shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry Mamabee. How are they even allowed to work without being vaccinated? This should be illegal. Have they told you when you will be able to see your mom?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry Mamabee. How are they even allowed to work without being vaccinated? This should be illegal. Have they told you when you will be able to see your mom?

Thank you @Calliecake The date resets forward each time...Two weeks from today. We haven’t seen her in a month and a half. She’s two minutes down the road.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee -- this is so sad, for you, for your mother -- for goodness sakes, can't they find a room with a window to the outside, so you could be outside and your mom could be inside, and the two of you could talk on the phone and see each other's faces?

Are you able to FaceTime / Skype / Video call each other?

With her nursing home so close, can you arrange with the home that you drop off an envelope for your mom daily or every other day, enclosing a short cheery/loving letter or photo or tree leaf ...?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee -- this is so sad, for you, for your mother -- for goodness sakes, can't they find a room with a window to the outside, so you could be outside and your mom could be inside, and the two of you could talk on the phone and see each other's faces?

Are you able to FaceTime / Skype / Video call each other?

With her nursing home so close, can you arrange with the home that you drop off an envelope for your mom daily or every other day, enclosing a short cheery/loving letter or photo or tree leaf ...?

Those are sweet ideas @marymm..I call her at least two times a day. I asked her if she would like a video call..but she doesn’t like them. I especially like your idea of photos. I think I’ll make her a little album.
She’s four flights up..She can’t leave her floor because of quarantine. They also want her to stay in her room. I stood outside the home a few times..but she could barely see me. She looked like Rapunzel in her tower. It was awful. My fear is that she will pass away without seeing us.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @MamaBee. Incan only imagine how upsetting this must be for you. I would have the same fears you are having. I was going to ask if they could let her come outside and you could just sit with her outside and talk but that sounds impossible if she can’t leave her floor. Has she had her 3rd vaccination? If she has I would tell them to let her come down to see you outside. They aren’t protecting her by letting their employees work there without being vaccinated.

I don’t see how sitting outside 6 feet apart (with masks on) just the two of you is going to cause more cases. Their employees are causing the cases.

I’m probably not helping you at all. I am upset for you.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh @MamaBee. Incan only imagine how upsetting this must be for you. I would have the same fears you are having. I was going to ask if they could let her come outside and you could just sit with her outside and talk but that sounds impossible if she can’t leave her floor. Has she had her 3rd vaccination? If she has I would tell them to let her come down to see you outside. They aren’t protecting her by letting their employees work there without being vaccinated.

I don’t see how sitting outside 6 feet apart (with masks on) just the two of you is going to cause more cases. Their employees are causing the cases.

I’m probably not helping you at all. I am upset for you.

Thank you @Calliecake..It’s a risk for her to leave her floor. There’s covid on the floor above and below her. She would have to go into the same elevator. The main floor entrance is the floor that also has a covid case. She’s just safer in her room. They got five residents together from her same floor to play trivial pursuit today. She said she had such a good time. That made me a little happier.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina, What a happy time for you and your family. I hope you are getting lots of attention from Bertie too.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I spoke with my dear friend for the last time yesterday evening. She decided to stop cancer treatment and go to hospice soon. She sounded confident and at peace with her decision, so I'm glad for that.
I already have another friend with cancer in hospice now.
A third friend died of cancer a couple of months ago.

I was already depressed before this. DH and I are separated and still living together, and I am having loss of central vision. I need to read for work (hoping to still have 10-15 years of a career left) and I read a lot as a pastime.

I'm mega depressed now.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I spoke with my dear friend for the last time yesterday evening. She decided to stop cancer treatment and go to hospice soon. She sounded confident and at peace with her decision, so I'm glad for that.

I was already depressed before this. DH and I are separated and still living together, and I am having loss of central vision. I need to read for work (hoping to still have 10-15 years of a career left) and I read a lot as a pastime.

I'm mega depressed now.

I’m so sorry @mary poppins ..

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm mega depressed now.

Im sorry @mary poppins (((hugs)))

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The neighbor's dog has been barking for hours! I suspect they are not home, and left the dog in the backyard. They live diagonally behind me. High walls separate our yards. I do not know them.

