shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee, One of my close friends granddaughter had a seizure from a fever about two years ago. She was about the same age your grandson is when she had it. My friend was watching her when It happened. They were told to keep a close eye on her when she runs a fever and that this happens sometimes with babies and small children. They did tests and everything checked out fine and she has been fine since. I hope hearing this can help you and her parents feel a little better.

@canuk-gal, Sending healing dust to your mom. I‘m sorry this is so hard right now. It tough watching our parents age, it especially hard when serious health problems appear. Hugs

@Calliecake Thank you..I will tell my son and daughter-in-law. He’s the sweetest little guy. They had an IV in him..I was so worried but I didn’t let them know. I just tried to be there..if only by phone..

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really want chips and salsa. Its fascinating that we sometimes want things that might try to kill us...lol

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I’m so mad, I contacted a jewelry store in June never heard anything. My husband emailed them in aug. nothing. He just emailed them again yesterday. Still nothing. They have good reviews…. I just don’t get it, What business does not reply when you want to buy a very expensive item?!?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so mad, I contacted a jewelry store in June never heard anything. My husband emailed them in aug. nothing. He just emailed them again yesterday. Still nothing. They have good reviews…. I just don’t get it, What business does not reply when you want to buy a very expensive item?!?
That would be a red flag to me. The only explanation would be if there was a medical issue..Is it a small mom and pop store? Did you try calling them on the phone?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it is a brick and mortar store or office it may have businesses next to it. Try to reach the neighbor business to see if it is still open. I’ve done this with small shops like shoe repair that are too small to do the tech bit right re answering or returning calls.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake Thank you..I will tell my son and daughter-in-law. He’s the sweetest little guy. They had an IV in him..I was so worried but I didn’t let them know. I just tried to be there..if only by phone..

It’s scary as heck any time something happens with a little one.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is a red flag as well. If you have called twice with no return call within a few weeks I would reconsider using this jeweler. Have you used them in the past? I understand a jeweler being busy and it taking a few days to return the call.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
That would be a red flag to me. The only explanation would be if there was a medical issue..Is it a small mom and pop store? Did you try calling them on the phone?

They’re in LA and have a pretty big Active Instagram. They’re always on Instagram, it’s a small family business.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I think this is a red flag as well. If you have called twice with no return call within a few weeks I would reconsider using this jeweler. Have you used them in the past? I understand a jeweler being busy and it taking a few days to return the call.

I haven’t use them, they seem to have a good reputation on Instagram. Of course what I’m interested in is a one of a kind antique.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I’m actually pissed lol
It should not be this hard to buy jewelry:x2
I contacted them through their website and my husband contacted them using the email they suggested on Instagram.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t use them, they seem to have a good reputation on Instagram. Of course what I’m interested in is a one of a kind antique.

Keep calling, especially if it’s one you don’t want to get away.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I’m very close to writing them on Instagram and being like wtf. Im so aggravated….
Customer service sucks, I’ve worked in it and sales for years so I can’t understand them not answering emails.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess it’s not to be, I’m cursed in the engagement ring department

Oh no..Don’t say that @Smith3! Your perfect ring is out there waiting for you!

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Oh no..Don’t say that @Smith3! Your perfect ring is out there waiting for you!

10 years ago a ring I loved, an antique one got sold right before my then bf now husband went to buy it. It’s taken me 10 years to find one I like as much and similar style. I literally have looked everywhere, everyday online for 10 years. I wish I was exaggerating. I finally got my husband onboard with this (because it was overpriced) but I loved it. It’s seriously like a curse, me and him both message platt and they never answered and my husband finally got a reply last night after messages them on Instagram saying it sold. Months of them not replying. I don’t know what the odds are but it’s looking like an engagement ring curse to me

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
10 years ago a ring I loved, an antique one got sold right before my then bf now husband went to buy it. It’s taken me 10 years to find one I like as much and similar style. I literally have looked everywhere, everyday online for 10 years. I wish I was exaggerating. I finally got my husband onboard with this (because it was overpriced) but I loved it. It’s seriously like a curse, me and him both message platt and they never answered and my husband finally got a reply last night after messages them on Instagram saying it sold. Months of them not replying. I don’t know what the odds are but it’s looking like an engagement ring curse to me

@Smith3 I am so sorry…could you commission a talented bench/jeweler to create this ring for you?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@Smith3 Post an inspiration photo and specs you are looking for. Give us a budget. I will look..I’m sure some of us will help you. Start a thread to keep it all in one place. Your ring is out there. I’m sure of it!

