shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so very sad. We are mourning the loss of our fur baby. He lived a wonderful 17 years. #heartbroken

Wasn’t he so handsome? ♥

8404046A-C942-4619-AA83-5436CFD1410A.jpeg 8408B65E-80BB-4236-ADC2-B90DDC2669C1.jpeg
AABA7440-4C27-4B0A-BB59-61ABCC846B11.jpeg

I do not think I can ever go through this again, so sadly, no more fur babies for us.

What a sweet boy! So beautiful and so clearly loved!

I'm sorry for your loss. I read an article one day that said humans feel the loss of a pet just as strongly as the loss of a family member. They were correct, except that our furries ARE family. Sending you hugs.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient thank you so much for your beautiful post ♥️ He was much loved. How right you are. He was family and it hurts almost as much as when I lost my folks. :(

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 , I empathize with you. The loss of a beloved furbaby generates a lot of pain and trauma. I am so sorry and sending thoughts of comfort and support. <3

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@caf Thank you. ♥ I believe that he did....I held him until after his last breath. :’(

Thank you @YadaYadaYada yes! He did have an awesome amount until of time with us. ♥

@Slick1 They trust us to do this for them. Hardest thing to do but i agree with you - it is the right thing to see them until the end. You are brave and kind.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww your words really helped me today. Thank you @junebug17 and @caf I am definitely having my moments. :(
I am grateful to PS and it’s wonderfully warm ladies for allowing me to share my little Chase with you. He was a very special pooch. 50BB6E2D-04DA-4467-B356-A09F6D367FE4.gif

And one last because why not. ♥️
B8CDC568-2A07-4064-8C7D-E13F4E0DF57E.jpeg 2A603880-90B6-4A53-8551-44F494A0F507.jpeg

I couldn’t chose just one, sorry...

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am looking at buying Tieks. They are so pricey!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so very sad. We are mourning the loss of our fur baby. He lived a wonderful 17 years. #heartbroken

Wasn’t he so handsome? ♥

8404046A-C942-4619-AA83-5436CFD1410A.jpeg 8408B65E-80BB-4236-ADC2-B90DDC2669C1.jpeg
AABA7440-4C27-4B0A-BB59-61ABCC846B11.jpeg

I do not think I can ever go through this again, so sadly, no more fur babies for us.

What a darling peach. You will love him always.

healing vibes across the miles..Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 , Chase will always be with you Slick. You gave him a wonderful life filled with love. He knew he was loved and cherished. I’m so sorry.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, @Slick1, I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear boy. I'm so glad you had him, and he had you - all as it was meant to be.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 I’m so sorry :(sad

He was really, really beautiful. I know that eventually you’ll remember him and look at these photos and smile, not cry. But until then - ::HUGS:: honey :(sad

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OboeGal and @yssie I appreciate your words very much. Thank you.

Last night was very difficult. How does one get over the guilt? :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OboeGal and @yssie I appreciate your words very much. Thank you.

Last night was very difficult. How does one get over the guilt? :(

Dear @Slick1 you have *nothing* to feel guilty about. You gave Chase everything and you loved him unconditionally as he did you. He had an amazing life. And I am sorry to be repetitive but ultimately you gave Chase the greatest gift anyone could give a loved one. Peace from suffering. You’re a hero. The best. Chase knew love and comfort and joy during his time on earth. And now he is at peace. Nothing can touch the pain and grief you’re feeling from this great loss but I hope in some small way knowing you gave him all you could brings you some comfort from the terrible grief. And you have nothing to feel guilty about. XO.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
((Hugs)) @missy for always knowing the right thing to say. I think having my wonderful DH, upon seeing me cry, say to me that I could’ve have waited a week or two set me off. He never had pets growing up, so this is a first for him. He didn’t come with me for our kitty a few years back. He apologized over and over again, not realizing how that innocent statement would just feed into the guilt I was already feeling.
Thankfully, DD calmed me down reminding me of how poor his quality of life had become. But I can’t help but think maybe I maybe could’ve waited...I know it’s not rational...does losing a deep love ever feel ‘right?’
I truly do appreciate the support and words of comfort that you so kindly share with me. ♥️

And, with that, I apologize for hogging this thread.
Sorry all, carry on with your random thoughts!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
((Hugs)) @missy for always knowing the right thing to say. I think having my wonderful DH, upon seeing me cry, say to me that I could’ve have waited a week or two set me off. He never had pets growing up, so this is a first for him. He didn’t come with me for our kitty a few years back. He apologized over and over again, not realizing how that innocent statement would just feed into the guilt I was already feeling.
Thankfully, DD calmed me down reminding me of how poor his quality of life had become. But I can’t help but think maybe I maybe could’ve waited...I know it’s not rational...does losing a deep love ever feel ‘right?’
I truly do appreciate the support and words of comfort that you so kindly share with me. ♥

@Slick1 dear friend you did it at exactly the right time. (((Hugs)))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I truly do appreciate the support and words of comfort that you so kindly share with me. ♥

Everything that @missy already said.

