shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I need to take Database Management online and transfer the credit in. The chances of me passing this class are not quite none but pretty close.

I have given feedback to our program chair, advisory board, and whatever that other lady's official title is. Will give formal evaluation when available and follow up with each already spoken with...

I don't see how you succeed with this instructor! This is her first quarter at our school but (supposedly) has been teaching for a number of years. Most days, only 1/2 or so of the class shows up... Rotating as we all try to be there at least once per week but can't handle more than that. She is MISERABLE! As in yelling at us all, accusing the class of cheating, and singling people out as doing poorly on exams in front of everyone. Every day.

Our class average is 60%

Do you think she is losing it? Sounds a little paranoid to me. :confused2:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds crazy TP.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think she is losing it? Sounds a little paranoid to me. :confused2:

Could be. She started the quarter by YELLING at anyone who asked a question in class. Apparently that was also done in office hours for anyone who showed up. She accused us all of cheating on every quiz then singled one woman out for more detailed attention. The reason she thought this woman cheated was because her answer was similar to the one in the book. Well, she had done all of the problems from the book (oh, and this particular section has one right answer for how to do stuff) so knew how to do the problem... Especially since the instructor took the problem from the book. She made this woman submit all of her practice work for the quarter to prove she really had been doing the problems.

She scheduled a quiz (at home on our own computer) for Yom Kippur. I mentioned the timing conflict to her and asked if I could take it before or after in whatever way was convenient for her. She took a vote from the class to see if anyone else had the same conflict because she wouldn't let me take it at a different time if other people in the class didn't observe the same holiday.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds crazy TP.

Yes, it really is. I should have dropped the class when it became clear she has issues. The only reason I didn't is that we are a brand new program and I need the class to graduate and not finishing it means another year before graduating.

Dropping the class now. Hoping the head of the program can offer me an alternative or accept an online class.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 I hope your DH is on the mend! Hugs and healing dust for you and your family!

@TooPatient propose the online course and also ask if you can do an independent study course under a professor as advisor to fulfill this requirement. DB management is actually quite useful. There seemed to be jobs available for DB dudes in all sectors of industry.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 I hope your DH is on the mend! Hugs and healing dust for you and your family!

@TooPatient propose the online course and also ask if you can do an independent study course under a professor as advisor to fulfill this requirement. DB management is actually quite useful. There seemed to be jobs available for DB dudes in all sectors of industry.

Definitely a good thing to know. I have been enjoying what I learn about it outside of class. This instructor is just too... Off.... To ba able to make it through. I have a couple of online classes to propose and another instructor would certainly help if needed for independent. With more than half the class not likely to pass, they were also toying with the idea of an online class or summer thing for us with someone else teaching.

They are also working to get board approval for a summer quarter so another instructor can do the last elective credits we need to graduate so we can avoid her class next quarter.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taking a break tonight to sleep at home. DH admitted to hospital 2 days ago with acute pancreatitis out of the blue in the middle of the night. Ugh. He is so healthy on all his tests and doc can see no reason for it. She is telling him no alcohol ever again so he will not have a flare up. He was and still is in so much pain. Poor guy. Hopefully he can come home in the next couple of days. I hate hospitals but the people have been so nice.

Finally I find out what put him in the hospital! I am so sorry. My mother had that. When I saw it come over her, I thought she was suffering a heart attack! It is soooo painful! And everyone asked her if she drank. Sure. Like one cocktail every six months if my father mixed one for her and her sister using some sweet ingredients with berries and cream!!! I am glad he is on the mend.

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally I find out what put him in the hospital! I am so sorry. My mother had that. When I saw it come over her, I thought she was suffering a heart attack! It is soooo painful! And everyone asked her if she drank. Sure. Like one cocktail every six months if my father mixed one for her and her sister using some sweet ingredients with berries and cream!!! I am glad he is on the mend.

