shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning one of the cats jumped into the TV cabinet and knocked over the 2 month old TV and broke out the back of the cabinet. New TV is being mounted to the wall as I type. DH is not going to be happy to hear this when he gets home from work.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to those who gave me virtual hugs and encouragement to take it easy and find ways to de-stress. The talk with SO went fabulously and he took over 1/3 of the items off of my list for him to take care of. I told him I realized that a lot of the stress was my fault because I'm the one who has been saying "yes" to doing these things, but at the same time he hadn't been stepping in or volunteering to do things that needed to get done (which he totally agreed with and apologized).

Anyway, he's been working on his list this past week and you know what? Not only do *I* feel better because there's less for me to do but HE feels better because he's now responsible for some pretty major decisions we have to make (plus he also knows that his taking care of those things is helping me to not stress as much).

By the time we'd had the talk though I'd reached a point where I knew I needed to unwind. I was finding it too hard to concentrate on everything that needed to get done while being surrounded by people and things that kept vying for my attention. I'm blessed to have a dear friend with a lake house that's about 3 hours from where I live so I asked if I could borrow it for a few days this week to get away from it all. She said sure, so here I sit at the kitchen table with this as my current view :kiss2:

IMG_7279.JPG

I'm still busy working on everything that needs attention, but it is SO much easier to do it in this quiet and solitude :love::love::love:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to those who gave me virtual hugs and encouragement to take it easy and find ways to de-stress. The talk with SO went fabulously and he took over 1/3 of the items off of my list for him to take care of. I told him I realized that a lot of the stress was my fault because I'm the one who has been saying "yes" to doing these things, but at the same time he hadn't been stepping in or volunteering to do things that needed to get done (which he totally agreed with and apologized).

Anyway, he's been working on his list this past week and you know what? Not only do *I* feel better because there's less for me to do but HE feels better because he's now responsible for some pretty major decisions we have to make (plus he also knows that his taking care of those things is helping me to not stress as much).

By the time we'd had the talk though I'd reached a point where I knew I needed to unwind. I was finding it too hard to concentrate on everything that needed to get done while being surrounded by people and things that kept vying for my attention. I'm blessed to have a dear friend with a lake house that's about 3 hours from where I live so I asked if I could borrow it for a few days this week to get away from it all. She said sure, so here I sit at the kitchen table with this as my current view :kiss2:

IMG_7279.JPG

I'm still busy working on everything that needs attention, but it is SO much easier to do it in this quiet and solitude :love::love::love:

Wonderful news! :appl:

What a great SO!
What a perfect lake house and terrific friend; a quiet location makes it so much easier to tackle to-do's.

Good for you for speaking up.
We can be the architects of our problems, taking on more than we should.

Few issues are truly 'life or death' matters. Try to keep things in perspective. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning one of the cats jumped into the TV cabinet and knocked over the 2 month old TV and broke out the back of the cabinet. New TV is being mounted to the wall as I type. DH is not going to be happy to hear this when he gets home from work.

Ugh sorry Matata. Hope your dh wasn't too aggravated and luckily nobody was injured. Hope the wall mounting works out well.

IMG_7279.JPG

Yay @ILikeShiny so glad you are having a respite from the stress of life and enjoy a wonderful time at that lovely lake house. What a gorgeous view and what a wonderful friend. Enjoy!

So you cannot make this stuff up. No siree bob. Well our Dacor range broke about 2 weeks ago and the repairman couldn't fix it because the parts are no longer made. We got it in 2004. Anyway no big deal. I do a little research and find a decent range that won't break the bank. Great reviews and decent appearance. Samsung gas slide in range. Great.

I ask my dh will it fit and he says yes they're standard sizes no problem. OK and he does measure. I think we are in business. We order and have some difficulty as we are in a NYC coop and the rules are challenging for deliveries and the store is nervous because they need so much paperwork and insurance yada yada yada. We get that sorted out and yay can get it in a few days. That's today.

Fast forward to today. The delivery men come and guess what? Wont fit. Why? Because ranges are just a bit wider now than they were a decade ago. Plus our granite cutout is different as you go further back on either edge to fit our custom Dacor all those years ago. An offset if you will. Wider at the front and narrower at the back. So while the opening my dh measured fit the new range further down it does not. My dh didn't realize the measurements changed as you go further back. OK, not a tragedy and we can fix this. Just need to get a granite cutter to cut 1/4" on each side of the granite. LOL.

