shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just have to share somewhere...I'll be sharing all over my personal pages once its all healed and such. Here's the next installment of my coverup. :D
1601150772318.png
One more session and it'll be done. Here's the before of the same area:
1601150949697.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to get baked beans in my pick up order. Okay, Instacart reminded me I had a big discount with them on my next order. Marco has been shopping for 5 items for nearly an hour. Seriously. This would have been 10 minutes for me in the store!

Baked beans, pickles, 1 package TP, buttery sticks, slice of cake. Pickles & buttery are in same aisle directly across from each other. TP is obvious and right next to the bakery. All items had substitutions pre-approved.

What is he doing in there!?! I am not in a rush. Just fascinated it could take so long!

@TooPatient The shoppers for Instacart sometimes shop for other people that are in the same area as you. I had that happen once...I usually have large orders so they just do mine. When I saw that they were taking forever to get the items I worried that they were probably shopping for someone else in addition to mine. I was right. I hoped that they wouldn’t mix up the orders..but I wound up getting a loaf of bread and tortillas that I didn’t order. I alerted them but no one came to pick them up.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coconut milk ice cream is very high in saturated fat. My cholesterol has increased since I started eating it daily.

I don't think Jimmy ships his ice cream. He does local delivery and that is it. I will ask him for you next time we see him if we would be willing to. I doubt it though as it would be difficult. He is a one man operation basically and during the week it is just him. Especially now that summer is over he only has help on the weekends.

I believe ice cream is good for the soul. :)

"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy ice cream and that is pretty much the same thing."

Almost forgot. Our ICOTD. (Ice Cream of the Day).

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 4.23.39 PM.png

On the left PB swirl (vegan) and on the right Apple Pie and Vanilla. Both vegan. Yummmmmm. :lickout:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Talk to your vet and see if you should do even earlier. My anxious guy gets a couple of pills the night before and then again an hour before his appointment. The extra dose the evening before helps him be mellow to begin with. The day I had an unexpected visit, they worked far less well than the usual night before then hour before appointment.

Great idea, thank you!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roudy party :lol:
Okay, mostly chilled almost entirely masked outdoor bbq where I was the youngest person present....
Security did have to show up twice, but only once was for a good reason :D:devil::lol:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today would have been my daughter's wedding day. I know she's been upset lately, but they decided to have their engagement photos done today. She's out doing them now. It was a hectic day of makeup and hair done by my youngest. We couldn't go, which is fine. They are able to social distance with the photographer, who is their wedding photographer. Who could have ever imagined this a year ago? At least they could find a positive. And if the virus is just as bad next year, they'll get married anyway, what the heck.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just have to share somewhere...I'll be sharing all over my personal pages once its all healed and such. Here's the next installment of my coverup. :D
1601150772318.png
One more session and it'll be done. Here's the before of the same area:
1601150949697.png

What a transformation!!! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today would have been my daughter's wedding day. I know she's been upset lately, but they decided to have their engagement photos done today. She's out doing them now. It was a hectic day of makeup and hair done by my youngest. We couldn't go, which is fine. They are able to social distance with the photographer, who is their wedding photographer. Who could have ever imagined this a year ago? At least they could find a positive. And if the virus is just as bad next year, they'll get married anyway, what the heck.

Dearest Lyra: such an emotional day. I wish you and your DH could have been there. I am certain your daughter was radiant!!. Thank you for sharing this positive update! Take care of each other!!!

cheers--Sharon

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They got quick proofs of some pictures back. The last one of the session was them wearing their masks, standing 6ft apart. I didn't think I'd like that type of pic, but it was really cute and funny.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
They got quick proofs of some pictures back. The last one of the session was them wearing their masks, standing 6ft apart. I didn't think I'd like that type of pic, but it was really cute and funny.

@lyra I’m happy they were able to have fun with what must be a hard time for them.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I made dinner while carrying a 23 kg seven year old because he wanted a cuddle (only for about 10 minutes to preserve my back).

It made me think of when he was a newborn and I had to wear him while cooking dinner. I cried as a cooked and wore him because life was never going to be the same again and I was so depressed by the prospect of having a wailing baby to carry around.

I wish the me now could tell the me 7 years ago to relax and just enjoy the baby.

We had a laugh as he gave me kisses in repayment for being carried. I told him about my bawling seven years ago.

He said with a wicked laugh: You were right to cry! You never did escape from carrying that baby.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
...I really wish the moderators would allow political threads once again. Boy, do I miss reading them...especially after the debate...and so close to the election...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One step at a time...
Exterior painter here Monday. I need to strip as much of the house as I can and prime so he can get the rest done quickly to beat the rain.
15 days to finish packing almost everything in the house before movers come to take it to storage.

I set goal to have the house on the market by November 1.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
The thread about that beautiful century home reminded me that I didn’t update on the lake property search.

Our offer was accepted and now we’re scrambling to stage our house.

Refresher: I grew up on the northern end of Ontario cottage country. I moved to the Toronto area for school, got married, and now live about 45 minutes outside of the city (we couldn’t afford to live in the city proper). Now with covid, people are flocking to my area. House prices are up more than 25% in a few months because a townhouse here is priced similarly to a condo in the city.

We saw an opportunity to cash out and buy a lake property in the area where I grew up. Unfortunately the market for lake properties is also going a bit crazy so it took some time to find the right place (we wanted to make it a fairly even trade price wise).

We did it! We found a gorgeous 3 acre property on a popular lake. It also features a custom home built by an award winning builder. It is beautiful, but at only 1700 square feet it didn’t appeal to the rich folk as a cottage (Margaret Atwood summered on this lake this summer, it is a bit of a destination for well known people looking for seclusion).

The layout of the house is fabulous and the quality of the builder really shines through. It is slightly smaller than our current home, but we’ll deal with it for the beauty.