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

Thanks Deb. :wavey:

Yes he was in so much pain and he is not one to complain about much. He tried gutting it out for about an hour before he woke me. Silly person. I shot up out of bed when he said "I think you need to take me to the emergency room." I got kinda pissy at the doc at first because she was persistent on the drinking. He has maybe one six pack of beer a week and sometimes weeks without. To me that is not drinking a lot. I told her that's baloney. LOL. He is ok with no drinking though because this really scared him.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D5BA4C77-9517-4F4F-80DD-175523F247CF.jpeg
Kitty update. She’s still here and seems to be doing ok. Still getting in to everything.

OMG who is that?

She is so so cute!

(sorry if you've told us about her before, I don't remember seeing this cutie!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D5BA4C77-9517-4F4F-80DD-175523F247CF.jpeg
Kitty update. She’s still here and seems to be doing ok. Still getting in to everything.

HA! Awesome. Where are her feet???? LOLOL

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG who is that?

She is so so cute!

(sorry if you've told us about her before, I don't remember seeing this cutie!)

She is chemgirl's kitty, CJ, and she has had some serious kidney problems. There are some adorable pictures of the wreckage she left behind on on page 413 of this thread.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scraped my love bracelet a bit on tile reaching under the Vanity for a cat toy... Not too mad bc it was for the cats lolol. Had it been something for my husband or myself I would have lost my shit.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found a cool thing the other day and finally ordered one. It showed up this afternoon and I am making good use of it.

The Kardia is a little EKG unit that has an app for the phone. I was skeptical but the medical journals liked it and it just got FDA approval.

I'm not an expert so am not positive, but the readings don't look completely normal to me. Sending them off to my doctor for her to take a look at.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TP I have seen the commercials for this little device and it is intriguing. It seems a godsend to have feedback without having to go in for an EKG plus a history can be developed.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TP I have seen the commercials for this little device and it is intriguing. It seems a godsend to have feedback without having to go in for an EKG plus a history can be developed.

It has been working great. It is also great because I get to see the chart and can send any that look unusual to my doctor to be looked at. One of the challenges before was that you might get a normal EKG in office and even with a 24 hour monitor but still have issues -- they just didn't happen when anyone was looking.

I can send straight to the office, send a periodic report, or just keep them for me to have.

Here is a screenshot of one I turned to PDF last night. (So it can be saved to my computer or emailed -- it is also still in the cloud)

Screenshot_20171202-201909.png

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just need to post warning: word vomit ahead:

Oh my, so much stress. Teaching at this time is normally stressful, kids are crazy they are ready for a break, most years around this time I'm thinking "WTH?!?!?! Teaching sucks, I'll quit" it usually subsides by January, right now it just sucks. Add to this is a new school. Add to that the ridiculous entitlement of kids AND their parents. Parents: you have too many projects, why didn't my kid get a higher grade, coming in reaming me before school, visiting my admin to complain, complain about child getting lunch detention (for poking another kid!), and more. Kids: I'm board (WTF??!?!?! it's school! we have station labs that you get to travel to different stations with your group, NOT just a lecture, you have CHOICES for your projects, yet you are "bored"). Remember when you were in school and were expected to do work? Yeah, and if you sassed the teacher, you'd get into more trouble at home. Now, not so, my stomach lurches whenever I get an email notification on my phone. :( Its gotten to where I've had a glass of wine (originally typed whine :lol: ) or Rumchatta (oh my if you haven't tried this stuff, you should!) several nights. :( I've requested Thursday off am hoping its approved and I can veg or just decompress, but I still have stuff to do...

Which leads me to another stresser: Graduate school. I am so close. I have my e-Portfolio pretty much finished, just waiting on a few last minute touches. But I'm stressed, if I get below an 80% I WON'T GRADUATE! So, I revisit, look again, stress, stress, stress. That is due on the 9th, by noon. Did I mention if I do poorly I won't graduate????? The other class...I have to create a degree program. Worth 100 points out of a 275pt scale. GAH! HUGE project that's due on the 13th, I've got it mostly hammered out...but....

