shape
carat
color
clarity

I need a wedding band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea of a very thin sapphire band. Even two of them (one flanking each side) would be pretty, I think... I LOVE SAPPHIRES!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori, i really like the 2 plain 2mm bands, those are fun aren't they?? I am still loving mine and wear it almost all the time now with my 2 bands.

I would vote for getting something custom with either diamonds or sapphires in each rnig, but not both in one ring. I think your e-ring is busy enough with 'details' and would not suggest adding 2 more visuals into the mix, just my two cents. I like the simplicity of those 2 plain bands for that very reason.

What about getting 4 custom bands made up, 2 with tiny diamonds for 2mm width like those MB bands and then 2 similar sapphire ones just for some color, then you can mix and match? I personally think going custom for a unique ring is the best way to go and makes you feel more like it IS a set later..kind of like what we did. Custom is also not always as expensive as people think and it may be cheaper even than going plain ole regular 'designer name'...my thoughts!!

But in the meantime I like the plain bands!
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 11:22:35 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Date: 1/8/2006 11:17:33 PM

Author: mrssalvo

I like the thin plain band. It wouldn''t take away from your e-ring but shows your are married. The other thing that might be worth a try is a very thin eternity band like the Michael b wisps.

Do you have any pictures?

I know Dani posted the thin bands. Here''s another example of how they look with a ring inbetween..

029PO13.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for your advice and compliments. You are all so sweet! I really do love my setting and it does not bother me that it does not have a matching band. I fingured a thin diamond band would blend in more than a thin PLT band. I don''t want to take away from the uniqueness of my band BUT I really, really do like the idea of a wedding band stacked. I can be swayed however. (my e-ring does fit nicely on my right hand...)

mrssalvo: I do like the Michael B bands but do you think it is odd to have the shared prong band with my ring? I guess I just mean that my setting does have a lot of metal edging so I was wonder what it would look like. They are beautiful though. They look great with the e-ring pictured.

Leila: my wedding isn''t until 8/12
9.gif
I guess I am just planning ahead. I would hate to rush to get something I didn''t love or didn''t look right with my setting.

Mara: for $25 a piece they are VERY fun! I never realized how thin a 2 mm band alone is until I got these and I have short fingers! Mine came in smaller than I requested too (didn''t yours?) So I wonder if my e-ring is the wrong size or if the bands are. You brought up a good point of keeping with the same stone (diamond or sapphire). I love bands that mix but they ARE busy and would take attention away from my e-ring. I mentioned before (maybe in a different thread) that I put a thin sapphire band on either side and it did look very cool but I wonder if it is TOO much. I should have taken a picture! I need Ana''s photoshop magic.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
SDL suggested this band. What does everyone think? Is it possible to be made 2mm or would the stones me impossible to work with?

05f.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
That one is VERY pretty!

I''d need to see it with your band, though, before I know for sure if I love it with yours.

Here is one I just saw and thought would be pretty with yours...

wed03A5.jpg

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I did this with my EC ring. The band has alternating round and ec stones in it and is 3 mm wide. For reference the center EC stone is 1.5 ct.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
Would have been nice if I attached the pic hey
23.gif

ecrng.jpg

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
How about something like this to work in the sapphires in- just a touch of blue and you had mentioned wanting milgraining.

Platinum band contains three princess cut sapphires, .20 carats total, and twelve bead-set diamonds, .25 carats total weight and G VS quality. Band has swirling design down shoulders and delicate design on sides. This is a copy of an art deco original and is available in all sizes. Band is also available with princess cut diamonds.

I am sure you could have it customized and not have the swirling design on the shoulders and sides if you didn''t like it.

sapphire diamond band.jpg

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Also here is a slim 2mm diamond band. While I love stacked rings, I don''t know if your e-ring really needs more than 1 wedding band.
I personally really wanted a w-band that I could wear alone, and didn''t want to get something made to fit with my ring, but I know it''s tough to find something that will complement and not compete with your e-ring.

slim diamond band.jpg

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo dtnyc! Thats what I had in mind when I suggested a touch of blue but couldn''t find any pictures
2.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have a 2.1mm channel set wedding ring, and it''s VERY skinny.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
DTNYC-That would be perfect. Make it with some baquettes and mix it up a bit with diamonds and sapphires and it would be perfect
19.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
dtnyc, Where is this ring from? I love it! It looks just like what my niece is looking for.

slim%20diamond%20band.jpg

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
it''s from www.antiqueengagementrings.com - it''s the Narrow Bead-Set Wedding Band on the first page of the Classic Recreations page.
I must confess right now I am huge fan of Leigh, as last night fiance and I bought our wedding bands from him and when I saw Tacori''s ring I thought hmmmm- what would work for her?
Leigh Jay Nacht makes all of the replica bands and mountings on the site, and he would probably be willing to tweak them as needed/requested.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
There have been some negative reviews of that site I think recently, two people had some horrible experiences from what I can recall. I used to love drooling over their stuff but after reading those I was glad I hadn''t worked with them at all, a shame because they do have lovely stuff but not sure that the service and quality is there? Their prices are so low!

