shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the duration of the reno, you have to stay elsewhere -- hotels, jewellery stores, somewhere.
I wish but I'm settling for an air mattress in the office. He's squeamish about the whole prey diet I feed the cats and won't feed them. This, from a person whose bathroom is a hazardous waste site; this, from a person who is a pediatrician and sees gross things in babies diapers and dripping out of their every orifice; this person can't throw a quail down on the floor to feed a cat.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He blows his nose in the sink and doesn't rinse it; detritus from tooth flossing is stuck all over the mirror; hair hair everywhere; toilet -- I'd rather dig a hole in the backyard and am considering using the port-a-potty the reno crew will be using. I make him clean it before the housekeeper comes because it's inhumane to subject anyone to the grossness. His idea of clean is not mine so I clean after he does. The first time I went to his condo when we were dating, he had sentient algae growing on the walls of the bathroom. One shouldn't have to arm oneself with a flamethrower to enter the bathroom :D

You have other help, right? Cats?:bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First post on this thread but feeling stressed and need to let it out.

I'm in the final six weeks of obtaining my next advanced cert in my profession and am losing steam (it's a one-year master's level course). The work and focus required is demanding and while I love it I really need a break :confused2:

We're building a house and pretty much all of the decisions are falling on me, both because I'm the one good at decorating and he's super busy with work. While I'm grateful for the ability to do what we're about to do, it's still stressful, especially since we need to nail down all major decisions in the first 30-60 days. I think I also hate when I do all the work, come to a decision, and then sometimes he doesn't quite agree so it's back to the drawing board. He's absolutely willing to pitch in, but his time is so limited that I feel guilty asking (and then reminding, because invariably he'll forget). And it's a MF'ing expensive house so I'm Scared To Death that I'll make a decision that I'm going to regret once I see it "live". I mean, choosing colors and patterns off of small sample sizes is HARD. I literally wake up with heart palpitations sometimes.

I'm finishing planning our wedding. It's around three months until we leave (destination wedding) and the little things are creeping up... music selections, info for the officiant, readings for the ceremony, choosing/ordering invitations, final small details, etc etc etc. Again, all on me. Have deposits been paid? How do we get our attire there? Do we have welcome bags? Is the day-after brunch set to go? What's the final menu? What time(s) are the FOUR legal appointments we need to attend? Oh, and we still need to write our vows. Uuuuuugh....

I'm running my business, taking on new clients, and even expanding in to some consulting work. I love what I do but feel like it's being slightly neglected because of the other commitments. No one is complaining; I'm just a perfectionist and don't feel like I'm at my best.

We've got a puppy who is now five months old and a ball of energy. Enough said. Oh, we're adding his Mom to our household too in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that will be a help with his energy but it will also be another dog to train/watch after.

Have I mentioned the daily migraines?

Sigh............

(((HUGS))) and lots of good luck vibes being sent your way @ILikeShiny. One day at a time and deep breaths. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I have to write this somewhere before I burst. I'm so tired of my coworkers telling me so and so have found a cure for cancer and I must go on this and that diet. So frustrating. I think they mean well, but I am sick and tired of hearing about this Dr. Zse or Z and how many people he cured. As if that is not maddening enough, they have told me to stop giving my son edamame because it will make him gay and feminine. (he eats a handful every few weeks!) Then they proceed to make fun of gay stereotypes. It was so offensive and I had to tell them to leave my room and close my doors. I am happy that they are eating better, buying whatever non-gmo, diary free, meat free, organic, gluten free stuff package crap they want but it doesn't give them the right to judge or try to humiliate me with my choices. I eat mostly a south East Asian diet, rice in every meal (working on reducing), pickles, raw veggies, fish and very little meat (because I didn't grow up eating it regularly). Even after gaining 20 pounds I'm still at a healthy weight limit (115), I walk several miles a day. I do indulge in chocolates and the occasional cookie. I'm sure I can do better. Sorry, I am just so frustrated to hear accusations that my diet and/or miscarriages have caused my breast cancer. I like to think they mean well, but it's so offensive and hurtful. I don't know if I am extra sensitive because it's that time and I have a cold or allergies. Is there such a thing as food bullying? Or life style bullying? I feel guilty enough that my kids don't eat as much vegetables as recommended., ahh! I need to go run up the stairs or something.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww @dizzyakira I’m sorry you are dealing with small minded ignorant people at work. Sending you hugs and good wishes. And lots of healing dust.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dizzyakira ,

I'm so very sorry to hear about your miscarriages and breast cancer.
These co-workers are terrible and ignorant about the topics!
Your eating had nothing to do with your miscarriages or breast cancer!
Come up with a simple phrase such as 'Is there anything else? No? i have to get back to work - ask you to leave the office - whatever'.
Repeat the short phrase, word for word, if they try to get a response from you.
Don't engage.
Telling us your eating/walking habits is irrelevant and none of our business - it seemed like you were trying to defend or justify yourself. No need.
Your health is between you and your doctors.
Your son is an off-limits topic.

