shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
When and why did FedX and UPS start photographing proof of delivery? I like it but just noticed it happening within the past few months.

Amazon started this a while ago too. I think it is their attempt to dissuade fraud by recipients. Cool right? Except I just saw a ring doorbell video that showed the Amazon delivery person putting the packages on the porch, taking the picture, and then picking them back up to, I assume, take them back to their car and home!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Amazon started this a while ago too. I think it is their attempt to dissuade fraud by recipients. Cool right? Except I just saw a ring doorbell video that showed the Amazon delivery person putting the packages on the porch, taking the picture, and then picking them back up to, I assume, take them back to their car and home!

It probably also absolves shipping companies for being responsible for losses due to porch pirates.

danusia

Rough_Rock
I guess while I’m a Brooklyn girl at heart I am now a jersey girl too.

If you've ever lived in Jersey...you'll appreciate this!!! If you live somewhere else, you might find it interesting:
New Jersey is a peninsula.
Highlands, New Jersey has the highest elevation along the entire eastern seaboard, from Maine to Florida.
New Jersey is the only state where all of its counties are classified as metropolitan areas.
New Jersey has more racehorses than Kentucky.
New Jersey has more Cubans in Union City (1 sq mi.) than Havana, Cuba.
New Jersey has the densest system of highways and railroads in the US.
New Jersey has the highest cost of living.
New Jersey has the highest cost of auto insurance.
New Jersey has the highest property taxes in the nation.
New Jersey has the most diners in the world and is sometimes referred to as the "Diner Capital of the World."
New Jersey is home to the original Mystery Pork Parts Club (no, not Spam): Taylor Ham or Pork Roll.
New Jersey is home to the less mysterious, but the best Italian hot dogs and Italian sausage w/peppers and onions.
North Jersey has the most shopping malls in one area in the world, with seven major shopping malls in a 25 square-mile radius.
New Jersey is home to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
The Passaic River was the site of the first submarine ride, by inventor John P. Holland.
New Jersey has 50+ resort cities & towns; some of the nation's most famous: Asbury Park, Wildwood, Atlantic City, Seaside Heights, Long Branch, Cape May.
New Jersey has the most stringent testing along our coastline for water quality control than any other seaboard state in the entire country.
New Jersey is a leading technology & industrial state and is the largest chemical producing state in the nation, when you include pharmaceuticals.
Jersey tomatoes are known the world over as being the best you can buy.
New Jersey is the world leader in blueberry and cranberry production (and here you thought Massachusetts?)
Here's to New Jersey - the toast of the country! In 1642, the first brewery in America opened in Hoboken.
New Jersey rocks! The famous Les Paul invented the first solid body electric guitar in Mahwah, in 1940.
New Jersey is a major seaport state with the largest seaport in the US, located in Elizabeth. Nearly 80 percent of what our nation imports comes through Elizabeth Seaport first.
New Jersey is home to one of the nation's busiest airports (in Newark), Liberty International.
George Washington slept here. Several important Revolutionary War battles were fought on New Jersey soil, led by General George Washington.
The light bulb, phonograph (record player), and motion picture projector, were invented by Thomas Edison in his Menlo Park, NJ, laboratory.
We also boast the first town ever lit by incandescent bulbs.
The first seaplane was built in Keyport, NJ.
The first airmail was started from Keyport, NJ, to Chicago.
The first phonograph records were made in Camden, NJ.
The game Monopoly, played all over the world, named the streets on its playing board after the actual streets in Atlantic City.
And, Atlantic City has the longest boardwalk in the world,
Not to mention salt water taffy,
New Jersey has the largest petroleum containment area outside of the Middle East countries.
The first Indian reservation was in New Jersey, in the Watchung Mountains.
New Jersey has the tallest water tower in the world. (Union, NJ)
New Jersey had the first medical center, in Jersey City.
