shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Possibly good news, my sister as of today is at home. What was thought to take months, took only a few weeks. Her coordinator told me that for her age, thats pretty damn quick and VERY good news Her WBC count is 1.4 which while not great for most of us, is damn good for someone that didn't have any for a few weeks. Hemoglobin is 8, which for where she is now? very good. Guarded but hopeful and fingers + everything else is crossed.

Plus insurance couldn't wait to get her out of the hospital considering how much she cost them:roll2: She did end up having to totally shave her head though. She's lucky she's got dads head instead of moms:lol::cry2::lol-2:

@Arcadian, SO glad to hear this good news! Sending lots of good wishes that she continues doing well.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My grandma is in having brain surgery right now. Of course she is at one hospital and I went to different one in a totally different place! Why? Because everyone kept saying this one. Sort of funny. Sort of...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My grandma is in having brain surgery right now. Of course she is at one hospital and I went to different one in a totally different place! Why? Because everyone kept saying this one. Sort of funny. Sort of...

Lots of healing dust for grandma. Any head type surgery can be really scary. how are YOU holding up?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of healing dust for grandma. Any head type surgery can be really scary. how are YOU holding up?

Thank you!

The deep brain stimulation implant went well. She gets the control thing done in a few weeks. She went in crying lots and scared (um, yeah! Who wouldn't!?!). I missed that as people accidentally gave me the wrong hospital. I ended up at the one she had her MRIs and stuff done (the best neurosurgery hospital in the area) so it was understandable.

I am doing okay but exhausted. So frustrated and upset with my family. They didn't ask the important (life/death critical) questions after but did fight in her room over stupid stuff. They didn't plan to sit with her past 5pm and had no plans in place if she needed someone with her. They are more than an hour away. Grandma asked me if I could sit with her for awhile. Of course!

I'm staying the night with her. Helping her reach water, adjusting pillows, and just being around.

My MS is okay. Not good but letting me manage today. Will likely suffer bad tomorrow, but I won't let her be here alone needing help.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient thanks for the update and I'm happy that your g-ma is doing well after all of that. Much dust and prayers for her continued improvement!

Many autoimmune diseases can be triggered by stress, so its great to hear that its not giving you problems, because I did worry a little.

Family - You can't always pick them, right?:roll2::cry2: And its unfortunate that they decided that the hospital was a good place to fight about sh*t that basically dosen't matter. Not everyone is good at handling those types of situations (my neices dealt with that craziness from their father's family). The kicker after the fact I found was about money. He had it, didn't tell anybody that he had it, and they (his family) didn't find out until he was in hospice.

When my sister was in the hospital, her room was kept a very happy place because her kids demanded it be so.

do keep us up to date. Give g-ma a hug from me :mrgreen2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And my sister is back in the hospital. The joke is that she hates her husband's cooking so much, she'd rather be there.

He's not the worst cook but um... yeah

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And my sister is back in the hospital. The joke is that she hates her husband's cooking so much, she'd rather be there.

He's not the worst cook but um... yeah

Oh no! Hopefully it is nothing too serious.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! Hopefully it is nothing too serious.

I'm told its quite normal for this to happen (really?) especially in the days where the hospital and insurance kick you out of the bed as soon as you show any signs of feeling better. :roll2: I don't really know much, one of her kids is supposed to call me and give me the lowdown on whats happening.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm told its quite normal for this to happen (really?) especially in the days where the hospital and insurance kick you out of the bed as soon as you show any signs of feeling better. :roll2: I don't really know much, one of her kids is supposed to call me and give me the lowdown on whats happening.

Please let us know why she is back there, Arcadian. I am so sorry.

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!

The deep brain stimulation implant went well. She gets the control thing done in a few weeks. She went in crying lots and scared (um, yeah! Who wouldn't!?!). I missed that as people accidentally gave me the wrong hospital. I ended up at the one she had her MRIs and stuff done (the best neurosurgery hospital in the area) so it was understandable.

I am doing okay but exhausted. So frustrated and upset with my family. They didn't ask the important (life/death critical) questions after but did fight in her room over stupid stuff. They didn't plan to sit with her past 5pm and had no plans in place if she needed someone with her. They are more than an hour away. Grandma asked me if I could sit with her for awhile. Of course!

I'm staying the night with her. Helping her reach water, adjusting pillows, and just being around.

My MS is okay. Not good but letting me manage today. Will likely suffer bad tomorrow, but I won't let her be here alone needing help.

You are heroic, TooPatient.

Hugs,
Deb

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reason she went back in was because of a tooth infection. Sooooo they're dumping copious amounts of anitibiotics in her system. I had warned her about this because it happened to me too. (you really can't brush too vigously), and chemo messes up the teeth forever because you don't salivate as much anymore.

