carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So an update on my sister;

She's in the hospital for now. Her temp spiked to nearly 105 so its the best place for her. I don't know if they plan on discharging or not (I hope they keep her frankly)
She's mad that she got turkey bacon for breakfast so she's feeling better...lol
My nephew has 2 more shots to go. He's complaining a bit about his back hurting. They start harvesting this Thursday.
My mother is in knots, so we don't talk to her about whats going on.
I've been nauseaus every day since Friday (of course I now why). My brothers are....my brothers...lol at least something is normal in all of this.

I'm so sorry you are going through this with your sister. Sending dust her way. Try and keep your chin up for both of you. I wish her and you well.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
80 degrees in my house right now. I am MISERABLE. My little dog has a cool ice pack (not cold cold but cool) on her since she was very uncomfortable.

I had the repair guy out 6 weeks ago and was told it is "fine" so nothing to worry about. I called back a few weeks ago because it was very clearly NOT okay. Long story short, we are getting a new furnace installed tomorrow. Looking forward to the AC being able to work again!

Really happy they had a cancellation and come tomorrow and not next Wednesday!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
80 degrees in my house right now. I am MISERABLE. My little dog has a cool ice pack (not cold cold but cool) on her since she was very uncomfortable.

I had the repair guy out 6 weeks ago and was told it is "fine" so nothing to worry about. I called back a few weeks ago because it was very clearly NOT okay. Long story short, we are getting a new furnace installed tomorrow. Looking forward to the AC being able to work again!

Good luck, TP.

Deb :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aww that sucks big time! As a fellow heat intolerant sufferer I feel your and your sweet little pup's pain. I'd say come here but it's hot by us too. However visit us at the beach house and hopefully the cool AC will work there...we are heading there Saturday so you are more than welcome to visit.( Fingers crossed the AC is working there as I never know what to expect when we get there).

Life is full of surprises. Hope today you get the happy surprise of your AC being all FIXED and running nice and cold. Brrrrrrr sending nice and cool thoughts your way.
1237378tapy7m6a6j.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww that sucks big time! As a fellow heat intolerant sufferer I feel your and your sweet little pup's pain. I'd say come here but it's hot by us too. However visit us at the beach house and hopefully the cool AC will work there...we are heading there Saturday so you are more than welcome to visit.( Fingers crossed the AC is working there as I never know what to expect when we get there).

Life is full of surprises. Hope today you get the happy surprise of your AC being all FIXED and running nice and cold. Brrrrrrr sending nice and cool thoughts your way.
1237378tapy7m6a6j.gif

Awe, thank you! I wish I could go visit you. Another time!

I bought a window unit to help keep the house cooler. It helped yesterday! If the AC isn't back this morning, I will be buying a bigger window or portable unit to put in the other end of the house. We've got to get the house cooled off. Our dogs were miserable last night.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Highlights of the NYC antique jewelry show:
1. I got to eat a Lady M crepe today bc my married last name begins with an "M" and when I do a "tuck tuck", Im a lady, courtesy of my IG friend Alex. It was matcha flavored. It was delightful.

2. I felt eyeballs on me and I got a compliment on my complexion. Then felt said eyeballs boring deeper and the person then added "you have no pores". This is the benefit of being a DROID. :lol-2:

3. I spent $0 at the show

4. I met some PSers turned IGers in person. they look 3D in person.

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
Re. point 3 - how is this possible? I think you did not take your wallet with you to the show? :lol-2: Re. point 4 - I LOL'ed so hard at the 3D part, which hurt me - see my post below - but soooo worth it!

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
I have been spectacularly unwell for quite a few weeks now. On the mend thankfully, however today I have succeeded in breaking my boobie due to too much coughing o_O I'm hoping it's just a torn or sprained muscle rather than a fractured rib. Never thought I'd ever be grateful for my lack of chesticles real estate, the pain is unreal as it is!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a window unit to help keep the house cooler. It helped yesterday! If the AC isn't back this morning, I will be buying a bigger window or portable unit to put in the other end of the house. We've got to get the house cooled off. Our dogs were miserable last night.

I'm sorry about that bad night, but heartily approve of the emergency measure! We have several ancient under-the-window units built into our walls that can be turned on in emergencies. :))

Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been spectacularly unwell for quite a few weeks now. On the mend thankfully, however today I have succeeded in breaking my boobie due to too much coughing o_O I'm hoping it's just a torn or sprained muscle rather than a fractured rib. Never thought I'd ever be grateful for my lack of chesticles real estate, the pain is unreal as it is!!!

Good luck, Wanaka.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg now I'm thankful that when i cough too hard I usually pull something lower. My cats often lay on my chest or scamper over it when they're chasing each other around the house and I'm just laying in bed. I'd die if I tore a pec muscle!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Been there! That hurts! Your doctor should be able to feel around your ribs to figure it out. I gigue if it is too high, you may need x-rays?
I wasn't able to wear a bra for a good month when that happened to me. Take care of yourself and do what you need to feel better!

Chestal is amazing, btw. Helps control the cough but loosens any gunk causing the cough so it comes out. Honey based so you can take every two hours and it doesn't interact with any medicine you may be taking.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Wanaka, it sounds very painful - I hope you are feeling better soon, sorry for all you've been through. Sending hugs and comfort, take care. <3

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am indeed working way too much. BUT....I got out of the house today. I went to TJ Maxx. I saw 4 Alexander McQueen handbags for under 200 dollars. I don't need a new handbag do I?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am indeed working way too much. BUT....I got out of the house today. I went to TJ Maxx. I saw 4 Alexander McQueen handbags for under 200 dollars. I don't need a new handbag do I?
Don't we work to afford things we need AND want? Do it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have found The Secret to weight loss.

