shape
carat
color
clarity

Icy’s CS adventures

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Played with the opal ring this morning as a quick pick me up before the daily grind...

3FE5B022-2CD2-4F1D-917D-A700E9E10309.jpeg

Clearly am still finding the play of color quite fascinating :lol-2:

Indoors while trying to capture the neon flashes
2F105EAF-42D2-41E6-900E-C258659DABCC.jpeg

Last edited:

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
Just got this 7.11 ct unheated yellow sapphire from Sri Lanka (tested as color stable by two labs) set by my jeweller.

I wanted something really classic looking, with milgrain, engraving, cupped, convertible to pendant and Wriston totally delivered!

B9B7F2F3-C96E-430F-869C-2E23234FDB41.jpeg

@mellowyellowgirl

This is so beautiful! Do you mind if I ask what karat gold you used for the cup? It's such a rich and luxurious color! Do you feel it made a difference in intensifying the color of the sapphire?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
This is so beautiful! Do you mind if I ask what karat gold you used for the cup? It's such a rich and luxurious color! Do you feel it made a difference in intensifying the color of the sapphire?

It’s 18k gold. To be honest not really, maybe just slightly more yellow? That said I’m not sure if it will look less yellow in WG so maybe it does make a difference.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
B143AAAE-6B05-4F79-843A-06AB44E848F9.jpeg 4812DA7B-F64B-4441-A994-53665EAE1FA1.jpeg C476A7AE-8782-4FA6-9E72-DA763F588997.jpeg

Had some time this morning and was quite happily playing with my rings collection 8)

Posted the pics in one of my fav Ps thread (LINK) and adding them here as well.

Anyone else gets a thrill from storing their rings in a rainbow/ombré display of colors?

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Geez...jealous! :kiss2:

What is that vivid orange above your juicy spess?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Geez...jealous! :kiss2:

What is that vivid orange above your juicy spess?

A super neon looking spess which l love and always wish is bigger

The vendor pic was like this and I was like how can any stone look like that but I couldn’t stop thinking about it and took a chance...
25D6C32E-740E-486B-9BBF-536E9D9D1760.jpeg

And when I got it I was like omg it’s traffic cone neon
202FDDE0-E75F-4469-A4B5-B4743FE09C95.jpeg

In office lighting
E441EBCB-EF81-4BC0-9FE5-9747C94B9AF4.jpeg

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
OMG! I don’t believe it! I thought it was a sapphire, think Lorraine Schwartz orange sapphire ring.

LOVE! It sets the spess standard for me.

Was it from a Japanese vendor?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a Rainbow collection. Stunnning!!! A true royal collection with saturated colours and a handful of dreamy soft colours. I like!!!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
OMG! I don’t believe it! I thought it was a sapphire, think Lorraine Schwartz orange sapphire ring.

LOVE! It sets the spess standard for me.

Was it from a Japanese vendor?

Thanks! It sets the spess standard for me too. I think that’s why I find it so hard to buy spess - benchmark is too high (and maybe unachievable for a large spess).

Yes Japanese vendor.

What a Rainbow collection. Stunnning!!! A true royal collection with saturated colours and a handful of dreamy soft colours. I like!!!!!

Thank you! Means a lot to me coming from you as I really love your collection.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Holy smokes @icy_jade , that is a beautiful collection of gems! How do you pick which ones to wear each day?

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Every one a winner! You have the eye Icy, no doubt about that. :)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Holy smokes @icy_jade , that is a beautiful collection of gems! How do you pick which ones to wear each day?
Thank you! Oddly I actually did have a system of sorts. I used to pick out 5 rings at the beginning of the week depending on my mood at that time and also leaning towards the most recent acquisitions. Then I’ll cycle through the selection over the rest of the week. At the beginning of the next week I’ll put that batch of rings back and then select the next batch again and so on.

Now with the pandemic and working from home, it’s mostly just taking some rings out and placing them on my work desk at home to look and perk me up since I don’t wear rings at home.

Every one a winner! You have the eye Icy, no doubt about that. :)

Thank you! You have the eye too @prs
Was just admiring some of your wonderful purchases in some older threads the other day (that beautiful Faberge egg). Would love to see a group shot of her fabulous collection if you can spare some time!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
May I ask where you get these stock settings? They are really pretty designs.

@MMtwo
Replying here so that I don’t threadjack the other thread.