Sending hugs and prayers for good health.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies. I was feeling defensive and a bit off. I do think from time to time what I could have done different. Usually they don't get to me. I asked them to leave my office and I went for a short walk. I'm now feeling much better.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66, @Matata, @missy - Thanks for the notes. I woke up at 1:30 last night with my mind spinning of everything that needed to get done for us/household and decided to write it all down. FOURTY THREE items are on my list!! I decided I had to wake up SO to talk about it or I'd never get back to sleep. So I did and asked if we could talk at dinner tonight about all that there is to get done and divy up the list. He said "Absolutely, happy to do so", and then seamlessly drifted back off to sleep :whistle:. I, of course, was up until 4:30 still thinking about things! Stupid brain :confused2:

Thanks for the nudge to get him involved more and to focus on one day at a time. Time feels like it's flying so fast that it scares me with these looming deadlines, especially when I'm relying on others to do their part (um, helloooooo invitation designer?! Please get back to me with my proofs!!!!).

Anyway, thanks again!!! :kiss2:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies. I was feeling defensive and a bit off. I do think from time to time what I could have done different. Usually they don't get to me. I asked them to leave my office and I went for a short walk. I'm now feeling much better.

Not everything can be prevented.
If you find yourself wondering about whether these things were your fault, ask yourself if you would ever ask such a question of another person.
I'm sure you wouldn't, so treat yourself with the same kindness and compassion.

Continued prayers and good thoughts for you.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@december-fire Hugs! I've (thankfully) never broken anything so I can't relate, but I hope you heal quickly!!!
@ILikeShiny YIKES!!! Stress is no fun, I'm glad you are talking to your SO and can hopefully delegate. I totally understand about our brains not letting us sleep, especially when our other half just passes out effortlessly! :confused2:
@dizzyakira :( It sucks when people say unkind things like this. I try hard to not say stupid things like this to others, as I've seen what words can do. I'm thankful we have a place here to vent and can find support when needed.

As for me, I called Louis Vuitton today. Was very stressful, as their policy is no returns on jewelry. Thankfully, they did make an exception and the bracelet is now on its way back to them. It should be resolved in the next two weeks.

Throughout this process I've learned a few things. I had read a FB linked article (totally legit and everything! :confused2: :lol:) but it was talking about why people's resolutions fail. The article says that people have problems focusing, so the person who says they want to loose 10lbs AND save 10% fail at both because those are often their release valves (eating chocolates/going shopping). The person who focuses solely on saving the 10% can have other release valves and be successful because they are focusing on one thing. I saw this when I was going for my master's. I was FOCUSED on getting my degree (w/a 4.0) that most everything was set aside. Now, I did gain weight, and spent my fun $$ rather than saving, but I was successful. This stress with the bracelet has made me re-focus on what I really want.

Thank you all for your wise words of advice and listening to me. I know that I've been on this forum for years (shocking!) but have been more of a lurker for quite a while. Thank you for being there. Hugs to you all!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cozystitches , thanks - and so happy you are taking steps towards getting what makes you happy! :appl:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh December!!!

Can yo parlay this into some new piece of bling...?

"Ah... honey... I'd heal a lot faster if I had a diamond bracelet waiting to replace my cast..." ???

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh December!!!

Can yo parlay this into some new piece of bling...?

"Ah... honey... I'd heal a lot faster if I had a diamond bracelet waiting to replace my cast..." ???

