shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my times of anxiety and depression, I would be awake until 5:30am every day. It was the magic hour where suddenly I'd feel it was "safe" to go to sleep, and I would be able to do so easily at that time. Obviously I was not working. It was just the most comfortable time for some reason. Like nothing bad could happen if I waited until then to sleep? I was like that all my life. I hope you can turn your sleep hours around @PintoBean . Maybe it will just happen at some point.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my times of anxiety and depression, I would be awake until 5:30am every day. It was the magic hour where suddenly I'd feel it was "safe" to go to sleep, and I would be able to do so easily at that time. Obviously I was not working. It was just the most comfortable time for some reason. Like nothing bad could happen if I waited until then to sleep? I was like that all my life. I hope you can turn your sleep hours around @PintoBean . Maybe it will just happen at some point.
I was getting better until the recent "changes". Now I am working my way back and slowly making progress. I started off waking up at 630pm a few weeks ago and now I'm up at 130pm woot!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dinner--homegrown lemon cucumbers and tomatoes, salt, pepper, pinot grigio vinegar and olive oil. Yum.
cukes & tomatoes.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dinner--homegrown lemon cucumbers and tomatoes, salt, pepper, pinot grigio vinegar and olive oil. Yum.
cukes & tomatoes.jpg
I do a similar salad too! My dressing is garlic sea salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar or glaze and garlic and herb olive oil. :lickout:

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All this middle of the night nursing sessions with the baby is doing 2 things:
1. Making me hungry (but too lazy to eat something thank god, otherwise I'll be adding a very unfortunate 3rd bullet point of gaining weight)
2. Making me buy jewelry online! o_Oo_Oo_O

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is not news that Jews were denied entry to the United States during World War II and that refugees were turned away. It is certainly timely, given the hostility to refugees seeking asylum today (to think it is fine to deport them at the borders without hearings) to look at the story of Anne Frank. She is one child who is famous and well-loved. Now papers have been found that show her family was denied access to the United States that would have prevented their having to go into hiding in Nazi-occupied Europe. While Otto Frank was not denied a visa, his request was not processed. It reminded me of the asylum seekers who line up at correct points of entry day after day, but are turned away and told to return because there are not enough people to process applications.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/06/...18/07/06/us/anne-frank-family-escape-usa.html

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2:I just learned that there is a way to do an eBay auction where you select a charity and then set percentage you'd like to donate!

Now I have a good outlet for Michael's new with tag/new in box items. My plan is to donate 50% of the winning bid to the charity and the balance towards my cats' trust. Right now it's gonna cost $21k not including inflation to get them into the rescue I've chosen if I were to croak soon after the never finished will is... finished and the trust set up. The plan is to set aside $25k.

So off the top of my head there are a couple pairs of new jeans, some new shoes, a few sets of the same l'occitane perfumes he'd wear, a cat themed monopoly, etc. the more stuff I organize the more stuff I find lol.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We looked at a new car to buy for me two weeks ago. Went back in today to move forward, and were told that our salesman had died in the interim. I'm no longer sure I want to pursue this car. Am I crazy, or would anyone else feel a bit freaked out? I can be superstitious even though I'm a science based believer. This really threw me today though. My husband told the "new" salesman we'd get back to him specifically because *I* was unsettled. Thanks DH. :knockout:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We looked at a new car to buy for me two weeks ago. Went back in today to move forward, and were told that our salesman had died in the interim. I'm no longer sure I want to pursue this car. Am I crazy, or would anyone else feel a bit freaked out? I can be superstitious even though I'm a science based believer. This really threw me today though. My husband told the "new" salesman we'd get back to him specifically because *I* was unsettled. Thanks DH. :knockout:

Well... as long as he didn't die IN the car I'd be OK with it. And even then, I'd just ask for a discount!

(Kidding!)

Seriously, you get to feel however YOU feel. No need to explain your feelings to ANYONE else. If this casts a shadow for you over the car then absolutely go buy a different one.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... as long as he didn't die IN the car I'd be OK with it. And even then, I'd just ask for a discount!

(Kidding!)

Seriously, you get to feel however YOU feel. No need to explain your feelings to ANYONE else. If this casts a shadow for you over the car then absolutely go buy a different one.

This!

