carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 11:49:44 AM
Author: elledizzy5
After nearly a year of job searching, I FINALLY got the job I wanted.
1.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Excellent news, elle! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! When do you start?

I''m so happy for you.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
1.gif
Congratulations!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHY are bras so hard to fit? None of mine are fitting well right now and I''ve re-measured & just don''t believe what the websites are telling me my "new size" is. Should I REALLY order a bunch of sizes and then return the ones that don''t fit? THEY ARE SOOO EXPENSIVE! I don''t want to have hundreds of dollars tied up in this madness. I''d try a bunch on in person but there''s no selection at the department stores around me & I''d have to travel for hours to get to one with a *chance* at having the range of sizes I need to experiment with. Plus, every bra is different & every manufacturer is different. Even if I find the right size in ONE bra, doesn''t mean it carries over! GAH GAH GAH GAH.

Where is Oprah when I need her?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 10:35:19 AM
Author: Haven
Date: 4/20/2010 10:29:56 AM

Author: Smurfyimproved

I just threw up this morning and am not feeling at all well, emailed all the important things I needed to have done today to my boss that he needed, and yet he is still making me come into work today. It''s going to be a VERY long day
14.gif

How can he make you come into work? That''s crazy. I never tell my chair why I''m not coming in, I just say ''I''m calling in sick today. I will see you tomorrow.''

I hope you feel better, Smurfy! Sorry you have to go in to work.

Really, that''s crazy. Do you call in a lot? Maybe he thinks you''re hungover or something, not really sick? Not saying you are, just trying to figure out why he''s being such a doosh.

BTW, what ever happened to Lama_cookie?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a sunny 75 degrees (F) here at the base of Camelback Mountain in Scottsdale AZ and I''m stuck inside in seminars all day
7.gif
Life is so not fair....

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 11:50:57 AM
Author: Haven

1.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Excellent news, elle! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! When do you start?

I''m so happy for you.
Thanks Haven and PL!

Next week - havent picked a start date yet!

My current job offered me more money to stay. No thanks!
3.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 12:01:23 PM
Author: decodelighted
WHY are bras so hard to fit? None of mine are fitting well right now and I''ve re-measured & just don''t believe what the websites are telling me my ''new size'' is. Should I REALLY order a bunch of sizes and then return the ones that don''t fit? THEY ARE SOOO EXPENSIVE! I don''t want to have hundreds of dollars tied up in this madness. I''d try a bunch on in person but there''s no selection at the department stores around me & I''d have to travel for hours to get to one with a *chance* at having the range of sizes I need to experiment with. Plus, every bra is different & every manufacturer is different. Even if I find the right size in ONE bra, doesn''t mean it carries over! GAH GAH GAH GAH.

Where is Oprah when I need her?
I agree that bras are terribly expensive. But when you think about how much use you''ll get out of them and break it down into a "per wear" cost it isn''t much. I have some bras from VS that I paid $50 for and have worn for almost 2 years. Sure they aren''t the same as they were when new, but they still hold my boobs in place where they belong, comfortably.

I would order a bunch and try them on. Go up and down a couple of sizes in the band and up or down a size or two in the cups. Just make sure that you can easily return everything.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/20/2010 12:09:45 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
It''s a sunny 75 degrees (F) here at the base of Camelback Mountain in Scottsdale AZ and I''m stuck inside in seminars all day
7.gif
Life is so not fair....
BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! On the plus side? There are some GREAT places to chow in Scottsdale. Gawwww...there goes my belly. LOL, enjoy your seminars. ;-)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Renee!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I've only took one half day when I was sick, went home early and they knew I was sick because everyone else in the office had it too! People coming in hungover here is a pretty regular occurrence but on fridays they bring in beer for everyone in the afternoon and one day I had 2 and saw that I was a lightweight and I told them that is why I don't drink very much so they even know! lol Don't get me started on those partaking in 420 today, I'm just waiting for someone to offer it to me so I can say no. It makes me fall asleep lol I'm probably the straightest edge in the office, never thought I'd say that lol

