shape
carat
color
clarity

I need some suggestions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I''d take a beautiful oval over a round any day of the week!
3.gif

widget

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the oval 3-stone ring on long slender fingers - YUM!

ALSO, have you considered an oval with tapered side baguettes rather than RB side-stones. I believe there''s one shown on the tiffany.com website - - I think it''s a gorgeous combination!

In any event, you''re in good hands here at PriceScope - good luck with your search!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
It of course is a matter of taste, but my least favorite shape is round, despite the fact that it is the most sparkly. I just find them too boring... (Sorry)
I will say that with all the awesome settings I see on this site, I could be persuaded...but
I would go for an oval with oval sides if you want to be "matchy matchy". For me, I like the center to stand out, so I would want a good contrast in size..but I would prefer an oval with different sides, like trillions or pears....oooohh especially pears! They are so feminine and elegant looking. And, unique and special.....and....

you get the picture! haha

but seriously, try to do some digging so you know exactly what she would like, but I am sure she will like whatever you choose.
( Just think OVal).. hehehe

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I'd probably choose the RB's since they are the most brilliant cut. (I'd save the ovals for a right hand ring anniversary gift!) I wear a 5 1/4 to 5 1/2 and I think about a 1.5 center would be about the largest I could go with sidestones of .6 each. A two carat diamond, in my opinon would be plentiful alone on a 5 1/2 finger. I was even thinking of a 1.25 center stone for myself in a 3 stone. That's the size of Sundial's if someone can post hers.

With your budget, I wouldn't even consider going lower than G color or VS2. There is no reason whatsoever to sacrifice any of the C's when the budget is that high. And you can get the finely cut hearts and arrows stones and make an outstanding ring. Please come back and show us when it is done!

For some ideas on center stones, go to the WhiteFlash site and look at the "A Cut Above" diamonds. That is where you can get an idea for your center stone and then they could recommend matched sidestones for you. Plus they do make beautiful custom settings, so it would be an easy way to do it.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I so so so vote for the ovals...the oval solitaire especially. I am not usually a fan of eternity bands but there is something very special about that one...and while she likes 3 stone rings, if she isn''t expecting a stone of the size you are talking about, she will immediately realize that THAT is the ring she didn''t know she wanted!

She may not know what she can ask for, if she is like me...too shy to pony up with a request like, "Well, I want a blinding rock surrounded by a billion twinkly ones..."

But oh would she love it, I''ll bet!

joe5479

Rough_Rock
I must admit that, before today, I really thought that I''d never purchase anything BUT a round stone. Now, I''m seriously considering the oval. I guess I''ll have to try to look at them side by side to determine what looks better. I''m assuming it''s harder to find stores which have a selection of rings with oval stones.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll throw in another suggestion - Asscher. It is absolutely stunning in the larger sizes, which your budget will allow you to do (lucky girl!). It''ll look like a very special, unusual, yet classic ring.

Check out this one:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/asscher_2_02ct_f_vs1.htm

pic1.jpg

In something like this...
split_shank_assc.jpg

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
with your budget you can get something amazing--what about a round flanked by two pears............classic three stone but a little more elegant-old money-old school

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote round with pear sides, something like this by Mark Morrell

image005.jpg

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
P.S. I saw that your girlfriend likes round or oval stones, but the reason I mentioned an asscher is that I only liked round stones myself until I saw a couple of Asschers in person - they can really change a girl''s mind. Any chance you can go look in an expensive store with a large selection with her "just for fun", while noticing what she seems to like best? Bailey, Banks & Biddle is always good for that :)

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
P.P.S. If you do get round, I vote for a three-stone ring an a beautiful vintage style setting like this:
2257.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ChooChoo, who makes that antique setting? Tacori? I want one of those, too!

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Though I love Tacori rings (and have one!), that particular setting is made by Renaissance Platinum. They had pictures with pretty large center stones like the one wanted by the poster, whereas Tacori''s pictures are all of stones about 1 carat in size.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results