shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea where to put this so here is as good as anywhere.

My MIL’s cremains are missing and there is a good possibility I accidentally donated them to Goodwill in a music box at least a month ago. There is an ever so slight chance I that I didn’t donate it but no luck so far. I feel awful for DH :(

Only me!

I’m sorry @YadaYadaYada. I hope your husband comes to realize his mom is with him regardless of where her ashes are.

If it makes you feel any better a few years ago my brother worked at Goodwill. Someone had donated a pretty china decorative looking teapot that was taped up at the lid and spout. When they were taking the tape off the lid they noticed it was filled with ashes. Everyone at Goodwill thought someone had used it as an urn for their loved one. I think stuff like this happens more often than people realize. .

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 and @Calliecake, quick update, found the music box but no ashes were in there. I insist she is here somewhere. Most of her cremains were buried with her mother who died a year after her so we decided against an urn.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada , They are probably somewhere in your house. My FIL and MIL are in one of our closets. My husband‘s family could not come up with a place where they should spread the ashes so they have been with us ever since.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have lusted after one of these for years and finally bought one. Can't wait to cook some chili but the first thing I'm going to make in it is no knead bread :lickout:

Le C.jpg

I LOVE them! I have three! They make everything taste better!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE them! I have three! T

I want another one because they were out of the blue I wanted and I was too impatient to wait for a restock. #2 will be Marseille :kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want another one because they were out of the blue I wanted and I was too impatient to wait for a restock. #2 will be Marseille :kiss2:

The blue is gorgeous; I love mine. But I really like the color you got. It is EASY to have several of these jewels........

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The blue is gorgeous; I love mine. But I really like the color you got. It is EASY to have several of these jewels........

I have a round cobalt one..and two oval light blue ones. I love them so much I bought one for my daughter-in-law. She never uses it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love the orange one too!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a round cobalt one..and two oval light blue ones. I love them so much I bought one for my daughter-in-law. She never uses it!

Tell her to send it to me! Although I might like a pink one....LOL

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Took Ms Lucky to the vet today. They're keeping her for surgery as there's a mass in her groin that is very concerning.

I'm trying to be optimistic. She still eats, though she's finicky these days, even though she might like something the day before, she'll refuse it on that day. The vet says she's a bit on the thin side, which for a greyhound who's already thin, its concerning to hear that from the vet.

Last night it was just me and her. We hung out at the beach for an hour and she loved it, then I took her to Wendy's and got her burger and fries (this made her very happy).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Took Ms Lucky to the vet today. They're keeping her for surgery as there's a mass in her groin that is very concerning.

I'm trying to be optimistic. She still eats, though she's finicky these days, even though she might like something the day before, she'll refuse it on that day. The vet says she's a bit on the thin side, which for a greyhound who's already thin, its concerning to hear that from the vet.

Last night it was just me and her. We hung out at the beach for an hour and she loved it, then I took her to Wendy's and got her burger and fries (this made her very happy).

@Arcadian I hope the surgery goes well for Ms. Lucky today. I hope it’s just a cyst or something innocent…The fact that she ate her burger and fries at Wendy’s is a very good sign. Big hugs..

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian I hope the surgery goes well for Ms. Lucky today. I hope it’s just a cyst or something innocent…The fact that she ate her burger and fries at Wendy’s is a very good sign. Big hugs..

Thank you. At the vet she's officially lost 5lbs, which put her below her race weight (she's the same weight as her little sister). Thats a lot for a skinny dog like her. makes me worry a little bit more, but you're right, she's still eating, even if its on her own schedule, and that goes a very long way. She's at home now, so we wait.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you. At the vet she's officially lost 5lbs, which put her below her race weight (she's the same weight as her little sister). Thats a lot for a skinny dog like her. makes me worry a little bit more, but you're right, she's still eating, even if its on her own schedule, and that goes a very long way. She's at home now, so we wait.

That‘s good that she’s home..I don’t know if greyhounds get a lot of cysts. My dog Bailey had a ton of them. Periodically we would have one concerning one taken out. They were always benign. I started calling him Lumpy. I hope that’s all it is..When will you know the results?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry she is having issues. I'm a dog mom, always have been and always will be, and I know how hard it can be since they can't speak to you to tell you what is wrong. Hoping that the surgery goes well and it's nothing serious. Please keep us updated.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That‘s good that she’s home..I don’t know if greyhounds get a lot of cysts. My dog Bailey had a ton of them. Periodically we would have one concerning one taken out. They were always benign. I started calling him Lumpy. I hope that’s all it is..When will you know the results?
She started getting a few here and there about 6 or so. Nothing terribly serious but some have been in areas where you'd expect lyphoma so, I had them removed (last one was under her arm, she was 9 at the time) I don't think its the norm with greyhounds when they're young. Gigi has none of these things (she's 3 though) She's definitely gotten more lumpy in the last couple of years... In general, she'd get a lump and it would go away, but this was different, just didn't go away.

I should know something next few days, Wednesday/Thursday.

@Lookinagain it went very well, the vet said she came through without any issues at all. We don't like putting her under with her larger than normal heart (she's got a grade 2 murmur) But she's been quite healthy for a greyhound of her age aside from her throwing stones from time to time (clean now thankfully). Today she's barely let me out of her sight since she's been home.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Arcadian How is Ms. Lucky this morning?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian How is Ms. Lucky this morning?