My stock settings are from my local jeweler in Singapore (Asiatique Jewellery - fb here), who gets them via his suppliers from Hong Kong. Understand that @ChaiK who isn’t in Singapore also got him to help set some stones.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@MMtwo
Replying here so that I don’t threadjack the other thread.

My stock settings are from my local jeweler in Singapore (Asiatique Jewellery - fb here), who gets them via his suppliers from Hong Kong. Understand that @ChaiK who isn’t in Singapore also got him to help set some stones.

Kind of you to reply here. Thank you, I will check him out. The designs are so delicate. I will probably wait until after the holidays though.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Your gorgeous gems really brightened my morning. Thanks for sharing!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! You have the eye too @prs
Was just admiring some of your wonderful purchases in some older threads the other day (that beautiful Faberge egg). Would love to see a group shot of her fabulous collection if you can spare some time!

Thank you! Funny you should mention older threads because just yesterday I took another look at all the gorgeous items in the pendants and necklaces thread. You have some great stuff in that thread, but this comment of yours from September 2018 caught my eye. LINK
Am not much of a ring wearer so I see myself getting more of other stuff (pendants, earrings, bracelets) rather than rings.

How times have changed! :mrgreen2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Funny you should mention older threads because just yesterday I took another look at all the gorgeous items in the pendants and necklaces thread. You have some great stuff in that thread, but this comment of yours from September 2018 caught my eye. LINK

How times have changed! :mrgreen2:

Ah yes. Older and wiser. Lol. Maybe also cos I found I was ok to wear rings once my kids were out of diapers. Before there was the ick factor (from diaper and other kids related stuff like vomit, milk, etc) plus worried that I’ll scratch them with my rings. I mean... I had my kids in 2014 and then 2016 so for quite a few years it was just non-stop babies central.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Kind of you to reply here. Thank you, I will check him out. The designs are so delicate. I will probably wait until after the holidays though.

I think with the pandemic both him and his suppliers have been having a harder time getting in stocks but no harm checking. Just FYI what I do is to tell him what shape/size I’m looking for eg cushion 7x7mm or oval 6x8mm

Your gorgeous gems really brightened my morning. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you and that’s so nice to hear. Also feel the same (yay happy) when I see beautiful jewelry that belong to other PS-ers. We can all do with some cheering up in these times. Sometimes I just mindlessly scroll through older threads just to admire the bling.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I think with the pandemic both him and his suppliers have been having a harder time getting in stocks but no harm checking. Just FYI what I do is to tell him what shape/size I’m looking for eg cushion 7x7mm or oval 6x8mm

Thank you and that’s so nice to hear. Also feel the same (yay happy) when I see beautiful jewelry that belong to other PS-ers. We can all do with some cheering up in these times. Sometimes I just mindlessly scroll through older threads just to admire the bling.

Thanks, I will probably message safely after the holidays and hopefully when the world calms down.

I do the same - scroll through older threads. The most lifted I have felt in a while was seeing @astaeria 's wedding pictures the the pearl 2020 thread. Such genuine happiness <3

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Love the bail of your new pendant, very Deco. I always enjoy seeing jadeite pieces designed with the characteristics of Art Deco, très chic!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very intense and reddish lavender to boot! Amazing find!

How's the water content and grain structure?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning pendant. Beautiful lavender colour

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Love the bail of your new pendant, very Deco. I always enjoy seeing jadeite pieces designed with the characteristics of Art Deco, très chic!

Yes... I’ve passed on donuts where I didn’t like the bail so really quite happy with this one. Totally helps that I wear lots of black

Very intense and reddish lavender to boot! Amazing find!

How's the water content and grain structure?

Hmm. It’s icy glutinous and not icy. But ok cos the really watery lavenders are way out of my price range. So I’ve given up on watery lavenders and decided on just getting intense colors, you know the layman way since beer budget...

Like these... mmm so pretty but so expensive
https://en.thevalue.com/articles/poly-auction-hong-kong-2018-jewel-bags

Btw is reddish lavender supposed to be more desired? I actually prefer how bluish lavender looks on my skin.

Am totally in the market for a bangle so if you are done with bangles and see one my size pls let me know k (58-60mm Princess)

What a stunning pendant. Beautiful lavender colour

Thank you! Yeah really liked it when I first saw the pic and was lucky to manage to snag it at the auction. I feel like maybe the bail that I like so much is also a turn off for others

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes... I’ve passed on donuts where I didn’t like the bail so really quite happy with this one. Totally helps that I wear lots of black

Hmm. It’s icy glutinous and not icy. But ok cos the really watery lavenders are way out of my price range. So I’ve given up on watery lavenders and decided on just getting intense colors, you know the layman way since beer budget...

