shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for your kind words, missy! It's not painful any more, but still swollen and I can see my cheek which is annoying...

How are you doing?

I am very glad it is not painful anymore @kipari and hope the swelling goes down very soon!
Thanks for asking about me. I am hanging in there. It is always something and these days multiple somethings. What can we do but take it one day at a time and we do the best we can. Hugs to you and looking forward for happier times for all of us. XO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cats and dogs have irritated me this morning. I'm tired. I just want to sleep through a night! One cat had me up before 6am. Then another cat and one of the dogs kept it going until 7ish. Another cat got into trouble by 7:30. That means I had yet another night of 6 hours or less sleep. I love them all but am so tired. Been looking at hotel rates thinking I could always take a day or two to stay by myself and do nothing but sleep and relax. Freestanding rooms (like a whole little house) so no shared air system. Delicious food all able to be left at the door. Wine and sunset on my private patio... Then I think more and realize DH is in no shape to manage his own meals and take care of the animals on his own. Oh well. Maybe later. Until then, I need to find every last thing they have been getting into and get rid of it!

Aww sorry things continue to be hectic and you sure do deserve a few nights of peace and calm. Hoping you can escape (maybe with DH and someone can care for the furry babies for a night or 2?) soon and enjoy well deserved R&R. Hugs to you B.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very glad it is not painful anymore @kipari and hope the swelling goes down very soon!
Thanks for asking about me. I am hanging in there. It is always something and these days multiple somethings. What can we do but take it one day at a time and we do the best we can. Hugs to you and looking forward for happier times for all of us. XO.

Hugs and much strength to you, @missy !

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My Begonias suffered a beating in the hail a few days ago. I love Begonias.....

@Begonia got bra's?

I feel like Begonias need some healing and positive attention.

cheers--Sharon

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
HI:

My Begonias suffered a beating in the hail a few days ago. I love Begonias.....

@Begonia got bra's?

I feel like Begonias need some healing and positive attention.

cheers--Sharon

Hahahahaaaaa. You made me laugh, which isn't easy right now.

Confirmation, bras are in the building :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I organized bands and I feel accomplished.
This is about the extent of what my brain can manage today :lol:

374D741B-DEEF-4E74-A4D7-3FDC98850C6F.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am positively obsessed with the soundtrack from Hamilton! I have been listening to it non stop!!
Certainly reminds us that politics was never civilized and still isn’t. I may even have a fan crush on the witty Lin-Manuel. :bigsmile:
Link with lyrics! Enjoy!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am positively obsessed with the soundtrack from Hamilton! I have been listening to it non stop!!
Certainly reminds us that politics was never civilized and still isn’t. I may even have a fan crush on the witty Lin-Manuel. :bigsmile:
Link with lyrics! Enjoy!

Love it. Thanks ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right this moment I’m listening to this.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha @missy ! I would have never pegged you as an Ozzy fan?!?! :lol:

@yssie That is quite the collection of bands!! Love them and the tray too!

Hahahaha I know right? But yeah I find some of his (and other heavy metal) stuff beautiful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just came on my Pandora and I love this song so much. ❤

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sad.

They cancelled swimming lessons for the kids. Completely understandable given what is happening in Victoria but I'm still very sad all the same.

I scrambled to book him in at a good time with his favorite teacher. Speaking of teachers, the teachers at that swim school were all university students who probably relied on the income from those classes.

I'm just very sad about it all in general.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@voce have you heard the latest juicy figure skating drama???

It's good stuff!!!!! So much drama!!!!!

voce

Ideal_Rock
@voce have you heard the latest juicy figure skating drama???

It's good stuff!!!!! So much drama!!!!!

Honestly, I haven't been following for weeks(?) and the last juicy thing was about Trusova leaving Eteri's group for Plushenko's. I listened in once to TSL's discussion of the ISU awards, and just this morning checked F-S Gossips.

I guess Eteri's running into trouble with Kostornaia and wants to focus exclusively on Valieva and Usacheva for the 2022 Olympics. My bad, maybe she's keeping Scherbakova as well. Really heartless to push Kostornaia out in this way. I still really enjoy Medvedeva's skating, and hope Kostornaia will continue. I don't think the training regime is really suitable for young women. I think personality-wise it's tougher on Alena than someone as calm as Anna. Anna's physically very petite and so might have more longevity in the Eteri camp.

So since 2014 it's been Yulia->Evgenia>Alina>Aleksandra>Alena>??

That's a revolving door of 5 champions who were her favorites over 6.5 years!

Do we have info on where Kostornaia's headed?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@voce Alena is going to Plushenko.

It was a move instigated by her (Alena) from all my reading. Eteri is super bitter and has thrown her under the bus obviously. She's also dragged Zhenya and Yulia under the bus in her bitter statement too.

The Choreographer has been on Instagram saying that Alena has lied to them and plotted to leave for two months and that she loves his programs. Plushenko is saying the new programs are rubbish and that Alena only decided to leave two weeks ago.

Alena has had to turn off comments on Instagram because the Eteri crazy army is after her. She literally puts out internet hits on children when they leave her.

Russian figure skating drama at it's best.

I love watching Valieva skate and hope that Eteri doesn't destroy her. Actually I enjoy most of the Eteri skaters. Anna is very lovely too.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@voce Alena is going to Plushenko.

It was a move instigated by her (Alena) from all my reading. Eteri is super bitter and has thrown her under the bus obviously. She's also dragged Zhenya and Yulia under the bus in her bitter statement too.

The Choreographer has been on Instagram saying that Alena has lied to them and plotted to leave for two months and that she loves his programs. Plushenko is saying the new programs are rubbish and that Alena only decided to leave two weeks ago.

