IMG_5939.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girlllllll!sad :(( Take care..

But...I gotta ask...did you get a choice on that Pantone (blue) color!:bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

This beauty is custom! :dance:
Went with fiberglass not plaster; the 'platinum' of cast material.
Had choice of diamond (white), amethyst (purple), or the sapphire that i chose.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photo's taken in mirror, but its my right wrist and, of course, i'm right-handed.
Chipped a nail trying to press shutter button with my left hand.
I'm not going to last 5-6 wks with this contraption. :wall:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This beauty is custom! :dance:
Went with fiberglass not plaster; the 'platinum' of cast material.
Had choice of diamond (white), amethyst (purple), or the sapphire that i chose.

Pretty! And pretty smart!:bigsmile:

Oooooofff. I all seriousness, healing vibes.

kind regards...Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photo's taken in mirror, but its my right wrist and, of course, i'm right-handed.
Chipped a nail trying to press shutter button with my left hand.
I'm not going to last 5-6 wks with this contraption.
Oh noes...how awful. Our premiere nature photographer is broken. I hope you heal fast. I heard that if you buy a new diamond and put it in the cast, the break will heal 5x faster.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! And pretty smart!:bigsmile:

Oooooofff. I all seriousness, healing vibes.

kind regards...Sharon

Thanks, Sharon.
Good news is i won't ramble in my posts, cause it takes forever to type with this @#%!# thing.
Bad news is not sure how i'll drive or take photos with it on. :cry2:

Slipped walking back to car after taking photos this morning - in the rain - that fell upon the ice. :naughty:
Better be one decent shot to make up for spending the - beautiful, sunny!!! - afternoon at the hospital.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh noes...how awful. Our premiere nature photographer is broken. I hope you heal fast. I heard that if you buy a new diamond and put it in the cast, the break will heal 5x faster.

Damn, @Matata , you're brilliant!!! Love you!!! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Excellent advice Matata. (I hate people who have excellent advice!):bigsmile::mrgreen2::P2 JK:cheeky:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Sharon.
Good news is i won't ramble in my posts, cause it takes forever to type with this @#%!# thing.

Slipped walking back to car after taking photos this morning - in the rain - that fell upon the ice. :naughty:
Better be one decent shot to make up for spending the - beautiful, sunny!!! - afternoon at the hospital.

No worries, despite my (silly) posts I get it. Rain, followed by snow (below average temps) makes walking, driving, living) challenging. The simplest things....

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent advice Matata. (I hate people who have excellent advice!)
I know, right? Almost makes me want to go out and break something to test the theory :lol-2:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Sharon.

Oh no! Heal quick and Sharon is right that is a lovely color. :lol:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my 3rd broken bone - always my right wrist.
Age 7, playing hide-and-seek.
Age 18, rollerblading (person behind me grabbed me because they were falling).
Age 60, photography.
Note the timeline - i dont think i'll break it again until about 120 yrs go by. :dance:
(Such a right-brainer that i started to calculate it)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, right? Almost makes me want to go out and break something to test the theory :lol-2:

I'd test your hypothesis (I'd say raise you one but you know how "it" works....lol) Oakgem has NICE stuff and on sale....:bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

No, no, allow me - already successfully completed step 1 of this scientific study. :mrgreen2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First post on this thread but feeling stressed and need to let it out.

I'm in the final six weeks of obtaining my next advanced cert in my profession and am losing steam (it's a one-year master's level course). The work and focus required is demanding and while I love it I really need a break :confused2:

We're building a house and pretty much all of the decisions are falling on me, both because I'm the one good at decorating and he's super busy with work. While I'm grateful for the ability to do what we're about to do, it's still stressful, especially since we need to nail down all major decisions in the first 30-60 days. I think I also hate when I do all the work, come to a decision, and then sometimes he doesn't quite agree so it's back to the drawing board. He's absolutely willing to pitch in, but his time is so limited that I feel guilty asking (and then reminding, because invariably he'll forget). And it's a MF'ing expensive house so I'm Scared To Death that I'll make a decision that I'm going to regret once I see it "live". I mean, choosing colors and patterns off of small sample sizes is HARD. I literally wake up with heart palpitations sometimes.

