shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please go to the doctor. I was travelling with a friend and she tripped and fell. Broke her fall with her hand. She could move her hand and her fingers but it really hurt. She waited several days (she fell in Italy and then we moved onto France) and it got very black and blue and finally went to the hospital in Nice to have it checked out. Turns out things were broken and she needed surgery. So I don't think the ability to move your fingers necessarily means that everything is okay. You should have it checked out.

Wow..Your poor friend!
I’ll give it a day or two with the brace..If it gets more painful I’ll definitely get it checked out. Thank you @Lookinagain xo

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with MamaBee. You should go to the doctor. If it starts to knit back wrong you’ll be in worse shape.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@YadaYadaYada I’m glad your fingers weren’t broken. I wouldn’t go on an inflatable water slide. I’m too chicken!

I’m going for an X-ray tomorrow. The strangest thing is the back of my hand is swollen but I hurt my wrist. I bought a wrist stabilizer brace yesterday. The fluid stayed out of the wrist but traveled to the back of my hand. It’s so puffy. You can see my veins on my right hand. The left hand is a ball of fluid..
0485EBA5-D23C-4271-8A96-67DEE655714A.jpeg FF81AC41-6B7F-4F15-B4D1-6ABEC5CF9F5D.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee

So glad you are going for the X-ray, I can’t believe how swollen your hand is! Fingers crossed it’s just a sprain or nothing serious :pray:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
For the first time in my life, as a mid 30s woman, I went to a tire store, selected tires, purchased them, and had them installed/replaced (not sure what the correct terminology is for this). By myself. It may sound inconsequential to others, but I'm really proud of myself for this.

Did I get the best deal? Probably not. However, I am much safer on the road (for me and others!). The car is driving noticeably better in the snow.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad it isn’t something more serious @MamaBee. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad it isn’t something more serious @MamaBee. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thank you! I’m relieved because there’s so much I have to do…Now I can just do with a bit of pain and just get things done. :lol:

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the top of your hand still really swollen @MamaBee? I hope your wrist is feeling better soon.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is the top of your hand still really swollen @MamaBee? I hope your wrist is feeling better soon.

Thank you @Calliecake. It got really swollen because the wrist brace pushed whatever fluid was in my wrist up to my hand. I hated my hands because they are bony and wrinkled with thin skin. I always laughed and said I would willingly transfer fat from my hips to my hand where it should be. After what it looked like I hated it..I wanted my bony, veiny, and wrinkly hand back! :lol-2: The swelling went down a lot since I loosened the brace around the back of my hand.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Am listening to the soundtrack of “In the mood for love” and wondering what to listen to next. Emi Fujita? Some bossa nova track?

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
Just had the worst 24 hours by far ;(
I'm recovering from a bout of food poisoning (from raw oysters—I'm heartbroken!) and I finally feel well enough to be on the interwebz, browsing around and puttering about digitally.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I believe I would be a lot healthier and happier if I stopped stalking Leibish's website. :saint:

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

I believe I would be a lot healthier and happier if I stopped stalking Leibish's website. :saint:

cheers--Sharon

I wasn’t aware of that website! I will not look! :snooty:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cheers--Sharon
I wasn’t aware of that website! :snooty:

Rabbit hole! Save yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol-2: :saint: :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
cheers--Sharon

Rabbit hole! Save yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol-2: :saint: :wavey:

You know I had to click on your links! Which pair are you getting? They’re all gorgeous! :lol-2:
They have pretty diamond bracelets too…:roll::saint:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MMtwo, Your new avatar is beautiful! The picture and your rings are gorgeous!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find it odd that a certain thread keeps getting bumped by PS users with 4 or fewer posts (5 different users). I think there is some funny business going on. Do you report the thread or just let it go??? I find it annoying that someone may be creating multiple users to
bump their own thread.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I find it odd that a certain thread keeps getting bumped by PS users with 4 or fewer posts (5 different users). I think there is some funny business going on. Do you report the thread or just let it go??? I find it annoying that someone may be creating multiple users to
bump their own thread.

I noticed one that seemed odd this morning in lab. Post one, someone shows up and asks if anyone had worked with X (unfamiliar) vendor. They seem very nice to deal with so far.

