carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's great work @TooPatient .

FSIL is going back to school online in hopes of getting a certificate that will help him find a job. Hope it works out. It is all online right now. Fingers crossed. Jobs are impossible to find right now without years of experience in any field. Then he gets turned down for having too much education for p/t jobs.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

FSIL is going back to school online in hopes of getting a certificate that will help him find a job. Hope it works out. It is all online right now. Fingers crossed. Jobs are impossible to find right now without years of experience in any field. Then he gets turned down for having too much education for p/t jobs.

That is great for him! One bit of advice I would offer is take the section that is officially online rather than the standard section that happens to be online due to the virus. I paid a little extra $$ for each class to do this. The difference is that the online section is taught by people who always teach online and have great tools for it. The standard moved virtual as re taught by the in person teachers who don't know how to use the online system as well and are trying to adjust to something other than standard lecture class. Much easier when it is an experienced online instructor!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Of course you did @missy You’re such a good honest person. I love his mother’s reaction! :lol:

If I ever lost my wallet or purse - I'd want you and Greg to find it! Though I NEVER want to lose mine - worst nightmare! Yall are the most honest peeps! And we would have done the same too.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal , What did you decide on the car? Was it a pretty easy decision?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got all 3 certificates from GIA woohoo. Diamond Essentials, Jewelry Essentials and Colored Gemstone Essentials.Thank you again @pearaffair for letting us know about those free GIA courses.

If I ever lost my wallet or purse - I'd want you and Greg to find it! Though I NEVER want to lose mine - worst nightmare! Yall are the most honest peeps! And we would have done the same too.

Thank you sweet @bling_dream19 and same to you. I know without a doubt you guys would return anything you found no matter how valuable it was. All I could think was that poor man must be worried sick losing all his cards and money. And LOL he hadn't even realized. :lol: All's well that ends well!

Good luck to your FSIL @lyra!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
You are awesome! Congratulations on your GIA certifications! Now my friend can be my personal jewelry professional?!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are awesome! Congratulations on your GIA certifications! Now my friend can be my personal jewelry professional?!

Thank you sweet @bling_dream19! It was very easy though and I am confident anyone here could pass these courses without any difficulty. If they offer them again for free I will let you know!

And of course I am here for you at your beck and call any time if you need my bling expertise (aka enabling). :lol:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thank you sweet @bling_dream19! It was very easy though and I am confident anyone here could pass these courses without any difficulty. If they offer them again for free I will let you know!

And of course I am here for you at your beck and call any time if you need my bling expertise (aka enabling). :lol:

Yes please let me know! You put forth the effort and you got the certs! You go girl! You know I love your bling expertise :kiss2: :love: and enabling :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal , What did you decide on the car? Was it a pretty easy decision?

Yes, CC, insofaras the decision was made for me....LOL I had very input this go around.. DH saw something he liked and I tagged along (actually, went under duress as he knows my feelings on vehicle shopping LOL:P2).. At any rate, he bought what he wanted and I am not "unhappy" despite the fact I would have been settled to be a one vehicle household (we are still two or three if you count my DS's car....). This is the first time in 27 years we have not had an SUV! Thanks for asking.

How is your Creed supply??

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, worried sick. Last night, right before bed, we noticed Oliver was limping. Poor Oliver. It never ends with him. So we put him in his playpen hopefully to keep him from jumping around. He doesn't seem to be in pain. But he cannot put weight on his paw. Every vet here insists on a rabies vaccination before examination. I do not want to give him the rabies vaccine due to cancer risk with the vaccine and in fact some PSers have experienced that sadly :(

This AM he ate (thank goodness) but still cannot put weight on his foot.

Praying he heals and gets better without medical intervention. And to make matters more challenging this is my sister's first vacation since last year. And she is away with her family. So unable to get her expertise or bring Oliver in to see her. And her office is a mess. Lots of changes and issues so I don't feel comfortable bringing Oliver there either (forget the 3 hour drive each way). Please, universe, let Oliver be OK.

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
I got all 3 certificates from GIA woohoo. Diamond Essentials, Jewelry Essentials and Colored Gemstone Essentials.Thank you again @pearaffair for letting us know about those free GIA courses.

Thank you sweet @bling_dream19 and same to you. I know without a doubt you guys would return anything you found no matter how valuable it was. All I could think was that poor man must be worried sick losing all his cards and money. And LOL he hadn't even realized. :lol: All's well that ends well!

Good luck to your FSIL @lyra!

Hey Missy,

Beyond increasing your personal knowledge / for enjoyment, are those certificates of any use in the US? It’s great that they sometimes offer them free of charge!