I once read an opinion piece that stated that pet owners who see multiples through end-of-life tend to let beloved friends go earlier.

I've lost more furry family than I want to think about. It doesn't get easier with repetition, but I often think about that snippet - it's true. It's more difficult and more selfless to let them go before they get to the point of struggling through every aspect of life. Our first boy - we thought it wasn't fair to send him off until it was clear that he was ready to go... The problem is that our interpretation of ready to go usually means clearly no more will to live. No more happiness. No more small moments of joy. Just pain and apathy and lethargy. Looking back - why on earth did we put him through that?

Never ever again.

I don't know that it ever feels 'right'. Not if 'right' means 'doesn't hurt'. But I do know, now, that by letting Chase go before he reached that point of ready to go - letting him go whilst he was still able to feel good and consciously enjoy how much his humans loved him - was the most selfless and kind decision that you could have made.

He spent his last days not just being loved, but knowing how much he was loved. You truly have nothing to feel guilty about.

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything that @missy already said.

I once read an opinion piece that stated that pet owners who see multiples through end-of-life tend to let beloved friends go earlier.

I've lost more furry family than I want to think about. It doesn't get easier with repetition, but I often think about that snippet - it's true. It's more difficult and more selfless to let them go before they get to the point of struggling through every aspect of life. Our first boy - we thought it wasn't fair to send him off until it was clear that he was ready to go... The problem is that our interpretation of ready to go usually means clearly no more will to live. No more happiness. No more small moments of joy. Just pain and apathy and lethargy. Looking back - why on earth did we put him through that?

Never ever again.

I don't know that it ever feels 'right'. Not if 'right' means 'doesn't hurt'. But I do know, now, that by letting Chase go before he reached that point of ready to go - letting him go whilst he was still able to feel good and consciously enjoy how much his humans loved him - was the most selfless and kind decision that you could have made.

He spent his last days not just being loved, but knowing how much he was loved. You truly have nothing to feel guilty about.

@yssie ♥️ I am sorry I am just getting back to you, but I read your post three times today, as well as to DH. I was trying to stay busy to keep my mind from wandering.

I cannot thank you enough for your eloquent words and thoughts. You made so much sense, especially as far as waiting until their quality of life is noticeably deteriorated. By that time, it is too late, you are so right!

Your words gently forced me to admit to myself that if I had waited any longer, it was for my benefit only, and to sweet Chase’s detriment. I mean, there was a good moment here or there but I realized he was a shell of himself in the last week.

I too have read that pet owners do not wait in subsequent end-of-life decisions. I knew it was a kind, loving act, but I think I am trying to turn my deep pain of loss into blame and guilt on myself. You are correct, that isn’t fair to me or to him. Seventeen years is nothing to scoff at. I appreciate you pointing these things out to me so beautifully and honestly. ♥️

I am so very sorry for the losses you have endured. You are a hero and brave beyond belief, and I am forever grateful you stumbled upon my post. Thank you! ♥️

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
::HUGS:: @Slick1! I'm so I could help you feel a little better today ❤

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Slick1, I agree wholeheartedly with @missy and @yssie, and I'm glad that you can see and feel what they are saying and know that you did it right! They're so right, and I've had that same experience with the first few times - waiting because I wanted to be absolutely sure, and because deep down I wasn't ready to let go, so it ended up being too long. I will carry deep regrets for that the rest of my life. A kind vet told me a few years back that it was better to make the mistake of being a little too soon than being too late and prolonging their suffering, and I remind myself of that often whenever we face that dreaded time in more recent years here. I believe I've done a better job of not waiting too long, and that my sense of the truly "right time" gets better and better. I think you absolutely did right by him, and I'm so glad you can feel and know that in your heart.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanna say, my kids know me so well. They sent me these tie dye roses today. Feeling blessed even though we won’t be seeing each other this Mother’s day and it’s also the anniversary of my Mom’s passing, so.... #thankful/sad
EB5A1044-6868-4B76-8E65-5415BCF36117.jpeg

I can’t wait for these to open up! Look at those colors.

