shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you're feeling better today @Cozystitches. I agree with Junie, it's a good sign and hopefully you will continue feeling better. And I hope you can find a good physician for the future.

I feel a bit fluttery right now...I finally inactivated my professional license. I can reactivate if I choose to in the future so it's not final but it feels weird and I had been putting off doing it. But it is sort of a relief. Like a weight has been lifted since I was anxious to actually pull the proverbial trigger and inactivate my license. Only took me 7 months to do it since I retired haha. Talk about procrastinating.:lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, also, hope you are better, Cozystitches. Do find a physician, though. Just in case you ever need one. it's better to have become a patient before you need to call your doctor for an emergency! So get one with whom you are comfortable before you have an emergency. Please!

And, missy, I can relate. I gave up my social work licenses in two states with great regret. (The third state in which I had one never much mattered to me.) I could always get them back, but it would be a pain. ;))

Deb :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And, missy, I can relate. I gave up my social work licenses in two states with great regret. (The third state in which I had one never much mattered to me.) I could always get them back, but it would be a pain. ;))

Thanks Deb. I'm sorry getting your license back would be challenging. All I would have to do is make up all the CE credits I missed for the years I am inactive which is no small feat but just time consuming and not difficult. Unless they change the rules and that of course one cannot predict. I gave up my NJ license decades ago knowing I wasn't going to practice there so I only have my NYS license now.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a phone interview in 11.5 hours. I'm nervous. Right now I could use a hand to hold. A paw will have to do. A polydactyl paw!
image.jpg
Extra toe and an opposable thumb!
image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 12

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a phone interview in 11.5 hours. I'm nervous. Right now I could use a hand to hold. A paw will have to do. A polydactyl paw!
image.jpg
Extra toe and an opposable thumb!
image.jpg image.jpg
Mama I'm gonna sleep with you on the bed tonight!
image.jpg

Good luck sweet Pinto!!!

yougotthis.gif

Sending you buckets of good luck dust today for your phone interview!!!:appl:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
16+ inches of white crap...I mean snow. No power again. Haven’t had a work day (school) since last Thursday. A third Nor’easter maybe coming Monday? Stick a fork in me, I am done with winter. :rolleyes: Having our spring break now I guess since we are well over our allotted days.
I seriously don’t remember having no power for days when I was a kid in this area (NYC Suburbs)
Thank goodness for my generator and WiFi and PS where I can ogle the pretties.
Good luck today @PintoBean

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
16+ inches of white crap...I mean snow. No power again. Haven’t had a work day (school) since last Thursday. A third Nor’easter maybe coming Monday? Stick a fork in me, I am done with winter. :rolleyes: Having our spring break now I guess since we are well over our allotted days.
I seriously don’t remember having no power for days when I was a kid in this area (NYC Suburbs)
Thank goodness for my generator and WiFi and PS where I can ogle the pretties.
Good luck today @PintoBean

Oh nooooo I am hoping we don't have another Nor'easter Monday. OMG. :eek2:
Glad your generator is working well Sandeek and keeping good thoughts for no more winter storms at least until 2019 pretty please!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy You’re a sweetheart! I am one of the lucky ones with a generator. And heat! Praying with you for no more snow!!! Old man winter has been a bear this year!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Longest 7 minutes of my life. Trying not to barf. Dry heaving.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Halfway through my third week of acute bronchitis AKA a chest cold. Fortunately the excess mucus and coughing are finally letting up - I'm hoping the ringing ears will soon follow. What's new this week is a feeling of sheer exhaustion. I can't remember the last time I felt this worn out! Still, I feel very lucky. Once a few years ago I'd still have been working, and I'd no doubt have returned to work by now. Very glad to be dealing with this in retirement instead!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The worst part about smart phones with touch screens... if you have the phone unlocked and the screen is on a messenger chat, your cat can step on the phone and call that person.:confused2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's Thursday, The Ides of March. I am in Virginia. I just saw one of my doctors (my neurologist-headaches). It's the main reason I come here. When I come I have to drive for hours each way and I only get a three or four day break. The good thing is I get a break from my daughter. The bad thing is I have no cable TV (or any TV, really) and no computer. This is an illusion. (My appearing to be posting to Pricescope.) It takes me half an hour to get onto it and 15 minutes to move from one page to another. No newspaper delivered to the house (which is very far from everything), either. Oh, and the house phone doesn't ring although I can call out and I have no cell phone service here. Except upstairs at night if I am very careful. On the other hand, I eat well and my husband and I have fun watching DVDs and videos. If I cannot read most of the board, I will do it Sunday when I am back to Connecticut! I have radio in my car, so I know things such as that Conor Lamb won.

Love to all,
Deb

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The worst thing about smart phones is that they exist.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The worst thing about smart phones is that they exist.

Kenny... Have you taken on a second screen name... !

And you kids get off my lawn!

