shape
carat
color
clarity

I need a wedding band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a Tacori setting that does not have a matching wedding band. I need ideas! The best band I have tried with it was a 3mm, channel set princess 1/2 eternity band. It matches the center section of the band, well it is wider but you get the idea. I would need to have them add milgraining. The things I really want, PLT, Milgraining, 1/2 eternity style, diamonds of course and between 2mm-3ishmm. I thought about the SP asscher band but it is rather wide and it seems like too much metal on the sides (how much can they shave down?) I have time but I need ideas. Any advice would be great. TIA. Here is a close up of my ring.

Tacori-e-ring_85.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also bought 2mm WG band from ebay (same as Mara''s wierd third ring, thanks Mara!) just for fun for my right hand so here it was it looks like stacked with my e-ring. I really do want diamonds, but this gives you a size referrence and maybe the idea of getting two (I am sure FI will love that!)

Tacori-e-ring_94.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
another view

Tacori-e-ring_97.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
a close-up. I really need to practice my camera skills. They are so blurry.

Tacori-e-ring_95.jpg

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Why don''t you go custom? That way you''ll get exactly what you want if you can''t find anything that you want as a wedding band!
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 10:00:34 PM
Author: princessv
Why don''t you go custom? That way you''ll get exactly what you want if you can''t find anything that you want as a wedding band!
2.gif

I was thinking that but the problem is I don''t KNOW exactly what I want. What do you think would look good with it?
(oops, maybe I posted this is the wrong forum)

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Hrm...I''m not sure since your setting shape is pretty unique but I think your wedding band should have a touch of blue sapphires in it too like your e-ring! (but thats JMO
31.gif
)

Well I do know that with Quest when I met with Pete he went over what he thought would look good setting wise and what wouldn''t work with my diamond. I''m meeting with him to do the real thing in less than a week!
32.gif
I think a good custom jeweler should be able to make good recommendations on what''ll go good with your setting.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did try on two 2mm sapphire e-bands and it looked really cool. I am just worried it looks too trendy less bridal. I just thought a diamond band would be more traditional. **sign** why couldn''t I have fallen in love with a set instead of a ring?
8.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a thin band with princess cuts and some sapphires would look great. Since your ring doesn''t have a matching band I was wondering if you asked the store that sold your FI the ring had any suggestions as to what other people do that have your ring?? Just a thought??
2.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I was trying to look for a picture but can''t seem to come up with one off the top of my head.

How about instead of all blue sapphire it alternates for every two diamonds one blue sapphire?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I really like the 2mm WG band with it! (I think I prefer just one instead of two due to the shape of your ring.) What I like is that it doesn't obstruct the beautiful side view of your e-ring. I'd make sure that your wedding band sits low so that you can still see the sapphires as they go up the side of your e-ring. It's so beautiful!

I must also say that you have gorgeous hands...wow!

This is the view that I love...

Tacori-e-ring_97.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to be unconventional here and say that your ring is best by itself. It is very unique and doesn''t need a band at all, IMO. If you are concerned that you may not always want to wear it and want strictly a wedding band, why not get one that is not intended to be worn with your engagement ring and don''t wear them together? Personally, I think your ring stands alone and can be both your wedding and engagement ring. You know I LOVE your e-ring. It''s one of my absolute favorites on this board because not only is the diamond beautiful, but it looks integral to the design of the ring.

It seems to me that the current styles of engagement rings often don''t seem to be designed for wearing a wedding band with them, unlike when I got married and everything was done in sets (not necesarrily for bride and groom to match, but definitely a wedding and engagement ring set for the bride).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 10:26:38 PM
Author: kaleigh
I think a thin band with princess cuts and some sapphires would look great. Since your ring doesn''t have a matching band I was wondering if you asked the store that sold your FI the ring had any suggestions as to what other people do that have your ring?? Just a thought??
2.gif

Do you think the SP asscher would look good or bad (seeing how I do not have them in my setting)? I wonder if they could make it thinner. They tried to sell me on another Tacori (bead set e-band) but I am not sure if that is the way I want to go. I know it is not a popular setting so I wonder if they have even sold another one.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 10:26:50 PM
Author: princessv
I was trying to look for a picture but can''t seem to come up with one off the top of my head.

How about instead of all blue sapphire it alternates for every two diamonds one blue sapphire?

I do like that idea (I do not like the 1 to 1 ratio. Too busy for my taste.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 10:35:55 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 1/8/2006 9:48:15 PM

I love your ring.. it looks beautiful with the bands.. SP has some beautiful princess cut eternity bands that would look lovely with your ring.. if you want to go with diamonds, that is.

I was thinking the same thing. I just needed guidence. I wish there was less metal on the sides though.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seeing that your ring doesn't have asschers in it, I don't think it would look right. I agree with lumpkin in that your ering is so great on it's own you don't need to have a wedding band. But if you want one I'd go with a thin band with princess cuts. ETA: another thought I had is a thin band of square cut sapphires. Could be very pretty with your ering. Best advice is go have fun and try on many different bands and see what works.
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 10:36:09 PM
Author: Patty
I really like the 2mm WG band with it! (I think I prefer just one instead of two due to the shape of your ring.) What I like is that it doesn''t obstruct the beautiful side view of your e-ring. I''d make sure that your wedding band sits low so that you can still see the sapphires as they go up the side of your e-ring. It''s so beautiful!

