGoddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to wipe the tears (from laughing so hard) off my keyboard!!!!
Thank goodness this lady was way before my time!!!
Its good you can all look back and laugh...it is hysterical if you think about it...what a clueless, classless loser!!!!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I have to admit (like icelady) that this nutbag got into my subconscious.....the other day I breathlessly described fellow LIW Croi''s GORGEOUS new rock as "ICY white." I mean, it IS--it''s an E and it''s an incredible cut, and has fire to spare--but I still didn''t even realize until after the fact that I was under the spell and had basically quoted her verbatim.

Have you guys seen AnchorMan? It makes me think of that one character...."LOUD NOISES!!!! I DON''T KNOW WHY I''M YELLING!!!!!".....kind of the same thing: "WHITE DIAMONDS!!!!!! LOUD NOISES!!!!!"

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
There was some really good information exchanged about dogs and cats on one thread.
9.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
After reading her posts, I did feel a bit sorry for her.
emsad.gif
In her own, admittedly strange way, I do think she was sincerely looking for information. At times it was the same information already given, but perhaps she didn''t have the best memory (or logic).....

I do hope she ended up getting some jewelry that now gives her happiness.....

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2005 5:39:47 PM
Author: websailor
emsad.gif
In her own, admittedly strange way, I do think she was sincerely looking for information. At times it was the same information already given, but perhaps she didn''t have the best memory (or logic).....

Ahhhh, websailor. You type like an eternal optimist. I personally really doubt she ever got any jewelry. I think it was all a pipe dream, with completely unreasonable expectations. I have to assume she is still looking for that dirt cheap, 3ctw, D I2 stone, maybe ideal cut, maybe not, depending on what her $6000 would buy.

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
I think everybody likes a good fight now and then. If they didn''t, why would PS''ers have dignified her questions with an answer? Over and over....

Her legacy lives on and on......Her posts definitely got some play and they still are, without her.

Makes for some interesting reading! I''ve noticed that here though, let a thread get a little ugly and everyone will look at it and post. It''ll go on for days.......It gets your attention. Not your average thread.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
emsad.gif
In her own, admittedly strange way, I do think she was sincerely looking for information. At times it was the same information already given, but perhaps she didn't have the best memory (or logic).....

I went thru that stage at the time and tried to help her on the board and in responce to her PM.
But I reached my breaking point.

I hope she found what ever it was she needed.

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2005 6:13:47 PM
Author: lop

emsad.gif
In her own, admittedly strange way, I do think she was sincerely looking for information. At times it was the same information already given, but perhaps she didn't have the best memory (or logic).....

Ahhhh, websailor. You type like an eternal optimist. I personally really doubt she ever got any jewelry. I think it was all a pipe dream, with completely unreasonable expectations. I have to assume she is still looking for that dirt cheap, 3ctw, D I2 stone, maybe ideal cut, maybe not, depending on what her $6000 would buy.
Yup I am....

Yeah, some of her specs did have me raising my eyebrows....but by then I had kinda figured out that there might be a few screws loose....

Or should I say, loose rocks?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The reason WD disliked me so much is because I called her on the carpet almost every time she asked the same Q over and over. I started losing patience...I'm not a very patient person to begin with.
9.gif
MY GOD...D E F....ICY WHITE...ALL THE YELLING. Calgon!!!!

Originally she couldn't wait to chime in with us all here....but then suddenly we were unhelpful and cliquey and I was 'mean' and 'rude' for telling her to get off her butt and go into a store and look for herself! How many times can you ask for virtual stuff only to be told to GET INTO A STORE and then ask the same Q's again?! Oh my gosh.
32.gif

One of my favorite threads was the 'Is getting engaged a fad' poll where the answers were things such as 'I just want a big rock and don't care who I marry' ....
20.gif
...I remember that thread got some choice responses!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
For true hilarity I should have probably bumped this thread ... it made my day, I swear and it''s only 9:53am...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2005 9:55:45 AM
Author: decodelighted
For true hilarity I should have probably bumped this thread ... it made my day, I swear and it''s only 9:53am...

I saw this thread and was like NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO she isnt back.
Sheesh 10 min later my blood pressure is still sky high!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am SOOOO sorry I missed it in the first place. Gosh, I miss Asschman & I never "knew" him. That guy is a riot!

Now .. can someone please post their 1.24 D, E & F pear-shaped diamonds on a freshly grown Chia Pet and explain to me why they''d have picked a "tacky 80''s" shape like that to begin with??? ALSO - WHAT DID YOU PAY?????

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Is getting engaged a fad?"

Absolutely, yes. Marriage always ends that particular fad

11.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Gotta love the classics.
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and for anyone who felt sorry for WD - don''t. Her threatening posts have long been deleted - but they were down right phsycotic.
23.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2005 4:29:52 PM
Author: Mara
OH MY GOD!!!
32.gif

I saw only the title of the thread as I was scrolling down the PS main page and felt the hand of cold diamond fear clutching my heart....NO SAY IT IS NOT SO!!!! No one else says ICY WHITE DIAMONDS but....

Then I read the thread and instantly felt at ease...no WD had not resurfaced...it was only Asschman giving us a Monday giggle.
9.gif

WD was no fun for me...she didn''t even like to verbally spar or even argue her points. For a PhD like her?
20.gif
No fun!

Now give me back the likes of ''jlim'' anyday...mmmm Tiffany and D IF!!! Oh the good old days!
31.gif
I THOUGHT THE SAME THING!!!! I wasn''t around in early ''04 when she was posting all this craziness, but I just read through her old threads because decodelighted bumped her "SHOW ME YOUR D AND G NEXT TO EACH OTHER" or something like that thread over in RockyTalky.

Then I come over here and I see a thread entitled "ICY WHITE DIAMONDS", in all caps, and I''m thinking oohhh noooo!!!

Well, wherever she is, here''s to hoping she got her ICY WHITE DIAMOND. heh.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results