This high pitched bark, sounds like a wooden chair being scraped across the floor.
I can't take it any more!!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The neighbor's dog has been barking for hours! I suspect they are not home, and left the dog in the backyard. They live diagonally behind me. High walls separate our yards. I do not know them.

This high pitched bark, sounds like a wooden chair being scraped across the floor.

I'd leave a note on their door. That's not fair to you or the dog.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd leave a note on their door. That's not fair to you or the dog.

They have 2 or 3 Yorkies. Sometimes when they bark, the lady comes out and yells at them........:x2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
They have 2 or 3 Yorkies. Sometimes when they bark, the lady comes out and yells at them........:x2

My neighbor had a Yorkie. He was really cute but OMG..he barked constantly. She kept him on her back deck..His bark was like chalk on a blackboard.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My neighbor had a Yorkie. He was really cute but OMG..he barked constantly. She kept him on her back deck..His bark was like chalk on a blackboard.

Yep, Yorkies are definitely barkers. And if there are a few, wow, I get it. But they still shouldn't be outside for hours.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm mega depressed now.

I'm sorry you have so much sadness in your life right now. Is your vision due to something you know about? If not, please get it checked out.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mary poppins I am so sorry for all your loss and the heartache you are experiencing. I second @TooPatient 's advice to please get your vision checked out if you have not already done so. Many causes of vision loss are if not preventable at least treatable. Sending you good wishes and gentle hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ugh some people do not deserve to have animals in their family.:( How can they treat their fur baby like that? Why have dogs if you are going to keep them outside and isolated for hours on end? I hope the barking stopped for you @stracci2000 and the dog is OK.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh some people do not deserve to have animals in their family.:( How can they treat their fur baby like that? Why have dogs if you are going to keep them outside and isolated for hours on end? I hope the barking stopped for you @stracci2000 and the dog is OK.

The barking stopped after about 3 hours.
I guess they finally came home and brought the dog in. Sheesh!
When she goes out there and screams at them, it makes me crazy! How is that supposed to help?
No wonder they bark, she probably makes them anxious and jumpy.

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The barking stopped after about 3 hours.
I guess they finally came home and brought the dog in. Sheesh!
When she goes out there and screams at them, it makes me crazy! How is that supposed to help?
No wonder they bark, she probably makes them anxious and jumpy.

Not sure where or what county you live in but you can call the county animal control where I live. They will come and speak with
them or leave them a nasty gram if they're not home. I think they can be fined in the long run if they don't take care of it.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Can someone direct me to the thread about cataloguing/inventorying your jewelry collection? I want to start on mine today and wanted to check that thread for pointers but now I can't find it anywhere.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can someone direct me to the thread about cataloguing/inventorying your jewelry collection? I want to start on mine today and wanted to check that thread for pointers but now I can't find it anywhere.

Is this it?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Is this it?

Yes. Thank you!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm doing the no/low carb thing. I never through throwing away the croutons from a chicken Caesar salad would make me so sad...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found out that a great guy in our group of friends died yesterday. Not sure what happened. Just know that it wasn't an airplane accident. He helped us get through a massive challenge in our project at the beginning (this would otherwise have meant the project was over) and has always been a great source of information for others. I was looking forward to getting to know him better. It was always later. When we can fly and get together with him at air shows. Well, now we don't get that chance. So many things I wish we could have asked him, stories to have heard, meals to have shared.
I wish I had reached out rather than trying to not be a bother. He was a busy man. Known by many. I didn't want to intrude on his time. Now I wish I had.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry @TooPatient.

It is true we regret the things we did not do rather than things we did do and it is a good reminder to reach out to those we care about even when life is busy and stressful for both parties. Thank you for this very important reminder.

I am so sorry for your loss. :(

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, One of my close friends granddaughter had a seizure from a fever about two years ago. She was about the same age your grandson is when she had it. My friend was watching her when It happened. They were told to keep a close eye on her when she runs a fever and that this happens sometimes with babies and small children. They did tests and everything checked out fine and she has been fine since. I hope hearing this can help you and her parents feel a little better.

@canuk-gal, Sending healing dust to your mom. I‘m sorry this is so hard right now. It tough watching our parents age, it especially hard when serious health problems appear. Hugs

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results