color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2010 11:47:29 PM
Author: decodelighted
Decided to jump the gun on Summer today and drove 2 1/2 hours to the nearest B-E-A-C-H. Was heavenly! And it ended up being 55 degrees/sunny -- much warmer than the forecast, so LUCKY US! The puppy girl still doesn''t seem to like the surf. She dragged me as far away from it as possible -- actually straddling the ledge of sand below the boardwalk''s edge and leaning into the wall all the way to the ramp up. She''s *strong* for 8 lbs. Must be pure muscle. Or abject fear + adrenaline. If she could have beamed herself to the center point between the US coastlines, I swear she would have. But socializing with the other doggies on the boardwalk was another story entirely. Pure delight. She developed a kind of Ashton/Demi relationship with a fine Puggle specimen. Fun day.
Wow, this sounds like the best idea I''ve heard in a long time!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 9:57:23 AM
Author: fiery
I''m really worried about this year''s hurricane season. It''s the first time in my 16 years of living in Florida that I''m scared about what''s to come.

Fiery - I am as well. After seeing yet another earthquake on the news last night, I''m worried that the hurricanes will also be far worse. I''m trying REALLY HARD to convince my family that we DO NEED another horse trailer....
32.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I''m really worried about this year''s hurricane season. It''s the first time in my 16 years of living in Florida that I''m scared about what''s to come.

Fiery, your avatar is ADORABLE!!!
9.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I had an interview today and was offered the job on the spot! I start tomorrow. It''s full time (no contract work *dances*) as a web designer/admin assistant and after a couple months I will be promoted to project manager and given raises periodically! I''ll be making the same salary I had at my last job when I was laid off and they are giving me the same hours that DH has at his job!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smurfy, did they specify how long it''d be before you would be considered for the promotion? This might be something you want to negotiate before you accept the job.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have a knack for wearing flip flops and then having it pour. Honestly, not a cloud in the sky this morning and VOLIA- cue rain. In manner of old people predicting storms with aching joints, look to my feet for an accurate weather forecast.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
DH told me that he read an article saying that men are 60% more likely to get hit on while wearing a wedding ring.

I reminded him that he is 100% more likely to lose half of everything he owns if he does anything with a girl that hits on him.

11.gif
How bout' them odds...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 3:07:27 PM
Author: meresal
DH told me that he read an article saying that men are 60% more likely to get hit on while wearing a wedding ring.

I reminded him that he is 100% more likely to lose half of everything he owns if he does anything with a girl that hits on him.

11.gif
How bout'' them odds...

Hahaha I love it!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

11.gif
How bout'' them odds...
BWAHAHAHAHA. Diet coke on keyboard.
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

11.gif
How bout'' them odds...
grins.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sitting in bed as I am freezing cold. My 11 and 5 year old sons were trying to get a cuddle with me alongside the cat. The 11 year old said ''why is everyone trying to get close to you mummy....I will tell you why - because you are so loveable''.

I love my son!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I just ate many spoonfuls of homemade frosting. Washed it down with Diet Coke.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Saw a bad accident today. A car went flying over the parking lot and broad sided a car... Then tried to leave with their bumper hanging off. I was behind the car that was broad sided. I lept out of my car and told the lady, no way are you leaving.
29.gif

I had my cell phone and had just dialed 911. I said I am on the phone with 911!!! Hands free of course..

I saw the whole thing and am still shaking. The lady who was hit, is going to be ok. I stayed with her till the police got there, and her husband came rushing. I said to him, your wife is very lucky.

The woman who''s car lept over the parking lot and into the street had a passenger with her. I told the police funny how she''s gone now... I saw her walking away.. But was busy with the woman who''s car was hit.

Just goes to show, life can change in a nano second.
12.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/8/2010 4:17:28 PM
Author: jas
Diet coke negates all. In my book.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My gosh Kaleigh, that''s terrible! I''m gad the woman who was hit will be okay though.

Smurfy -- congratulations! I agree with HH -- I''d find out more about the time frame of the promotion(s) before accepting the position. But that''s great news and I hope it work out!

I just found out that one of my grad school professors passed away over the weekend. He died of a massive heart attack, apparently. He was a great professor, and he meant so much to a lot of people at my school.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 4:22:06 PM
Author: Strawdermangrl

Date: 3/8/2010 4:17:28 PM
Author: jas
Diet coke negates all. In my book.
Tis true. But my tummy feels like a toxic waste dump.

Kaleigh -- you did a good thing on behalf of that woman!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh~
23.gif
DH came across a really bad accident yesterday but everyone stopped. I can''t imagine what people are thinking sometimes!!!

Mere~ LOL!!

I''ve had 2 Cadbury eggs today. Funny, I thought they''d help the nauseated feeling, not so.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
HH, Straw, and Maisie- DH just looked at me, smiled, laughed a bit, and kissed my forehead. I wasn't about to humor that comment with anything but my typical sarcasm.
9.gif

Maisie- I'm so excited to meet our son. I hope that he is sweet like yours.

Kaleigh- I'm sorry you had to witness that. It is a horribly shocking thing to be a part of. So glad to hear that the woman is going to be ok. Very fortunate indeed.
I saw an accident in 2003, where 2 people died on the sceen. I ended up dealing with it for over 2 years, and ended up being the only credible witness in a vehicular manslaughter case. The guy driving behind me swerved INTO another car and sent them thru the middle of the highway (I-35 actually, which is a major highway)... the car that he swerved into took flight and landed on top of a completely unsuspecting couple coming southbound on the other side. Crushed them.
It was a horrible thing to be a part of, but I'm so glad that I stuck around to meet with the police. The driver from behind me has now completed 4 of his 20 years in prison.

