shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOAH... wha??? The last movie I saw was Being John Malkovich. The closest thing to a vibrating chair was some kid kicking the back of mine. (Through. The. Whole. Damn. Movie.) Clearly things have *changed* since then...
It wasn't an "ADULT" movie theater bahahahhahhaa

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NERD ALERT!

A few years ago I had to send a jewelry item using registered parcel mail. If you've ever done this, you know registered packages can only be taped shut with paper tape.

Try as I might, I couldn't find paper tape in any local store. I took my plight up with the Post Office, and a sympathetic clerk gave me a foot or two of paper tape - the reinforced, wet-to-use kind - from their stash.

I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE PAPER TAPE. :love:

It does an incredible job of sealing cardboard boxes or paper-wrapped packages. It'll mold a bit to the shape of whatever you're wrapping. Once it's put on correctly and dries, it can't be peeled off - you have to cut it to get into the package. And, it's just fun to use. =)2

Well, yesterday I went to my local Staples store, and they're now carrying paper tape, in huge, 125-yard rolls! Reasonably priced, even! :appl:

I can't wait to prepare my Christmas packages for shipping! :lol:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the risk of being stoned to death, I just want to say:

Yesterday I took stock of the x-mas presents I've bought so far throughout the year...

Today I made a list of everything yet to be bought (with the exception of my father and his wife who can never get their act together until November -- argh!)...

Tonight I ordered a sh!t ton of stuff from the aforementioned list...

And this weekend I will begin wrapping it all...

HO HO HO!!!

Really, Dee*Jay? :nono:
Used to like you.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really, Dee*Jay? :nono:
Used to like you.

I sorry December Fire... :sick:

But if you need ideas -- or help wrapping! Dee loooooooves wrapping!!! -- I'm here for you! I have enough paper to pave the streets of Chicago and so much wide wire ribbon in various colors and patterns that I could circle the globe twice. Tell me when and where -- I'll show up with bells on... literally! (And an elf hat. Really!)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

But if you need ideas -- or help wrapping! Dee loooooooves wrapping!!! -- I'm here for you! I have enough paper to pave the streets of Chicago and so much wide wire ribbon in various colors and patterns that I could circle the globe twice. Tell me when and where -- I'll show up with bells on... literally! (And an elf hat. Really!)
Can you please provide us with a preview shot of you with bells and the elf hat?:whistle:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you please provide us with a preview shot of you with bells and the elf hat?:whistle:

Just for you my precious Bean, I will post an Elfie (:lol:) of myself in the hat when I get home tonight!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny elf story...
I was in Key Club in high school. We worked with Kiwanis to do Santa photos one year. I was one of the elves. Assigned costume was green skirt, red & white striped nylons, felt shoes, bells, etc.
I was also one of the sound techs for the auditioned choirs.
The choir had a paid performance at a black tie event that I had been told I didn't need to attend since the other guy was going. Day of the event (same day as Santa pictures), I was informed I had to go or get a failing class grade.

Yeah... So I went to the black tie event dressed as an elf.

I can laugh at it now!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_5063.JPG

Please forgive the puffy red nose and dazed expression. We will write those off to my cold and the cold meds respectively!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny elf story...
I was in Key Club in high school. We worked with Kiwanis to do Santa photos one year. I was one of the elves. Assigned costume was green skirt, red & white striped nylons, felt shoes, bells, etc.
I was also one of the sound techs for the auditioned choirs.
The choir had a paid performance at a black tie event that I had been told I didn't need to attend since the other guy was going. Day of the event (same day as Santa pictures), I was informed I had to go or get a failing class grade.

Yeah... So I went to the black tie event dressed as an elf.

I can laugh at it now!

This reminds me of my daughter's doing service when she was in middle school or high school. She was already embarrassed at dressing up like an elf for some Christmas event the school was pledged to help with. (Maybe it was the orchestra.) She had to go to something where there were adults and children and pass out programs (dressed as an elf). Of course, to me, she looked adorable. (Thin, beautiful teenager, nothing to be shy about in tights.) But one little girl took a hankering to her and followed her around. In the end she threw herself down and started to cry because she wanted to take the elf home. My daughter truly didn't know what to do until the child's mother intervened. ;))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_5063.JPG

Please forgive the puffy red nose and dazed expression. We will write those off to my cold and the cold meds respectively!

You look totally adorable, Dee*Jay!

Deb :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay - please tell Santa I've been nice and to send me bling.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Arkteia--how is your kitten? I hope she is well and that you could share a picture or 5 dozen here.:whistle:

cheers--Sharon

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my God, Dee! You're too funny. :lol-2:

Shopping and wrapping gifts with you would be hilarious!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stressed? Over just a simple quiz?

