shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Not aware of this but because you are recommending it I am going to check it out. Thanks Sharon!

I LOVE Hallmark too Sharon and Missy! I always have then on my DVR to watch when I need something lighthearted, fairly predictable and a bit fairytale vibe to them!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My good friend has just been drafted to work at a hospital to help with Covid 19. Starting tomorrow. She’s a gynecologist and they asked her to help out. She’s my age. Her dh is immunocompromised (cancer treatment) so she’s sending him to live with his mom for now. I’m scared for her but proud of her. Praying she remains well.

Our good friend B who is a pulmonologist in NJ busiest Covid 19 hospital is doing well knock wood. We check in with him daily. He says things are slowing down slightly. Praying he stays safe. He deals directly with very ill people who have Covid 19.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else get sugar cravings at 4pm-ish each day?

I'm going to go put some chocolate chip cookies in the oven now! I can't think or work until I have my fix!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Tomorrow is partner’s birthday. He is uncharacteristically focused upon it and wants presents and a cake. We haven’t really ‘done’ birthdays in years, but with the covid19, I am trying to be as understanding as possible of human frailty and insecurities.

I have used my last baking stash supply of milk and yeast for this. I hope it is worth it.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tomorrow is partner’s birthday. He is uncharacteristically focused upon it and wants presents and a cake. We haven’t really dont birthdays in years, but with the covid19, I am trying to be as understanding as possible of human frailty and insecurities.

I have used my last baking stash supply of milk and yeast for this. I hope it is worth it.

What kind of cake?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fresh Banana - with sweet glaze :)

Happy birthday to your partner! Hope it's a wonderful day and hope the cake turns out just how you hope it will...and we wouldn't mind a photo. I mean that's the closest some of us are going to get to delicious fresh banana cake. :lickout:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday to your partner! Hope it's a wonderful day and hope the cake turns out just how you hope it will...and we wouldn't mind a photo. I mean that's the closest some of us are going to get to delicious fresh banana cake. :lickout:

The thing about banana cake is that it tastes better than it looks!

9E679213-E4FE-4425-BAA6-D84A27688BFB.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't worn earrings since the shutdown began for us (mid-March).
I put my studs on today - the studs I normally wear daily. The posts are slightly thicker than normal, which I've always preferred, but today they hurt and my lobes were bright red afterward. Apparenly my piercings have tightened a tad!
#SilverLiningsOfSolitude

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get so annoyed when I'm cruising the news sites and I see a headline that I think, Oh, I'll came back to that later... and then I can't find it again! I SWEAR I saw one this morning that said something like Four Digital Libraries Anyone Can Access For Free. Do you think I can locate it now? Noooooooooo... !?! :nono:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get so annoyed when I'm cruising the news sites and I see a headline that I think, Oh, I'll came back to that later... and then I can't find it again! I SWEAR I saw one this morning that said something like Four Digital Libraries Anyone Can Access For Free. Do you think I can locate it now? Noooooooooo... !?! :nono:

Do any of these links help?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy, I'll check them out!

I actually get free books from the Chicago public library, but I thought I'd just go fishing in a different pond for the sheer fun of it. Maybe come up with something new!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ok why is natural peanut butter such a pain to stir??? :angryfire::cry2:o_OI started stirring this morning when my hubby wanted a pb sandwich to take with him to work. I'm still stirring now.:lol::angryfire:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it just me, or does SIP make it trickier to politely decline invitations to hang out (via Zoom)? Normally I’d say sorry, I have plans already, so now I say, oh, I’m double booked for Zoom HH.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny, if you see a CS thread wherein I've tagged you - I'm sorry for having pulled you in. The OP is hell bent on her conspiracy theory and I don't think anyone will dissuade her. But I tried.

