shape
carat
color
clarity

I know it''s not a ring but...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
$680? They are really beautiful. Oh man now I want some!! Even though....

I'll fess up on why I was never quite sold on the diamond hoop earrings since you asked for honest opinions. My girfriend has some that are about 3 carats total probably, they are absolutely beautiful and they look fabulous on her. They are more channel set than prong, so it's a slightly different look. She wears them extremely well with anything she has on. She also has a diamond nose ring and is a very beautiful blonde.

SO, I got some fakies that look just like yours but don't join together in the very back (so kind of like an open hoop) because I loved hers so much and wanted to see how I liked them, and when I put them on I realized I absolutely don't *love* the look of them on me!! I don't know why but they just don't look the same as on my friend. They look like I am trying too hard or something. Maybe I am not fabulous looking enough to go with the earrings?!
39.gif
I feel like they are super bling bling and whereas with my small pendant it kind of hides and winks, these things just throw themselves out there. Now no one could say my e/w rings are shy...but for whatever reason having bling on my hand seems to not be quite so bad as on the ears.

So when I was talking about those BN ones, I thought well maybe slightly smaller or less ctw would be okay, but in the end I just didn't want to take the chance I wouldn't really love them, esp when I have tested them out already in another form and didn't like them after all. Honeslty I hardly ever wear the fakes even though when I did I got lots of compliments. I just never felt it.

So that said, I'm curious as to why you are not totally sold on yours? Anything in my comments sound similar?

OH and I LOVE them as wedding bands! I would totally have them adapted into right hand rings especially at that stellar price!!!

slammie

Shiny_Rock
KLO?? =) LoL!! 680?? that''s amazing...so have you decided if you''re keeping them or not?

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara,
I think that I am not completely sold on them because they are a little too wide, I would have prefered something a bit thinner and perhaps more pave set, otherwise, I think they are pretty good.
Also, I think I should have gotten slightly longer ones. Like about one inch.
As far as the bling, I did buy a pair of fakie ones from QVC last month, but they were huge, about as thin as these, but double the size, and although I liked them, those I would have to say were much too big and bling for my ears.
I wound up returning the fakie ones.

I actually bought these because the guy was asking more money for them originally and as I walked around the booths a few times trying on different pairs, he kept lowering the price. I picked three different ones from three different booths and I kept walking back across the exchange to see which ones I liked best.

Finally, the guy said to me he would give me a great price on the earrings, and cut the price by $230(originally wanted $950), so I bought them.

He did have another pair that was even less, but I thought carat wise, I should get these. Those were thinner, the prongs were set different, and about one inch.
Being as picky as I am, I examined the diamonds on both sets and thought these were the best.
The diamonds are extremely clear, the earrings are perfect circles, and the prong work is perfect.
The only other pair I would have liked to buy was a set at another booth.
They were .60ctw, about 1 inch, each diamond was set with four prongs and they were $510.
If I decide to get a different pair, those would be the ones I would buy instead.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
KLO!!!!! $680 would be the deal of the century for moi
31.gif
I must say again, they are beautiful and look SUPER on you! Sometimes I''ll see someone with diamond hoops on and not like them because they are either too large, or the stones just aren''t pretty. So.....KLO......my vote is they look great on you and if you don''t keep them.....I have PAYPAL
11.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
Those are beautiful!! I almost bought a pair similar to those..but I didn''t get them because as usual I talked myself out of them
20.gif
They look wonderful on you!! I would absolutely keep them!
16.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI guys,
I just wanted to let you guys know that I decided to exchange the earrings today. Unfortunately, the booth wouldn''t let me return the earrings, only do an exchange, but the earrings I wanted where located at another booth.

So, I exchanged the hoops for a diamond pave bangle bracelet.
It has .88 ctw. RB ( 2 points each), 44 diamonds in total. It has diamonds only on one side of the bangle. It is oval shaped. I thought that the bangle might be too big for my wrist, but when I asked another customer, she said she thought it was perfect. She was buying a ring.

They gave me an even exchange on the bracelet, so I didn''t have to pay extra money.

I went back to the booth where I saw the second pair that I liked and the woman still had them. They were .60ctw. of diamonds, pave set, not split prong set, thinner and about 1 inch long.

The great thing is that the lady completely forgot the price she told me and actually gave them to me for less money.
2.gif

I think the earrings I have now match my butterfly pendant so much better!!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2004 10:28:39 PM
Author: kayla17
HI guys,
I just wanted to let you guys know that I decided to exchange the earrings today. Unfortunately, the booth wouldn''t let me return the earrings, only do an exchange, but the earrings I wanted where located at another booth.

So, I exchanged the hoops for a diamond pave bangle bracelet.
It has .88 ctw. RB ( 2 points each), 44 diamonds in total. It has diamonds only on one side of the bangle. It is oval shaped. I thought that the bangle might be too big for my wrist, but when I asked another customer, she said she thought it was perfect. She was buying a ring.

They gave me an even exchange on the bracelet, so I didn''t have to pay extra money.

I went back to the booth where I saw the second pair that I liked and the woman still had them. They were .60ctw. of diamonds, pave set, not split prong set, thinner and about 1 inch long.

The great thing is that the lady completely forgot the price she told me and actually gave them to me for less money.
2.gif

I think the earrings I have now match my butterfly pendant so much better!!
A gal after my own heart. Congrats!
1.gif

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
They are stunning.
Keep ''em

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Umm pictures of the new goods?! I want to see these other earrings!!
31.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Good for you Kayla- now let''s see the new bangle and earrings.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Kayla, I have a similar bangle and I wear it all the time. I always get compliments on it. it''s great because it goes with everything from casual stuff to more formal wear. Show us pictures!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, here are some pictures.

This is the two of them together.

126_2656 (2).JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
close up of the earrings.

I calculated each diamond to be about 1 point, so they are pretty tiny.

126_2659 (2).JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bracelet on my hand. I actually wanted something even thinner, but this is pretty thin and set similar to the Ritani set.

126_2647 (2).JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
6.gif

kayla, very nice! we have to start calling you diamond lil!
36.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Together again...

126_2655 (2).JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was hard to get the detail since these pictures were taken at night, but you can see it here. You can definitely that there is a difference in the way the diamonds are set.

126_2685 (2).JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The full bracelet. It looks like JFlo''s, but thinner.

126_2651 (2).JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
one more on me, again, I cut out my eyes.

126_2680 (2).JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Kayla- You''re right! You are a brat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
31.gif
31.gif

I love them. They look beautiful. I''m coming up to NJ- that settles it.
30.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, LOVE that bangle!
And you, Kayla, are ADOREABLE!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Very beautifu bracelet--I really love it.
30.gif
And my diamond hoops are done like your new ones--they definitely have a different look than the original pair you had. Of course, I love them! Everything works so well and looks great on you.
1.gif

You have to get a wrist/hand shot with the bangle when your ring comes back!
3.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful bangle and beautiful earrings, Kayla. Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results