shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Could, quite possibly, eat my hand. I am STARVING.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 9:14:50 AM
Author: Strawdermangrl
Could, quite possibly, eat my hand. I am STARVING.

Ditto!

My poor saffron is having his little guys aka nuts removed on monday morning
39.gif
They grow up so fast!!

This is him at just 7 weeks old
39.gif

hesallgrownup.jpg

purselover

Ideal_Rock
awwww what a pretty kitty Smurfy!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smurfy he''s so CUTE!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!
But don''t tell him that, he''s as smug as the day is long lol

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Ok- i''ve never downloaded a picture from my phone before, so let''s hope this works. i took this picture very soon after it was done, but you get the idea (hopefully)

2010-02-20 19[1].42.58.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
oh boy- that was big. it looked tiny on my computer. ok- well, there''s the tattoo!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Its Friday!!! Woot Woot! Looking forward to some relaxing and sleeping in!! :)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I am totally in love with my new phone.... totally in love.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
THANK YOU Charbie! It''s lovely. Ribs, right??
32.gif

Dragonfly- What phone did you get?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
DH and I are having a crawfish boil at our new house tomorrow! Soooo excited and hoping that the weather is good!

...Including a beer pong tournament... that I will be judging
11.gif

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I am so glad it is friday! I wish my diamond would hurry the whatever up and sell so I can jump on the upgradable bandwagon. I want a H & A diamond. BOOOHOOO.

I also hate my CZ substitute. It sucks. Rant over.
23.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Meresal - I''ll be there!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
beachrunner - Iphone
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 3:38:21 PM
Author: meresal
DH and I are having a crawfish boil at our new house tomorrow! Soooo excited and hoping that the weather is good!

11.gif
Sounds delish! And I just have to say (as I lurk in your preggo thread because while we''re not quite ready for children, we''ll get there one day) you look amazing! You''re all belly!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 3:51:58 PM
Author: dragonfly411
beachrunner - Iphone
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Did you get an extra by chance?
2.gif
I have ATT, and don''t even have an iPhone. I''ll prob get one around December when we renew our plan. Is it easy to text? I had a touch screen and I didn''t like it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is truly a random question, but for those of you who like sushi, what do you usually order and how many pieces do you get?

I ask because I always order the same thing: salmon or tuna roll (sometimes with avocado added) and a side of rice white or brown rice. Occasionally I get eel, too. I don''t like roe or anything too out there, so eel is the most daring thing I''ve gotten. Is there something else that I should try? I love sushi but I''m getting a little tired of the same old thing.

Also, I can''t find a serving size that I like. If I order one roll, that''s 6 pieces, and I''m still hungry afterward. If I order two rolls, I feel like I''m eating way too much.

So -- sushi lovers, do you have any recommendations?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 4:27:55 PM
Author: Zoe
This is truly a random question, but for those of you who like sushi, what do you usually order and how many pieces do you get?

I ask because I always order the same thing: salmon or tuna roll (sometimes with avocado added) and a side of rice white or brown rice. Occasionally I get eel, too. I don''t like roe or anything too out there, so eel is the most daring thing I''ve gotten. Is there something else that I should try? I love sushi but I''m getting a little tired of the same old thing.

Also, I can''t find a serving size that I like. If I order one roll, that''s 6 pieces, and I''m still hungry afterward. If I order two rolls, I feel like I''m eating way too much.

I eat tuna, tuna, and more tuna. Sometimes I''ll get kampyo(sweet gourd roll), salmon, or octopus.

I usually eat 2 rolls and and start out the meal with some miso soup or gyoza. Or both!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

11.gif
Sweet. Sounds like a great time. I am going to some BBQ cook-off that some HS friends throw every year. Should be fun, there are about 100 people I went to HS with that will be there. Beer Pong and flip cup will be involved...I am sure.
11.gif
You will be there soon...oh and what about our boys? Ughh. Come on Astros.
38.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

I usually get:
2 rolls (Top choices are usually Spider rolls-soft shell crab, New Mexico roll--deep fried tempura green chile and crab, Kamikaze roll--squid outside stuff with spicy baby lobster)
seaweed salad
4 pieces of nigiri, usually hamachi, albacore, salmon, BBQed eel

Then I eat my left overs when I get hungry again.

But really, between the miso, salad, and seaweed salad, I can usually only do about 1 roll and a couple nigiri pieces, or sashimi.

For the record, protein fills you up for a longer period of time than carbs do. I would get the roll (or try a new one!) skip the rice, try some nigiri (don''t mix the wasabi and soy sauce, and always dip the fish side down in soy sauce) or try out sashimi. I love me some sashimi, so I''ll throw some hamachi sashimi in there sometimes.