Alena has had to turn off comments on Instagram because the Eteri crazy army is after her. She literally puts out internet hits on children when they leave her.

Russian figure skating drama at it's best.

I love watching Valieva skate and hope that Eteri doesn't destroy her. Actually I enjoy most of the Eteri skaters. Anna is very lovely too.

I hope Plushenko can help them. He's a more inexperienced coach comparatively speaking. Interesting to see what Alena can do with a different choreographer. She did love Daniil's programs in the past, but it has been brought up before that the programs get quite repetitive, and there's a limit to how many good new ones he can come up with every year and which ones are just rehashed and passed down to the skaters.

I watched JGP events last year and have to say that Valieva has lovely extensions but imo she's still miming. I think Usacheva, although not as consistent, just had more natural flow in her skating.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Those look yummy. Are they peanut butter cookies? (That might just be my wishful thinking :lol: )

Yes peanut butter! I usually dip the fork in sugar when I do the cross hatching...DH got a little carried away with a few, lol.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend's wife died (not COVID) a few weeks ago. She had a heart problem that they knew would kill her, but it still came sooner than expected. They have a 9 year old daughter. I hurt for them as they struggle to find closure since they aren't allowed to have a funeral.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend's wife died (not COVID) a few weeks ago. She had a heart problem that they knew would kill her, but it still came sooner than expected. They have a 9 year old daughter. I hurt for them as they struggle to find closure since they aren't allowed to have a funeral.

I am sorry @TooPatient. I wonder if Covid prevented her from getting the best care to prolong her life. I feel for her family- especially her 9 year old daughter. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes peanut butter! I usually dip the fork in sugar when I do the cross hatching...DH got a little carried away with a few, lol.

Yes! I can always (usually) sniff out peanut butter. That is my fave.

And you know what goes amazingly well with peanut butter cookies?

Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 4.02.57 AM.png

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry @TooPatient. I wonder if Covid prevented her from getting the best care to prolong her life. I feel for her family- especially her 9 year old daughter. :(

No, they did their very best. She had a congenital heart defect and the surgery was only a temporary fix. She made it longer than most patients do without a transplant. (She had cancer treatments a year ago so couldn't have a transplant yet.) The doctors had prepared them for this but had hoped for a couple of years. This year was rougher than usual.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dental work sucks. Had my last two wisdom teeth out four weeks ago (well, 4 weeks minus one day...) and am still dealing with pain and numbness/puffy feeling. The dentist who did the removal did AWFUL. His office gave incomplete information when I called for guidance (bleeding heavily some hours later) that led to dry socket. Suffered with that for a week before he did a halfa** treatment on it. Pain was so bad the next day, I found a new dentist who opened up especially to see me. That made a huge difference but now I need to go back in as something still feels wrong.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dental work sucks. Had my last two wisdom teeth out four weeks ago (well, 4 weeks minus one day...) and am still dealing with pain and numbness/puffy feeling. The dentist who did the removal did AWFUL. His office gave incomplete information when I called for guidance (bleeding heavily some hours later) that led to dry socket. Suffered with that for a week before he did a halfa** treatment on it. Pain was so bad the next day, I found a new dentist who opened up especially to see me. That made a huge difference but now I need to go back in as something still feels wrong.

Ugh I am sorry. It feels like it never ends. Sending you bucketloads of healing dust. Unexplained dental pain is the worst. I remember chasing tooth/nerve pain for years and the oral surgeon and endodontist and dentist couldn't figure it out. Thankfully after a few years it just stopped but man it wasn't pleasant. I hope they figure it out and can provide you relief ASAP.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh I am sorry. It feels like it never ends. Sending you bucketloads of healing dust. Unexplained dental pain is the worst. I remember chasing tooth/nerve pain for years and the oral surgeon and endodontist and dentist couldn't figure it out. Thankfully after a few years it just stopped but man it wasn't pleasant. I hope they figure it out and can provide you relief ASAP.

Thanks. I wouldn't mind the numb/puffy feeling if I knew it was healing okay and just nerve damage. Not ideal, but I can add it to the sizeable list of things I don't let myself notice. My immediate worry is making sure it is healing correctly and not forming an abscess or something. I want to be able to use my Sonicare and waterpik through my whole mouth without worrying I am going to open it up again.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. I wouldn't mind the numb/puffy feeling if I knew it was healing okay and just nerve damage. Not ideal, but I can add it to the sizeable list of things I don't let myself notice. My immediate worry is making sure it is healing correctly and not forming an abscess or something. I want to be able to use my Sonicare and waterpik through my whole mouth without worrying I am going to open it up again.

I can tell you that the numbness from that kind of oral surgery can last for a very long time (as can swelling) and you should regain all feeling there. It can be disconcerting how long it lasts but it should go back to normal. Fingers crossed for you.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was posted on my local FB page. Very cool. Reminds me of the Arthur theme song, “When you get caught between the moon and New York City ...”

E7402883-8352-4CED-8E81-07074A52CB95.jpeg
C7D70D75-3367-4EDD-85E9-EABFC2A13ABD.jpeg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just a mini rant. Since my daughter had to postpone her wedding, she's now having to send out new Save the Date cards. However, the "new" charge is almost $4 each! I feel like the printer is taking advantage. Her whole suite of invitations was only $5 each before the pandemic. I'm just peeved. I feel like so many little things are just getting ridiculous. Also, Costco used to sell the good 40 roll toilet paper, now it's 30 rolls for the same price. I think I'm losing my mind right now in general.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results