She can't get it removed right now for a variety of reasons and needs to wait until she gets the OK from the doc.

Anytime I go to a new dentist, I have to tell them to take it easy I was a cancer patient. Most of them understands what that means and don't dig into my mouth with vigour. She's going to have to do the same from here on out.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reason she went back in was because of a tooth infection. Sooooo they're dumping copious amounts of anitibiotics in her system. I had warned her about this because it happened to me too. (you really can't brush too vigously), and chemo messes up the teeth forever because you don't salivate as much anymore.

She can't get it removed right now for a variety of reasons and needs to wait until she gets the OK from the doc.

Anytime I go to a new dentist, I have to tell them to take it easy I was a cancer patient. Most of them understands what that means and don't dig into my mouth with vigour. She's going to have to do the same from here on out.

I'm glad it is relatively minor!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sleep apnea. Woohoo. Well, hopefully they can get that dealt with and I will feel better because I am actually sleeping.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really want my DH to sell his (our)boat that we don’t use (too busy), but continue to pay expensive slip fee at the harbor so that I can have more bling funds... ok, there said it. Most my real life friends are more the experience over bling type, so thanks for letting me vent!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Total score! I have a difficult time finding Bermuda length shorts......ended up in the kids (boys) section-- Zara and Sporting Life--and got two pairs of shorts, discount rack:lol-2:.

cheers--Sharon

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HI:

Total score! I have a difficult time finding Bermuda length shorts......ended up in the kids (boys) section-- Zara and Sporting Life--and got two pairs of shorts, discount rack:lol-2:.

cheers--Sharon
score! men’s white Hanes T-shirt in small is my go to, 3pack $9.99 Amazon, can’t beat that. My ten year old son is steeling them lately I’ve noticed...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my sister is home. They removed the port and things so far look to be going very well. She's mad at our mother when in reality that energy shouldn't be directed in that manner....But she's a princess who likes to have her way, so there you are.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my sister is home. They removed the port and things so far look to be going very well. She's mad at our mother when in reality that energy shouldn't be directed in that manner....But she's a princess who likes to have her way, so there you are.

Great news Arcadian! But yeah, it's a shame she's wasting precious energy on being angry at someone :(2. Hopefully she calms down and gets over it quickly!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this one!
I have been wanting 2mm shared prong hoops, 1.75inch diameter. In YG. Sorta like a everyday hoop on steroids.... but these are so elegant.

Very sweet, no?

Hoops are a great addition to any wardrobe. Staple, really.:wavey:

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very sweet, no?

Hoops are a great addition to any wardrobe. Staple, really.:wavey:
so so sweet, but need to focus on the hoops, I have YG of the same size which I adore, I am not able to see many diamond at 1.5” -1.75” would that be too much?
Need to sell that boat!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so so sweet, but need to focus on the hoops, I have YG of the same size which I adore, I am not able to see many diamond at 1.5” -1.75” would that be too much?
Need to sell that boat!

Do you have a picture of the earrings you desire? (boat notwithstanding:P2)

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No picture! Can’t find one, but imagine 2mm diamond melee eternity ring that’s 1.75” in diameter. (Inside out for earrings ) 1 shared prong. I hope that makes sense...

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you have a picture of the earrings you desire? (boat notwithstanding:P2)
And why do men have such dumb hobbies? Jewelry Is minimum maintenance and no slip fee!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And why do men have such dumb hobbies? Jewelry Is minimum maintenance and no slip fee!

It is always, something.:saint: (ours was golf course membership/dues)

Keep the faith!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ARRRRgh. Restless spirit. Wanna move to another country or another state. Having Normal Rockwell small town America fantasy. Found a house in Mystic, Connecticut built in 1745 that I really like. Usually get this way in Spring. First time it has happened on the cusp of Fall. This urge is like an itch I can't scratch. Driving me crazy. Currently planning a trip to Poland this summer so it's not like I don't have anything to look forward to.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ARRRRgh. Restless spirit. Wanna move to another country or another state. Having Normal Rockwell small town America fantasy. Found a house in Mystic, Connecticut built in 1745 that I really like. Usually get this way in Spring. First time it has happened on the cusp of Fall. This urge is like an itch I can't scratch. Driving me crazy. Currently planning a trip to Poland this summer so it's not like I don't have anything to look forward to.

Move here! :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I request a few sprinkles of some fairy dust? PSers have the good stuff!

I've just started salary negotiations. I love the company but detest compensation games - who doesn’t? I’m very hopeful they will just accept my (reasonable and realistic) counter and spare both parties much more back and forth!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results