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
@Smith3 Post an inspiration photo and specs you are looking for. Give us a budget. I will look..I’m sure some of us will help you. Start a thread to keep it all in one place. Your ring is out there. I’m sure of it!

I have had a thread a few years ago on the antique forum. Yada has tried to help me, I’m super picky.
I’m very emotional about it and I’m mad at this jewelry places for never answering. It was over $15,000, I find it insane they never replied. I wanted more info. It’s has a GIA report but not shown, I wanted to see it and I’m mad at my husband for dragging his feet, I wanted more effort out of him. I really just wanted him to make it happen. It’s been 10 years, it’s the least he could do. He knows how much it means to me. Maybe he’s the cursed one lol
He not fully to blame, platt is.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have had a thread a few years ago on the antique forum. Yada has tried to help me, I’m super picky.
I’m very emotional about it and I’m mad at this jewelry places for never answering. It was over $15,000, I find it insane they never replied. I wanted more info. It’s has a GIA report but not shown, I wanted to see it and I’m mad at my husband for dragging his feet, I wanted more effort out of him. I really just wanted him to make it happen. It’s been 10 years, it’s the least he could do. He knows how much it means to me. Maybe he’s the cursed one lol
He not fully to blame, platt is.

@Smith3 They were probably dragging their feet because the ring was already in the process of being sold. I’m so sorry you didn’t get the ring…I still think you will have a happy ending…Keep looking…

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IT'S RAINING, IT'S POURING. Oh happy day. We haven't had measurable rain since January. I'm so happy I could burst. It will bring relief to wildfire fire fighters, hopefully clear the air of smoke, and start to refill our depleted reservoirs.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be happy to pass along some of our rain to the West coast. We're getting tons of it.

In other news I gave blood today.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We made coq au vin last night, inspired by a book I was reading.

Oh. My. Goodness.

It was more work (and cost - LOL) than we usually put into our meals, but we will definitely be making it again, both for ourselves and for “company.”

We reviewed several recipes and incorporated their common elements. This recipe probably comes closest to how we prepared ours, but we finished ours off with an hour or so in the oven rather, not on the stove top.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have lusted after one of these for years and finally bought one. Can't wait to cook some chili but the first thing I'm going to make in it is no knead bread :lickout:

Le C.jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. I need to get this off my chest, and this seems as good a place as any. WHY do people use 'gentleman' when describing a known or suspected criminal? A rapist, a child molester, a murderer, and thief, an abusive boyfriend/husband, someone who attacks another person.... these are not examples of a gentleman!!

We are so damned afraid of offending the sensibilities of males in our society that even when know or suspect them of violent, heinous acts we go overboard in showing them respect like it makes up for deigning to speak of a man in an unflattering manner. They earned the their own loss of respect and regard. No need to tippie toe around them. 'The guy' will suffice. Because often times the male being referred to is not even a man, not by my definition anyway, much less a gentleman.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have lusted after one of these for years and finally bought one. Can't wait to cook some chili but the first thing I'm going to make in it is no knead bread :lickout:

Le C.jpg

@Matata , This made me smile. I don’t cook so I look at this and just see a pretty pot. Years ago one of the women I worked with would go to Sur La Table a few times a year to lust after this cookware (like we look at diamonds). She had a hard year and a group of us were trying to come with a birthday gift that she would be thrilled with. We bought her a cobalt blue color dutch oven and a bottle of Grey Goose vodka (another one of her favorites). The look on her face when she opened her present was priceless.

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea where to put this so here is as good as anywhere.

My MIL’s cremains are missing and there is a good possibility I accidentally donated them to Goodwill in a music box at least a month ago. There is an ever so slight chance I that I didn’t donate it but no luck so far. I feel awful for DH :(

Only me!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea where to put this so here is as good as anywhere.

My MIL’s cremains are missing and there is a good possibility I accidentally donated them to Goodwill in a music box at least a month ago. There is an ever so slight chance I that I didn’t donate it but no luck so far. I feel awful for DH :(

Only me!

Oh no! That is so crazy. I hope they turn up!
Were they in an urn or other container? How did they get into a music box? Oh gosh.

When my MIL passed away, DH brought home boxes of knick knacks and other things from her bedroom.
One item was a small ornate metal container shaped like a ginger jar, about 3 inches tall.
The lid wouldn't come off. But it felt like there was sand inside. We have since discovered that it is a small funerary urn. We think her sister's ashes are in it. It wasn't labeled, so we don't know for sure. We put it on the bookshelf. What else could we do?

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results