shape
carat
color
clarity

I need a wedding band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I just adore your e-ring.
Though sapphires are my fave, I too am going to vote no on sapphs in the WB.
That shot of blue on your e-ring is so distictive and unique, I don''t think you should detract from it.
I personally only wear one ring, so I think just wearing your gorgeous ring is a fine idea, but bandwise I like the thin, milgrained band with princess stones that others have suggested. :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much. I am so embarrassed that I just saw the latest posts. I guess I should have been looking out more! Those are all such great ideas. I do have time (luckily) so I think I need to look around more. Every store I have gone in (at least 10) do not have 2-3 mm channel set princess bands
33.gif
They are either too thick or have rounds (which I do not like in channel settings.)

SDL- you are so right! I basically want one of everthing that was posted!

Sarita- I really do need to look around more. Luckily I have started "planning" early. I just want it to be perfect.

Deco, you must have remembered my soft spot for kirk kara (I wonder if that guy ever bought that setting)

Diamondseeker2006- I quickly looked at KP. I really must go back and really look. I want to visit diamond''s direct too (since I have never been there) or really think I might just have WF make it since they do such beautiful work.

Singer-those are lovely bands but I think they will take away from my e-ring too much. Perfect RHRs though!

Kaleidoscopic- I do LOVE that band but agree it might be too much. Now had a diamond band on each side and it fwould be a great RHR

MrsFrk-I agree with you. I think the princess channel set is the way I will go
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the kirk kara Deco was suggesting:

643.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
I really, really like that Kirk Kara with your e-ring. The long sapphire baguettes echo the strips of sapphires in your ring. How many mms is it?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
What about something like this? It''s from SP.

4020.jpg

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
I am lovin'' that Kirk Kara!
emlove.gif
18.gif
emlove.gif

I love the classis lines! And I love diamonds and saph''s!

35.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2006 11:59:22 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Here is the kirk kara Deco was suggesting:

There just IS something about that ring that just seems to "click" for me with your e-ring.

I think it's the elegance of the rectangular sapphires that relates to the rectangular stone & "lines" of your e-ring ... PLUS ... the little hint of sparkle on the pave stones is also framed in a tiny vertical rectangle (so you don't really realize that they are "round" stones)

It's not "matchy-matchy" but it RELATES ... COMPLEMENTS maybe? Anyhoo ... I prefer one ring rather than flanking your e-ring (and will probably do the same for my "no ring to match" e-ring) Flanking seems to lessen the impact of the e-ring IMHO and sometimes STUNNING stones can just "get lost" in all the sparkles. I, personally, NEVER NEVER NEVER want that to happen
2.gif

ETA---If anyone with Photoshop happened to be inspired to demonstrate this sure to be killer combo with Tacori's e-ring ...the next round of e-cocktails is on me!!
31.gif

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori,
I couldn''t tell if your sidestones were rounds or princesses or whether they were bead set or channel set. So they are in fact channel set princess stones?
emotion-40.gif
I definitely agree that your wedding band(s) should not have sapphires in it (them). It will distract from your e-ring. I would go with a thin, matching channel set princess band with millgrain on the edges. That would be divine!!!!
30.gif

singer

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that the sapphire bands I posted are too busy for your e-ring, but aren''t they so fun!?!?! I want one now for my right hand
31.gif
11.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2006 6:22:19 PM
Author: singer
I agree that the sapphire bands I posted are too busy for your e-ring, but aren''t they so fun!?!?! I want one now for my right hand
31.gif
11.gif

They are very fun. The center section is princess diamonds channel set. The outside rows are bead set round diamonds. The sapphires are princess/square shaped channel (almost like a double channel, it is pretty thick metal) A complicated ring for a complicated girl I guess. People ask me all the time if it was custom because it is so unique.

Shiny42805

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/29/2006 3:59:39 PM
Author: singer
Now I know this is from Helzberg''s, but I think to of these (one on each side) for $199 a pop would look awesome! What do you think?
emwink.gif

I know you said that is from Helzberg, but I can''t find it on their site! I''d like to get a bigger pic to bring to my jeweler
1.gif

I looked at something similar in a B&M, and they wanted $500 for it!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote the Kirk Kara.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2006 12:15:06 AM
Author: EBree
I really, really like that Kirk Kara with your e-ring. The long sapphire baguettes echo the strips of sapphires in your ring. How many mms is it?