Thanks,
Adele

PS I hope your furry friend is ok!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Missy,

Beyond increasing your personal knowledge / for enjoyment, are those certificates of any use in the US? It’s great that they sometimes offer them free of charge!

Thanks,
Adele

I don’t know Adele. I just took the classes for my own enjoyment and to learn something new. I would guess if one wanted to work in a jewelry store having these could only help.

I agree it’s wonderful that GIA offered them at no charge!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal , I’m glad your husband found his new car and that you like it too. LOL on the you tagged along comment. Were you surprised he decided to get a car?

Two major things have gone wrong with DH’s SUV in the past 6 months. Nothing says excitement like having the headrest explode while driving 60 miles an hour on an expressway. It sounded like someone fired a gun in the SUV. We will be starting the car search soon. He’s had SUV’s for 20 years and is considering getting a car.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have spent HOURS (like LOTS OF HOURS) working on my bitmoji classroom. Now at first I did it because they were cute and it was a bit of a creative outlet. I used it for a welcome slide show, but then was like...what do I do with it now? This week I wanted the kids to watch videos and do some assignments, but wasn't sure how to put them all into Google Classroom in a cohesive way. So, enter the bitmoji classroom! :D Super stoked about this!!!! I recorded two video lectures, those are embedded into the classroom, embedded four other videos, added a hyperlink to the google form, included links to the other slides in the presentation. At this point, it is sitting in my Google Classroom scheduled to post on Monday! I'm super stoked!
1597552836003.png

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, worried sick. Last night, right before bed, we noticed Oliver was limping. Poor Oliver. It never ends with him. So we put him in his playpen hopefully to keep him from jumping around. He doesn't seem to be in pain. But he cannot put weight on his paw. Every vet here insists on a rabies vaccination before examination. I do not want to give him the rabies vaccine due to cancer risk with the vaccine and in fact some PSers have experienced that sadly :(

This AM he ate (thank goodness) but still cannot put weight on his foot.

Praying he heals and gets better without medical intervention. And to make matters more challenging this is my sister's first vacation since last year. And she is away with her family. So unable to get her expertise or bring Oliver in to see her. And her office is a mess. Lots of changes and issues so I don't feel comfortable bringing Oliver there either (forget the 3 hour drive each way). Please, universe, let Oliver be OK.

@missy how is Oliver today?

If it helps at all, I was uncomfortable with the rabies vaccine too. After speaking with my vet, she addressed my concerns and we went ahead with them. They give the vaccines in the hind leg rather than between the shoulders. She had never seen cancer there (unlike before where cancer masses between the shoulders did happen) but still chooses to administer there because if a mass develops, you can remove the leg if it comes to that. She said a change had been made to remove an ingredient that caused issues but she still does it that way just to be extra safe.

I'm not trying to convince you either direction. Just sharing the questions I asked and passing on so you have additional information as you decide what is right for Oliver with his paw.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
So, it turns out being insecure isn’t just a trait of PreRaphaelites.
It was also a trait of Raphael himself.
lol

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal , I’m glad your husband found his new car and that you like it too. LOL on the you tagged along comment. Were you surprised he decided to get a car?

Two major things have gone wrong with DH’s SUV in the past 6 months. Nothing says excitement like having the headrest explode while driving 60 miles an hour on an expressway. It sounded like someone fired a gun in the SUV. We will be starting the car search soon. He’s had SUV’s for 20 years and is considering getting a car.

How awful! I would be traumatized!!!!!!!!!!!! The new car has a hatchback. For him, that made it a lot easier to decide. In our climate SUV makes a difference, but most cars (now) have 4X wheel drive and we have winter tires. Part of us both believed we no longer needed a big vehicle. But it was difficult to let go of a family member. Longest time we've ever owned a vehicle.

Good luck on your search!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy how is Oliver today?

If it helps at all, I was uncomfortable with the rabies vaccine too. After speaking with my vet, she addressed my concerns and we went ahead with them. They give the vaccines in the hind leg rather than between the shoulders. She had never seen cancer there (unlike before where cancer masses between the shoulders did happen) but still chooses to administer there because if a mass develops, you can remove the leg if it comes to that. She said a change had been made to remove an ingredient that caused issues but she still does it that way just to be extra safe.

I'm not trying to convince you either direction. Just sharing the questions I asked and passing on so you have additional information as you decide what is right for Oliver with his paw.

Thank you @TooPatient, I appreciate you sharing that info. If we have to go that route I will be sure to ask the vet to please give him the vaccine in the hind leg. I wish I had done that last year when the others had to get the rabies vaccine. All the cats (but Oliver) had to get rabies vaccinations last year for the ringworm treatment (or the vet refused to treat them) but Oliver was too young for the vaccination at that time and when he got to be old enough he was sick and I put my foot down. I told the vet no way would I give permission for the rabies vaccine at that time and she had to continue treating him for ringworm. So she reluctantly did but I know I would not be able to get him out of it this time.

