shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use heated seats year round in my daughter's car. It really helps with back pain. She uses it year round also. My next car is having heated seats. It's one of 3 things that are a priority! The other two are back-up camera, and blind spot awareness.

Backup camera and blind spot monitoring are amazing! My two favorite safety features I got used to in our previous car and won't buy anything without.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Backup camera and blind spot monitoring are amazing! My two favorite safety features I got used to in our previous car and won't buy anything without.

I had heated seats on my last Jeep and would never have done without them once I had had them. I am always cold; we have no garage at our Connecticut house; and it gets cold here in winter. So I certainly have them on my current Jeep.

I have a backup camera on my current Jeep (I never had one before), but I have never experienced blind spot monitoring. What does it do? I mean how does it work?

Deb :wavey:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does it do? I mean how does it work?
In addition to a red triangle that lights up on my side mirrors when a car is in my blindspot, my car makes a loud warning noise if I try to change lanes and there's a car that is too close.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In addition to a red triangle that lights up on my side mirrors when a car is in my blindspot, my car makes a loud warning noise if I try to change lanes and there's a car that is too close.

That sounds wonderful!!! The only warning I get is another driver's horn if I am lucky enough that s/he is alert!!!

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yep! This. Ours isn't fool proof, but it is an added layer of safety. It can catch light poles and things sometimes and our previous car would sometimes miss a car if it came up too fast/slow/??? so you can't just rely on it. It is especially great when on bigger roads where there are a lot of cars and they tend to sneak beside while you were checking the other side.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like heated seats but whenever I sit down on them initially, I panic and think I wet my pants. It's that same warm feeling (not that I've wet myself lately...).

Ugh this flipping etsy vendor and I were negotiating price and then she didn't answer my last message for 18 hours and I check on the item and she's bloody sold it. A courtesy heads up would have been nice.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just popping in with a little PSA re: heated seats. I love 'em for the same reason as all of you, warms up my cold blood and soothes my back.... but I was getting yeast infections constantly for about a year. I went to my GYN about them, but she was of no help. I even had my DH tested to see if he was a rare case of carrier. Nope.

Figured it out myself. My seat warmer. Stopped using it and wah-lah, problem solved. Turns out my bestie was having the same problem. She was luckier, her GYN knew about the seat warmer problem and he told her to stop using hers. Problem solved for her also.

Just an FYI in case any of you, or others reading, are having chronic yeasties and wondering why. Could be your seat warmers! I hated to give up using mine, but I am still able to use it on the lowest setting now and then.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just popping in with a little PSA re: heated seats. I love 'em for the same reason as all of you, warms up my cold blood and soothes my back.... but I was getting yeast infections constantly for about a year. I went to my GYN about them, but she was of no help. I even had my DH tested to see if he was a rare case of carrier. Nope.

Figured it out myself. My seat warmer. Stopped using it and wah-lah, problem solved. Turns out my bestie was having the same problem. She was luckier, her GYN knew about the seat warmer problem and he told her to stop using hers. Problem solved for her also.

Just an FYI in case any of you, or others reading, are having chronic yeasties and wondering why. Could be your seat warmers! I hated to give up using mine, but I am still able to use it on the lowest setting now and then.
OMG! I can believe it! I think they're great when you get into a cold car but yeah once it's warmed up turn it off and save your nether regions. Phew, I'm actually relieved my Prius doesn't have fancy seats right now!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have heated seats (even in the last car) thankfully never had an issue with yeast infections from them!! Turn them on then off once the seat is heated. Down here, they're not exactly warranted exept maybe 2 months of the year..

Cooling seats however... always make me want to go pee....lol

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All this talk of heated seats, and I wake up to the house AC being broken! :confused2: Today's forecast: 109 :shock::shock::shock:

Where on earth are you, Cozystitches? I feel for you! (And I am always freezing.)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have heated seats (even in the last car) thankfully never had an issue with yeast infections from them!! Turn them on then off once the seat is heated. Down here, they're not exactly warranted exept maybe 2 months of the year..

Cooling seats however... always make me want to go pee....lol

I have no back problems. (Thank you, God.) And I never even imagined these problems with yeast infections and the urge to urinate. (Thank you again, God.) I need the heated seats because I have no garage and I live in Connecticut and I am always cold by nature. The heated seats just feel wonderful in the cold. You ladies have opened my eyes to a whole world of horrors I have dodged. I realize i have not been sufficiently grateful!