Add to this: Christmas. Yeah, haven't done ANY shopping or making of ANYTHING. Mom asked: what do you want? IDK. Hubs asked: What do you want? IDK. What do I really want: Love bangle. Am I going to tell either of them this? HECK NO! I have grad school to pay for. Ugh. Mom's paying but we have to pay her back...and what if I don't find a job teaching at the higher level (community college/university), and do I really want to??? I'm paying to increase my education so, ultimately, I can get a second job. HOW STUPID IS THIS?!?!?!??!

Sorry for this super long rant.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CZ, sending lots of calming thoughts your way - I’m sorry things are so stressful for you right now...I feel for you, teachers face so many challenges these days dealing with both parents and kids. The entitlement is just getting so out of hand. It must be really frustrating. Complaining because your kid got detention for poking another kid? Sheesh. Just keep doing your job to the best of your ability and just keep doing what you think is right. And hang in there with your graduate projects, you’re in the home stretch. I admire you so much for all you’re doing right now. Just keep plugging along, do the best you can, and try not to think about the outcome. No matter what happens, you’ll know you tried really hard and did the best you could. Try no to put too much pressure on yourself. I feel confident that you’re going to pass! Hugs to you, I know you’re going through a rough time right now. Hopefully letting it out helped a little! We’re here for you whenever you need someone to listen.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey Junebug17,

Thanks! Letting it out did help some, plus knowing that the end is near (about to submit one of my last assignments, the HUGE single assignment that determines if I graduate or not), helps as well. :D Thanks for your post. :D

Tammy

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cozystitches , I've been thinking about you and your studies!

Junebug said it so well, so I'll just add my support and sympathy to you.
I think I'd go nuts trying to teach in today's environment. Don't people remember that school, and parents (!!!), should be preparing kids so that they can be contributing, productive members of society?

Hang in there. You're into the home stretch, and you're doing great.

Christmas will arrive and be wonderful, whether or not things are exactly as you'd like.
Ask for whatever will make your life easier. I know you want the Love bracelet, and won't ask for it, but maybe your Mom and DH can give you gifts of assistance in preparing for Christmas; baking, cooking, running errands, whatever. Just a thought, considering you're probably really busy.

I hope you'll have a terrific Christmas break! :wavey:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks DF! <3 I appreciate you kind comments. Venting helped, so did having friends over tonight, and the fact that I posted my portfolio (YIKES!), as well as that I'm taking Thursday off. :D I feel much better!

Cozy

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've lost the ability to type a post without leaving out a word, typing the wrong word, or taking a creative approach to the use of punctuation. :doh:

What the heck!?!? :wall:
Hopefully, this one is OK. Its short, and I've proofread it three times!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
60EA8A16-0EAA-40E0-B3DC-D32D9709C0DD.jpeg Thanks for the well wishes. Kitty was diagnosed with kidney disease and we were told it was progressing rapidly and probably wouldn’t have much time left. She is responding very well to fluids and her new diet and her blood values returned to normal. Unfortunately now we’re dealing with oral cancer and we don’t have any options due to the existing kidney disease. She’s still being herself so it’s lots of snuggles and play time.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chemgirl , I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet cat now having oral cancer. :(2

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no...I am so very sorry chemgirl about this latest issue your sweet kitty is having :(2 She is so precious...sending hugs and love to you and her.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry chemgirl. She is such a sweet faced little beauty. Soak up those wonderful snuggles. There are truly priceless. Hugs to you and your sweet girl.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im sorry chemgirl. Lavish her with love from aunty PB.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chemgirl I am so sorry and keeping you both in my thoughts.I am sending you and your dear sweet kitty big gentle hugs and also lots and lots of healing dust to make the most of the time you have together. She knows how much you love her and she loves you and feels safe and content. You are doing all you can. (((HUGS))).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Goodness Chemgirl. Healing vibes across the miles.

kind regards--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results