shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sad and frustrated. I know here is the only place I can vent because you all will understand. Waaaaay back in February hubby surprised me with a Louis Vuitton bracelet. It was to be my Valentine's Day and 40th Birthday present. It was really pretty, but so dainty, and it didn't fit. I was so upset, felt guilty/ungrateful/selfish. After many tears and much apprehension, I told him how I felt. In the end the bracelet was returned for a full refund with the understanding that a majority of the funds would be set aside for a "sparklie fund." This was my understanding.

Fast forward to today: Hubs gets a box. Inside this box is his Father's & Birthday Present "from the kids" OH I AM SO SAD! :(sad:cry2: I know you all will understand, I was really hoping that just maybe the funds would be actually set aside and that I'd actually get the Love that I've wanted for a long while. Well...maybe, just maybe he'll surprise me later with it....:(
Oh, i am so sorry. I would feel exactly the same way you feel. Can you ask him if the funds are still waiting for your sparkle fund? And if so, can you take them out and set them somewhere safe...in the house? That way you know where the money is and how much is there at all times.

I don’t recommend this if you are like me. I have a terrible memory and hide money all over the house, forget I even did it, and we find it years later... :oops2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw I'm sorry @Cozystitches, this kind of stuff gets tricky, because imo he deserves things for his bday and father's day, but at the same time your wishes shouldn't suffer because of it - do you know what the presents are? Maybe it's just a couple of shirts or something inexpensive, and my point is maybe these gifts are just things he'd get anyway and there are still funds earmarked for your bracelet. I'd have a talk with him at some point. You're upset and it's not good to keep these feelings inside.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, now that I've slept I feel a bit better. I'm sure he has an idea how I felt, I don't hide my feelings well. I wear my feelings on my sleeve.

Now, his present was a watch, he has several watches (including ones that look JUST LIKE THIS ONE). Said he got a great deal, also said he shouldn't have a computer when drinking :roll:roll, whatever. Even at full price the watch is inexpensive compared to my bracelet. Yes, he does deserve things for his birthday/father's day, but I guess I kind of thought I did too (graduating with my Master's degree, 40th b-day mother's day, all w/in a 6mo period). :???:

My other issue is when I brought up the sparklie fund issue recently and getting the LOVE, it was shot down (like "yeah that'll never happen"). :evil::cry2:GAH!:cry2: THAT was super frustrating to me. At this point, I don't even want to talk about it, not to mention that we have MY school bill that we'll be repaying my mom for the next several years. Sigh. Why can't my chosen profession be more lucrative? :wall: As for the sparklie fund, it's more earmarked rather than actual funds written down, which is another frustrating note for me.

Thank you both for responding. @junebug17 @House Cat

I guess deep down, I'm still hoping he'll come through and surprise me. :kiss2: He has surprised me before, so I know its possible. AND our 20th is happening in August. AND we're taking a mini staycation(ish) to the town where the LOVES live :lol:. I just hope that I'm not gearing up toward disappointment, so I'll be planning that the LOVE doesn't happen until say 25th anni...o_O It also doesn't help that I'm impatient, and since we've talked about it (back in Feb w/the LV debacle) I thought it'd happen sooner...:lol::lol::lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, now that I've slept I feel a bit better. I'm sure he has an idea how I felt, I don't hide my feelings well. I wear my feelings on my sleeve.

Now, his present was a watch, he has several watches (including ones that look JUST LIKE THIS ONE). Said he got a great deal, also said he shouldn't have a computer when drinking :roll:roll, whatever. Even at full price the watch is inexpensive compared to my bracelet. Yes, he does deserve things for his birthday/father's day, but I guess I kind of thought I did too (graduating with my Master's degree, 40th b-day mother's day, all w/in a 6mo period). :???:

My other issue is when I brought up the sparklie fund issue recently and getting the LOVE, it was shot down (like "yeah that'll never happen"). :evil::cry2:GAH!:cry2: THAT was super frustrating to me. At this point, I don't even want to talk about it, not to mention that we have MY school bill that we'll be repaying my mom for the next several years. Sigh. Why can't my chosen profession be more lucrative? :wall: As for the sparklie fund, it's more earmarked rather than actual funds written down, which is another frustrating note for me.

I guess deep down, I'm still hoping he'll come through and surprise me. :kiss2: He has surprised me before, so I know its possible. AND our 20th is happening in August. AND we're taking a mini staycation(ish) to the town where the LOVES live :lol:. I just hope that I'm not gearing up toward disappointment, so I'll be planning that the LOVE doesn't happen until say 25th anni...o_O It also doesn't help that I'm impatient, and since we've talked about it (back in Feb w/the LV debacle) I thought it'd happen sooner...:lol::lol::lol:
I think it would be nice if you both do one of those one year savings challenge. They call them "52 week savings challenge". Print it out and every time you drop in the amount mark it off. You don't have to tackle it in order. You'll end up with half of the bracelet budget saved in one year!

