color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Musia here it is again. HTH.

No, it goes like this.

SPOILER for those who don't want to see the answer and how it was worked out.

mathproblem.jpg

So the top row is 9 plus 9 plus 3
Second row is (add up the numbers in the display) 10 plus 10 plus 10
Last row is each dash is 3 so 15 plus 15 minus 15.

Go to the math problem now.
9 plus 9 times 36
So it's 36 times 9 and then you add 9 for a total of 333. Hope that makes sense @Musia !

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Glad the hair appointment went well. Safe and beautiful. Perfect combo.
Yes the time on the clock is the number. Since you have to find a way to have it add up to 21 that was the only thing that made sense.

To get to 21, I was calling each clock 7...I didn’t even look at the face. That’s why I dislike these. They hurt my brain too much and aren’t straightforward...hmmm, kinda like the state tests my kids take! :lol: :roll2:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock

I don't know what HTH means... :confused:
One bulb is 15.
9+ 10x 3 bulbs= 9+10x45? I will wait for the correct answer from MYG. Thank you Missy :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know what HTH means... :confused:
One bulb is 15.
9+ 10x 3 bulbs= 9+10x45? I will wait for the correct answer from MYG. Thank you Missy :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

It’s not about the bulbs but the energy dashes. Each represents a number of 3. So if you look at the equation you see there are only 4 energy dashes per bulb vs the 5 in the example. Making each bulb in the equation worth 12 times 3 bulbs is 36.

HTH is hope that helps.

If you read my reply in the post above I spelled out each step for you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To get to 21, I was calling each clock 7...I didn’t even look at the face. That’s why I dislike these. They hurt my brain too much and aren’t straightforward...hmmm, kinda like the state tests my kids take! :lol: :roll2:

I love math and brain teasers. ❤️
Explaining it though is making head hurt lol. I shoulda just left it to @mellowyellowgirl to explain to musia. :)

muesli

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry @muesli and see what happens. Like you said you can reapply at a later date if your other dream isn't realized. It's a good dilemma to have. 2 pretty great career paths. Good luck! And (((hugs))). Your dream path will be realized. The question is which dream. Take your time and see what materializes and what feels right to you.

ETA: My dad was a dentist and my uncle (mom's brother) was a periodontist. My uncle loved his career so much that he still teaches at Columbia Dental School.

Thank you so much @missy! You seem so kind:).
Yes I'm super grateful that I've got this dilemma for sure! I just want to help people I guess, it gives me great joy. I used to work as a flight attendant and loved it at times, but always felt that I wanted to do something else though.
My darling fiance has been extremely supportive throughout this process and will continue with his support (he is currently training to become a radiologist).

I guess a part of me got so happy that I got a chance at something new, and really want to get started (so that I can get more diamonds ;)), but I can always reapply in the future:).

Wow that's amazing! Thank you for sharing!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
If you read my reply in the post above I spelled out each step for you.

I did, thank you... Now I don't know anything about energy dashes...Missy, please don't waste any more of your time on me, I am hopeless...:cry:;(:(sad And thank you again!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did, thank you... Now I don't know anything about energy dashes...Missy, please don't waste any more of your time on me, I am hopeless...:cry:;(:(sad And thank you again!

You’re not hopeless lol. I’m sure @mellowyellowgirl will explain it to you satisfactorily. No worries. As for the energy dashes I just called them that for lack of a better term. The light symbol above the bulbs.

Ok enough on this equation lol. Enjoy a Good Friday night. :)

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
You’re not hopeless lol. I’m sure @mellowyellowgirl will explain it to you satisfactorily. No worries. As for the energy dashes I just called them that for lack of a better term. The light symbol above the bulbs.

Ok enough on this equation lol. Enjoy a Good Friday night. :)

Same to you! :D:love: Have a great Friday night!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Musia

Sorry I was asleep! Today is my sleep in day lol

@missy explained it perfectly! I don't think I can improve on her explanation.

If you look at the light bulbs, there are lines on top of them. Each line represents a value of 3.

So in the final problem each lightbulb has 4 lines on top. Therefore each bulb is worth 12. There are 3 light bulbs so the value of light bulbs in the final problem is 3 x 12.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Musia

Sorry I was asleep! Today is my sleep in day lol

@missy explained it perfectly! I don't think I can improve on her explanation.

If you look at the light bulbs, there are lines on top of them. Each line represents a value of 3.

So in the final problem each lightbulb has 4 lines on top. Therefore each bulb is worth 12. There are 3 light bulbs so the value of light bulbs in the final problem is 3 x 12.

Thank you! Now I see, actually I like your explanation better then @missy. I will explain why. You are schooling your DS7 now, and you know how to get things clear for a young boy. I needed the same kind of clarifying. Like 101 for Dummies kind of explanation :bigsmile: Missy had imagined a grown up person as an OP. Or maybe I understood your explanation right away just because I already had read Missy's one for several times :D. Thank you, nice ladies =)2!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
GAH!!!! Why is she never happy with ANYTHING?!?!?!?!? /rant

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

"humblebrag". Anyone heard of this "word"? I did today for the first time and it clarified my thoughts when I hear some folks a 'chattin and a 'writin.....

cheers--Sharon

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Badddddddd start into my day: Was carrying plants at 9 a.m. (both hands needed)
Wasp flew right against my face and started stinging under my eye right away. Hurts a lot. Swollen.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wasp flew right against my face and started stinging under my eye right away. Hurts a lot. Swollen.