The Pulaski Skyway, from Jersey City to Newark, was the first skyway highway.
NJ built the first tunnel under a river, the Hudson (Holland Tunnel).
The first baseball game was played in Hoboken, NJ, which is also the birthplace of Frank Sinatra.
The first intercollegiate football game was played in New Brunswick in 1889 (Rutgers College played Princeton).
The first drive-in movie theater was opened in Camden, NJ, (but they're all gone now!).
New Jersey is home to both of "NEW YORK's" pro football teams!
The first radio station and broadcast was in Paterson, NJ.
The first FM radio broadcast was made from Alpine, NJ, by Maj. Thomas Armstrong.
All New Jersey natives: Sal Martorano, Jack Nicholson, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Jason Alexander, Queen Latifah, Susan Sarandon, Connie Francis, Shaq, Judy Blume, Aaron Burr, Joan Robertson, Ken Kross, Dionne Warwick, Sarah Vaughn, Budd Abbott, Lou Costello, Alan Ginsberg, Michelle Kelly. Norman Mailer, Marilynn McCoo, Flip Wilson, Alexander Hamilton, Whitney Houston, Eddie Money, Linda McElroy, Eileen Donnelly, Grover Cleveland, Woodrow Wilson, Walt Whitman, Jerry Lewis, Tom Cruise, Joyce Kilmer, Len Twist, Bruce Willis, Caesar Romero, Lauryn Hill, Ice-T, Nick Adams, Nathan Lane, Sandra Dee, Danny DeVito, Richard Conti, Joe Pesci, Joe Piscopo, Robert Blake, John Forsythe, Meryl Streep, Loretta Swit, Norman Lloyd, Paul Simon, Jerry Herman, Gorden McCrae, Kevin Spacey, John Travolta, Phyllis Newman, Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Eva Marie Saint, Elisabeth Shue, Zebulon Pike, James Fennimore Cooper, Admiral Wm. Halsey,Jr., Dave Thomas (Wendy's), William Carlos Williams, Ray Liotta, Robert Wuhl, Bob Reyers, Paul Robeson, Ernie Kovacs, Joseph Macchia, "Uncle Floyd," Kelly Ripa, Francis Albert Sinatra, Rick Toscano
You know you're from Jersey when . . .
You don't think of fruit when people mention "The Oranges."
You know that it's called Great Adventure, not Six Flags.
A good, quick breakfast is a hard roll with butter.
You've known the way to Seaside Heights since you were seven.
You've eaten at a diner, when you were stoned, or drunk, at 3 A.M.
You know that the state isn't one big oil refinery.
At least three people in your family still love Bruce Springsteen, and you know the town Jon Bon Jovi is from.
You know what a "jug handle" is.
You know that Wawa is a convenience store.
You know that the state isn't all farmland.
You know that there are no "beaches" in New Jersey--there's the shore--and you don't go "to the shore," you go "down the shore." And when you are there, you're not "at the shore;" you are "down the shore."
You know how to properly negotiate a circle.
You knew that the last sentence had to do with driving.
You know that this is the only "New" state that doesn't require "New" to identify it (try . . Mexico . . . York .! . . Hampshire-- doesn't work, does it?).
You know that a "White Castle" is the name of BOTH a fast food chain AND a fast food sandwich.
You consider putting mayo on a corned beef sandwich a sacrilege
You don't think, “You’re from Jersey? What exit?," is very funny.
You know that people from the 201 area code are "a little different."
Yes, they are!
You know that no respectable New Jerseyan goes to Princeton--that's for out-of-staters.
The Jets-Giants game has started fights at your school or local bar.
You live within 20 minutes of at least three different malls.
You refer to all highways and interstates by their numbers.
Every year you have at least one kid in your class named Tony.
You know the location of every clip shown in the Sopranos opening credits.
You've gotten on the wrong highway trying to get out of the mall.
You know that people from North Jersey go to Seaside Heights, and people from Central Jersey go to Belmar, and people from South Jersey go to Wildwood. It can be no other way.
You weren't raised in New Jersey--you were raised in North Jersey, Central Jersey or South Jersey.
You don't consider Newark or Camden to actually be part of the state.
You remember the stores Korvette's, Two Guys, Rickel's, Channel, Bamberger's and Orbach's.
You also remember Palisades Amusement Park.
You've had a boardwalk cheese steak and vinegar fries.
You start planning for Memorial Day weekend in February.
And finally…
You've NEVER, NEVER pumped your own gas.
No matter where in this country, or indeed, in the world my travels may take me, New Jersey will always be home.

