shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient Why must we have these appliance issues right now?? Hope you can get it replaced quickly.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient Why must we have these appliance issues right now?? Hope you can get it replaced quickly.

Right!?! I figured the A/C being a pain would at least mean the rest would hold up for now!

Our video player died last night. For sanity, I ordered a new one and they set it in the back of the car as I waited today.

The oven is not heating correctly (off by 25 degrees so able to compensate) plus one burner won't work.

The A/C works awesome but won't turn on reliably and won't shut off when it is supposed to. Been 77° in here and 65°. (Spent two years having repair people try to fix this!)

Now the water heater! I knew it would happen eventually. We actually have the water heater I want to replace it with sitting in the garage. Of course it is not a compatible type! In order to install it, we need to run a new 220V line out of our panel (which means tearing out sheetrock) and have two different building inspectors out. Not going to happen right now with everything closed!
So now I have to find the drop in replacement (not usually stocked as it is a different type than commonly used.) and someone to install it.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Right!?! I figured the A/C being a pain would at least mean the rest would hold up for now!

Our video player died last night. For sanity, I ordered a new one and they set it in the back of the car as I waited today.

The oven is not heating correctly (off by 25 degrees so able to compensate) plus one burner won't work.

The A/C works awesome but won't turn on reliably and won't shut off when it is supposed to. Been 77° in here and 65°. (Spent two years having repair people try to fix this!)

Now the water heater! I knew it would happen eventually. We actually have the water heater I want to replace it with sitting in the garage. Of course it is not a compatible type! In order to install it, we need to run a new 220V line out of our panel (which means tearing out sheetrock) and have two different building inspectors out. Not going to happen right now with everything closed!
So now I have to find the drop in replacement (not usually stocked as it is a different type than commonly used.) and someone to install it.

Uuuuuuuugh........I'm sorry. Just ughhh.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$2,500 to replace it (this is better than the $4,000 quote the other people gave!) assuming we have to have this type. Installer coming Monday to confirm. Slight chance we can swap to a less expensive (without loss of quality). Installation likely Tuesday or Wednesday.

Just had the great fun of finding that the dishwasher won't run without hot water. I had thought it took straight cold and heated in the machine. Gah! Paper plates and minimal dish use in our future!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This year is broken!!!
I had to run out to pick up my BC prescription (now set up for mail delivery) and decided to grab a few things since the store was nearly empty of shoppers. (That was an experience as I hadn't been to one in many weeks!) Thankful I did that as it meant I went to the freezer downstairs when I got home. Our water heater had emptied itself all over the garage. All 50 gallons.

Now I have to scramble to find a natural gas direct vent water heater and (probably) an installer ASAP as we are now without hot water.

:oops2: Oh my goodness......

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient this sucks !! Wé went through a lot of hot water boiler/system issues (our stuff was all NEW after a total gut job) and I know how draining and complicated and pricy it is!!!

I'm sorry for you guys and hope you can resolve the issue ASAP

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient I hope you can get a new water heater installed ASAP. And I hope B is feeling much much better. (((Hugs))).

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient this sucks !! Wé went through a lot of hot water boiler/system issues (our stuff was all NEW after a total gut job) and I know how draining and complicated and pricy it is!!!

I'm sorry for you guys and hope you can resolve the issue ASAP

New can be a pain to deal with! It seems like it should be easy, but that is when a lot of stuff with warranty questions come up and then you are stuck dealing with the approved repair places. We had a dishwasher that was less than a year old have issues one time. The warranty we bought through the store wouldn't cover because the manufacturer should cover that new. Lots of back and forth later, the store warranty was settled on as the coverage that applied. Their repair team was booked up for 8 weeks and refused to give anything more specific than an 8 hour window! (I ended up saying f- that and bought a much nicer dishwasher at big yearly sales price from a different place for less than we would have spent on take out food while waiting on a repair! Had a new dishwasher installed by the end of the day from a store that would stand behind their product and (I found out several years later) a great service team.)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient I hope you can get a new water heater installed ASAP. And I hope B is feeling much much better. (((Hugs))).

Thanks!