I'm finishing planning our wedding. It's around three months until we leave (destination wedding) and the little things are creeping up... music selections, info for the officiant, readings for the ceremony, choosing/ordering invitations, final small details, etc etc etc. Again, all on me. Have deposits been paid? How do we get our attire there? Do we have welcome bags? Is the day-after brunch set to go? What's the final menu? What time(s) are the FOUR legal appointments we need to attend? Oh, and we still need to write our vows. Uuuuuugh....

I'm running my business, taking on new clients, and even expanding in to some consulting work. I love what I do but feel like it's being slightly neglected because of the other commitments. No one is complaining; I'm just a perfectionist and don't feel like I'm at my best.

We've got a puppy who is now five months old and a ball of energy. Enough said. Oh, we're adding his Mom to our household too in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that will be a help with his energy but it will also be another dog to train/watch after.

Have I mentioned the daily migraines?

Sigh............

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We expect a detailed pictorial essay on the results.

But first, could we discuss this, over a cocktail? Preferably with no ice. :mrgreen2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But first, could we discuss this, over a cocktail? Preferably with no ice.
I love the way you think. I'm going to need a lot of cocktails soon because when the master bath reno starts in April, I have to share a bathroom with DH and that room could qualify as a superfund site :(2

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
(((@ILikeShiny))) Keep your chin up and think good thoughts of all the excitement you have coming up. We are with you! One step at a time.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a bit icy today. :rolleyes:

IMG_5939.JPG

Oh sheesh! That's awful! So sorry! Feel well and I hope these weeks until being sprung from that contraption and spring come quickly for you! :kiss2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First post on this thread but feeling stressed and need to let it out.
Your plate is not just full, it's overflowing. Xanax might help if you start having anxiety/panic attacks. That happened to me when I took on a load similar to yours.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your plate is not just full, it's overflowing. Xanax might help if you start having anxiety/panic attacks. That happened to me when I took on a load similar to yours.

@ILikeShiny , and a new diamond. :whistle:

Please take this very seriously - you might be doing damage to your health with everything you're dealing with right now.
Your DH is busy, but so are you. Can the 2 of you try to figure out how to tackle things - not just have you do so much.
Can anyone help with stuff - best man or maid of honour, family, friends?
Try to remember that not everything is permanent - paint can be changed and is not a matter or right versus wrong colour.
Try to take a few minutes to breathe, and delegate if possible, keep things in perspective, etc.

Sending hugs

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the way you think. I'm going to need a lot of cocktails soon because when the master bath reno starts in April, I have to share a bathroom with DH and that room could qualify as a superfund site :(2

Nooooooo!!! :eek-2: :eek-2: :eek-2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nooooooo!!! :eek-2: :eek-2: :eek-2:
He blows his nose in the sink and doesn't rinse it; detritus from tooth flossing is stuck all over the mirror; hair hair everywhere; toilet -- I'd rather dig a hole in the backyard and am considering using the port-a-potty the reno crew will be using. I make him clean it before the housekeeper comes because it's inhumane to subject anyone to the grossness. His idea of clean is not mine so I clean after he does. The first time I went to his condo when we were dating, he had sentient algae growing on the walls of the bathroom. One shouldn't have to arm oneself with a flamethrower to enter the bathroom :D

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He blows his nose in the sink and doesn't rinse it; detritus from tooth flossing is stuck all over the mirror; hair hair everywhere; toilet -- I'd rather dig a hole in the backyard and am considering using the port-a-potty the reno crew will be using. I make him clean it before the housekeeper comes because it's inhumane to subject anyone to the grossness. His idea of clean is not mine so I clean after he does. The first time I went to his condo when we were dating, he had sentient algae growing on the walls of the bathroom. One shouldn't have to arm oneself with a flamethrower to enter the bathroom :D

I don't understand the male species.
They have their entertainment value but, Good Lord, are there enough diamonds in the World to compensate for what you described????

For the duration of the reno, you have to stay elsewhere -- hotels, jewellery stores, somewhere.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results