Thanks for this! Just took a trip down memory lane. Grew up in Jersey (born in the 1950s and moved to PA in 1989). Born in Newark (Vailsburg section) lived across the street from East Orange and the main street there was South Orange Avenue. There was Orange, East Orange, and South Orange. And I also remember South Orange Reservation. Moved to Elizabeth in the late 60s and there was the Burry Biscuit Factory where you could buy factory seconds of almost any cookie you could buy in the supermarket. My dad was friends with Phil Rizzuto "The Scooter" who played shortstop for NY Yankees who lived in the neighborhood. I have so many stories and fine memories (Met Bruce Springsteen before he became famous... that is a long story!)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Misplacing your eyeglasses is just the most ridiculous situation. Not being able to see well enough to find the very thing that helps you see.

Gah!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Misplacing your eyeglasses is just the most ridiculous situation. Not being able to see well enough to find the very thing that helps you see.

Gah!

@YadaYadaYada Wait until you’re my age and you look for them when they’re on your nose! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee that hasn’t happened to me yet, but I have looked for my phone while holding it in my hand! :lol: So if I’m doing that at 43 then lord only knows what I’ll be doing in ten years!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee that hasn’t happened to me yet, but I have looked for my phone while holding it in my hand! :lol: So if I’m doing that at 43 then lord only knows what I’ll be doing in ten years!

A few times I was desperately looking for my phone. Then realized I was talking on it. Scary.

I was talking to my boss, and I wanted to find someone's contact info or something similar.
This technology crap is bad for our mental health, for sure.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1FFC98C3-3682-4648-A603-C15D546CA435.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's snowing!
Dayum
:loopy:

And I said to Greg about two hours ago it feels like snow despite no snow in the forecast.

It was 57 degrees F here yesterday. :wink2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going through an old photo album recently and noticed my mom’s ring in this picture. It’s the only picture where you can see it.

Now here is something to know, that diamond in her ring was maybe 15 points but very high quality and had a single cut at the NSEW of the main diamond. Unfortunately it was stolen in a robbery 20 or so years ago. Still I was surprised at how big it looks here.

ETA: That is my brother in the picture not me ;)2

7DA4A759-AFD3-438B-8B9F-7334A4CC72A4.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 6.23.46 AM.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I donated a foot of hair! I feel so much lighter!

B7F37E28-75A0-43F9-A154-A8E9C4039AB1.jpeg
CB98F7A9-BCD2-4BE2-99A0-0D5F94E76CE5.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please excuse the giant smiling Dee face (with no make up on)! I was just so happy to have that big heavy angry hairy animal off of my head after two years of growing out a pixie cut! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday I donated a foot of hair! I feel so much lighter!

B7F37E28-75A0-43F9-A154-A8E9C4039AB1.jpeg
CB98F7A9-BCD2-4BE2-99A0-0D5F94E76CE5.jpeg

I love the length on you! Never apologize for that sweet face, you made me involuntarily smile right back at you, and I was having a hard day. I feel better now. You did that, too.:kiss2:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww -- thank you everyone! I hope my post didn't come across as fishing for compliments, I just wanted to share with you, my peeps, because I was thrilled to be able to do this!

And now... color! Highlights! Something!!! I haven't touched it in all the time it was growing out and... well... Where Did All That Gray Come From?! :eek-2:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Aww -- thank you everyone! I hope my post didn't come across as fishing for compliments, I just wanted to share with you, my peeps, because I was thrilled to be able to do this!