Also, maybe when you have a cold and NyQuil is making you wonky you might end up in front of the computer with his credit card.:whistle: (I'm kidding!)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the savings idea. I actually squirrel away cash. We are single income though, so I don't do big amounts, just $20-$60 here and there. It isn't missed.:roll2: My fund is up to almost $1000 this year. It's not much, but it's there, and I can use it for whatever I want. Obviously my husband knows I keep cash socked away, but still, it's my choice what is done with it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we have dates.
7-11 is when they start the chemo. 7-17 is when they do the transplant. I think we're all dreading this because its the most dangerous part of this because of her von willebrands. They will have factor 8 on hand for sure though.

I don't know how long her hospital stay will be at that point, though likely the house will need to be deepcleaned again before she returns home.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thoughts going through my head in this moment...

On this father's day, I have SUCH an urge to punch my sleeping husband's nose* Just cant deal :x2

For being a great father to our sons but such a terrible husband to me. For betraying me, emotionally, every time I need someone on my side. For kicking me when I'm down. For being so freakin critical of everything and everyone except for himself. For being such an hypochondriac, crying sick at the drop of a hat while I'm sleep deprived with a baby and feeling miserable most days but don't make a peep. For after 14 years of being together (10 married) being clueless and having no idea who I truly am. For making me feel alone in this world.

I got him a thoughtful and sentimental gift for father's day, with a sweet note about how great a father he is to our sons. Above is what I want to write on the back of that note, which of course he won't be able to read because it would be written in my tears :cool2:

* No husband was actually harmed in the making of this movie :roll2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Of course you deserve special things as well! I would think either your 20th or 25th anniversary would be an appropriate time for a Love bracelet :kiss2: I know you've been wanting one for a long time and I truly hope it works out for you CS!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so irrational, but I won't sleep with my hands or feet dangling off the side of my bed cuz... Sharks might bite them off! I don't know when this started or how I got this fear. I suspect my fingers and toes have been nibbled, licked, and/or tickled in my sleep. Counting the den as ground, I'm 3 floors above ground, so it's very doubtful a shark would ever get to my toes!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or the foot off the edge of the bed...that's even worse!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so irrational, but I won't sleep with my hands or feet dangling off the side of my bed cuz... Sharks might bite them off! I don't know when this started or how I got this fear. I suspect my fingers and toes have been nibbled, licked, and/or tickled in my sleep. Counting the den as ground, I'm 3 floors above ground, so it's very doubtful a shark would ever get to my toes!

Beanie, I feel ya!

I saw Jaws when it came out -- I was FOUR. Parental control FAIL. Four is a very formative age, especially for a kid with a vivid imagination. To this day I am TERRIFIED of sharks. I CANNOT got in the ocean. AT ALL. My greatest fear in life is not that my plane will go down, but that it will go down in the ocean, I won't die in the crash, and then I'll get eaten by sharks. UGH. :eek-2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

On this father's day, I have SUCH an urge to punch my sleeping husband's nose* Just cant deal :x2

For being a great father to our sons but such a terrible husband to me. For betraying me, emotionally, every time I need someone on my side. For kicking me when I'm down. For being so freakin critical of everything and everyone except for himself. For being such an hypochondriac, crying sick at the drop of a hat while I'm sleep deprived with a baby and feeling miserable most days but don't make a peep. For after 14 years of being together (10 married) being clueless and having no idea who I truly am. For making me feel alone in this world.

I got him a thoughtful and sentimental gift for father's day, with a sweet note about how great a father he is to our sons. Above is what I want to write on the back of that note, which of course he won't be able to read because it would be written in my tears :cool2:

Babyblue, I just want to say I'm sorry you're so unhappy and I hope you and your husband can figure out a way to work on your relationship so that you start getting the support and love you need.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we have dates.
7-11 is when they start the chemo. 7-17 is when they do the transplant. I think we're all dreading this because its the most dangerous part of this because of her von willebrands. They will have factor 8 on hand for sure though.

I don't know how long her hospital stay will be at that point, though likely the house will need to be deepcleaned again before she returns home.

Just want to send thoughts of support and strength Arcadian, this is such a rough time for your sister, you, and your family. I understand how stressful having an ill relative is and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. Please take care of yourself too. (((Hugs)))

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So we have dates.

I just want to wish your sister a safe surgery and send positive energy and healing vibes her way. A transplant is truly a life changing experience. She will need the support of all early on so take don't forget to take care of not just her but yourself. My family have only recently told me of the sacrifices and time they spent in caring for me after my transplants. I love and appreciate them all the more.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He has been rediagnosed...The doc says he doesn’t have Crohn’s but he does have a mild case of ulcerative colitis that is localized and can be managed with much less toxic meds than what my son is currently taking!!!

Dear HC-

I am so glad that your son's prep was easier and that his diagnosis is better. Once in a while things do work out for the better! (Why is it so rare?)

Hugs,
Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we have dates.

I hope that all goes well, Arcadian. I don't know what else to say. This is serious stuff. My parents were Quakers. My mother never used the expression, but my father would often say he would "hold me in the light". I shall do that for you.

Deb

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian thinking good thoughts for your sister and your family and sending buckets of healing dust. I like what @AGBF wrote. I too will be holding you in the light. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just sharing this here. You might have already seen it but I thought it was worth sharing the wisdom.