Plus I want to build a yurt!

The land needs a bit of TLC because the owner’s husband recently passed away. The picture below is the private bay at the end of the property.

6AB91A45-444E-4020-A6C4-BBB047CB47DD.jpeg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The thread about that beautiful century home reminded me that I didn’t update on the lake property search.

Refresher: I grew up on the northern end of Ontario cottage country. I moved to the Toronto area for school, got married, and now live about 45 minutes outside of the city (we couldn’t afford to live in the city proper). Now with covid, people are flocking to my area. House prices are up more than 25% in a few months because a townhouse here is priced similarly to a condo in the city.

We saw an opportunity to cash out and buy a lake property in the area where I grew up. Unfortunately the market for lake properties is also going a bit crazy so it took some time to find the right place (we wanted to make it a fairly even trade price wise).

We did it! We found a gorgeous 3 acre property on a popular lake. It also features a custom home built by an award winning builder. It is beautiful, but at only 1700 square feet it didn’t appeal to the rich folk as a cottage (Margaret Atwood summered on this lake this summer, it is a bit of a destination for well known people looking for seclusion).

The layout of the house is fabulous and the quality of the builder really shines through. It is slightly smaller than our current home, but we’ll deal with it for the beauty.

Congratulations @chemgirl !!! Wishing you much success and great happiness in your new home ❤️

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chemgirl , Wow!!! That view is spectacular. You can always make changes or update a home. I would have purchased your new home for the view. I’m so happy for you.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock

The land needs a bit of TLC because the owner’s husband recently passed away. The picture below is the private bay at the end of the property.

6AB91A45-444E-4020-A6C4-BBB047CB47DD.jpeg

It is beautiful! Hope you love fishing and eating fish as much as I do.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I were walking our doggie this morning and met our granddaughter and her parents. Happy occasion! :D

My husband got his haircut #12 or so at home since the lockdown started. He will require another one in 3 weeks. I had my last haircut 1 year ago ;( Wearing a ponytail is fine with me, but I really hate waking up to messy hair, it is the longest now that I ever had in my life :((
120527811_699164684330062_4916183075598305986_n.jpg 120602534_261642908430349_1160966143374438046_n (1).jpg

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm getting ready to buy a new car....looking at getting a Subaru. I may end up doing this all online, which it totally CRAZY. I test drove the one I wanted Forester, going for the Premium, want cloth seats, moon/sunroof. :D

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband and I were walking our doggie this morning and met our granddaughter and her parents. Happy occasion! :D

My husband got his haircut #12 or so at home since the lockdown started. He will require another one in 3 weeks. I had my last haircut 1 year ago ;( Wearing a ponytail is fine with me, but I really hate waking up to messy hair, it is the longest now that I ever had in my life :((
120527811_699164684330062_4916183075598305986_n.jpg 120602534_261642908430349_1160966143374438046_n (1).jpg

That GIANT hat - oh she's darling @Musia!! :love: ::)

I hear you on hair care these days :???: My issue is dye - for some reason the henna that I've used without any problems for six years has started to irritate my skin. I called in to ask if they'd changed the formula, and was informed that absolutely nothing has been altered, so it must be me ;( And now I'm wondering what other products might start making me uncomfortable for no perceptible reason!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
That GIANT hat - oh she's darling @Musia!! :love: ::)

I hear you on hair care these days :???: My issue is dye - for some reason the henna that I've used without any problems for six years has started to irritate my skin. I called in to ask if they'd changed the formula, and was informed that absolutely nothing has been altered, so it must be me ;( And now I'm wondering what other products might start making me uncomfortable for no perceptible reason!

Thank you! She loves big hats and big shoes! I stopped dying my hair several years ago, I am lazy and have lost my enthusiasm...Hope you find what works for you very soon, young girls like you should be always happy with their hair :kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! She loves big hats and big shoes! I stopped dying my hair several years ago, I am lazy and have lost my enthusiasm...Hope you find what works for you very soon, young girls like you should be always happy with their hair :kiss2:

Not that young I'm afraid :halo: Fortunately for my ego my husband is a much better liar than my mirrors :lol:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm getting ready to buy a new car....looking at getting a Subaru. I may end up doing this all online, which it totally CRAZY. I test drove the one I wanted Forester, going for the Premium, want cloth seats, moon/sunroof. :D

Woot new car!

It’s so strange how much of our lives have switched to online. We’re picking out counters virtually next week and it’s really throwing me off.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh good luck! Cannot wait to see what you choose.

We just bought a car and might pick it up tonight. Woohoo. Love the smell of new cars.

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 7.07.22 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woot new car!

It’s so strange how much of our lives have switched to online. We’re picking out counters virtually next week and it’s really throwing me off.

It's hard to do that online. I love to feel them and see them up close in person and choose the specific slabs. Good luck @chemgirl.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Adorable. :kiss2:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Woot new car!

It is totally crazy doing the majority of this online. I am getting a Forester, I actually test drove back in January/February and loved it. I never thought I'd like something as much as my Equinox. :D The one I've picked out is white w/gray interior, but it won't be in town till the 26th, so I'll have to wait at least that long. :D

Oh good luck! Cannot wait to see what you choose.

We just bought a car and might pick it up tonight. Woohoo. Love the smell of new cars.

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 7.07.22 AM.png

:D :D Nice!!!! I've already picked it out: Forester! It was just trying to remember if it was the Limited or the Premium....I get those two confused. Essentially, I don't want leather because in the desert the leather gets very hot in the summer and I prefer cloth. :D But it has a moon/sun roof and all the other fancy stuff. :D

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pest control on the way. Two of our dogs have had yellow jackets crawling on them in the last week :shock:
Hoping the guy can find the nest. Poor dogs do NOT like the bees!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results