Cannot make this stuff up. I call the place we got the granite island and counters in 2003/4 and they give me a name and number and I call that number and speak with Giuseppe (sounds like a capable granite cutter right?) fingers crossed he is coming tomorrow and hopefully he can solve this problem. Fingers crossed! OMG can you believe it? So we have the range in our kitchen sticking out quite a bit. Hahaha wanna see?

That's our sweet super in the background and my dh's back to us. Two of my favorite guys. I texted the super as soon as I realized there was an issue. Yeah it doesn't fit. But don't they look cute inspecting why. Hahaha.:whistle:
rangedoesntfit.jpg

I sure hope I don't have to live with it like this. Something about it just feels off.:lol:
ovendoesntfit.jpg

So tomorrow Guiseppe is hopefully coming as promised. And hopefully he can do the job right. Please let this g smoothly. :pray:
And thanks for reading my very long winded explanation.

Oh and thanks to my good friend's recommendation I ordered sage and am doing a smudging tomorrow as soon as the sage is delivered to get all the negative stuff out and bring the good stuff in...cmon sage do your work.:halo:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sure hope I don't have to live with it like this. Something about it just feels off.:lol:

No, it looks just fine. :P2

Made me think of how for window blinds you're to take measurements at the top, middle, and bottom of the inside frame. People aren't the only things that vary! :mrgreen2:

Hope the smudging and Guiseppe do the job!

Nice-looking stove, by the way!
Personally, I avoid using stoves -- operation of heavy equipment should be left to men; stoves, vacuums, washers and dryers, etc. ;)2

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, no! Maybe getting another cat will keep your guy entertained so he doesn't have to use your TV as a cat toy. Was it Atticus?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, no! Maybe getting another cat will keep your guy entertained so he doesn't have to use your TV as a cat toy. Was it Atticus?
No way would I keep my insanity intact if I added another cat. Four is 3 too many as it is :mrgreen2: And yes it was Atticus @december-fire. That cat is a money pit. I've spent 2x more on house repairs and equipment replacement than I spent to buy the cat. But he's cute, so he survives.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh sorry Matata. Hope your dh wasn't too aggravated and luckily nobody was injured. Hope the wall mounting works out well.

Yay @ILikeShiny so glad you are having a respite from the stress of life and enjoy a wonderful time at that lovely lake house. What a gorgeous view and what a wonderful friend. Enjoy!

So you cannot make this stuff up. No siree bob. Well our Dacor range broke about 2 weeks ago and the repairman couldn't fix it because the parts are no longer made. We got it in 2004. Anyway no big deal. I do a little research and find a decent range that won't break the bank. Great reviews and decent appearance. Samsung gas slide in range. Great.

I ask my dh will it fit and he says yes they're standard sizes no problem. OK and he does measure. I think we are in business. We order and have some difficulty as we are in a NYC coop and the rules are challenging for deliveries and the store is nervous because they need so much paperwork and insurance yada yada yada. We get that sorted out and yay can get it in a few days. That's today.

Fast forward to today. The delivery men come and guess what? Wont fit. Why? Because ranges are just a bit wider now than they were a decade ago. Plus our granite cutout is different as you go further back on either edge to fit our custom Dacor all those years ago. An offset if you will. Wider at the front and narrower at the back. So while the opening my dh measured fit the new range further down it does not. My dh didn't realize the measurements changed as you go further back. OK, not a tragedy and we can fix this. Just need to get a granite cutter to cut 1/4" on each side of the granite. LOL.

Cannot make this stuff up. I call the place we got the granite island and counters in 2003/4 and they give me a name and number and I call that number and speak with Giuseppe (sounds like a capable granite cutter right?) fingers crossed he is coming tomorrow and hopefully he can solve this problem. Fingers crossed! OMG can you believe it? So we have the range in our kitchen sticking out quite a bit. Hahaha wanna see?

That's our sweet super in the background and my dh's back to us. Two of my favorite guys. I texted the super as soon as I realized there was an issue. Yeah it doesn't fit. But don't they look cute inspecting why. Hahaha.:whistle:
rangedoesntfit.jpg

ovendoesntfit.jpg

So tomorrow Guiseppe is hopefully coming as promised. And hopefully he can do the job right. Please let this g smoothly. :pray:
And thanks for reading my very long winded explanation.

Oh and thanks to my good friend's recommendation I ordered sage and am doing a smudging tomorrow as soon as the sage is delivered to get all the negative stuff out and bring the good stuff in...cmon sage do your work.:halo:

Sorry about all this inconvenience Missy - good luck with both the smudging and the oven!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about all this inconvenience Missy - good luck with both the smudging and the oven!