Like these... mmm so pretty but so expensive
https://en.thevalue.com/articles/poly-auction-hong-kong-2018-jewel-bags

Btw is reddish lavender supposed to be more desired? I actually prefer how bluish lavender looks on my skin.

Am totally in the market for a bangle so if you are done with bangles and see one my size pls let me know k (58-60mm Princess)

Thank you! Yeah really liked it when I first saw the pic and was lucky to manage to snag it at the auction. I feel like maybe the bail that I like so much is also a turn off for others

I think lavenders are just so tricky regarding colour and water. I've seen highly icy lavender bangles but sorry, probably not in my lifetime to own one :D will settle for decent colour and some water, like your donut, which isn't easy to find at all as the colour looks pretty full, plus, DONUT. Yes the reddish lavenders 红紫 if intense will command that premium. That's my goal for a bangle. Even if not full coloured. Or an egg! But they tend to be coarser in grain, so another tradeoff.

What sort of coloured bangle are you looking for?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I think lavenders are just so tricky regarding colour and water. I've seen highly icy lavender bangles but sorry, probably not in my lifetime to own one :D will settle for decent colour and some water, like your donut, which isn't easy to find at all as the colour looks pretty full, plus, DONUT. Yes the reddish lavenders 红紫 if intense will command that premium. That's my goal for a bangle. Even if not full coloured. Or an egg! But they tend to be coarser in grain, so another tradeoff.

What sort of coloured bangle are you looking for?

What do you mean by egg? Egg shaped for pendant?

Am looking for icy blue or icy/icy glutinous bluish lavender. And princess cos I don’t like the feel of D bangles. I came close to getting a blue once but it was a D and at that price I didn’t really want to compromise.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What do you mean by egg? Egg shaped for pendant?

Am looking for icy blue or icy/icy glutinous bluish lavender. And princess cos I don’t like the feel of D bangles. I came close to getting a blue once but it was a D and at that price I didn’t really want to compromise.

Yup, an egg/cab. Thinking in Chinese, 蛋面!

Ah, ok, I've let my bangle source know. If anything in a Princess cut in blue/ bluish lavender 58-60, will let you know. Emphasis on the blue tones, yes?

My very last Princess acquisition was a 60 lavender a couple of months back but not icy. No mining in Myanmar now so I see less new stock and higher prices for jadeite, compared to last year.

Curious, any particular reason why you fancy the Princess over the D? I'm fine with both but prefer the princess because I like the classic look, but am not too particular since majority are in D cut.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Yup, an egg/cab. Thinking in Chinese, 蛋面!

Ah, ok, I've let my bangle source know. If anything in a Princess cut in blue/ bluish lavender 58-60, will let you know. Emphasis on the blue tones, yes?

My very last Princess acquisition was a 60 lavender a couple of months back but not icy. No mining in Myanmar now so I see less new stock and higher prices for jadeite, compared to last year.

Curious, any particular reason why you fancy the Princess over the D? I'm fine with both but prefer the princess because I like the classic look, but am not too particular since majority are in D cut.

Thank you!! Yes blue tones.

I find Princess more comfy to wear? Is just the feel of it. I tried wearing D for an extended period to see if can get used to it (since most bangles r D and easier to find) but still find princess more comfy. Cos once I wear it’s almost 24/7 so the comfort factor is really important to me.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Was browsing windows the other day and just to share some yummy gems

5ADB7059-3B8D-4DD1-8C00-B404EA438A93.jpeg EA2879CE-FD8D-4FA7-819A-28601ED30B84.jpeg 2EC37086-E43F-4DB0-AB20-7991EE93B287.jpeg C6FC74BA-57B1-4D6C-BB69-004A6F749D68.jpeg 07B0ACC3-F15B-4EEF-A889-86D7A07FAC6A.jpeg 63EF646F-D2EE-4C43-A88A-D630E45B91BE.jpeg FFE37700-072E-409F-A34F-8E266B31AF53.jpeg

Huen at F.E Plaza has great stuff indeed. So far I only browse its windows, never step foot into the store yet!

I don’t wear jadeite bangle but if I do, it will surely be a princess 圆镯, I find it more 秀气.
Wishing you luck @icy_jade :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results