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks yssie. =)
I'm a bit on a work-related time crunch now, but will check it out soon.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Changed from my day Nike sweat crops pants to my night sweat pants. Put on my Cartier Orchid ring. Very swank.:rolleyes::roll:

cheers--Sharon

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't worn makeup in 6 weeks. I'm now wondering if my application skills have regressed. Do not want shock-and-awe eyebrows when life resumes.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was watering the yard this morning and got a few pics. The bird of paradise tree in my yard (its massive) finally has bloomed. The dry season though took its toll we had serious drought conditions where I am) and those flowers look dismal.

the Guyabano tree next too it actually looks pretty happy! Hoping for some fruit this year.

20200429_085720.jpg 20200429_085858.jpg

The plumeria tree is blooming! :appl:Looks like its going to be a pretty full year!
20200429_085958.jpg

will be doing a general purpose organic fertilizer in May.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm "Yssie PS" on FB - I don't have a Real Me FB acct.
Somehow, FB wants Yssie PS to friend a bunch of Real People from work.
I'm so curious if they're seeing Yssie PS as someone they might know :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a testing account for social media for my job. No posts, no pictures, no info whatsoever. Not even an email address I use for any other purpose except this testing. My persona is in the name of two of my old pets. Sometimes I get friend requests from people who are like, "Oh hi Sugar Peaches*, we went to school together! Remember me?"

WTF.

*I've never had pets named Sugar or Peaches, just made that up for this post, LOL.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie Maybe it's your security preferences? Like I have friends of friends can ask to friend me, so it often shows people who are just that, friends of friends. IDK. Sometimes the recommendations startle me too.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I also have an alternate FB page....it has my real name where my real FB page does not (I don't ever want my crazy family finding me). I use the real name fake page for marketplace...no friends, no pics, privacy on high...sometimes it makes people suspicious and I've lost a few buy/sell opportunities. But if my family members ever find it there is nothing there. It's like a real me decoy page, lol.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Was watering the yard this morning and got a few pics. The bird of paradise tree in my yard (its massive) finally has bloomed. The dry season though took its toll we had serious drought conditions where I am) and those flowers look dismal.

the Guyabano tree next too it actually looks pretty happy! Hoping for some fruit this year.

20200429_085720.jpg 20200429_085858.jpg

The plumeria tree is blooming! :appl:Looks like its going to be a pretty full year!
20200429_085958.jpg

will be doing a general purpose organic fertilizer in May.

I'm SO envious of you living in Florida...... =)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

FB is weird. I have a FB account for friends/family/rescue/whatever and another for sparkly things that is my real first name and Diamond as last name. I used messenger in the Diamond account to send a photo to a friend of that account. A bit later, I logged out of my Diamond account and signed into my other account. I replied to a few things and sent some PMs from that account with no problem. Then I sent the same photo from before to a friend of this other account (remember, logged out of Diamond everywhere) and when she replied, it sent her reply to my Diamond account! I couldn't believe it. I had another similar issue one day but instead of sending to the correct person from the wrong account, it sent to a person I had already sent it to but from an account I didn't want them to know about! (So they got one copy of the photo from my main account and one from Diamond!)

Oh! Cool small world moment. A friend I met here on PS actually works with a friend who knows nothing of PS.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sleep is all out of schedule! It is 2am and I am wide awake. This is partly due to hurting and partly due to my body just being out of schedule as I had been awake much of the night for some weeks taking care of DH. There is this odd window between something like midnight and 3am (my time) where no one is around. It is too late for one coast of the US, too early for the other coast, and those on the other end of the world seem to be gone then too. (How is that for super random? :lol: )

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm SO envious of you living in Florida...... =)
Don't be too envious, we still have Hurricane Season which starts June 1 :oops2: (I am not ready for allathat this year)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This year is broken!!!
I had to run out to pick up my BC prescription (now set up for mail delivery) and decided to grab a few things since the store was nearly empty of shoppers. (That was an experience as I hadn't been to one in many weeks!) Thankful I did that as it meant I went to the freezer downstairs when I got home. Our water heater had emptied itself all over the garage. All 50 gallons.

Now I have to scramble to find a natural gas direct vent water heater and (probably) an installer ASAP as we are now without hot water.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results