shape
carat
color
clarity

I Want a Simon G. Ring! Questions

Forever Blue

Rough_Rock
I started looking around for engagement rings. I've looked a LOT online too. I like the look of some Simon G. rings. I want to maybe get the NR453 style w/ a round cut center stone w/o the band (pictured below). (The NR454 is the same but just a princess cut cetner stone.) Robbins Brothers can get a sample so I can see it in person. If I want to see any more rings, they want a $500 refundable fee.

This is all pretty new to me. Are Simon G.'s really worth it? Is Robbins Brothers the best store to buy it OR should I take a chance on an online retailer & if so, which ones have the best prices & are trustworthy? Thanks for any help you can give!
=)2

Attachments

• Simon G NR453.png
    Simon G NR453.png
    173.4 KB · Views: 21

Forever Blue

Rough_Rock
Anyone? I'm brand new here on this board.

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
I started looking around for engagement rings. I've looked a LOT online too. I like the look of some Simon G. rings. I want to maybe get the NR453 style w/ a round cut center stone w/o the band (pictured below). (The NR454 is the same but just a princess cut cetner stone.) Robbins Brothers can get a sample so I can see it in person. If I want to see any more rings, they want a $500 refundable fee.

This is all pretty new to me. Are Simon G.'s really worth it? Is Robbins Brothers the best store to buy it OR should I take a chance on an online retailer & if so, which ones have the best prices & are trustworthy? Thanks for any help you can give!
=)2

What is your budget for the whole ring and what size center stone are you hoping to get? WF carries Simon G and you’d probably get a better price for a top performing diamond by shopping online

Forever Blue

Rough_Rock
Txborn79, budget is $4000 - 5000 TOTAL, so whatever size center stone that will buy. I have run across the site Whiteflash. Are they the best online retailer? What other reputable, trustworthy online retailers are there?

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
Txborn79, budget is $4000 - 5000 TOTAL, so whatever size center stone that will buy. I have run across the site Whiteflash. Are they the best online retailer? What other reputable, trustworthy online retailers are there?

I would rethink the setting then as that would only leave $500-$1500 for the diamond. I’d probably get the biggest stone now in a simple solitaire setting and upgrade the setting later maybe for an anniversary, etc.

With WF, HPD, BGB and VC you could pick a diamond and know it’s going to be the best. There’s a lot of other reputable vendors, it just takes more work to pick something worthwhile.

ChickityChicken

Rough_Rock
The stock settings accommodate 6.5mm stones most of the time. I was drawn to Simon G. settings aswell. But I cannot afford a nice 1 to 1.5ct diamond. I looked at their sister line ( Cheaper/ smaller settings) Zenhani and was going to go that route to set my 5.9mm round green sapphire but chose to go a different direction. You need to see them in person though. I think the Melee on some of the SimonG rings and Zenhani are very very small irl.

Forever Blue

Rough_Rock
Thanks for far guys! Any more comments, I'll return repatedly for a while. I always wanted solely a SINGLE-banded ring w/ the main stone (that they call the engagement ring) because I don't want a 2nd or even 3rd band (that they call the wedding ring/band) that often accompanies the main ring (that people may often weld together later). I just want a single banded ring, but I want that band to be substantial / thicker w/ some embellishment & not just a simple, plain band.

The stock settings accommodate 6.5mm stones most of the time. I was drawn to Simon G. settings aswell. But I cannot afford a nice 1 to 1.5ct diamond. I looked at their sister line ( Cheaper/ smaller settings) Zenhani and was going to go that route to set my 5.9mm round green sapphire but chose to go a different direction. You need to see them in person though. I think the Melee on some of the SimonG rings and Zenhani are very very small irl.

^ Thanks so very much. that's great to know! I never heard of Zeghani & sure didn't know they were the cheaper version of Simon G., so I looked them up. They have 6 collections currently. A few rings are nice, but nothing really jumps out at me, although I do like this one:

Plus, the only retailer seems to be in San Francisco. That's a few hrs flight from me (or a several hr drive). I assume there are some other online retailers that sell Zeghani.

I would rethink the setting then as that would only leave $500-$1500 for the diamond. I’d probably get the biggest stone now in a simple solitaire setting and upgrade the setting later maybe for an anniversary, etc.

With WF, HPD, BGB and VC you could pick a diamond and know it’s going to be the best. There’s a lot of other reputable vendors, it just takes more work to pick something worthwhile.

^ Thanks a lot! Well, so far, I had called Robbins Brothers & told them I wanted to see the style I put a photo above in my 1st post, so I'll be seeing it in person soon. WF is Whiteflash, but what stores are the other acronyms for? I'm not that familiar w/ them all at this point.

Last edited:

sabinameister

Shiny_Rock
I have a Simon g style nr468 and it’s exquisite. Simon g uses white gold mixed with palladium so no need to get it “dipped”. It’s all handmade and stunning! I bought my set at a authorized dealer that is a small family owned jewelry store. Simon G has authorized dealers listed in their website if you put in your zip code it’ll pop up stores nearby. I’ll attach a pic of my ring. It’s a natural GIA F color 1.12 carat for reference. I just reset it into this setting from a Tacori and I haven’t looked back since. 3A39989E-1D35-4872-AAB1-3446E9F1035C.jpeg
Have you thought about a lab grown diamond instead? For your budget you can get a carat or higher if it’s lab grown. Rare carat is a great site to search that is unbiased and you can speak to gemologists to see the stones.

Forever Blue

Rough_Rock
sabinameister, it's indeed exquisite, thanks for sharing. As you can tell from my avatar photo, I got my Simon G too. It's style MR1503 & I love mine as well! The center stone's about 2 carats, then there's another 1.14 carats all around. More was spent than the original plan, but oh well! I got mine from a family-owned jeweler too:

sabinameister

Shiny_Rock
sabinameister, it's indeed exquisite, thanks for sharing. As you can tell from my avatar photo, I got my Simon G too. It's style MR1503 & I love mine as well! The center stone's about 2 carats, then there's another 1.14 carats all around. More was spent than the original plan, but oh well! I got mine from a family-owned jeweler too:

It’s a show stopper!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results