Thank you sweet @junebug17! I found it more amusing than upsetting but if the granite cutter cannot make this fit today I might not be so amused. Fingers crossed!

No, it looks just fine. :P2

Made me think of how for window blinds you're to take measurements at the top, middle, and bottom of the inside frame. People aren't the only things that vary! :mrgreen2:

Hope the smudging and Guiseppe do the job!

Nice-looking stove, by the way!
Personally, I avoid using stoves -- operation of heavy equipment should be left to men; stoves, vacuums, washers and dryers, etc. ;)2

Haha a girl after my own heart @december-fire. I don't use the stove. Or oven. Or any heavy equipment. That is Greg's job. :sun: When the range arrived yesterday and the men hooked it up to the gas and Greg tried it he was very pleased and said he will be able to grill some very delicious vegetables for me on this new range. It apparently gets much hotter than our Dacor did. Let's just hope we can put it in that range spot because it is a little bulky where it is.:lol: Our Dacor was much prettier IMO but this is supposed to be a better oven. We will see.

I thought I had a genius idea yesterday when the men delivered the range and we realized it wouldn't fit. I said I bet WD-40 would do the job. They didnt think it was a genius idea. Hahaha. WD-40 is miraculous stuff don't you agree?8) But I guess for this job it just won't work. Oh well.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I had a genius idea yesterday when the men delivered the range and we realized it wouldn't fit. I said I bet WD-40 would do the job. They didnt think it was a genius idea. Hahaha. WD-40 is miraculous stuff don't you agree?8) But I guess for this job it just won't work. Oh well.

OMG Missy, I'm laughing so hard! Yes, WD-40 IS miraculous... but the laws of physics still apply, even in your kitchen (to badly paraphrase my absolute favorite line from My Cousin Vinny). :lol:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Missy, I'm laughing so hard! Yes, WD-40 IS miraculous... but the laws of physical still apply, even in your kitchen (to badly paraphrase my absolute favorite line from My Cousin Vinny). :lol:

Laughter is the best medicine Dee so yes please go ahead. I have been laughing myself at this situation. I would rather laugh than cry right? Wish you were here laughing with me in person. I sure could use a cocktail right now. Is 9:12 AM too early for a tequila straight up no salt? :lickout:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/057501de-08c7-41aa-8a08-f95c9d8f149c

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laughter is the best medicine Dee so yes please go ahead. I have been laughing myself at this situation. I would rather laugh than cry right? Wish you were here laughing with me in person. I sure could use a cocktail right now. Is 9:12 AM too early for a tequila straight up no salt? :lickout:

NEVER to early, especially when used for medicinal purposes, which this definitely qualifies for under the mental health category!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NEVER to early, especially when used for medicinal purposes, which this definitely qualifies for under the mental health category!

Haha yes! And I added the quote I think you are referring to from "My Cousin Vinny". Love that movie.:bigsmile:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata - so sorry to hear about your TV and glad its the back that broke and not the front (lemon/lemonade?) But also, this is a great heads up
because I want to get a new stand for the TV. The one we have now is surrounded by the stand and wont let the cats get behind. The new one
will allow the cats to get up right next to it. Thinking now that we should hang it on the wall above the stand just to be sure. Going to mention
this one to my DH. Oh gosh, I just remembered you have the Savannah/Bengal (?) kitties that are extra big and extra rambunctious. Maybe I
dont need to worry as much...still going to bring it up to DH though.

Missy...who would have ever though that a stove would not be the same size all the way back? Fingers crossed that Giuseppe is as talented as
his name leads me to believe!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tyty333 Guiseppe came through for us. Woohoo. Success. I watched the whole thing from start to finish. Took a long time about an hour. And our super and handyman graciously kept me company as greg couldn’t be here this morning as he’s teaches Thursdays. I got video and it was cool.

Can’t share video but will share some still pics.

After all the cutting and measuring and remeasuring.

CB24F565-4048-420A-83B9-E7ADD0C84126.jpeg

FE7AFFA0-64BC-44E3-A5C2-E57CA9E43C88.jpeg

Will it fit?
Drumroll please...