Last night was rough. Dinner was super late after dealing with the water heater and everything until late. Made it to bed after midnight then DH had trouble with the CPAP. I was up getting him settled until around 4 :sleep:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TR's neighbors burn sh!t All. The. Time. I can't tell you how many instances on a gorgeous day I've opened all the windows to get a nice breeze through the whole house, only to have to bolt around an close everything almost immediately as smoke comes wafting through Today is gorgeous -- 75 and sunny -- so I just went out on the side deck for an evening cocktail for the first time this season. I wasn't out there five minutes when I realized there was yet another fire close by. I just took a shower and put clean clothes on and the last thing I want right now is smoke all over my freshly washed hair. I'm so over this. If I wanted to smell like a campfire I'd fvck a boy scout troop.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay I just laughed until I snorted. Thank you! I suspect you wouldn't need a whole troop to smell like smoke, but the imagery is perfect. Sorry you are dealing with that. I know neighbors get to do stuff too and that is nice so you aren't limited, but a little courtesy for others would be nice! I have bad allergies so smoke is bad for me. We spend most of the summer closed up tight due to various neighbors making awful noise or smoke :cry:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was let go from work yesterday. 2 weeks more of work and 2 weeks severence. FML.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was let go from work yesterday. 2 weeks more of work and 2 weeks severence. FML.

Well, ****.

On the one hand - why won't the universe give you a break!?

On the other - thank god you'll be leaving that toxic cesspool soon...

Just. ****.

I'll email you in the morning!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apropos of nothing, I am now ignoring two members of PS.
One is daft and the other is demoralising doom and gloom.
I look forward to commensurate lowering of my blood pressure.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH just made oyster stew and the house smells like rotten fish. The cats are rolling around on the floor in ecstasy because he gave each a gelatinous gray slimy treat :sick:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean, so so sorry to hear you have another gut punch to get through. Hugs and best wishes that this setback results in something better for you.

@yssie, there is much to enjoy about the sound of silence.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It just sucks bc I just lost cat #1. And there was the 2 months of palliative care prior. Just a ... lot.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It just sucks bc I just lost cat #1. And there was the 2 months of palliative care prior. Just a ... lot.

Wait, what?
Oh, god. I'm so so sorry.
I've been under a rock - I didn't know they were sick ;(:(sad
I'm so sorry you lost one of your babies C. There's nothing that makes any of it easier - the months when you know the end is nearing but you're trying, TRYING, and always hoping for a miracle turnaround... That doesn't come, but it's not because you didn't do everything you possibly could. You gave your crittery two extra months together - that's a blessing they're so lucky to have had. And they know it.
But that's poor consolation.
::HUGS:: :blackeye:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm sorry. I was wondering how she was doing. To lose a job (even if a miserable one) on top of that is just too much.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ugh. I am so sorry. I am texting you as soon as the hour is decent for a Sunday AM. Sending you so many good luck vibes. I am so sorry :(

You are going to be OK though. (((HUGS))).

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Crap. That just stinks. My sincerest sympathy to you for losing your beloved your kitty.
I am sorry life has thrown so much at you @PintoBean But even though I don’t know you IRL, what I do know is that you are strong, smart and independent. You will survive and thrive. Sending good vibes your way.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry @PintoBean. I hope this turns out to be an opportunity. These are uncertain times, but you deserve a big dose of good karma or something right about now. Take care.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My beloved 2009 Pontiac Vibe has 180,000 miles on it and is starting to shake above 70mph.
Thinking it might be time for a replacement... Prices are so low right now...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My beloved 2009 Pontiac Vibe has 180,000 miles on it and is starting to shake above 70mph.
Thinking it might be time for a replacement... Prices are so low right now...

Your Pontiac Vibe is shaking (vibrating). LOL

Oddly enough, my DH and I were talking yesterday about good deals on vehicles. Awfully tempting.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your Pontiac Vibe is shaking (vibrating). LOL

Oddly enough, my DH and I were talking yesterday about good deals on vehicles. Awfully tempting.

Heh. The other half dislikes my darling Vibe - things like zero to sixty time are very important to him, for reasons unfathomable to me. His comment was that "that thing is just living up to its name". And his foot got stomped on.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heh. The other half dislikes my darling Vibe - things like zero to sixty time are very important to him, for reasons unfathomable to me. His comment was that "that thing is just living up to its name". And his foot got stomped on.

no feet=no pedal compression. He'll be up to speed soon.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean, so sorry to hear you lost your furry family member and your job. Kitty is irreplaceable, of course, but I hope you find a job you like better than the last one.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently I have no idea the stuff that grows in my yard.

I think this is an Amaryllis but not sure why I even have it...lol it kinda popped up this year!
20200505_175739[1].jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently I have no idea the stuff that grows in my yard.

I think this is an Amaryllis but not sure why I even have it...lol it kinda popped up this year!
20200505_175739[1].jpg

Lucky you! Stunning!!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian That is stunning! I have a mystery plant in my tiny garden this year. It looks like an hydrangea. Waiting to see if it's actually a weed instead. Definitely nothing as beautiful as the Amarylis. Isn't Amarylis a bulb?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results