Ridiculously good! I mean that in a good way of course! wanted to do a full walkie (I kept her to the a single block though) her back end is very unsteady though but I expect that. The walk tired her out though which may be leftovers from the anesthesia. She ate pretty good this morning. The last few weeks she hasn't wanted to eat in the a.m., but mom gave her breakfast in bed today (which changes things completely!! :lol: )

I'm happy how well she's bouncing back. I'm still full of anxiety of course. I have to keep her sister from checking out the incision :roll2:. But she's happy to see her for sure.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ridiculously good! I mean that in a good way of course! wanted to do a full walkie (I kept her to the a single block though) her back end is very unsteady though but I expect that. The walk tired her out though which may be leftovers from the anesthesia. She ate pretty good this morning. The last few weeks she hasn't wanted to eat in the a.m., but mom gave her breakfast in bed today (which changes things completely!! :lol: )

I'm happy how well she's bouncing back. I'm still full of anxiety of course. I have to keep her sister from checking out the incision :roll2:. But she's happy to see her for sure.

That’s great news @Arcadian! Maybe the growth was bothering her..That could have made her lose her appetite. I’m sure she’s enjoying all the food and extra attention! :kiss2:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have lusted after one of these for years and finally bought one. Can't wait to cook some chili but the first thing I'm going to make in it is no knead bread :lickout:

Le C.jpg

Over the past five years I have gradually been teaching my gradually my new husband - whose grandfather instilled in him frugality at a very early age - the benefits and pleasure of “splurging” on good tools for the kitchen. His re-education started early in our relationship, when I brought my 1960’s Sunbeam hand mixer, a family heirloom*, to his house. He had been doing all mixing with a fork or old-fashioned hand-crank beater before that, but quickly saw the benefits of an electric mixer! I finally boycotted tea served from an antique, crazed teapot that left the tea smelling of clay - or something - until he agreed to a new porcelain teapot that we chose together. I bribed him to exchange his ragtag collection of Tupperware measuring cups in ‘60’s harvest colors by offering to exchange it for a lovely set made of heavy, high-polish stainless steel. I bought a 2-burner camp stove to use when car-camping, and gradually added real tools to the meager backpacking kit he had been using for camping. Etcetera.

So a few months ago, when he decided that we needed to add a Dutch oven to our kitchen collection, I felt comfortable suggesting that he consult with the owner of a trusted local kitchen supply store without me. He came home with a lovely 4-quart Staub Coccotte Dutch oven in cherry red! He loves using it - it’s what we used to make coq au vin recently.

The next challenge will be to convince him that it would be a good idea to add a larger oval Dutch oven to our collection. ;-)

* Why I think of my hand-held mixer as an heirloom:

When I was very young and my family was fairly new to the US, we didn’t have money to spend on luxuries. Fortunately my mother knew how to stretch a dollar. She was great at finding bargains, she sewed many of our clothes, and she knew how to cook on a budget.

One day she and my father were out and about when she saw a man drive off with the suits he had just picked up from the dry cleaners still on the roof of his car. Of course the suits slid off the car. My parents quickly picked up the clothes, got in their car, and followed the man until they were able to overtake him and get his attention. The Sunbeam mixer was bought with the cash reward, probably five or ten dollars, that he convinced them to take.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cleaned out my drawers of my ring boxes. This is not normal. OMG I’m going to donate a bunch to the hospital gift shop. The bottom photo are just David Klass boxes. I even gave some away with gifts!

F9E28130-C53C-4FD4-8E28-B508BEAF2D7A.jpeg B268193C-BA1A-4756-8776-0928E00EA528.jpeg
29B65088-97EB-4595-91B6-C441E2B88E45.jpeg

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm impressed @MamaBee !

I’m more embarrassed..haha I know I bought a lot over time..but I was shocked. I keep finding more boxes. I know I threw some away too..

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone ever have shower thoughts? Literally a short or long thought while taking a shower. This was my shower thought ramble today:

A lot of the advice we give about rings/diamonds also applies to underwear.

1. Buy the best you can afford, you will never regret a few extra dollars for better quality.

2. Buy what pleases you, not your husband or anyone else, you are wearing it after all.

3. Make sure it fits you today, not ten years ago, but now and if not then make the effort to get the correct size.

4. Wash regularly, seriously why does this even need to be said?!

5. Don’t compare yours to people around you, some will be bigger, some will be smaller but none of that really matters in the big picture.

6. Try to remember them before you leave the house or people may get the wrong idea…..or maybe the right one ;-)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, It may not be normal but it made me laugh out loud. Keep a few of the boxes. You never know when you may need one.

My BIL got married during Covid last year. I had his mom’s diamond tennis bracelet and knew his new wife would love having a piece of his mom’s jewelry since she passed away years before they met. I didn’t have a pretty bracelet box to put it in. I ended up ordering a box on Amazon. I don’t know who was happier my BIL or SIL. She loves the bracelet.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee, It may not be normal but it made me laugh out loud. Keep a few of the boxes. You never know when you may need one.

My BIL got married during Covid last year. I had his mom’s diamond tennis bracelet and knew his new wife would love having a piece of his mom’s jewelry since she passed away years before they met. I didn’t have a pretty bracelet box to put it in. I ended up ordering a box on Amazon. I don’t know who was happier my BIL or SIL. She loves the bracelet.

That was a lovely thing to do for her...I think family jewelry is the best because of the memories.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, I love my SIL. I also know it would have made my MIL very happy. My BIL isnt a super emotional guy. He had tears in eyes when I told him I wanted him to have this for his wife.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone ever have shower thoughts?

Mine today:

*Yay, we got more rain;
*Shit the roof is leaking in the sunroom;
*Double shit, there's no one available for roof repair for weeks;
*We should move -- downgrade size of house, upgrade quality

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results