shape
carat
color
clarity

ICY WHITE DIAMONDS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Asschman

Rough_Rock
I would just like to give a shout-out to White Diamonds, wherever she is, for her amazing run on these boards in early-to-mid 2004. In doing some search of the PScope archives I came across one of her posts and was instantly captivated by her unique vernacular and dogged insistence on ignoring all the information presented to her.

I am sad that she is no longer posting here, but to all of ya''''ll who attempted to educate her and patiently (and not so patiently) responded to her requests for ICY WHITE DIAMONDS I am deeply indebted. That whole saga has kept me laughing non-stop for the past hour.

Maybe she will see this post and rise to the surface, like the proverbial fish taking the bait. Sigh. I can only hope.

Yours,

Asschman

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
Yiks, man !

"unique vernacular and dogged insistence on ignoring all the information presented" -- some bait !
23.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still have the scars from banging my forehead with the keyboard in frustration when dealing with her.
The blood killed my second favorite keyboard.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Can''t find her! I wanna see!!
9.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
You''re too funny!
11.gif
She really was something, wasn''t she?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Remember how she wanted us to post our pictures of our D, F and G diamonds all together for her? Not on the same thread...but in the same photo! Like we all had them sitting around waiting to be photographed.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOD!!!
32.gif

I saw only the title of the thread as I was scrolling down the PS main page and felt the hand of cold diamond fear clutching my heart....NO SAY IT IS NOT SO!!!! No one else says ICY WHITE DIAMONDS but....

Then I read the thread and instantly felt at ease...no WD had not resurfaced...it was only Asschman giving us a Monday giggle.
9.gif

WD was no fun for me...she didn't even like to verbally spar or even argue her points. For a PhD like her?
20.gif
No fun!

Now give me back the likes of 'jlim' anyday...mmmm Tiffany and D IF!!! Oh the good old days!
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness gracious...usually don''t use that expression, but this one called for the big guns. This post peaked my interest, so I went back and looked up wd''s posts (i hadn''t yet discovered ps when she was around.) all i can say is...girls, i feel so sorry for those of you who had this mispleaure of dealing with this "situation." It would have been more effective talking to a wall

***will say that i agree with asschman though...i LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
HAHA, i searched... and
6.gif
6.gif

i commend you guys for your patience
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wd was before my time, but after reading those posts, i am certain she has posted recently under a different nom de plume.....maybe even a couple!
40.gif

Asschman

Rough_Rock
I think a little part of me died inside everytime I read a redundant post containing gibberish. It was almost like she typed with her computer screen off so she couldn''t see the answers to her questions.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for a good laugh!!!
3.gif

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
This was all before my time, but I''d actually happened upon one of her posts through archive searches for something else. At first, I thought everyone was being really randomly mean to some poor uneducated newbie, because I jumped into her 2nd or 3rd redundant, ridiculous post and people were already putting their foot down a little bit. That''s why I looked up all of hers to get the back story because there obviously was one, and so the saga began. I have so much fun trying to imagine who these people are, and if they''re serious.

Like Mara, and even though I wasn''t reading the boards when she was actually posting, when I saw the subject line of this one, I tensed up and thought she was back!

I''ll have to go back and read them again here for amusement now...

Good stuff!

Sashabella

Rough_Rock
Yikes. I wonder if she really had a potential fiance/fiance. Poor man.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I dunno, maybe she was just color blind.
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Why oh why did I click on those links you posted, Mara?

I''m shaking here. My blood pressure has gone up and I''ve got a nervous twitch in my right eye.

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
The all caps thing is what gets to me - even if no one has explicitly told you this, isn''t it just kind of common sense that writing in all caps is rude and comes off as if you''re yelling at the reader? It just looks so jarring and unpleasant. And then, several people asked her to stop, and she only stopped selectively. That cracks me up.

The polls are classic. I like that no one responded to the pear shape poll. I think that was the best tactic of all.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Poll:
Question: PEARS: IN OR OUT, FEELINGS -TAKE MY POLL!

Answers
I know someone who bought a PEAR just because it looks bigger than a round.
I think a round diamond looks more expensive than the pears.
I think pears are from the '80's and would prefer a round over one.
I would like a pear if it didn't have bow ties in it.
More than one jeweler told me that pears were out of fashion and rounds are classic, hence pear prices are less.

LOLOL! Let me see...Where is the option of "My sister had one in the 80s and I kind of liked it but now I think maybe I should not get one because she ended up cheating on her husband with the mailman and what if she had gone with the marquise instead like her faithful husband wanted?"

Sashabella

Rough_Rock
How do I get into the archives? I need to read some madness!!!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
LOL Asschman!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I remember those days of having to sit on my hands to keep from replying to some of those threads.
6.gif
Just don''t go there, I had to keep telling myself.

Great Monday giggle, after a brief scare seeing the title of this thread!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
asschman, your comment about typing with the monitor off was sooooooo spot on...i think i even told her a time or two to ''clean out the wax''.

my favorite part about WD was that her avatar NEVER worked. guess that phd didn''t come with avatar training.
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The worst of it was the private messages I think I deleted an entire page of messages from her.
ugh feeling urge to break something!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ohhhhhh man, this thread is tooooooo funny. i had no idea it was possible for someone to be that clueless on a continual basis. i am really sorry that you guys had to deal with that nutter, but it sure did make for some funny reading!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s like a song you can''t get out of your head...... everytime i see "diamond" or "white" it automatically turns into ICY WHITE DIAMONDS
37.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2005 6:16:11 PM
Author: Patty
Poll:

Question: PEARS: IN OR OUT, FEELINGS -TAKE MY POLL!

Answers

I know someone who bought a PEAR just because it looks bigger than a round.

I think a round diamond looks more expensive than the pears.

I think pears are from the ''80''s and would prefer a round over one.

I would like a pear if it didn''t have bow ties in it.

More than one jeweler told me that pears were out of fashion and rounds are classic, hence pear prices are less.

LOLOL! Let me see...Where is the option of ''My sister had one in the 80s and I kind of liked it but now I think maybe I should not get one because she ended up cheating on her husband with the mailman and what if she had gone with the marquise instead like her faithful husband wanted?''

Ahh, Patty. The good old days!
9.gif

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/14/2005 6:21:53 PM
Author: Asschman
I also really liked her post here, where some poster is sharing her new ring in the STMR folder. As you scroll through the comments you see a lot of congratulatory notes until you get to the tactless wonder, who asks:

How much did that cost? And how did you pay for it?

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-lucida-3ct-ering-10th-anniv.16057/

Uh, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.

this girl seriously has a pragmatic deficit...."hi, would you please post a .86, .98, 1.024, 1.135, 1.26, 1.303, 1.45, 1.56, 1.58, 1.69 and 1.85ct diamond all lined up next to each other resting on a greenish blue background--all numbers ending in even integers should be F color and above, odd integers G and below....the first and every other diamond should be SI1 and the remaining should be SI2. And if you could place them next to your faberge eggs so that I can get an idea of how much they sparkle in comparison. Thanks, I'm going to sit here and stick my thumb up my butt until you do so...oh, and don't forget to include in your post how much money you make a year, how often you make love to your spouse, what STD's you have, and how many bowel movements you have in a week."

Asschman

Rough_Rock
Alright folks, its too late to be at work on the East Coast, so I am signing off. I would love to see this thread continue tomorrow, and maybe we can track down White Diamonds herself to find out how everything turned out.

In the meantime, KEEP SPORTING YOUR ICY WHITE DIAMONDS!!

Asschman

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results