Try something new the next time you go! Dragon rolls, Rainbow rolls, chef''s special, etc!

I can''t stomach fish.. I just .. *gag* ... I get vegetarian sushi rolls, which, then aren''t really sushi... but I still love them!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 5:07:09 PM
Author: swedish bean
I can''t stomach fish.. I just .. *gag* ... I get vegetarian sushi rolls, which, then aren''t really sushi... but I still love them!!
I used to have an issue with eating anything that wasn''t medium well AT LEAST. Then I went to culinary school and found out what I was missing. Now I''ll eat anything.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock

I ask because I always order the same thing: salmon or tuna roll (sometimes with avocado added) and a side of rice white or brown rice. Occasionally I get eel, too. I don't like roe or anything too out there, so eel is the most daring thing I've gotten. Is there something else that I should try? I love sushi but I'm getting a little tired of the same old thing.

Also, I can't find a serving size that I like. If I order one roll, that's 6 pieces, and I'm still hungry afterward. If I order two rolls, I feel like I'm eating way too much.

1 order spicy tuna hand rolls, 4 unagi, 4 kanikana is plenty for me. I switch around the varieties. I love mackerel, suzuki, hamachi, and Ikura when I'm feeling adventurous. And I'll never forget the tempura udon.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions! Freke, I know protein is better than all those carbs, but I just love rice too much! Maybe next time I''ll try soup to go along with one order. I thought it would look like I was eating for 2 if I ordered 2 rolls (12 pieces sounds like a lot!), but the pieces are so small.

Anyway, thanks again!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe--DH converted me into a sushi lover when we first met.

I usually order one dragon roll, or two smaller rolls, like a spicy tuna and a spicy anything else roll.
9.gif
I don''t eat any other fish, but I love sushi. If they serve any cruncy rolls, those are good too.

Out here a lot of restaurants serve what they call a North Shore Roll that has salmon, cucumber, and cream cheese; I think they feel like it''s the bagel version of a sushi roll. (We eat a lot of bagels out here.) I figure everything tastes good with cream cheese on it, so I''ll get one of those every now and then, too.

I wish I knew what it felt like to have more sushi than I can eat--DH always steals my pieces before I get to finish them!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Charbie! Thanks for posting that! How''d it feel on the ribs? It''s really cute-does it have a meaning for you? I can''t remember if you said last time.

I looked at the bookmarked ideas I have for my next several tattoos last night and ooooohhhh I can''t wait!

April20

Ideal_Rock
When I got to Chicago today, I dutifully went down to the baggage claim area to wait for my bag. I had waited a couple of minutes when the gentleman that boarded the plane behind me came down. We started chatting and I asked him how long he was in town. It wasn''t until he told me and I responded back that I was only there for the day that I realized that I DIDN''T HAVE A BAG.

I have been traveling too much. I felt like an IDIOT.

April20

Ideal_Rock

11.gif
Cool!! DH would be sooooo jealous. He loves crawfish. He''s rather skilled at eating them.

Hope you get great weather!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 8:50:25 PM
Author: packrat
Yay Charbie! Thanks for posting that! How''d it feel on the ribs? It''s really cute-does it have a meaning for you? I can''t remember if you said last time.

I looked at the bookmarked ideas I have for my next several tattoos last night and ooooohhhh I can''t wait!
Hurt like a MOFO. I mean, teeth gritting, toe curling, breath holding pain.I''ve had both feet done, and ill tell you this hurt worse. I got it bc my family has this thing with disney...we all love disney stuff. I grew up with two sisters, and my mom had given us ornaments when we were little of the three sleeping beauty fairies...one to represent each of us. Mine was the green fairy, so I decided to get her tattooed. My mom plans on. Getting all three fairies, and my sisters are each getting their fairies. I think it looks better now that its all healed.

I''m gonna start a show me the tattoo thread
36.gif
I haven''t seen one.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 9:54:15 PM
Author: April20
When I got to Chicago today, I dutifully went down to the baggage claim area to wait for my bag. I had waited a couple of minutes when the gentleman that boarded the plane behind me came down. We started chatting and I asked him how long he was in town. It wasn''t until he told me and I responded back that I was only there for the day that I realized that I DIDN''T HAVE A BAG.

I have been traveling too much. I felt like an IDIOT.

that''s really funny -I love those crazy moments.

I once picked up the ringing phone and began to dial - totally lost any sense of how to operate a telephone.. It was over 10 years ago but it still makes me laugh
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results