shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Look at that 1.75 oiled and 'buttered' loveliness! I can't pick up the 3D glow of the grain but it fits perfectly in our rustic old house. We installed the counters and now I need to pick the granite for the island. I'll have to have them cut it, but well, you can't do everything. I'm going to have a poll soon because I can't decide on a new sink. Too many options!
20221230_013051.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Also, Gary Roe just made what to me is the perfect serpent solitaire. It's on his Instagram. Seriously. I just have to tell someone :lol:
That is all.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, Gary Roe just made what to me is the perfect serpent solitaire. It's on his Instagram. Seriously. I just have to tell someone :lol:
That is all.

OMG. I saw that yesterday!
It is really exceptional! What a showstopper!
Lucky you!:kiss2:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
OMG. I saw that yesterday!
It is really exceptional! What a showstopper!
Lucky you!:kiss2:

Oh, it's not mine. I wish. I'm just hoping someday he'd be alright with doing it again! :lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it's not mine. I wish. I'm just hoping someday he'd be alright with doing it again! :lol:

My reading comprehension is not what it used to be.......!
This "getting old" crap is not for wimps.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think have a pinched nerve in my neck. Either that or a brain tumor. But I'm pretty sure it's a nerve. My left hand and arm go numb and it wakes me up repeatedly every night. Last night I got so mad move into a position I NEVER sleep in. And then I woke up because my RIGHT hand and arm were numb. This afternoon I was sooooo tired I propped myself up half-sitting in a way that I couldn't move (shot of falling off the sofa)... and I slept like the dead. For the first time in weeks -- maybe months. No numbness at all. It was glorious.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think have a pinched nerve in my neck. Either that or a brain tumor. But I'm pretty sure it's a nerve. My left hand and arm go numb and it wakes me up repeatedly every night. Last night I got so mad move into a position I NEVER sleep in. And then I woke up because my RIGHT hand and arm were numb. This afternoon I was sooooo tired I propped myself up half-sitting in a way that I couldn't move (shot of falling off the sofa)... and I slept like the dead. For the first time in weeks -- maybe months. No numbness at all. It was glorious.

No fun Dee, I am sorry and hope that resolves itself...It's amazing because I always thought it improbable to injure oneself while sleeping but I have mastered that art. One thing I can do really really well now. Is injure myself while sleeping :loopy:

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 6.11.47 AM.png

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two exciting things:

Gave my two weeks notice today at work (I actually am leaving this time lol!). Planning on working to find a new (better) job and I’m dropping an application off tomorrow!

Bought a Magnasonic off Amazon, been using toothbrush and Simple Green but this is a world easier. Should have jumped on this bandwagon a long time ago. @stracci2000, I’m catching up with technology finally!

2023 is going to be a year of big change, I can feel it.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Two exciting things:

Gave my two weeks notice today at work (I actually am leaving this time lol!). Planning on working to find a new (better) job and I’m dropping an application off tomorrow!

Bought a Magnasonic off Amazon, been using toothbrush and Simple Green but this is a world easier. Should have jumped on this bandwagon a long time ago. @stracci2000, I’m catching up with technology finally!

Good luck, you've got this!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two exciting things:

No way, Yada! They're gonna be sorry they lost you at the bakery!
But good luck with the application for something new!
And I'm glad you like the Magnasonic, it's fun to use!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way, Yada! They're gonna be sorry they lost you at the bakery!
But good luck with the application for something new!
And I'm glad you like the Magnasonic, it's fun to use!

It’s time to leave, that bakery is a dysfunctional mess and there are more serious issues (like employees working off the clock and food safety issues) that people are aware of and turning a blind eye to.

The Magnasonic is fun! I’m cleaning everything I can, not brave enough to put my glasses in there though :???:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at that 1.75 oiled and 'buttered' loveliness! I can't pick up the 3D glow of the grain but it fits perfectly in our rustic old house. We installed the counters and now I need to pick the granite for the island. I'll have to have them cut it, but well, you can't do everything. I'm going to have a poll soon because I can't decide on a new sink. Too many options!
20221230_013051.jpg

Please tell us more about that lovely floor!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I had the same thing @Dee*Jay I think it‘s a pinched nerve..I think mine is in my arm. I always slept with my right arm straight up under the pillow. If you rest your head on your arm..even with a pillow in between..the weight of your head on your arm can cause a pinched nerve. I stopped doing that..I now tuck my arms away from being under the pillow. I’m trying to train myself to sleep on that side with the new position. I can’t sleep on that side now even though I’m comfortable. I can only sleep on the other side. I’m working on it. It sounds like your issues are the same as mine.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the same thing @Dee*Jay I think it‘s a pinched nerve..I think mine is in my arm. I always slept with my right arm straight up under the pillow. If you rest your head on your arm..even with a pillow in between..the weight of your head on your arm can cause a pinched nerve. I stopped doing that..I now tuck my arms away from being under the pillow. I’m trying to train myself to sleep on that side with the new position. I can’t sleep on that side now even though I’m comfortable. I can only sleep on the other side. I’m working on it. It sounds like your issues are the same as mine.