Steve Jobs' last words
He died a billionaire at 56yrs of Pancreatic Cancer and here are his last words on the sick bed:

"I reached the pinnacle of success in the business world. In others’ eyes my life is an epitome of success.

However, aside from work, I have little joy. In the end, wealth is only a fact of life that I am accustomed to.

At this moment, lying on the sick bed and recalling my whole life, I realize that all the recognition and

wealth that I took so much pride in, have paled and become meaningless in the face of impending death.

You can employ someone to drive the car for you, make money for you but you cannot have someone to bear the sickness for you.

Material things lost can be found. But there is one thing that can never be found when it is lost – "Life".

When a person goes into the operating room, he will realize that there is one book that he has yet to finish reading – "Book of Healthy Life".

Whichever stage in life we are at right now, with time, we will face the day when the curtain comes down.

Treasure Love for your family, love for your spouse, love for your friends...

Treat yourself well. Cherish others.

As we grow older, and hence wiser, we slowly realize that wearing a $300 or $30 watch - they both tell the same time...

Whether we carry a $300 or $30 wallet/handbag - the amount of money inside is the same;

Whether we drive a $150,000 car or a $30,000 car, the road and distance is the same, and we get to the same destination.

Whether we drink a bottle of $300 or $10 wine - the hangover is the same;

Whether the house we live in is 300 or 3000 sq ft - loneliness is the same.

You will realize, your true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world.

Whether you fly first or economy class, if the plane goes down - you go down with it...

Therefore.. I hope you realize, when you have mates, buddies and old friends, brothers and sisters, who you chat with, laugh with, talk with, have sing songs with, talk about north-south-east-west or heaven and earth, .... That is true happiness!!

Five Undeniable Facts of Life :
1. Don't educate your children to be rich. Educate them to be Happy. So when they grow up they will know the value of things not the price.

2. Best awarded words in London ... "Eat your food as your medicines. Otherwise you have to eat medicines as your food."

3. The One who loves you will never leave you for another because even if there are 100 reasons to give up he or she will find one reason to hold on.

4. There is a big difference between a human being and being human.
Only a few really understand it.

5. You are loved when you are born. You will be loved when you die. In between, You have to manage!

NOTE: If you just want to Walk Fast, Walk Alone! But if you want to Walk Far, Walk Together!

Six Best Doctors in the World
1. Sunlight
2. Rest
3. Exercise
4. Diet
5. Self Confidence and
6. Friends

Maintain them in all stages of Life and enjoy a healthy life.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hear your pain and I hurt for you. I wish I could give you a very big hug.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian I am keeping your family in my heart. Please take gentle care of yourself during this time.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My heart goes out to you Babyblue.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Babyblue, I just want to say I'm sorry you're so unhappy and I hope you and your husband can figure out a way to work on your relationship so that you start getting the support and love you need.
Thank you @junebug17. I'm having a better day today so my post seems a bit silly now, but just have one of those days with him you know? We are just such polar opposites, some days I wonder how in the world we'll live the rest of our lives together.

@House Cat, @rainydaze, Thank you both for your kind words.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @junebug17. I'm having a better day today so my post seems a bit silly now, but just have one of those days with him you know? We are just such polar opposites, some days I wonder how in the world we'll live the rest of our lives together.

@House Cat, @rainydaze, Thank you both for your kind words.

I understand Babyblue - I'm glad you're feeling better!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Took our car in for 90,000 mile service and told them to check out for noise I started hearing two weeks ago (I did call that day and was told not to worry as no warbiwa light was on). Turns out to be $4,000 worth of repairs plus they still can't identify the specific cause of another noise but likely transmission.

$4,000 today plus an unknown amount as soon as they find the next issue with our 99,300 mile car or trade in plus that $4,000 to get the 2018 model with seat warmers (makes my muscles hurt less, yay!) and all sorts of cool new safety features and better gas mileage? Hmmm..... Yeah. That took about 5 minutes to decide.

The next in our long line of Mazdas is the 2018 CX5 touring. Love it!
IMG_20180622_144101.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The next in our long line of Mazdas is the 2018 CX5 touring. Love it!

IMG_20180622_144101.jpg

Congratulations, TooPatient! Heated seats are wonderful! I forget where you live. Is it very cold in winter?

Deb :wavey:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, TooPatient! Heated seats are wonderful! I forget where you live. Is it very cold in winter?

Deb :wavey:

Thanks! I'm in the Seattle area so it isn't terribly cold. I'm mostly excited for them because both DH and I have back pain and the gentle warm when we had it in a loaner car for a couple of days helped a bit with the pain.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use heated seats year round in my daughter's car. It really helps with back pain. She uses it year round also. My next car is having heated seats. It's one of 3 things that are a priority! The other two are back-up camera, and blind spot awareness.

rockhoundofficiando

Shiny_Rock

Wow. A good father sets a good example for his children by being a good husband to their mother. Please reconsider this marriage, you only get one life, please stop sacrificing yours. :(2

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results