FYI- We found out afterwards when I was being prepped for court, that he had a prior record which included (this is the short list)... a restraining order from a prior girlfriend and 2 assault with a deadly weapon charges.
29.gif

I hope that they are able to find the driver of the car that hit her. People are insane... especially the ones that think they can leave the scene.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 4:36:29 PM
HH, Straw, and Maise- DH just looked at me, smiled, laughed a bit, and kissed my forehead. I wasn''t about to humor that comment with anything but my typical sarcasm.
9.gif

Maise- I''m so excited to meet our son. I hope that he is sweet like yours.
I''m sure he will be. My daughters are lovely but my sons are the most affectionate.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 4:36:29 PM
HH, Straw, and Maisie- DH just looked at me, smiled, laughed a bit, and kissed my forehead. I wasn''t about to humor that comment with anything but my typical sarcasm.
9.gif

Maisie- I''m so excited to meet our son. I hope that he is sweet like yours.

Kaleigh- I''m sorry you had to witness that. It is a horribly shocking thing to be a part of. So glad to hear that the woman is going to be ok. Very fortunate indeed.
I saw an accident in 2003, where 2 people died on the sceen. I ended up dealing with it for over 2 years, and ended up being the only credible witness in a vehicular manslaughter case. The guy driving behind me swerved INTO another car and sent them thru the middle of the highway (I-35 actually, which is a major highway)... the car that he swerved into took flight and landed on top of a completely unsuspecting couple coming southbound on the other side. Crushed them.
It was a horrible thing to be a part of, but I''m so glad that I stuck around to meet with the police. The driver from behind me has now completed 4 of his 20 years in prison.

FYI- We found out afterwards when I was being prepped for court, that he had a prior record which included (this is the short list)... a restraining order from a prior girlfriend and 2 assault with a deadly weapon charges.
29.gif

I hope that they are able to find the driver of the car that hit her. People are insane... especially the ones that think they can leave the scene.
Oh mere, that''s awful.

The lady didn''t leave the scene, she tried to, but I blocked her and said nope you are staying put. I seriously stood in front of her car!!!

The bumper was hanging off, and by the time the police came she had gotten out to try and put it back on... Like we wouldn''t notice that??

People kill me...

I am sick with a bad head cold and was going out to get some chicken soup!!!

But am glad I was there for the woman. No one in the Parking lot of the supermarket came forward. I even stopped a delivery truck as he was leaving because he saw it. I know he did, I saw his face and his reaction. I said please stay and give your account. He said really I didn''t see anything...

Liar.
11.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 7:37:45 PM
Author: yssie
Date: 3/4/2010 6:51:26 PM

Author: packrat

Trapper *finally* decided to go potty in the toilet like a big boy. Only twice but it''s a start. And..he has an interesting way of going about it. How, you ask? My son stands on the seat. Stands ON the seat. I had to lean him back so the stream would hit the bowl hahahaha
23.gif

9.gif

haha I know it! I can''t figure out why he thinks that''s the proper way!

Signed up today for hunter''s safety. Sounds like 1/2 the people taking it will be adults so at least I don''t have to worry about being in a sea of 11 year olds.

Mom and dad got back from Vegas Sunday-she saved a magazine from Caesar''s for me b/c it has Johnny Depp on the front. She kept one for herself. JD punched it a couple times.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, I''m glad the woman is going to be ok-how scary!

Yesterday after getting groceries, the kids and I were at a red light. The ambulance was coming from the hospital opposite us, lights and sirens going-they had a red light and obviously they''re going to run it. The southbound lane was green, and the only vehicle coming was a minivan *flying* down the hill-had they been paying attention, they''d have seen the ambulance and stopped. I had my hands over my mouth saying "Oh god oh god" and the ambulance driver did some kind of NASCAR maneuver and didn''t hit the van.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want roasted peanuts RIGHT NOW.

I guess the bag of cashews I polished off this morning wasn''t enough
40.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys, I''ll be promoted in 2-3 months
9.gif

I''ll be working with a construction company so they hired me on purpose a couple months before they hit the busy time (spring and summer) to be able to get a hang of it, get the jargon down, all of that :)
I start tomorrow!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many congratulations, Smurphy!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It's quite the compliment that they hired you on the spot... and landing the position must be a huge relief, too. You have a lot to celebrate!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 9:46:25 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Many congratulations, Smurphy!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It''s quite the compliment that they hired you on the spot... and landing the position must be a huge relief, too. You have a lot to celebrate!

Thank you! I did treat myself to a glass of wine with dinner and made some cookies tonight, chocolate chip with caramel on the inside
18.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 8:33:50 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
Hey guys, I''ll be promoted in 2-3 months
9.gif

I''ll be working with a construction company so they hired me on purpose a couple months before they hit the busy time (spring and summer) to be able to get a hang of it, get the jargon down, all of that :)
I start tomorrow!
Congrats! Good for you!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I must be REALLY hormonal. I did a day trip today. Left the house before 6 to catch the 730 flight. Just got home about 35 mins ago and totally melted down because DH didn''t read all the blackberry messages I sent him on they way home. I was sending him messages progressively letting him know I was on my way and when I walked in he hadn''t read the last few and had no idea I was so close. It really hurt my feelings and I lost it. But I''m okay now.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 11:42:56 AM
Author: Tuckins1

Fiery, your avatar is ADORABLE!!!
9.gif

Thank you!
5.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results