You can feel any way you feel and do not have to justify it to anyone -- including yourself. There are more cars out there so if you don't feel completely comfortable with the car, keep looking.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I'm able to separate the shock, from the car. I'd done so much research, and there were only 3 choices anyway and this was the best value. The truth is, I've had sudden losses and am taken aback by the way the world keeps turning, ya know? I'm thinking of his family, etc. I think we will proceed.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We bought a car. Same dealership, different car. I was feeling really morbid and told my husband that I hoped we didn't curse another salesperson. We get it in a week. Nissan Rogue Midnight Edition. I made a request that the new license plate could not end in 666. I'm taking no chances.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know you’re obsessed with rings when you are coming out of anesthesia mumbling and having a nightmare about buying an expensive ring without you’re husband’s ‘permission.’ And the new ring is already on your finger. But it’s actually the oxygen monitor taped tightly to your ring finger. The surgeons told hubby I was super chatty and a tad agitated. As if I ever needed his permission?! :lol:
Also, the first thing I need from him is my new French cut eternity band from Redwood back on my hand. Especially when I see he has kept it unsecured in his front pocket for my 7-hour surgery. I mean, I need something to gaze at as I recover, don’t I?

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just realized there's less than 6 weeks left of my maternity leave. I was supposed to be out 24 weeks, where did the rest of the weeks go??? Freaking out a bit here, there is so much left to do, including potty training a toddler! :eek2:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching Nova’s “Treasures of the Earth: Gems” on PBS. :D So far, lots of beautifully photographed jewelry!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I'm able to separate the shock, from the car. I'd done so much research, and there were only 3 choices anyway and this was the best value. The truth is, I've had sudden losses and am taken aback by the way the world keeps turning, ya know? I'm thinking of his family, etc. I think we will proceed.

The Wheel
Grateful Dead
The wheel is turning and you can't slow down,
You can't let go and you can't hold on,
You can't go back and you can't stand still,
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will.
Won't you try just a little bit harder,
Couldn't you try just a little bit more?
Round, round robin run round, got to get back to where you belong,
Little bit harder, just a little bit more,
A little bit further than you gone before.
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod,
Big wheel turn by the grace of God,
Every time that wheel turn 'round,
Bound to cover just a little more ground.
Songwriters: Jerome J. Garcia / Robert C. Hunter / William Kreutzmann

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F9721272-A2CB-4B5F-9342-2CE6097C1111.jpeg
Taking all of my willpower not to poke her right now. She brought that blanket over from a different chair.

Awww precious. Just want to eat her up she’s so delicious. :kiss2:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww precious. Just want to eat her up she’s so delicious. :kiss2:
Missy, when we discussed adding a different protein source, we assumed that cats weren't being considered.:eek2::confused::confused2::errrr::naughty::nono:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So an update on my sister;

She's in the hospital for now. Her temp spiked to nearly 105 so its the best place for her. I don't know if they plan on discharging or not (I hope they keep her frankly)
She's mad that she got turkey bacon for breakfast so she's feeling better...lol
My nephew has 2 more shots to go. He's complaining a bit about his back hurting. They start harvesting this Thursday.
My mother is in knots, so we don't talk to her about whats going on.
I've been nauseaus every day since Friday (of course I now why). My brothers are....my brothers...lol at least something is normal in all of this.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the best place for her is the hospital. I hope she starts doing better soon and that you also feel better.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry, Arcadian.

Deb

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just wanna say....

That I’m super impressed with this photo I took of my new dainty baby. I’m NOT trying to plug the vendor, although it was a pleasant experience. I just REALLY like this shot!

C683FA30-F359-45FF-824A-4E75EED6C093.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F9721272-A2CB-4B5F-9342-2CE6097C1111.jpeg
Taking all of my willpower not to poke her right now. She brought that blanket over from a different chair.

You are stronger than me :kiss2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hang in their @Arcadian . I’ve been in your spot and know how difficult it can feel when you are trying to keep everyone together and take care of your sister at the same time. Please remember to take care of yourself. What you are dealing with is emotionally exhausting. I’m sending lots of dust to you and your family.

Your sister is where she needs to be right now. She has a lot of people pulling for her and wishing her the best.

Please come here if you need to vent or if you just want to talk.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So an update on my sister;

She's in the hospital for now. Her temp spiked to nearly 105 so its the best place for her. I don't know if they plan on discharging or not (I hope they keep her frankly)
She's mad that she got turkey bacon for breakfast so she's feeling better...lol
My nephew has 2 more shots to go. He's complaining a bit about his back hurting. They start harvesting this Thursday.
My mother is in knots, so we don't talk to her about whats going on.
I've been nauseaus every day since Friday (of course I now why). My brothers are....my brothers...lol at least something is normal in all of this.

Arcadian, I know it's so hard having a seriously ill relative, and all the family stuff makes things even worse. Hang in there and take care of yourself, try to eat and get some rest. We are here for you. (((Hugs))). I hope your sister starts doing better very soon and your nephew does ok with his remaining shots.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results