clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 8:33:50 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
Hey guys, I''ll be promoted in 2-3 months
9.gif

I''ll be working with a construction company so they hired me on purpose a couple months before they hit the busy time (spring and summer) to be able to get a hang of it, get the jargon down, all of that :)
I start tomorrow!
Congrats, Smurfy!! I''m so happy for you!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Luckyeshe!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
So there may, or may not, be a cute guy that works in our building. I may, or may not, have been trying to be all cute and flirty as I walked away from our conversation while getting coffee in the common kitchen...regardless, I did not see the wall that has been there since the beginning of time. I collided with the wall and ended up with coffee all over me, the wall, the water cooler, the coke machine and the floor. Way to go, Renee. Way.to.go.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dog tried to eat a stink bug last night and I guess he found it disgusting. He spit it out and kept shaking his head and making this weird sneeze noise. He entertains me.
1.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2010 8:20:23 AM
Author: Strawdermangrl
So there may, or may not, be a cute guy that works in our building. I may, or may not, have been trying to be all cute and flirty as I walked away from our conversation while getting coffee in the common kitchen...regardless, I did not see the wall that has been there since the beginning of time. I collided with the wall and ended up with coffee all over me, the wall, the water cooler, the coke machine and the floor. Way to go, Renee. Way.to.go.
yknow, too bad he didn''t see it, he probably would''ve thought it was cute
2.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock

LOL, I''ve done this many many times.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock

I''m not proud to say that I''ve been there, done that! I hope your coffee wasn''t too hot.
39.gif
That really hurts.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/9/2010 8:35:16 AM
Author: yssie

yknow, too bad he didn't see it, he probably would've thought it was cute
2.gif
if by cute you mean "special" then yes, I agree.
9.gif

HH- I am INFAMOUS for this. I was getting out of the car one night at my apartment and decided to grab something with a quickness out of the backseat. I totally didn't think about how fast my head was moving towards the object in question and I completely SLAMMED my head into the door frame.
38.gif
Worst part? Someone DID see that. I hear this guy bellow from the 3rd floor "OMG, are you OK?!"..." Yeah, just a little damaged pride is all- nothing to see here, carry on" He insists "NO, really, you OK? Your head BOUNCED you hit it so hard".
36.gif
At least he was making sure the ENTIRE complex heard. LOL.

OUpeargirl- All the hot coffee burned was my pride.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 8:34:24 AM
Author: puppmom
My dog tried to eat a stink bug last night and I guess he found it disgusting. He spit it out and kept shaking his head and making this weird sneeze noise. He entertains me.
1.gif
i love dogs. mine buried his head in the covers this morning as i was getting ready for work, and i finally just looked and said, "Charlie, seriously. What in the world are you doing?" he looked at me with his head cocked to the side, and covers over his head like a little babooshka woman. I just busted out laughing. I wish he could talk.

April20

Ideal_Rock
When I was about ten, I crashed my bike into the neighbor''s fence because I was watching all the boys playing baseball rather than watching where I was going..... I won''t even tell you the things I''ve done as an adult!!!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2010 10:56:59 AM
Author: charbie

Date: 3/9/2010 8:34:24 AM
Author: puppmom
1.gif
i love dogs. mine buried his head in the covers this morning as i was getting ready for work, and i finally just looked and said, ''Charlie, seriously. What in the world are you doing?'' he looked at me with his head cocked to the side, and covers over his head like a little babooshka woman. I just busted out laughing. I wish he could talk.
I confess that I am sometimes jealous of my dog in the morning. I''m rushing around to get ready for work and there is laying in the spot I left warm for him when I crawled out of bed.

I also find it terribly cute that Hollis swats me with his paws when we''re clipping his nails. He gets so excited about the treats that he keeps trying to give me his paw. Sometimes I just want to scream because cutting his nails weekly (yes, I said WEEKLY - ugh!) is such a chore but he is funny!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 10:13:35 AM

2.gif
if by cute you mean ''special'' then yes, I agree.
9.gif

HH- I am INFAMOUS for this. I was getting out of the car one night at my apartment and decided to grab something with a quickness out of the backseat. I totally didn''t think about how fast my head was moving towards the object in question and I completely SLAMMED my head into the door frame.
38.gif
Worst part? Someone DID see that. I hear this guy bellow from the 3rd floor ''OMG, are you OK?!''...'' Yeah, just a little damaged pride is all- nothing to see here, carry on'' He insists ''NO, really, you OK? Your head BOUNCED you hit it so hard''.
36.gif

I had hated my DH for over a year, but then he fell down a staircase right in front of me (I SWEAR I didn''t push him)... and since I couldn''t ignore him, I asked if he was hurt... his reply "Just my pride." We talked all night, became best friends after that, and now are married.

Lots of good things can come from complete humiliation
2.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 1:01:39 PM
Author: meresal
Date: 3/9/2010 10:13:35 AM

2.gif
if by cute you mean ''special'' then yes, I agree.
9.gif

HH- I am INFAMOUS for this. I was getting out of the car one night at my apartment and decided to grab something with a quickness out of the backseat. I totally didn''t think about how fast my head was moving towards the object in question and I completely SLAMMED my head into the door frame.
38.gif
Worst part? Someone DID see that. I hear this guy bellow from the 3rd floor ''OMG, are you OK?!''...'' Yeah, just a little damaged pride is all- nothing to see here, carry on'' He insists ''NO, really, you OK? Your head BOUNCED you hit it so hard''.
36.gif

I had hated my DH for over a year, but then he fell down a staircase right in front of me (I SWEAR I didn''t push him)... and since I couldn''t ignore him, I asked if he was hurt... his reply ''Just my pride.'' We talked all night, became best friends after that, and now are married.