Beach, I saw the clouds rolling in over the foothills too (drive in from south denver to lakewood/littleton area) so it is always a pretty drive on 470 but especially on days like today when the weather is a little moody :)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2010 10:29:56 AM
I just threw up this morning and am not feeling at all well, emailed all the important things I needed to have done today to my boss that he needed, and yet he is still making me come into work today. It''s going to be a VERY long day
14.gif
Didn''t you call in sick a few times in the last few weeks? Maybe he wants to see if you''re genuinely sick, esp since you''re still relatively new at this job.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif
W00t! Congratulations, Elle!
36.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I''m feeling better now so it''s probably good that I didn''t call in. Technically I didn''t ask to stay home, I just said I''d thrown up and would be in a little late to which he replied with an enthusiastic "ok we''ll see you in a little bit!!" Really my own fault lol

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s completely different and not what you posted earlier. Thanks for clarifying, makes complete sense now.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Elle - just saw the job news! Congrats thats SO exciting!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Sorry it still feels like monday to me, my head is almost as foggy as it is outside

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smurfy, I hope you feel better soon!

Elle -- Congratulations!! That''s great news!
36.gif

My husband is on cloud 9 right now, and I''m really excited for him. We''re flying home to New England tonight for job interviews, and he just got a call from his old employer in one of our favorite seacoast towns. It turns out that they''re looking to hire someone for the position that he used to have for 7 years (they''ve reworked a few things, so this position would be somewhat different). He''s going to interview with them on Thursday morning. The HR person he spoke with started talking about salary and everything, and they''re looking to hire someone quickly. He has an interview in Boston tomorrow morning, and then this one to look forward to. He''s crossing all his fingers and toes that one of these work out, and if so, we''ll be heading home for good.
36.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif

CONGRATS! That''s super exciting.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 1:06:57 PM
I''ve only took one half day when I was sick, went home early and they knew I was sick because everyone else in the office had it too! People coming in hungover here is a pretty regular occurrence but on fridays they bring in beer for everyone in the afternoon and one day I had 2 and saw that I was a lightweight and I told them that is why I don''t drink very much so they even know! lol Don''t get me started on those partaking in 420 today, I''m just waiting for someone to offer it to me so I can say no. It makes me fall asleep lol I''m probably the straightest edge in the office, never thought I''d say that lol

Beach, I saw the clouds rolling in over the foothills too (drive in from south denver to lakewood/littleton area) so it is always a pretty drive on 470 but especially on days like today when the weather is a little moody :)
I rarely get to drive on 470, but love when I do. soo pretty!

And whaa, they "celebrate" 420 in your office, during work hours?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats elledizzy!!! That''s wonderful news!!!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
1.gif
Congrats! That is excellent news. A year is a long time- good for you for persevering.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Today is DH and my 3rd anniversary. I presented him with his very own stapler tonight. I really wanted to get him a red swingline, engraved "Yours" as many of you had recommended, but I honestly ran out of time. And DH really isn''t a red guy. So I got him the nicest, most masculine looking swingline I could find at Office Depot. It''s nice and he laughed when he opened it. It''s a stapler peacy treaty. Mine better be back in my office tomorrow. It''s on his "desk" right now! No excuses any longer for stealing it!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 4:35:33 PM
Author: BeachRunner
Date: 4/20/2010 1:06:57 PM

I''ve only took one half day when I was sick, went home early and they knew I was sick because everyone else in the office had it too! People coming in hungover here is a pretty regular occurrence but on fridays they bring in beer for everyone in the afternoon and one day I had 2 and saw that I was a lightweight and I told them that is why I don''t drink very much so they even know! lol Don''t get me started on those partaking in 420 today, I''m just waiting for someone to offer it to me so I can say no. It makes me fall asleep lol I''m probably the straightest edge in the office, never thought I''d say that lol

I rarely get to drive on 470, but love when I do. soo pretty!

And whaa, they ''celebrate'' 420 in your office, during work hours?

Lol they celebrate it on days other than 420 too. I went looking for a pencil one day and opened a drawer and found a bottle of jack daniels instead
20.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
London''s dance class had visitor day and also the picture day before the recitals coming up in a couple weeks. It was so cute!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

Congratulations!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
They just got rid of our ENTIRE department at work
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I need a new job in a month
8.gif
8.gif
8.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2010 9:43:04 AM
Author: purselover
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

8.gif
8.gif
8.gif

oh no! I''m so sorry. Do you work in the department that''s been terminated?

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

8.gif
8.gif
8.gif
OH NO! Job dust coming your way, I am sure you will find something quickly!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
SO is taking me fishing all weekend... just us
5.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

8.gif
8.gif
8.gif

I''m so sorry! Lots of dust coming your way to find a new (and hopefully better) job

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results