shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally - pics of my upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
After spending all morning reading the manual of the damn camera, standing on the freezing roof deck to get the best light, and then begging my husband (who thinks we''re all crazy, by the way) to "fix" the photos so they are postable, I finally have pics!

First, specs on the ring:
3.02 ct oval
11.30 X 8.09 X 5.13
63.4% depth
53% table
VG/VG
I color (which I never would have considered before seeing the "J" threads!)
SI1 (completely eye clean--and I''m VERY picky)
Faint Flour.
One small pear on each side (.36 ct each)
Finger size 4-3/4

Attempting first pic:

Ering-close small.jpg

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
A farther-away pic that gives a little more perspective:

Ering-far small.jpg

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh, that''s yummmmmmmy! Congratulations on that gorgeous sparkler!!!!
36.gif

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
Finally, a pic with my eternity band. A bit too much bling for every day (I''ll just wear the e-ring with my original wedding band, which is a tiny pave piece that we got at an estate sale, to the office), but Saturday nights, watch out!

Ering-with-eternity-band small.jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh and I like that even more!!! BLING BLING!!!
31.gif
36.gif

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
Definitely wearing it all out tonight as my happy hubby and I celebrate the last few hours of our 6th year of marriage. We eloped in Las Vegas on New Years Eve 1998 (really married a bit after midnight, so Jan. 1., 1999), and I think 7 wonderful years of anything is a good enough reason to pile on the diamonds and celebrate!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Your new ring is gorgeous!
30.gif

I love how it looks with your eternity band!

It''s not too much bling at all.
2.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2005 7:43:26 PM
Author: Patty
Your new ring is gorgeous!
30.gif

I love how it looks with your eternity band!

It''s not too much bling at all.
2.gif

I agree -- it is a beatuiful ring! I love ovals. And, I bet you get used to the combined bling of the two rings pretty quickly! They are beautiful..

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! Glad you were able to post the pics. It''s gorgeous and HUGE. You are going to be distracting people from fireworks when you go out to celebrate tonight.
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, and it looks awesome with the eternity band. The others are right!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
Well, maybe you are all right about the Ering and the eternity band. I have them on right now (we''re on our way out the door--dinner reservation in 9 minutes!) and they do look rather snazzy together!

Happy new year to everyone!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
It certainly is gorgeous, Dee Jay....with or without the eternity band! Yum!
30.gif

(BTW...I''m IN LOVE with your doggy!
1.gif
)

widget

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is absolutely stunning!!! Thanks for going to all the trouble to post pictures for us (your dog is adorable too)!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
wow- that''s just fabulous.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!!! Your ring is a stunner! Ovals are sucha lovely and classic stone an that setting...Oh I am drooling!!!!!!! Your set is fantastic thanks for posting it!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could that ring look any bigger? What a stunner - congrats on the ring and the anniversary.

Happy New Year to you both and more pics in the morning, OK?

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I am loving this ring!

Tell me more about your search!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
WOW ! SO MANY DIAMONDS!

That is very pretty. Feel free to take more pics sometime and post them!!!! The more the better!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful rings and congratulations on your 7th wedding anniversary.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too much bling????? No such thing!!!!!!! Lovely rings!!!!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Bloody hell!

You will definitely light up the room with those on!

Enjoy in good health!

Blod
35.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza! That''s some bling you''ve got! It''s gorgeous!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Never too much bling for us at PS. It looks huge on your petite fingers!!!! More pics and details about your search?

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Congratulations! Enjoy it~!

I''m waiting for my own oval upgrade (maybe in another year)...
4.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I love your new oval ring! Congrats!

Heather

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it is stunning!!
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a rocik! Gorgeous stone and so massive on your tiny fingers! I love it - and it is like - KAPLOW! with your wedding band...so fabulous!!!!

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for all the nice comments!

My first e-ring was a pear, which I loved a lot, but the point kept catching on things (my middle name should be klutz!), so when I went looking for an upgrade ovals caught my eye. I admit they aren''t as brilliant as rounds, but I''m still very happy with my sparkly stone.

The search was different than I expected. I have a diamond guy that I just love and he''s produced three really lovely things for me already so I figured I would just get it from him, but when I called at the end of November and told him what I was looking for he never actually produced anything for me to look at. One day he did call and tell me to come over, and he had a 2 ct oval (which didn''t look any bigger than my 1.33 ct pear that I was upgrading from), a cushion cut (which was lovely, but not was I asked for), and a pink oval (Dee Jay... J-Lo... Maybe he got us confused?). I know December is a really busy time, but seriously! So in a fit of desperation I started the trek up and down Wabash. A few places had one or two stones in the range I was looking for, several had none but offered to have some brought in, but one store had a LOT of on-site inventory. It is a vendor that has not gotten the best reviews on this site, but I found that as soon as I exhibited some knowledge about diamonds I was treated with respect. (Thank you PS for making that possible!)

I did freak out momentarily after I got the GIA cert over the placement of the two inclusions, but I took the ring over the Chicago Gem Lab where I have all my pieces appraised, and was told that I have an absolutely beautiful stone and I could not possibly do anything that would result in damage related to the inclusions (of course I could do all sorts of other things, like trip and fall on the side walk on my way to work... ) and to stop worrying and go wear it! (She knows me far too well after all these years... ) So that was that!

I am indeed going to have it reset but I want to really look around and think it over carefully. Originally I was just going to have a new three basket setting made, but after looking at Pearlman''s site the other day I might go with a totally different style, and I really only want to have to do this once.

Thank you again for all the nice comments, and Widget and Sundial, my pooch appreciates the messages! The Demon Dog was a stray that we got from the pound and I could not have asked for a more fabulous and loving dog! (If only he didn''t hog up so much of the bed... )

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Now *that''s* an upgrade! Enjoy it in good health!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results