Thank you so much for weighing in MamaB -- although I'm sorry you have this too. Ugh. Thinking back, I have also gotten a numb left hand when spending toooooo many hours in my office working on things like giant spreadsheets for hours at a time (I'm a left handed mouser). I've read that this can also be attributed to poor posture, which I'm certain is the case when I'm on about hour ten of mousing... ) There are also times when I spend several days in a row taking listing pictures for my etsy store and I end up in an awkward position. Think half squat, which takes my eyes to about counter height) with my head thrust forward. On those days my upper back (between my shoulder blades) is just killing me. My best guess is I might have caused (or at least be contributing to) this problem in those ways. What a PITA. Fifty-two and I'm going to pieces!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for weighing in MamaB -- although I'm sorry you have this too. Ugh. Thinking back, I have also gotten a numb left hand when spending toooooo many hours in my office working on things like giant spreadsheets for hours at a time (I'm a left handed mouser). I've read that this can also be attributed to poor posture, which I'm certain is the case when I'm on about hour ten of mousing... ) There are also times when I spend several days in a row taking listing pictures for my etsy store and I end up in an awkward position. Think half squat, which takes my eyes to about counter height) with my head thrust forward. On those days my upper back (between my shoulder blades) is just killing me. My best guess is I might have caused (or at least be contributing to) this problem in those ways. What a PITA. Fifty-two and I'm going to pieces!

I wish I wasn’t so hard on my back when I was your age. I would get a stool to sit on instead of squatting. Your back will thank you in ten years.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Please tell us more about that lovely floor!

Not floor, countertops! It was a smoking deal, my favorite thing in the world. :lol:
They are just 1.75in butcher in Golden Rain Tree Saman (Indian walnut/French tamarind) wood from Lowes!
We went with them because we saw that someone had changed their mind and so Lowes was offering several lengths at 60% off, it was enough to do what we wanted. It would be stupid not to buy it right there. It was pure happenstance. We just loaded it up and out.
Now we're going to get some fancy focal stone as a larger remnant for the island instead of the other way round and pick a great sink and Bob's your uncle, I saved a few grand off what we were going to do originally and still kept the feel. My house is an old farmhouse and has a small weird kitchen. Perfect.
They actually turned out ridiculously well, very few manufacturing blemishes at all, super solid and putting Odie's oil/and butter made all the difference.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not floor, countertops! It was a smoking deal, my favorite thing in the world. :lol:
They are just 1.75in butcher in Golden Rain Tree Saman (Indian walnut/French tamarind) wood from Lowes!
We went with them because we saw that someone had changed their mind and so Lowes was offering several lengths at 60% off, it was enough to do what we wanted. It would be stupid not to buy it right there. It was pure happenstance. We just loaded it up and out.
Now we're going to get some fancy focal stone as a larger remnant for the island instead of the other way round and pick a great sink and Bob's your uncle, I saved a few grand off what we were going to do originally and still kept the feel. My house is an old farmhouse and has a small weird kitchen. Perfect.
They actually turned out ridiculously well, very few manufacturing blemishes at all, super solid and putting Odie's oil/and butter made all the difference.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see your kitchen! I love old farmhouses! Your countertop looks so pretty! :kiss2:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock

That is one gorgeous countertop!!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see your kitchen! I love old farmhouses! Your countertop looks so pretty! :kiss2:

Ha, you say that now. Are you ready? I'm going to show it anyway, in all it's GLORY. I'm making a thread over in hangout now. I'll need help.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ItsMainelyYou, maybe it’s because I live in CT, so not too far away, but your house looks so warm and welcoming and very New England. I’m a bit jealous because we have a basic ranch but I just love the soul of old houses, the intricate details, like old jewelry they just don’t make them like that anymore.

I am dying over that countertop, it is gorgeous and you obviously got an amazing deal on it :kiss2:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
@ItsMainelyYou, maybe it’s because I live in CT, so not too far away, but your house looks so warm and welcoming and very New England. I’m a bit jealous because we have a basic ranch but I just love the soul of old houses, the intricate details, like old jewelry they just don’t make them like that anymore.

I am dying over that countertop, it is gorgeous and you obviously got an amazing deal on it :kiss2:
Thank you. It was one of those things where you kind of feel like you're stealing it. You're not, but run anyway! It was fun.
That's very kind, we love our wonky house. I'm going to tell her that somebody said something nice and she should lay off being a PIA, or I'm telling :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before…
A0EE19EB-6718-45E4-A7F1-2E26CF1CDFDD.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love meat pies. And gravy so there is that.

cheers--Sharon

trevor_dreamzz

Rough_Rock
Im daydreaming how every cat knows all about me deep down, and I am very curious what exactly do they know

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When and why did FedX and UPS start photographing proof of delivery? I like it but just noticed it happening within the past few months.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results