Thanks for asking how he is doing. His leg seems to be better and he is putting weight on it. We are going to take him out of the playpen this morning and evaluate him. Last night we took him out for a few minutes and he was putting weight on the leg but his walk was not 100% normal. Hoping this AM he is doing even better.

I am more anxious than I normally would be because this poor kitty has been through the ringer. In so many ways. Last summer he had a terrible Herpetic eye ulcer and he almost lost his eye. Many many weeks of torture with multiple vet ophthalmologist visits at the hospital and eye drops around the clock literally. And during that time he also "sprained" his 2 front legs and that mysteriously appeared and disappeared after a whole set of X-rays on both legs. It was so weird and different than this sprain. Then of course, ringworm.

Plus a myriad of other maladies continuing this spring and summer. But I won't bore you with the details. Suffice to say our poor Oliver deserves some peace and joy. We love him (and the others) so much. I truly hurt when he hurts. It is one of the reasons I never wanted human babies. I didn't think I could survive it. And after seeing Fred and Francesca (and Tommy and Bobby and Oliver) go through so much last year there were times I didn't know how we were going to get through it all. I know that sounds dramatic but it is seriously how I felt. And still feel occasionally. I cannot bear having them go through pain and suffering. And I still cry over Frankie every day. I cannot express how much I miss her. OK, I have gone on too long sorry LOL. Just getting it out. A catharsis of sorts.

Thanks for listening and thanks for your compassion. I am praying that Oliver is fully healed or will be soon and that we don't have to bring him to the veterinarian for further testing and vaccinations.

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 4.59.47 AM.png

How are your furry babies doing B? How is your DH doing? And how are you feeling?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
today i folked out $54 on a box of 50 face masks
this is the first time ive seen them actually for sale so i thought i better just bite the bullet and buy some

also just ordered two face shields from some place in Auckland off the internet
the postage costs as much as the two face sheilds

while im not working we hardly go out at all

today i made a quick dash to the little suburban supermarket for bread and milk (where i got the maaks - i know they are out of stock at the big supermarket where we get out groceries delivered from)

so now im set
we even have the hand sanitizer finally, at the front door ready to go out
and i downloaded the tracer app
too bad once i got to the shop i had no idea how to scan the shop code in

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS I hope your furry friend is ok!

Thank you @adele_h, @TooPatient @bling_dream19 @canuk-gal @Daisys and Diamonds and everyone else who sent good wishes for Oliver....Oliver is better woohoo! Of course when we let him out he started running around like a madman and later on jumped up onto the tall Grndfather clock and before I knew it took a flying leap off it. Oy to the vey. But so far he is still good and not limping and hoping he and we survive his kitten hood. He is well over a year now but still kitten hood is going strong. :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 5.12.21 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @adele_h, @TooPatient @bling_dream19 @canuk-gal @Daisys and Diamonds and everyone else who sent good wishes for Oliver....Oliver is better woohoo! Of course when we let him out he started running around like a madman and later on jumped up onto the tall Grndfather clock and before I knew it took a flying leap off it. Oy to the vey. But so far he is still good and not limping and hoping he and we survive his kitten hood. He is well over a year now but still kitten hood is going strong. :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 5.12.21 AM.png

he is the most handsome boy
are you allowed to tickle that tummy ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
GM dear @Daisys and Diamonds! You can just clean them with a cloth and detergent or even soap and water and a microfiber cloth. Then wipe it with clean water and/or alcohol to remove the residue. Inside and out.

thank you Missy
i don't think im going to look as stylish as you do in yours but its about staying covid free not fashion

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you Missy
i don't think im going to look as stylish as you do in yours but its about staying covid free not fashion

Aww don't underestimate yourself Daisy. I think you would look beautiful and stylish under any circumstance. Your inner beauty shines through each and every post. :love:

And yes siree bob. Staying safe is the name of the game and numero uno in importance.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds on an unrelated note....do you think if The Stone Pony goes bankrupt Bruce would step in and save them? We pass it every day cycling and it looks so forlorn and broken and wonder how they are going to survive. But then I realized Bruce would not let them disappear and go out of business. I think he would step in and save the day. Don't you agree?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds on an unrelated note....do you think if The Stone Pony goes bankrupt Bruce would step in and save them? We pass it every day cycling and it looks so forlorn and broken and wonder how they are going to survive. But then I realized Bruce would not let them disappear and go out of business. I think he would step in and save the day. Don't you agree?

Bruce to the rescue!! It has to survive!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results