:cheeky:

(I kid! I kid!!!)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF That sounds both terrible and wonderful to me. I couldn't even do that drive as a passenger, but the solitude at the end sounds great. Then again, I am a recluse of sorts. You would have time to read books in peace perhaps.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's Thursday, The Ides of March. I am in Virginia. I just saw one of my doctors (my neurologist-headaches). It's the main reason I come here. When I come I have to drive for hours each way and I only get a three or four day break. The good thing is I get a break from my daughter. The bad thing is I have no cable TV (or any TV, really) and no computer. This is an illusion. (My appearing to be posting to Pricescope.) It takes me half an hour to get onto it and 15 minutes to move from one page to another. No newspaper delivered to the house (which is very far from everything), either. Oh, and the house phone doesn't ring although I can call out and I have no cell phone service here. Except upstairs at night if I am very careful. On the other hand, I eat well and my husband and I have fun watching DVDs and videos. If I cannot read most of the board, I will do it Sunday when I am back to Connecticut! I have radio in my car, so I know things such as that Conor Lamb won.

Love to all,
Deb

Hi Deb! Hope you enjoy your respite from the internet and we are thinking of you and sending hugs your way. And when you get back there will be a new gold treat for you in your gold thread. If I can find it that is lol. I am having some difficulty finding it this morning to share the pic. But I will persist. Enjoy your time in Virginia!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meeting TR's (i.e., the new boyfriend's) kids tomorrow for the first first time.

#TERRIFIED!!!

:errrr:

Two boys, 8 and 10. I'm going up to babysit, but they won't know I'm the girlfriend. The plan is for me to be there before they get up because TR is leaving early in the morning. That's also good because they won't see us interact -- kids pick up on so much. I only have to keep them alive until 1:00 when I will then drop them at a play date, and TR will pick them up around 5:00 when he gets back. Please god, don't let me--or them--burn the house down...

The goal here is to give us a chance to meet without all the "dad's new girlfriend" pressure. I think TR is more afraid of me bolting once I meet the kids than of the kids not liking me. I mean, what's not to like, right? :cheeky: (I kid, I kid!)

Would it be in bad form to show up with a cup of coffee in one hand and a bottle of prosecco in the other? :lol:

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I spent 6 hours at Urgent Care today in great pain to find out I have a kidney stone. I was told to take Ibuprofen and to lay off the Urethra Franklin music.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay Haha, you’ll be fine! So let me understand. You are pretending to be a babysitter? Why not just be what you are...their dad’s friend. How do you go on from tomorrow? ”oh we forgot to tell you...”. 8 & 10 year olds are smarter than you think. Won’t they feel mislead and possibly hold it against you when they learn the truth? Sorry, I know you are freaked and these situations can be tricky, but maybe just be you, their dads friend and take it from there. Anywho...good luck Dee! :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meeting TR's (i.e., the new boyfriend's) kids tomorrow for the first first time.

#TERRIFIED!!!

:errrr:

Two boys, 8 and 10. I'm going up to babysit, but they won't know I'm the girlfriend. The plan is for me to be there before they get up because TR is leaving early in the morning. That's also good because they won't see us interact -- kids pick up on so much. I only have to keep them alive until 1:00 when I will then drop them at a play date, and TR will pick them up around 5:00 when he gets back. Please god, don't let me--or them--burn the house down...

The goal here is to give us a chance to meet without all the "dad's new girlfriend" pressure. I think TR is more afraid of me bolting once I meet the kids than of the kids not liking me. I mean, what's not to like, right? :cheeky: (I kid, I kid!)

Would it be in bad form to show up with a cup of coffee in one hand and a bottle of prosecco in the other? :lol:

Wow. Huh?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay Haha, you’ll be fine! So let me understand. You are pretending to be a babysitter? Why not just be what you are...their dad’s friend. How do you go on from tomorrow? 8 & 10 year olds can deal better than you think. Won’t they feel mislead and possibly hold it against you when they learn the truth? Sorry, I know you are freaked and these situations can be tricky, but maybe just be you, their dads friend and take it from there. Anywho...good luck Dee! :wavey:

Yeah... but at this point I'm going with the plan, as admittedly hairbrained as it might be. That being said, I'm not *entirely* sure how we make the transition from Babysitter to Girlfriend...

I can just imagine it now: "Mommmmm... Dad's banging our babysitter!"

:shock:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah... but at this point I'm going with the plan, as admittedly hairbrained as it might be. That being said, I'm not *entirely* sure how we make the transition from Babysitter to Girlfriend...

I can just imagine it now: "Mommmmm... Dad's banging our babysitter!"

:shock:

Haha!! Exactly! :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is also a possibility that I might meet these kids and it all becomes Very Very Real. Real in a way that Dee is not cool with. And then, frankly, I'm out. I mean -- I have to be, right? It's not fair to TR, or the kids, to keep doing this if I'm not serious about it. Ugh. So much angst right now...

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is also a possibility that I might meet these kids and it all becomes Very Very Real. Real in a way that Dee is not cool with. And then, frankly, I'm out. I mean -- I have to be, right? It's not fair to TR, or the kids, to keep doing this if I'm not serious about it. Ugh. So much angst right now...
So...you know he has kids. What makes it a deal breaker? What’s the determining factor for getting out? Like if they are little shits? Hey tomorrow is St. Patrick’s Day. Maybe a little Irish Whisky in that morning coffee isn’t a bad idea!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results