The Answer is Stress.
The more prolonged the stress, the better.
Ensuring one’s mood fluctuates between nauseated and giddy multiple times a day reinforces The Stress Response.

Company: We like to make our process as quick and unobtrusive as possible. Next step will be a two-hour technical phone screen, and we’ll follow that with a two-day on-site. No coding exercises or anything like that to worry about!
Me: ::gulp:: ... don’t suppose I could have that coding exercise? :eek-2:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have found The Secret to weight loss.

The Answer is Stress.
The more prolonged the stress, the better.
Ensuring one’s mood fluctuates between nauseated and giddy multiple times a day reinforces The Stress Response.

Company: We like to make our process as quick and unobtrusive as possible. Next step will be a two-hour technical phone screen, and we’ll follow that with a two-day on-site. No coding exercises or anything like that to worry about!
Me: ::gulp:: ... don’t suppose I could have that coding exercise? :eek-2:

Two day on-site!?! That sounds worse than a day of coding under pressure!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right?

I realize that it’s basic psychology: the more one feels like one had to work for something the more excited one is about achieving it. The harder the interview the more excited I am to work for that company. Or... that’s just me, and I really am a masochist.

Had a phone screen this morning for a spot I was really really really really really excited about. Got up early, started prepping, got myself all nicely worked up to that talking-a-mile-a-minute-to-the-cat point. Friend just laughed at me and handed me a glass of wine. At 10:30am. “You need to chill the f out”.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right?

I realize that it’s basic psychology: the more one feels like one had to work for something the more excited one is about achieving it. The harder the interview the more excited I am to work for that company. Or... that’s just me, and I really am a masochist.

Had a phone screen this morning for a spot I was really really really really really excited about. Got up early, started prepping, got myself all nicely worked up to that talking-a-mile-a-minute-to-the-cat point. Friend just laughed at me and handed me a glass of wine. At 10:30am. “You need to chill the f out”.

Let us know how it went! (not with the wine as I know how that goes:lol-2:….)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Arcadian be kind to yourself. You work so hard. Glad you got out of the house for a bit. Sending you (((hugs))) and relaxing vibes. More time off when you can please...you're invited to our beach house should you be in the mood for a visit and ever have the time...just sayin.:wavey:

And yeah you do need a new handbag. Who doesn't?:whistle:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hope you are healing well and feeling better.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. I got to eat a Lady M crepe today bc my married last name begins with an "M" and when I do a "tuck tuck", Im a lady, courtesy of my IG friend Alex. It was matcha flavored. It was delightful.

2. I felt eyeballs on me and I got a compliment on my complexion. Then felt said eyeballs boring deeper and the person then added "you have no pores". This is the benefit of being a DROID. :lol-2:

That glutenous dessert looked scrumptious indeed...and I have to say #3 was a real accomplishment...(but glad I cannot say the same).:whistle::kiss::pray:

and may I add that you have wonderful sense of humor for a droid. :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@TooPatient how is it going now? I hope your AC is up and running and it's nice and cool by you. We are having another heat wave here and hoping everything continues working. OMG August started with a boom and is proving to live up to its hot reputation.

hot.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy you're so sweet. I'm seriously 5 miles as the crows fly from the ocean....lol Of course I hardly ever go Today I worked from 11am to about 30 minutes ago. Its been a very long day. The good is that its not physical labor, I'd probably be ill, the bad is my brain is pretty damn mushy right now, but its still wants to do and the rest of me wants to sleep...a rough place to be in.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For as long as I've been here there's been a cobweb outside the kitchen window, in the top corner from awning to sill.

I've demolished it... feels like hundreds of times. Certainly dozens.
Every time I do - it's back the next day: a clear, glistening mockery of my persistence.

This morning a hornet flew into the web. It wriggled for a moment, and I thought it was going to get itself stuck, and the spider (which I've never actually seen before, despite regularly demolishing its home) quickly came creepy-crawling out to breakfast... and the hornet ate it. Snatched it right up. And flew off.

I've never appreciated hornets quite this much before.

... In case it wasn't obvious - I loathe spiders.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found this cutie patootie when I was working the garden this morning :kiss2: It was barely 2 inches long.

frog 7-7-2018.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Possibly good news, my sister as of today is at home. What was thought to take months, took only a few weeks. Her coordinator told me that for her age, thats pretty damn quick and VERY good news Her WBC count is 1.4 which while not great for most of us, is damn good for someone that didn't have any for a few weeks. Hemoglobin is 8, which for where she is now? very good. Guarded but hopeful and fingers + everything else is crossed.

Plus insurance couldn't wait to get her out of the hospital considering how much she cost them:roll2: She did end up having to totally shave her head though. She's lucky she's got dads head instead of moms:lol::cry2::lol-2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's great news Arcadian! I hope your sister continues to progress at the same rate! Wishing her good health!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nonsensical post compared to others here. I went into the "new" (maybe a year or two old) Betteridge jewelry store on Greenwich Avenue in Greenwich today. (Because I had to buy an engagement card at Papyrus across the street.)

The old store moved to more spacious digs a while ago and I never got around to going in. (I kind of liked the old store better. It was smaller, but more atmospheric.) This store seemed to be more about watches, which do not interest me. I did try on a Cartier-like bracelet in white gold, though. The kind they make that is like the Cartier Love cuff bangle. Theirs has five diamonds. I liked it a lot although it did not cling to my wrist the way the Cartier cuff appeared to cling to LLJ's mom's wrist when I saw her wearing two of them. ;)) I sure do love that look!

I liked seeing some Buccellati, too.

AGBF

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right?

@yssie , This post is hysterical. I so hope you get the job!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results