And now... color! Highlights! Something!!! I haven't touched it in all the time it was growing out and... well... Where Did All That Gray Come From?! :eek-2:

Naaaaaaah, we're just sharing in your joy with you, that's all.
Ooh, you could do full color change or highlights and it'd be great.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Naaaaaaah, we're just sharing in your joy with you, that's all.
Ooh, you could do full color change or highlights and it'd be great.

Your hair color is just gorgeous!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay..I’ve officially given up looking for my band. The next decision will be if I will buy another one. It will be preloved though..because I want the same kind.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretttttty sure we just got an Amazon delivery with a mouse in it...

The kids like a particular kind of Ramen and we can only find it on Amazon so they order a case at a time. The row of individual packages comes lined up in a cardboard box with a plastic sleeve over it to hold the packages in place. And all that is in a sealed box. So TR opened the Amazon box, put the ramen on the counter and went down into the basement to do... well... who really knows what is going on in the basement (?!). I was sitting at the kitchen table PSing... and I periodically heard *something* coming from the box. Like crackling type noises. At first I though it was just the stuff warming up from being outside because it's colder than a witch's t!t here and the the box had likely been on the front porch or for hours before we got home tonight. But the noises just kept coming. I scooted back into the corner of the kitchen on my chair at the point so I could observe at a safe distance and decide if I was just imagining things. But then the dogs came into the kitchen and started looking up at the package and making whining noises. So out of the house that thing went! I balanced it on two big metal grilling spatulas and put it out on the porch. No idea what will happen from this point forward, but those noodles AIN'T coming back in this house!

Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG -- I just googled "mouse inside Amazon delivery" :eek-2:

Those kids are eating grilled cheese for lunch from now on!!!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My bull in a China shop husband was helping me put a duvet on a comforter. I told him to hold the corner so we could shake it on. He didn’t give me a chance to move over to the other side. He gave it a hard shake before I could get my hand off the duvet to get to the other side. It snapped my wrist back..It hurts pretty bad. I can’t lift anything with it. If I keep it absolutely still it doesn’t hurt. If I need to turn or lift anything it hurts like the dickens. I couldn’t take my pendant off last night. I didn’t trust the bull in the china shop to do it. :roll2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My bull in a China shop husband was helping me put a duvet on a comforter. I told him to hold the corner so we could shake it on. He didn’t give me a chance to move over to the other side. He gave it a hard shake before I could get my hand off the duvet to get to the other side. It snapped my wrist back..It hurts pretty bad. I can’t lift anything with it. If I keep it absolutely still it doesn’t hurt. If I need to turn or lift anything it hurts like the dickens. I couldn’t take my pendant off last night. I didn’t trust the bull in the china shop to do it. :roll2:

Oh my gosh...hope its not broken (hate to even mention that)!

I have one of those bulls in a china shop husbands. They don't know their own strength or size. They can come in really handy most
of the time but at other times:wink2:.

Keep us posted!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh...hope its not broken (hate to even mention that)!

I have one of those bulls in a china shop husbands. They don't know their own strength or size. They can come in really handy most
of the time but at other times:wink2:.

Keep us posted!

Thank you @tyty333..I don’t think it’s broken because I can move my hand and fingers. I can’t twist my wrist or hold anything even slightly heavy though…not even my iPhone. I’m going to go out to get a wrist support..That should help. The area is red which is weird..It doesn’t look swollen. Strange..

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @tyty333..I don’t think it’s broken because I can move my hand and fingers. I can’t twist my wrist or hold anything even slightly heavy though…not even my iPhone. I’m going to go out to get a wrist support..That should help. The area is red which is weird..It doesn’t look swollen. Strange..

Please go to the doctor. I was travelling with a friend and she tripped and fell. Broke her fall with her hand. She could move her hand and her fingers but it really hurt. She waited several days (she fell in Italy and then we moved onto France) and it got very black and blue and finally went to the hospital in Nice to have it checked out. Turns out things were broken and she needed surgery. So I don't think the ability to move your fingers necessarily means that everything is okay. You should have it checked out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results