Yes it fits!
2C88556F-0195-4025-B558-86C5DC21A023.jpeg

:appl:

Now just waiting for my DH to come home and try it out. Please let it work. :pray:

Attachments

• 8C14A9A0-8AE9-46CF-98B1-D97A80F548CA.jpeg
    8C14A9A0-8AE9-46CF-98B1-D97A80F548CA.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 942BFD73-BEE2-4124-AF0C-49C994B78BF3.jpeg
    942BFD73-BEE2-4124-AF0C-49C994B78BF3.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 14

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata - so sorry to hear about your TV and glad its the back that broke and not the front (lemon/lemonade?) But also, this is a great heads up
because I want to get a new stand for the TV. The one we have now is surrounded by the stand and wont let the cats get behind. The new one
will allow the cats to get up right next to it. Thinking now that we should hang it on the wall above the stand just to be sure. Going to mention
this one to my DH. Oh gosh, I just remembered you have the Savannah/Bengal (?) kitties that are extra big and extra rambunctious. Maybe I
dont need to worry as much...still going to bring it up to DH though.
@tyty333 even if your cat shows no interest in the TV, I think using something like earthquake strapping to anchor it to the wall (if you don't mount it on wall) is a good idea for peace of mind against unanticipated "oops" situations.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy...it looks great! So glad it was a "simple" fix! Yay Guiseppe!!!:appl:

Matata - you're probably right because not only do I have the cats I have 2 teenage kids that like to rumble on occasion! :eek2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata - you're probably right because not only do I have the cats I have 2 teenage kids that like to rumble on occasion!
Oy. Atticus hasn't learned his lesson or else he just enjoys breaking stuff. This is a pic from this morning. TV is now anchored to the wall but he's still trying to pull it down and now is fascinated with the wires which he couldn't see before. I can't wait to get the rear panel reinstalled in front of the TV so his access is totally blocked. I'm fortunate to have a friend with the tools and the skills to cut out an opening for the TV.
tv stand.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oy. Atticus hasn't learned his lesson or else he just enjoys breaking stuff. This is a pic from this morning. TV is now anchored to the wall but he's still trying to pull it down and now is fascinated with the wires which he couldn't see before. I can't wait to get the rear panel reinstalled in front of the TV so his access is totally blocked. I'm fortunate to have a friend with the tools and the skills to cut out an opening for the TV.
tv stand.jpg

Awwww Atticus. What a mischievous little sweetie. :lol: :love: Anytime you need a break @Matata don’t forget his Auntie Missy is ready willing and able to have Atticus come for a visit with his kitty cousins aka the “mutts” haha. :kiss:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anytime you need a break @Matata don’t forget his Auntie Missy is ready willing and able to have Atticus come for a visit with his kitty cousins aka the “mutts” haha.
Unfortunately, F1s (F1s through F4s actually) are illegal in New York City so he would have to come to your beach house in which case I would have to accompany him so he wouldn't get too homesick.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, F1s (F1s through F4s actually) are illegal in New York City so he would have to come to your beach house in which case I would have to accompany him so he wouldn't get too homesick.

Deal!!!:appl:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tv stand.jpg

My money's on the cat.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My money's on the cat.
Yep. I knew I was in trouble when, one night when I was in bed reading, he opened the tool drawer in the kitchen and brought me a hammer. If he had thumbs, he'd be really scary.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep. I knew I was in trouble when, one night when I was in bed reading, he opened the tool drawer in the kitchen and brought me a hammer. If he had thumbs, he'd be really scary.

Wow!
If he had thumbs, he'd be able to fix the stuff he destroys. ;)2

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had no idea! You and my best friend, who has "Malamutes", some of which are actually wolf hybrids and wolves are in similar positions. She is always concerned about what state she is in!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FFF expletive I'm still awake and now I'm hungry :( 6:17AM

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FFF expletive I'm still awake and now I'm hungry :( 6:17AM

Aww (((HUGS))) to you dear Pinto. And this is for you. A big cuddly Costco teddy bear. :love:

missywithcostcoteddybear.jpg
and some cuddly kittens. XOXO.

cuddlykittens.jpg

Just finishing my coffee and will ring you (haha ring you) soon.:kiss:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea! You and my best friend, who has "Malamutes", some of which are actually wolf hybrids and wolves are in similar positions. She is always concerned about what state she is in!
Options for places to live can be limiting when you have certain types of pets. When cheeto won the election, I started seriously looking at other countries to move to and was quickly discouraged by the choices. Even in countries where high generation SVs are permitted, the paperwork and other requirements is daunting.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! Our electrician Jamie narrowly missed being crushed by a tree on our property. He texted us and Greg's talking with him now. He heard a snap and ran and bam the tree at the base of the driveway broke. How scary! Thank goodness he is A OK. Not only is he a good electrician he's a very nice guy. :!:
March really is coming in like a lion.

treebroke.jgp.jpg

#inaninstant #closecall

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
March really is coming in like a lion.
Is your beach house in the path of the bomb cyclone due to hit the east coast?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results