shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata -- Wall mount is a must have with the cats!

Casualties this month in our house: 1 interior door, the trim & frame around another interior door, 1 set of window blinds, 1 dog beg, 1 backyard gate.
Love the dogs but yikes! The good news is they are chilling out. Getting mellower by the day!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Casualties this month in our house: 1 interior door, the trim & frame around another interior door, 1 set of window blinds, 1 dog beg, 1 backyard gate.
Love the dogs but yikes! The good news is they are chilling out. Getting mellower by the day!

Gosh we are lucky with our kitties then..no wall mounted TVs here. But they are destructive in many other ways haha. Glad your sweeties are mellowing a bit more each day @TooPatient.:appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:Did you do the smudging?

No it wasn't delivered yet. Amazon is late darn it. But when it arrives I will be smudging away.:bigsmile: Thanks for telling me about smudging. Before you I thought smudging was something eye makeup did when wet. :lol:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh we are lucky with our kitties then..no wall mounted TVs here. But they are destructive in many other ways haha. Glad your sweeties are mellowing a bit more each day @TooPatient.:appl:

Spoke too soon. Add another door frame & trim to that list. Need a whole new frame once we get him chilled out more. Plus sheetrock again.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The Demon never chewed up anything (although he bit the hell out of anyone that crossed his path -- including me!). His brother Oscar however was fond of wood as a puppy. He ate the door to my office and the door frame surrounding it, the bottom hardwood stair, the trim going up the stairs, the baseboard leading to the garage, and the entryway table from the bottom up. Gave the phrase Sh!tting Logs a whole new meaning. Crazy damn dog.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His brother Oscar however was fond of wood as a puppy. He ate the door to my office and the door frame surrounding it, the bottom hardwood stair, the trim going up the stairs, the baseboard leading to the garage, and the entryway table from the bottom up.

Our Golden Retriever ate the window sill in our kitchen when she was a puppy, but my husband (who tended to flip out) didn't mind because we were moving out of that house. When we moved into our new house she ate the bottom of the kitchen cabinets and he said we had to get rid of her. Luckily she was 7 months by then. (I still remember her age 37 or 38 years later. I must have been traumatized by his threats!) So she stopped chewing on everything. From then on she just brought us everything, as Goldens do, so that we always had slippers and shoes in the living room. She didn't have a destructive bent, though. ;))

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of the spindles on our staircases show doberman gnaw marks. Puppies...so cute, yet so annoying.

I wish our power would come back on, but with all the downed trees and power lines that won't be happening any time soon.sad :((

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of the spindles on our staircases show doberman gnaw marks. Puppies...so cute, yet so annoying.

I wish our power would come back on, but with all the downed trees and power lines that won't be happening any time soon.sad :((

Oh, I'm sorry your power is out!
Hopefully, you're all safe and have a wood fireplace or some other means of staying warm.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The trail of carnage is long as we've had many dogs. One took down a trellis panel, a door frame and a fence board. The board hit our elderly neighbour on the head. This was both funny and not funny. She took it well. Then various pieces of furniture (leather chair, armoire plinth, dresser bottom and the spindles on kitchen chairs. I still love dogs. I find less damage with 3 dogs because I think they keep each other occupied.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The trail of carnage is long as we've had many dogs. One took down a trellis panel, a door frame and a fence board. The board hit our elderly neighbour on the head. This was both funny and not funny. She took it well. Then various pieces of furniture (leather chair, armoire plinth, dresser bottom and the spindles on kitchen chairs. I still love dogs. I find less damage with 3 dogs because I think they keep each other occupied.

Yep! We have three. The good is that they bark less since they are too busy having fun together. They also run enough to keep my one guy's nails worn down so he isn't tearing them every few months. (Even with trimming this was an issue before the third came.)

They have LOTS of toys. Outdoor toys to play with outside. Fluffy stuffed toys of every sort to have in the house. Then they have heavy chewer safe toys to have in their room while we are gone.

More entertainment and good exercise makes for less house destroying.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot that our Golden leapt through our screen porch. I heard that once a dog did that, that it was never safe to him (her) on a screened in porch again, so I never did. It had been ideal up until then in good weather. She had a doggie door out to a securely fenced in area from the screen porch. I never left her alone there for long (she went to day care at my parents' house when I went to work!), but I would leave her there for a short period of time. Until the leap for freedom. From then on it was either inside the house or locked into the outside secure area. Dogs are a lot of work!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm sorry your power is out!
Hopefully, you're all safe and have a wood fireplace or some other means of staying warm.

Several years ago I persuaded my husband to buy a full house generator because it seemed like our power went out if there was so much as a stiff breeze. We've had this happen on several occasions. Without power, we have no water.....kind of inconvenient.:eek2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Several years ago I persuaded my husband to buy a full house generator because it seemed like our power went out if there was so much as a stiff breeze.
We've had this happen on several occasions. Without power, we have no water.....kind of inconvenient.:eek2:

Yes! After a week in the middle of winter with no heat, several years ago, we got a generator for this house (my father's house in Connecticut). Our house in Virginia, which has a well, has no generator, though. I don't live there anymore, however! (Actually, I am trying to get it onto the market.)