You and @Matata are making me wonder why i didn't break my wrist sooner! :lol-2:
I bow before you, oh wise ones. :mrgreen2:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People need to practice minding their own business. Sorry you are subjected to people like that.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You and @Matata are making me wonder why i didn't break my wrist sooner! :lol-2:
I bow before you, oh wise ones. :mrgreen2:

Yeah, just don't go thinking you need a new NECKLACE if you're going to use this strategy! :cheeky:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
good point :lol-2: :lol-2: :lol-2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a bit icy today. :rolleyes:

IMG_5939.JPG

Oh no! So sorry december-fire, sending lots of good thoughts, hope you're not too uncomfortable and you heal quickly. Hugs to you!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He blows his nose in the sink and doesn't rinse it; detritus from tooth flossing is stuck all over the mirror; hair hair everywhere; toilet -- I'd rather dig a hole in the backyard and am considering using the port-a-potty the reno crew will be using. I make him clean it before the housekeeper comes because it's inhumane to subject anyone to the grossness. His idea of clean is not mine so I clean after he does. The first time I went to his condo when we were dating, he had sentient algae growing on the walls of the bathroom. One shouldn't have to arm oneself with a flamethrower to enter the bathroom :D

WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH NOT RINSING THE SINK?

My husband minimally, if I'm watching, will fake rinsing his sink (we have separate vanities/sinks THANK GOD).

I used to rag him for it. Now I just clean it at the end of the day. Its faster. For those out there who would tell me I'm being some kind of slave or servant for doing this, DH handles all the garbage in this house including what I generate, and he handles the Westies' poop receptacle also. He never complains about any of that. So I clean his sink out after he heads off to bed in the evening.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! So sorry december-fire, sending lots of good thoughts, hope you're not too uncomfortable and you heal quickly. Hugs to you!

@junebug17 , thank you!
Its a bit tender but no big deal, so no complaints. Spent yesterday afternoon reading a Library book. About to go back to it; its one of three due a week from tomorrow. Since i can't take photos for a while, i'll be able to get through these three books no problem! :mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 , thank you!
Its a bit tender but no big deal, so no complaints. Spent yesterday afternoon reading a Library book. About to go back to it; its one of three due a week from tomorrow. Since i can't take photos for a while, i'll be able to get through these three books no problem! :mrgreen2:

Sending you more healing dust and good wishes December-Fire. Enjoy your reading.:appl:

fairy%20dust.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no december-fire! So sorry to hear/see you took a fall. Sending positive healing vibes so you can get back to picture taking asap!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy , thanks! I'm grateful that its not as bad as the terrible injury you suffered while biking.

The man in my life took me out yesterday to pick up necessities; bird seed and suet for my backyard feeders, and ... 150 lindor chocolates. :shifty: :mrgreen2:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tyty333 , thanks! I'm (naively) optimistic that i'll figure out how to hold and operate my camera with my left hand once i can support weight on my cast.

The World really does design things for right-handed people, sometimes having left-handed options but not always.

Kudos to jewellery designers for their inclusive and non-discriminatory approach by creating jewellery for both right-handed and left-handed people! :mrgreen2: ;)2

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just have to share: Hubs complains about finding clothes that fit. Does he ask me to make him anything, no. I finally measure him for undies (cause he has issues finding those that fit too), make a pair, he complains. Now to be fair, he did not ask me to make anything, but still...:???: To make me feel better I finally printed out and made myself socks! :D 20180225_160403.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cozystitches LOVE your socks and that color is wow! Pinkalicous.:love:

@december-fire hope you are feeling well this AM and that your healing is progressing nicely. And yummm to chocolates. A definite necessity in life.:appl:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just ran around my house showing my family (who rolled their eyes at me)...so to allow you all to roll your eyes as well:

I MADE SOCKS! Again. ;-) But this time they are shorties, and they have actual heels and seem to fit better. :D I am very close to a 100% MEmade wardrobe. The only thing left: Bras :confused2: 20180227_201006 (1).jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cozystitches , You are so talented! I read your sewing machine thread also after I saw that you made socks. Sadly, my sister took my grandmother's old Singer that was perfect. I'm 100% sure she just sold it cheap for cash. :cry2: I used to like sewing. I can't do it anymore because of my arthritis. I also loved handstitching and counted cross-stitch.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lyra Bummer about the sewing. I also do handquilting and my hands get tired after a while. That's also the reason I don't knit tight things (socks, thick sweaters) with cotton. It just hurts too much. My mom used to do cross-stitch, but I got her into knitting. :D

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom was able to do everything: sew, crochet, knit, cross stitch. She taught me to sew and CS. I could just never get the hang of knitting or crocheting. I tried! :eek2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results