Sketchy. I could not tell if it was a sincere question or a new lab trying to get their name out there.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed one that seemed odd this morning in lab. Post one, someone shows up and asks if anyone had worked with X (unfamiliar) vendor. They seem very nice to deal with so far.

Sketchy. I could not tell if it was a sincere question or a new lab trying to get their name out there.

That kind of behavior always seems suspicious.

Not sure why I cant just let it go...I'm sure the tread that's bugging me will slide to the bottom pretty quickly! I just
find it annoying that we try really hard to give good advice/opinions then some people come on here and yank our chains.
Luckily it doesn't happen too often... I probably shouldn't care so much!:lol-2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I occasionally sell things on Craigslist. Buyers have never had a problem meeting with either me or my husband in a public place. Today we were going to meet someone at the police station for additional safety. I texted the buyer that it was going to be me and/or my spouse, and he immediately said the deal was off. Is what I said some sort of red flag that I'm not aware of? It's never been a problem before, and I would have thought meeting at the police station would have allayed most people's concerns.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I occasionally sell things on Craigslist. Buyers have never had a problem meeting with either me or my husband in a public place. Today we were going to meet someone at the police station for additional safety. I texted the buyer that it was going to be me and/or my spouse, and he immediately said the deal was off. Is what I said some sort of red flag that I'm not aware of? It's never been a problem before, and I would have thought meeting at the police station would have allayed most people's concerns.

Yeah, they were the red flag.
Maybe they've had run-ins, warrants, or they had bad intentions. Lucky for you, you'll never know!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, they were the red flag.
Maybe they've had run-ins, warrants, or they had bad intentions. Lucky for you, you'll never know!

Yes, they could have been sketchy themselves, but it was their idea to meet at the police station in the first place. It was just puzzling that we were 15 minutes away from meeting and he said the deal was off from that one text.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Yes, they could have been sketchy themselves, but it was their idea to meet at the police station in the first place. It was just puzzling that we were 15 minutes away from meeting and he said the deal was off from that one text.

Oh! Well, still weird, don't understand the issue they had? Was he hoping for a meet cute or something, why would it matter? Who knows.
I have had a real mixed bag selling stuff on marketplaces. Lots of rigmarole and runaround. I actually try to avoid it now. It's too bad, shouldn't be that hard. Or weird.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! Well, still weird, don't understand the issue they had? Was he hoping for a meet cute or something, why would it matter? Who knows.
I have had a real mixed bag selling stuff on marketplaces. Lots of rigmarole and runaround. I actually try to avoid it now. It's too bad, shouldn't be that hard. Or weird.

Glad it's not just me who doesn't understand why there was an issue. I'm laughing at the bolded--I know it happens with weirdos out there.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So hubby and I got new iphones. This was at the Verizon store. They had to ship them to us. We were then to return the old ones for trade in. Mine arrived FedEx no problem. His came UPS. The box was empty causing the driver to knock on the door and ask him to open it as he suspected it was empty. Called Verizon and ordered another one. Got that one. Sent the old ones back via UPS and the pre-printed labels they provided. I got credit for mine but not for his.
I logged in over nine hours over two weeks on the phone trying to get it straightened out! They are the most frustrating company in the world to deal with I have ever encountered. You cannot speak to the same person twice, many have accents that are difficult to understand, everyone thanked me for my patience (which I don’t have) and all assured me it would be taken care of right away. Threats of returning all of it and demands for a supervisor go no where. You are literally at their mercy! I would have gladly returned them and the cases and cords but they had our old phones so we would have been left with nothing. Never again! If a physical store doesn’t have them in stock, I will never agree to have them shipped. The UPS driver said he knew the box was empty because he has delivered so many like that. He said they keep shipping them in the same boxes and folks in the shipping chain know it and just slit the boxes open, take the phones and tape them back up.
Wouldn’t you think in this day and age with a company as large as Verizon that they could do better than that? Nine hours of my life I will never get back - ggrrrr!!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You cannot speak to the same person twice, many have accents that are difficult to understand, everyone thanked me for my patience (which I don’t have) and all assured me it would be taken care of right away.

I think many of the customer service folks are just reading from a script and tell everyone the same thing. But I've never not been able to ask for a supervisor with the companies I use, but I'm not a Verizon customer for my phone. I am though for my TV, internet, etc. and haven't had that issue. What happens when you ask for a supervisor?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results