I am not sure. I e-mailed them (and asked for a local dealer because I feel I NEED to see it next to my e-ring) and they haven''t gotten back to me.
15.gif
I am sure they will soon. I''ll keep you updated. I would want to order it sans engraving if I did go with the kirk kara. Their website did say they do custom work.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori, I definitely think you should have sapphires in your wedding band, but then I''m biased. Here''s another Kirk Kara that I thought would look good with your e-ring.

6434sd.jpeg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay I e-mailed Kirk Kara TWICE and alas, no response either time, so okay....I did DRAG FI (kicking and screaming) to a local B&M (Diamonds Direct to any of you in Charlotte) and there selection is amazing huge. I asked for the princess channel set and I don''t know. It was thicker but I am not sure it did it for me. I saw a bead set eternity band (even though I said no e-bands
6.gif
) and it looked really good. Kind of matched the sides of my e-ring. It was my size
33.gif
maybe a sign and very thin, 2mm. It was .36 ct so the diamonds were just tiny flashes of light in PLT ($1925, is that a good price for VS G stones?) So I think that is what I am going to go with (something like it). The lady hated the idea of sapphires because she thought it would overpower my e-ring and as much as I LOVE that Kirk Kara I think she is right. Funny enough, FI tried on rings, because I knew I may never get him back into a jewelry store and he liked the bands with diamonds which really surprised me! They were very small, burnished stones in brushed WG. I thin he will probably change his mind. They are kind of impractical for him since he works with his hands and said no to the two band idea for him. Anyways, just thought I would update y''all.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sort of looked like this band.

r8858-wb_thumb.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about this one from SP. Only 1.5 mm wide (is that safe?) PLT .33 ct. only $811 (so much cheaper than the B&M)

14272.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
I really, really like the ring from SP and you can''t beat the price...you could have two AND money left over for the price of the band in the BM store.

27.gif
Now you''ve got me thinking about the SP band too. Though I don''t know if it''d work with my bead set e-ring.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2006 7:38:52 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
What about this one from SP. Only 1.5 mm wide (is that safe?) PLT .33 ct. only $811 (so much cheaper than the B&M)

i like this SP for second choice but the plain band best. for once, i''m feeling the ''less is more'' route!
41.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I think a plain band, and a second band, so you can interchange them. My feeling is, probably thinner rather than thick bands, that way your great e-ring isn''t overshadowed.
What about something like this? Here is the link: http://www.faycullen.com/rings/800/c425r3sd.html

band 400.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I like it!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I lived in NYC and could see all of these amazing bands in person...road trip anyone?
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love the Signed Pieces band. I think it will compliment your gorgeous e-ring perfectly!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I somehow missed these updates! Yes, I do not think the prices at Diamonds Direct are exactly discounted! I''d go with a SP band unless you want to get one from Tacori. Do they not have a slim one? I do like the slim diamond band best so it does not take away from that beautiful e-ring setting!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a couple questions about signed pieces, they say they have 30 day returns but has anyone actually returned anything? I would just want it to be hastle free if I hate it. Also they have it in 1.5mm and 2mm, which do you think would look better. I was thinking 2 would be safter (from bending). Also if a stone falls out do I just send it back to SP? I just think sometimes it seems easier buying from a local B&M for repairs and paying more....I don''t know...I love the band Ginger posted from leigh but I heard not so great things from them, but for $625!!! Last for those of you with an eternity band has your finger ever drastically changed size (not counting being prego. of course) the no re-sizes issue makes me nervous...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can return the SP rings hassle free. I would call Isaac with any questions you may have. He is the nicest person.
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ll tell you honestly, T, I wore my current rings for 29 years without resizing and even wore them through most of the pregnancies. But middle age has put a few pounds on my long time slim frame, and I just resized them up to 5 1/4 from 4 3/4. I think it is very, very risky to get full eternity for those very young. I was always so skinny and it never occurred to me that I wouldn''t always be! Lol!

Remember that KP could also make you a thin band with milgrain, or whatever, and those prices are good and the quality excellent. But I''d go with 2mm. I think smaller than that would look too flimsy to go with your e-ring. Even if you didn''t want engraving, I think something like milgrain edges would keep the band looking like the style of your e-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results