Deb :wavey:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so disgusted with toilet paper these days.
They are giving us less and less on the roll, and the prices keep going up.
Every brand has taken a whole inch away side to side. And the hole is twice as big as it used to be.
And the rolls have no weight to them at all, so you can tell there is much less paper on each one.
The manufacturers don't care, because it's a necessity, and they know you'll cave and fork out the money.
AARRGH!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sick of this damn snow!!!!!:evil:

Me too. Another storm is coming here this Wednesday. Cmon March... bring the spring weather already. :pray:

So we did our "smudging" yesterday. Haha it was fun and as a plus I liked the smell. Very pleasant. Greg humored me and went from room to room with me helping me "smudge".

smudging.jpg

In with the good spirits and calming healing vibes and positive energy. :halo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Several years ago I persuaded my husband to buy a full house generator because it seemed like our power went out if there was so much as a stiff breeze. We've had this happen on several occasions. Without power, we have no water.....kind of inconvenient.:eek2:

Aww sorry about your power @doberman and I hope it is back on. Yes we have a full house generac generator. After the first storm at our beach house and we lost power and had the basement flood (because the sump pumps don't work without power) I decided time for a generator. Best purchase we made IMO. It goes through a self weekly test so we know if there is a problem and so far knock wood since we got it we haven't lost power. I mean Sandy knocked power out for over 2 weeks in our neighborhood but we had power the whole time. We helped our neighbors and let them plug in to our power. Love our Generac.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! After a week in the middle of winter with no heat, several years ago, we got a generator for this house (my father's house in Connecticut). Our house in Virginia, which has a well, has no generator, though. I don't live there anymore, however! (Actually, I am trying to get it onto the market.)

Deb :wavey:

Good luck with your house sale Deb!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 Sometimes Costco has really good big roll toilet paper. It's an inconsistent find though. I should have bought more, but I have no storage. Same with paper towels. I go for the biggest rolls possible. Ever notice with both products they're just making the inner paper tube bigger. Argh!:evil2:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:(sad I don't feel well. Woke up early this am with tummy bubbles, and spent most of the time in and out of the bathroom. I feel like I've been punched in the stomach (right in the upper center), and checked my temp, low grade fever. Now to go to work today (yeah, I know :roll) I took meds but still feel awful. Here's the reason I went to work: last month my sister had her gallbladder out, two years ago my mom had hers out. Apparently this goes in the family. How crazy is it that I don't want to go to the er/urgent care? Part of me is scared that it will be my gallbladder (I've looked at all the symptoms, and they are very similar, just missing the pain up the back and the time after eating varies), then I'll have surgery. The other part is that I won't have it out and have a bill.... I also don't know if I want to go to the urgent care/er. It doesn't feel bad enough for er, but if I go to urgent care they may just send me to er. I'm just a whiner.... :/ The other part of me was hoping this would wait until spring break. I know I'm not irreplaceable at work, but with so much pressure on teachers and testing it is a concern.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry you're not feeling well CZ. How are you feeling today? I had a stomach virus/flu a couple of weeks ago that sounds similar to what you're experiencing...but that said, if you don't start feeling better soon, or get worse, you should get checked out. I hope you feel better very soon!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:(sad I don't feel well. Woke up early this am with tummy bubbles, and spent most of the time in and out of the bathroom. I feel like I've been punched in the stomach (right in the upper center), and checked my temp, low grade fever. Now to go to work today (yeah, I know :roll) I took meds but still feel awful. Here's the reason I went to work: last month my sister had her gallbladder out, two years ago my mom had hers out. Apparently this goes in the family. How crazy is it that I don't want to go to the er/urgent care? Part of me is scared that it will be my gallbladder (I've looked at all the symptoms, and they are very similar, just missing the pain up the back and the time after eating varies), then I'll have surgery. The other part is that I won't have it out and have a bill.... I also don't know if I want to go to the urgent care/er. It doesn't feel bad enough for er, but if I go to urgent care they may just send me to er. I'm just a whiner.... :/ The other part of me was hoping this would wait until spring break. I know I'm not irreplaceable at work, but with so much pressure on teachers and testing it is a concern.

Aww, I am so sorry @Cozystitches! I hope you are feeling better today. Sending you healing vibes and gentle hugs. If you aren't feeling better or suspect anything more serious is going on please get to the ER. Don't take a chance. Make sure you are OK. Please. Work is not more important than your health and remember you need to be healthy to do all the good work you are doing. So take good care of yourself!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cozystitches I hope you get it checked out. Sometimes pancreatitis can mimic gallbladder issues and vice versa. Bloodwork would rule that out/in. Hope you are feeling better. Take care.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@junebug, @missy, & @lyra thanks for your concerns. I feel better today, but still not 100%. I'm still afraid to eat much. :/ I slept a lot yesterday after work which helped. I am taking it easy today and hopefully will be 100% tomorrow. I am also researching doctors as I don't have one and probably need to be seen anyway....:roll Its only been 11 years...:oops:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you're feeling a little better today CZ, that's a good sign...It took me about 5 days to return to a normal appetite when I had that stomach thing so hang in there. Hopefully you'll feel even better tomorrow!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results