I must also say that you have gorgeous hands...wow!

This is the view that I love...

Tacori-e-ring_97.jpg

**blush** thank you patty. I actually have pretty small hands but I guess because my fingers are thin they look long. Believe it or not those are my real nails (in desperate need of a new pait job) All three rings together might be a bit overwhelming on my hand. I agree with getting a low sitting band.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 10:41:18 PM
Author: lumpkin
I'm going to be unconventional here and say that your ring is best by itself. It is very unique and doesn't need a band at all, IMO. If you are concerned that you may not always want to wear it and want strictly a wedding band, why not get one that is not intended to be worn with your engagement ring and don't wear them together? Personally, I think your ring stands alone and can be both your wedding and engagement ring. You know I LOVE your e-ring. It's one of my absolute favorites on this board because not only is the diamond beautiful, but it looks integral to the design of the ring.

It seems to me that the current styles of engagement rings often don't seem to be designed for wearing a wedding band with them, unlike when I got married and everything was done in sets (not necesarrily for bride and groom to match, but definitely a wedding and engagement ring set for the bride).

That is true. I do like that "stacked" idea (and keeping my right hand open of course for future projects
2.gif
) That is why I thought maybe going with a VERY thin band might be good. I just don't know. My ring was actually designed for a RB. I was nervous because we never saw it with an EC before it was made but I love it! I am glad you do too. Thank you.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 10:47:15 PM
Author: kaleigh
Seeing that your ring doesn''t have asschers in it, I don''t think it would look right. I agree with lumpkin in that your ering is so great on it''s own you don''t need to have a wedding band. But if you want one I''d go with a thin band with princess cuts. ETA: another thought I had is a thin band of square cut sapphires. Could be very pretty with your ering. Best advice is go have fun and try on many different bands and see what works.
2.gif

I thought maybe because of my EC but you are probably right. Any venders on here carry very thin bands like that ready made? (by the way that photo of your rings is AMAZING)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the thin plain band. It wouldn''t take away from your e-ring but shows your are married. The other thing that might be worth a try is a very thin eternity band like the Michael b wisps.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 11:17:33 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I like the thin plain band. It wouldn''t take away from your e-ring but shows your are married. The other thing that might be worth a try is a very thin eternity band like the Michael b wisps.

Do you have any pictures?

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I love that shot with the two plain bands around your e-ring! It''s just beautiful, you have a lovely manicure. I think I would just go with one plain band & not two. Or another option I would explore is having a wedding ring made to match your ering, with the sapphires in it as well. I think it would look killer with a complete match!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Tacori-

Here are the Michael B wisp bands that Mrs S was talking about- I think they are so beautiful- will look really nice because they are thin enough that it wont take away from your e-ring (especially the profile shot). Plus, pretty to wear alone without e-ring too!!! You could do one, or two! This pic is from the Pearlmans website....

dani5.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 5:15:41 AM
Author: Dani
Tacori-

Here are the Michael B wisp bands that Mrs S was talking about- I think they are so beautiful- will look really nice because they are thin enough that it wont take away from your e-ring (especially the profile shot). Plus, pretty to wear alone without e-ring too!!! You could do one, or two! This pic is from the Pearlmans website....
I agree, I think the wisps would look great!
Good Luck!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I gotta tell you, I like the plain thin band. I agree with Patty that from that view, it looks really great. I think it's elegant and it doesn't take the beauty or focus away from your gorgeous e-ring. I'm in the same boat as you with not having a engagement ring that will work with a wedding band. Unfortunately, I'm copping out and moving my e-ring to my right hand and getting an eternity band for my left.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I noticed that flanking either side of your row of sapphires is a strip of plat with milgrain detail, what about something like this in a super thin width.

MG9-5-ST-Angle1WG%5B1%5D.jpg

Bill Barnes

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldnt be so upset that your ring doesnt have a matching band... i had no desire for my matching band! Have you tried some of the other Tacori bands though?

I like the thin, low, plain bands with your ring. I also like the idea of the wisp bands, which are kinda like my w-band, only prong set versus bead set. Personally, i dont think you need a whole lot for a wedding band... I would still want my ering to be the star!

When i was looking, i went into every jewelry store i came across, just to look and see different stlyes. Eventually i came across a style i liked and then had it custom made to fit my ring exactly.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I agree wth Patty and Curlygrl. One thin band is great.

I think a princess channel set band would compete too much with your e-ring. Your e-ring is so pretty that I would want to keep it the center of attention. If you want to get the princess eternity band (or half eternity band) for the days you don''t wear your e-ring that would work too.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOO Tacori, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your er.... It is one of my FAVORITES!! As for bands, I know exactly how you feel. My new er didn''t have bands I tried everything. I had two matching bands made and soldered them for a complete ring. As for yours the plain bands look good but I think the diampnd bands may look even better. Like you I llike the three ring look for balance :)

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori Ering, your ring is stunning! It definitely could be a stand alone ring but if you want a wedding band, have you consider a very thin sapphire band? I think that would be gorgeous. I also like the MB band Dani suggested. When is your wedding date?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results