I had no clue there were tie dye roses. Wow so cool!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking at buying Tieks. They are so pricey!!!

My good friend loves them! She has like 5 pairs and says they are addictive! I bought Clark’s instead and lives in them all fall and winter (so cal ) and they were on sale for 40 bucks! Maybe try Clark’s?

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My good friend loves them! She has like 5 pairs and says they are addictive! I bought Clark’s instead and lives in them all fall and winter (so cal ) and they were on sale for 40 bucks! Maybe try Clark’s?

I went to Dillards yesterday and tried on 7 different pairs of flats. But NONE of them were Clarks....I may try those too. ;-)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to Dillards yesterday and tried on 7 different pairs of flats. But NONE of them were Clarks....I may try those too. ;-)

I like the Lucky's flats for a well-priced and comfy ballet flat.
ETA You can find them on sale at many retailers.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What happened to the George Floyd thread? what did I miss? I came back from dinner and is gone. .. :confused:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Score! Finally got disinfecting wipes from Costco yesterday. We need them for the kitties and cleaning up their environment most importantly. Covid 19 has made it challenging to get the cat supplies we need so whew on yesterday's score. Kirkland disinfecting wipes, paper towels, and even hand sanitizer and other supplies we very much needed.

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 5.53.49 AM.png

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just a PSA: if you're working outside (or probably anywhere) and you see black spots. It's probably a good idea to sit down. Especially when they don't go away and start moving. :shock:

Longer story: I live in AZ. I know to be cautious in the heat. We were working in the front yard (must dig new trench for water line), taking breaks, copious amounts of water. I started feeling off, so go to the shade. I did a bit more work (again in the shade). Start seeing spots, no biggie, until they don't go away and start to do darker (starting w/my right eye). Figured it'd be a good time to sit down as my legs start to give way. So not fun. All this happened before 1030am.

I'm cooled down now, even more water (some powerade as well), cool shower, etc. Took a bit of a nap (didn't sleep just nice rest). Obviously done working for today!

Stay safe and hydrated!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a PSA: if you're working outside (or probably anywhere) and you see black spots. It's probably a good idea to sit down. Especially when they don't go away and start moving. :shock:

Longer story: I live in AZ. I know to be cautious in the heat. We were working in the front yard (must dig new trench for water line), taking breaks, copious amounts of water. I started feeling off, so go to the shade. I did a bit more work (again in the shade). Start seeing spots, no biggie, until they don't go away and start to do darker (starting w/my right eye). Figured it'd be a good time to sit down as my legs start to give way. So not fun. All this happened before 1030am.

I'm cooled down now, even more water (some powerade as well), cool shower, etc. Took a bit of a nap (didn't sleep just nice rest). Obviously done working for today!

Stay safe and hydrated!

Yikes!!
Glad you're feeling better!!
:eek-2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 I'm sorry for your loss They are never with us long enough though we might now that it dosen't make it any better. they hold our hearts.

@Cozystitches we apparently can't let you go anywhere...lol Please please please take care of yourself. (isn't it hades hot in AZ right now? And dry??) I have always heard dry heat is not the same as humid heat (which is what we have...like being in an armpit) You have gatorade there? (heck even pedialyte will work)

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian its normally not an issue, cause I'm a lazy bum and prefer my couch! It was really scary! Thankfully I'm feeling much better. Yes, dry heat can get to you FAST! I didn't think a lot about it as I typically drink around 100oz of water daily, but it was the lack of electrolytes. I learned this after I had hubby's recovery drink and more salty things. I actually had gatorade with lunch yesterday and felt marginally better, but then started feeling worse. I kept drinking water, not thinking about the electrolytes. Been drinking more recovery type drinks today and feel a TON better.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian its normally not an issue, cause I'm a lazy bum and prefer my couch! It was really scary! Thankfully I'm feeling much better. Yes, dry heat can get to you FAST! I didn't think a lot about it as I typically drink around 100oz of water daily, but it was the lack of electrolytes. I learned this after I had hubby's recovery drink and more salty things. I actually had gatorade with lunch yesterday and felt marginally better, but then started feeling worse. I kept drinking water, not thinking about the electrolytes. Been drinking more recovery type drinks today and feel a TON better.

Electrolytes are super important. I learned that very well when my grandmother started having issues. Her drink of choice is G2 Gatorade (less sugar). I prefer Propel. So long as you are drinking something with them, that is the most important thing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results