2.gif

Ummm, adoreable. I love that story, thanks for putting a smile on my face. I love cute how we met (or got together at least) stories!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
ooooh, I love random "say anything" threads. My life is filled with random thoughts.

I love that my toddler is nodding in her high chair... she has been giving it to me all day. As soon as I finish feeding her sister, I''m dropping her off for a nap!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate immigration laws. I want to know how come the only way my happy butt can live in Canada is if my bf and I get married! Can''t I have a normal relationship for once? I mean really? I can''t believe that I don''t qualify under any other immigration law to get into the country! I wish I had the means to pay college tuition and come on a student visa...but I don''t. Which leaves a work visa. Which I found out I can''t get because of labor laws in Canada and because I don''t have a special skill. Who knew this was going to be so darn difficult! Grrrr! I just want to live here, get a job and go to school and date my boyfriend like a normal person! Instead, I get to sit around bored at his apt all day long hoping to run across some babysitting job or a volunteer opportunity to keep me busy thoughout the day!

I know we''ll figure something out. But I never fully understood PSers frustration until now. Guess after my long visit I''ll be going home and doing the long distance thing until we get engaged (which we will, but we''re not ready yet).

Thank you random comments thread for letting me vent. Stupid immigration laws. Grrrr!
On on happy note, my trips going well and it''s nice to be able to spend time with my honey in person and not on web cam! Ekkk!
36.gif

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
I do pushups at work. Right now I have an inkling to do a few!
37.gif

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Awww... Just read that Layla Grace, the little girl battling cancer, died this morning.
7.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 1:26:28 PM
Author: charbie

Date: 3/9/2010 1:01:39 PM
Author: meresal
I had hated my DH for over a year, but then he fell down a staircase right in front of me (I SWEAR I didn't push him)... and since I couldn't ignore him, I asked if he was hurt... his reply 'Just my pride.' We talked all night, became best friends after that, and now are married.

2.gif
Ummm, adoreable. I love that story, thanks for putting a smile on my face. I love cute how we met (or got together at least) stories!

Thanks.
4.gif
(After absolutely despising someone, it's kind of funny how quickly you can move past it, in certain situations.)

We had met about 9 months earlier, and even dated for about a month after meeting... didn't end well that time, obviously
9.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/9/2010 3:20:36 PM
Author: Bleed Burnt Orange
37.gif
I will be your work push up buddy. Lets go for 10...

PS- I am a UT Alum too. :) Hook ''em.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 3:52:44 PM

37.gif

Sweet!! Especially now that I''ve had some Girl Scout Cookies...1....2..........3........

When did you graduate? I wish I still lived in Austin.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Taking Hunter''s Safety this weekend. There''s a big ole booklet to review and do questions on before class even. An acquaintance signed up for it too b/c neither of us wanted to do it alone but we both want the option of going hunting at some point w/our husbands.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
20 minutes and I''m gone from work!
1.gif

On a more b****y note, why do people post topics and then fight all the suggestions/criticisms/etc? If you don''t want to hear other people''s opinions, DON''T POST!
40.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been inhaling floor cleaner for the last hour!
14.gif
lol

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/9/2010 3:54:44 PM

37.gif

Sweet!! Especially now that I''ve had some Girl Scout Cookies...1....2..........3........

I am wishing I was in Austin too...where are you now? I am in Houston. I am in school in the Med Center down here...sigh.

Were they thin mints?! OHHHH...please be thin mints. OHHh....

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 4:27:05 PM

37.gif

I am wishing I was in Austin too...where are you now? I am in Houston. I am in school in the Med Center down here...sigh.

I am in Houston now too. Just working...bleh.

I have the thin mint stash at home! Shortbread and lemonades (which I JUST found out about this year) at work.

BTW...I did 14 pushups. I have to be careful not to look like a maniac. LOL

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/9/2010 4:30:33 PM

37.gif

I have the thin mint stash at home! Shortbread and lemonades (which I JUST found out about this year) at work.

OMG, you are here too!? Ughh...you can share in my misery. LOL.

You.must.share.stash. Cookies aren''t fun alone...
38.gif
I did bootcamp this morning and have found that I have completely jello arms. No good for attempted office pushups. Plus, my CEO is looking at me funny. LOL.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 4:43:50 PM

Date: 3/9/2010 4:30:33 PM

37.gif

OMG, you are here too!? Ughh...you can share in my misery. LOL.

You.must.share.stash. Cookies aren''t fun alone...
38.gif
I did bootcamp this morning and have found that I have completely jello arms. No good for attempted office pushups. Plus, my CEO is looking at me funny. LOL.
I have bootcamp right after work!!! I''m in week 4 and I was doing pushups on my own before. I''ve DEFINITELY gotten my money''s worth in the last 3 weeks.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 4:54:42 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Sad my son is enroute to to Texas now to his next duty station... hoping he is very careful with the winds.. miss him already but had a really nice breakfast together and he treated me to pedicures. I sent him off with all sorts of Mommilies.. well, of course! Its certainly quiet at home now.
5.gif
He''ll be back home again to visit before you know it. Glad to hear you had a great morning with him though!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Mmmmmh chocolate.

I cannot wait for easter eggs.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 4:54:42 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Sad my son is enroute to to Texas now to his next duty station... hoping he is very careful with the winds.. miss him already but had a really nice breakfast together and he treated me to pedicures. I sent him off with all sorts of Mommilies.. well, of course! Its certainly quiet at home now.
5.gif

console2.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results