PS-I never heard of cooling seats!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no back problems. (Thank you, God.) And I never even imagined these problems with yeast infections and the urge to urinate. (Thank you again, God.) I need the heated seats because I have no garage and I live in Connecticut and I am always cold by nature. The heated seats just feel wonderful in the cold. You ladies have opened my eyes to a whole world of horrors I have dodged. I realize i have not been sufficiently grateful!

PS-I never heard of cooling seats!
Down here its the THANG.:lol: Just about every car I test drove had it, and I got the one that didn't (the VW) First time I ever drove a car with it was a Kia Niro. Its not just on the butt though, the preferations are all over the seat. Too bad those types of seats aren't zoned.

I think it was the Mercedes AMG's that had massaging seats (and obviously I need to make more money to get one of those!)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Down here its the THANG.:lol: Just about every car I test drove had it, and I got the one that didn't (the VW) First time I ever drove a car with it was a Kia Niro. Its not just on the butt though, the preferations are all over the seat. Too bad those types of seats aren't zoned.

That would probably kill me! I have to wear a sweater into the grocery store because the freezer section is painful to me in the summer! The only time I need cold air is when I enter a stifling car and I can't breathe or when I am falling asleep and need a blast of cold air on my face. I don't need my body chilled!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Where on earth are you, Cozystitches? I feel for you! (And I am always freezing.)

Hey Deb,

I'm in the desert SW and it's summer so...109 is typical ;-) THANKFULLY the AC guy came and it's all fixed! :kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I just googled adobo sauce. And I thought I knew everything...what is the point of being almost 35:liar: years old when I still have so much to learn?:rodent::saint:

cheers--Sharon

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I've only tried zoned seats, so just my back, not my bottom. I'm going to have to make sure a car has that option, because yeast infections are already a high risk for me! Thanks for the heads up.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Home goods is dangerous.

I saw the cutest pillows! (does not fit my decor but being I'm a greyhound momma, I love these!!)
wishes it was a print instead, I'd hang in the kitchen!!
20180625_165731.jpg 20180625_170039.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice find Arcadian! Totally understand the greyhound love!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian You could take it apart and make it into a print! I visit Winners/Homesense/Marshalls several times a week. It's literally right behind my house. I could walk there in 5 minutes minus the 8ft concrete wall at the top of our yard, traintrack below and 4 ft chainlink fence, lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Home goods is dangerous.

I saw the cutest pillows! (does not fit my decor but being I'm a greyhound momma, I love these!!)
wishes it was a print instead, I'd hang in the kitchen!!
20180625_165731.jpg 20180625_170039.jpg

Love these pillows. So cute.:cool2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian You could take it apart and make it into a print! I visit Winners/Homesense/Marshalls several times a week. It's literally right behind my house. I could walk there in 5 minutes minus the 8ft concrete wall at the top of our yard, traintrack below and 4 ft chainlink fence, lol.

I'm like 4 blocks away from HomeGoods....lol

So I'm very tempted. Found out they're made by Hines of Oxford and the stitching is really really nice. but wow, 40 bucks a pillow...... :eek-2: Maybe I should take the pictures I got and run those through photoshop.....lol

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm like 4 blocks away from HomeGoods....lol

So I'm very tempted. Found out they're made by Hines of Oxford and the stitching is really really nice. but wow, 40 bucks a pillow...... :eek-2: Maybe I should take the pictures I got and run those through photoshop.....lol

Hi, Arcadian!

I am no seamstress. The score on my "space relations test" was the lowest of all the ones I took on the Differential Aptitude Tests back in Junior High. (I still remember that!) I can knit strips and squares, but I do not dare try to make sweaters. I had great difficulty following patterns when I took sewing in Home Economics (which was required for girls when I was in school).

Nevertheless, I managed to sew together many huge colorful squares I had knit to make a huge, heavy wool blanket. That makes me wonder if you could sew these pillow covers together to make a quilt? Maybe you couldn't actually quilt it, but the squares sewn together with batting inside (or even without) would be magnificent!

Hugs,

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had another idea: one pillow cover in the middle of a sea of blue as a quilt! Or three pillow covers scattered among a sea of blue. Less busy!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frustrated. If I stay up another hour and a half I can hit up a deli for breakfast.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frustrated. If I stay up another hour and a half I can hit up a deli for breakfast.

Aww I'm sorry that's super frustrating laying awake as the hours tick by. I should have called you last night as I was awake from Midnight to 4:30 AM and finally fell asleep after that though woke at 7AM. Hope you fell asleep finally and are still sleeping Pinto. XO.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tonight. Have tickets to see Stephen Tyler and the Loving Mary Band at Ribfest. Two blocks away! I’m excited.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results