Yep!

One instructor gives review stuff and says other things can be included but NEVER anything covered the day before a quiz.

The instructor today?
Is lecturing on stuff now that we have never seen and going to hand out a quiz in 5 minutes covering this new material that she barely touched and isn't covered in the book.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh TP, that stinks! Sounds very unfair, just do the best you can and try not to worry too much!

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_5063.JPG

I....uh....need that hat!!! OMG is sooo cute!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taking a break tonight to sleep at home. DH admitted to hospital 2 days ago with acute pancreatitis out of the blue in the middle of the night. Ugh. He is so healthy on all his tests and doc can see no reason for it. She is telling him no alcohol ever again so he will not have a flare up. He was and still is in so much pain. Poor guy. Hopefully he can come home in the next couple of days. I hate hospitals but the people have been so nice.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was an amazing evening! Got to meet Phanie, Wink, and John Pollard at a talk given by Paul Sleger.

I had seen CBI stones in pictures, but never really saw the difference between them and other stones. Wow!!! The sparkle and fire they have is indescribable.

So much fun!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was an amazing evening! Got to meet Phanie, Wink, and John Pollard at a talk given by Paul Sleger.

I had seen CBI stones in pictures, but never really saw the difference between them and other stones. Wow!!! The sparkle and fire they have is indescribable.

So much fun!
Glad you had a good time. Now you know why I have two CBI diamonds. It was attending a Meet the Cutter event in CA that convinced me that I had to have one (even though I already had a pear ering).

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you had a good time. Now you know why I have two CBI diamonds. It was attending a Meet the Cutter event in CA that convinced me that I had to have one (even though I already had a pear ering).

The pictures just don't even begin to show how beautiful they are! I was expecting nice quality, but nothing like this. Even DH saw the difference and says I have to get one.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taking a break tonight to sleep at home. DH admitted to hospital 2 days ago with acute pancreatitis out of the blue in the middle of the night. Ugh. He is so healthy on all his tests and doc can see no reason for it. She is telling him no alcohol ever again so he will not have a flare up. He was and still is in so much pain. Poor guy. Hopefully he can come home in the next couple of days. I hate hospitals but the people have been so nice.

Oh Red -- you poor thing! And of course your DH too! I'm glad he's getting good care and that the people are nice.

As for him not drinking any more... :eek-2: Poor guy!!! But just remember, if you're on PS drinking with us, it's not drinking alone! :cheeky:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a different note, let me just say I have the a$$ of an alligator.

alligator-548155_640.jpg

It's hardly winter yet and my skin is so dry...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How awful for you guys....take care and healing vibes across the miles.....

kind regards Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh no, so sorry Redwood, sending lots of healing vibes to your husband. Very stressful and scary to see a loved one in pain, sending hugs to you. Glad you are giving yourself a break and getting some rest. I hope he starts feeling better very soon. Good to hear staff at the hospital is pleasant to deal with, that’s a help. My mother’s pancreatitis was due to gallstones, but I’m sure the docs have already tested for this.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 , adding my hugs and hoping for a full and speedy recovery for your DH.

As junebug said, its very stressful and scary to see a loved in pain.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. He actually ate a bit of real food today and maybe home tomorrow.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tell him pintobean says hi! :wavey:

Just realized I forgot to report back about our visit to ID Jewelry and meeting Yekutiel. He was super nice and had a lot of gorgeous inventory that was fun to try on. We didn't buy anything at the time (really hard to resist), but maybe DH will surprise me during the holidays. If not, he took some pictures of a sapphire and diamond ring and an emerald and diamond ring that were my favorites of the visit that we can ask for another time.

Yekutiel's eyes got wide and bright and he smiled big when I told him you said hello.

@Dee*Jay, love the hat and you look so cute in it.

@redwood66, I hope your husband feels better and gets out of the hospital soon. Sending healing dust his way and strength dust to both of you.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I need to take Database Management online and transfer the credit in. The chances of me passing this class are not quite none but pretty close.

I have given feedback to our program chair, advisory board, and whatever that other lady's official title is. Will give formal evaluation when available and follow up with each already spoken with...

I don't see how you succeed with this instructor! This is her first quarter at our school but (supposedly) has been teaching for a number of years. Most days, only 1/2 or so of the class shows up... Rotating as we all try to be there at least once per week but can't handle more than that. She is MISERABLE! As in yelling at us all, accusing the class of cheating, and singling people out as doing poorly on exams in front of everyone. Every day.

Our class average is 60%

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results