Oh no! I am so sorry @kipari! Sending you bucketloads of healing dust and gentle hugs. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I am sure you are already icing it but if not please ice it. Maybe Benadryl would help? (((Hugs))) and lots of healing vibes being sent your way.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! I am so sorry @kipari! Sending you bucketloads of healing dust and gentle hugs. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I am sure you are already icing it but if not please ice it. Maybe Benadryl would help? (((Hugs))) and lots of healing vibes being sent your way.

Ouch @kipari I hope it doesn’t swell much and you are already pain free!! I hate wasps!!
Thank you so much for the well wishes!

it's uncomfortable and swollen and I look like I had only one half of an overzealous undereye filler job .

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the well wishes!

it's uncomfortable and swollen and I look like I had only one half of an overzealous undereye filler job .

Get better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari hope the swelling has been going down. And that you are more comfortable now!

Speaking of uncomfortable my eczema is out of control. I am in so much discomfort right now. On a pain scale of 1-10 I am at a solid 7. And I am trying to keep upbeat and not let it get me down but because of the eczema (behind my knees) we cannot cycle and I don't know when we will be able to. It's complicated by another disease I have and I will leave it at that. I am sad because cycling is my one escape and now I don't even have that for goodness knows how long. I know in the grand scheme of things this doesn't compare to what others are dealing with but I am sad and in discomfort.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari hope the swelling has been going down. And that you are more comfortable now!

Speaking of uncomfortable my eczema is out of control. I am in so much discomfort right now. On a pain scale of 1-10 I am at a solid 7. And I am trying to keep upbeat and not let it get me down but because of the eczema (behind my knees) we cannot cycle and I don't know when we will be able to. It's complicated by another disease I have and I will leave it at that. I am sad because cycling is my one escape and now I don't even have that for goodness knows how long. I know in the grand scheme of things this doesn't compare to what others are dealing with but I am sad and in discomfort.

Hugs! I know how much riding means to your mental and physical wellbeing. I hope you are able to get out and walk along the beach or some other activity that will help until you are able to ride again.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ouch!! I hope it heals quickly!

Those things are nasty. I do not feel bad about having pest control deal with them. (After ensuring they take good care of my honeybees and bumbles!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs! I know how much riding means to your mental and physical wellbeing. I hope you are able to get out and walk along the beach or some other activity that will help until you are able to ride again.

Thank you @TooPatient ! Yes we are walking and just enjoying each other's company. I love cycling so much but I will adapt if this is my new normal. I have no choice. And life is challenging as we all know so have to make the best of it. Truly it's the only choice. I appreciate your kind wishes. How are you and your DH doing? Continued well wishes being sent your way. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari how are you today? I hope your swelling is down considerably and I hope you are feeling much much better. Big hug and continued healing vibes being sent your way. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to share a happy customer service story.

I ordered chocolate last Tuesday and was told it should be fine despite the heat due to the company’s location being close to where we live. So I ordered without overnighting as customer service felt it would be fine despite the heat.

It was due to arrive when the temps were in the 80s last Thursday. I ordered Tuesday. Was told it should arrive Thursday.

Anyway Thursday came and went, Friday came and went and the temps soared into the 90s F. You get the picture. I emailed the company just to let them know it didn’t arrive and she told me to keep her posted.

It didn’t arrive til 5:11pm yesterday. Heat index 105F and actual temp 97F. As I promised I emailed customer service to just tell them it finally arrived and was indeed melted but I had placed it into the freezer as soon as I received it (as she had directed me to do when we realized it would be delayed in arriving).

I put it in the freezer and hoped for the best. Greg said it should be fine. Woke this AM to an email from customer service saying they were sorry and usps has been experiencing delays. And they were sending another order to me.

Wow. I didn’t ask for a replacement as I felt it would end up tasting fine. I mean they heat it to make it right?

Shout out to the company. They rock. Evolved chocolates. Thank you. Best vegan chocolate I’ve ever enjoyed.

❤️

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a fall in my kitchen on Saturday. It really threw me for a loop pain-wise. But today is the first day I'm feeling normal again.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari how are you today? I hope your swelling is down considerably and I hope you are feeling much much better. Big hug and continued healing vibes being sent your way. XOXO.

Thank you so much for your kind words, missy! It's not painful any more, but still swollen and I can see my cheek which is annoying...

How are you doing?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a fall in my kitchen on Saturday. It really threw me for a loop pain-wise. But today is the first day I'm feeling normal again.

Hugs, @lyra ! Thank goodness you're on the mend!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cats and dogs have irritated me this morning. I'm tired. I just want to sleep through a night! One cat had me up before 6am. Then another cat and one of the dogs kept it going until 7ish. Another cat got into trouble by 7:30. That means I had yet another night of 6 hours or less sleep. I love them all but am so tired. Been looking at hotel rates thinking I could always take a day or two to stay by myself and do nothing but sleep and relax. Freestanding rooms (like a whole little house) so no shared air system. Delicious food all able to be left at the door. Wine and sunset on my private patio... Then I think more and realize DH is in no shape to manage his own meals and take care of the animals on his own. Oh well. Maybe later. Until then, I need to find every last thing they have been getting into and get rid of it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@lyra I am so sorry and glad you are feeling better finally. Big but gentle (((hugs))) and lots of good wishes being sent your way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results