Tacori...I still love my original idea! 4 rings, 2 2mm diamond and 2 2mm sapphire and you can mix it up and make it ''too much'' with all the sapphires when you want and make it ''classic'' with the diamonds other times. You could go custom and do milgraining to match your e-ring as well. I love custom!! It''s very hard for me to consider existing ring settings now that custom is so easy and affordable compared to some designers.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.8mm / $600

band_sapphire_1.6mm.jpg

and $650

Band_1x1_Sapp1.8mm.jpg

As tiny as these are, what can go wrong? I can''t remember who has a similar designer thing with yellow sapphire (AGBF?).

These come from HERE

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tacori E-ring!

I think your ring is delicious!
18.gif
I love how unique your ring is. It is definately not Random!
9.gif

My eyes are fixated on your ring, I think because it is center of attention! I think your ring makes a statement as is! Depending on the particular setting, sometimes I think ... "Less is more." In Europe most women do not have two rings to represent that they are married. Most of them just wear one band, usually a wider band with a diamond, again ... one band making a statement that you are very much loved and taken.

If you really want the two ring look, I can certainly understand.
30.gif
With such a beautiful ring, I would go custom, yet keep it as simple as possible. The idea that you already mentioned, Plat ... 1/2 eternity style, milgrain to match your ring that you have now, and diamonds.

I would either go with the same size or close to the same size of either the Princess cut diamonds that go down the center of your ring, or go with the rounds. I think if you went with the rounds, it would blend in more nicely, since the band would be made to sit flushly against your ring, and sitting right next to the rounds on your ering. However you go, I wish you much happiness!

Have a great day!
35.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2006 8:42:53 PM
Author: dtnyc
How about something like this to work in the sapphires in- just a touch of blue and you had mentioned wanting milgraining.

I LOVE this band but I keep thinking about what Mara is saying about it being busy with both diamonds and sapphires paired with my busy e-ring.

Mara-I would LOVE to get 4 bands but I think I will have to hold out for awhile anyways. 2 is the maxed I probably could squeeze out of him. I''ll just have to get the sapphires later!

Patty-I do love that sapphire band. I prefer channel set bands with square shaped stones (I do not like the spaces rounds make)

WTNLVR-beautiful set. It works perfectly.

valeria101-if the all sapphire band was princess instead of rounds I would have that band in a heartbeat. It is so pretty.

Mrs Darlin Joy-thank you for your compliments. I think I probably will go custom. I probably will contact WF and have them make me an amazing band because I love their work. Unless there is another vender that specializes in bands.

I knew I could count on all of you to come up with some great ideas. Thank you!!!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori,

Found your thread. I think you have a lot of nice options. I am partial to incorporating sapphires in the wedding band, because I see that as one of the most unique things about your ring. (plus in the e-ring they are just a subtle adornment leaving room to coordinate). I like the diamond bands too (mssalvo - I LOVE that set you posted), but I see them looking maybe "too much" next to your ornate ring unless very simple. The first one DTNYC posted looks like the best match with your e-ring but together I think it would overwhelm the beautiful EC. I think the thin rb sapphire/diamond band valeria posted is nice but I agree it would be best in princess cuts.

You have plenty of time - and shopping is fun. Everyone has given you great ideas.
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Tacori,

I missed this when you first posted. I really feel that a thin diamond band like the princess cut with milgrain is the way to go. It needs the milgrain to stay in the same style as the e-ring. As much as I adore sapphires, mixing them in with the diamonds in combination with your e-ring would just be a little too much, I think. You can''t go wrong with the thin milgrain channel set band (with whatever shape diamonds look best with the e-ring). You want something compatible that does not take away from the beautiful e-ring. And I do also agree that the current ring could certainly stand alone as e-ring and w-ring as well.

Did you try on any of the milgrain thin bands at KP? How did they look?

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Just a thought...

ring47590.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Or....

ring87504.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Or....

ring13245.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
This one might look cool...

ring698462.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Now I know this is from Helzberg''s, but I think to of these (one on each side) for $199 a pop would look awesome! What do you think?
emwink.gif

ringhelz12.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about that awesome Kirk Kara sapphire/diamond band ... just one though?

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2006 3:59:39 PM
Author: singer
Now I know this is from Helzberg''s, but I think to of these (one on each side) for $199 a pop would look awesome! What do you think?
emwink.gif
I can''t believe I spelled "two" wrong. I was just typing so fast that I missed the "w." How embarrassing!
emotion-41.gif

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Okay....one more. Can you tell I''m really bored? I think this one would look really good with your ring, Tacori!

ring95832.jpg

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I'm a little late I see, but.....I like this look the most if you are going to use the sapphires. This look however, may take some of the attention away form your e-ring.

sapphire%20diamond%20band.jpg

Don't you sometimes wish that you can just wear the e-ring and that's all? I'm having the same problem with my e-ring now - to find a wedding band that doesn't overpower my e-ring. If you really don't want to take any attetion off you ring and want to use some kind of a band for symbolic purpose, than I like the thin 2mm diamond band. I like it over the plain gold/platium band b/c IMO it blends better with the ring by adding some extra sparkle to the setting, yet it is so simplistic that it will not steal the attention form your setting. This way if you ever want to look like you are just wearing your e-ring. you can put a 2mm on.

I don't really like haveing two 2mm bands on top and bottom with your e-ring. It makes it look less eligant and less delicate.

You may also want to look for wedding bands that are set higher so that it will be on a similar hight level to your e-setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results