carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I really like scrambled eggs--yanno butter and cream and chives in the saucepan--lazy mornings. But the jabba the hutt appearance of the microwaved versions I make in the AM on the way to work
is really great! Throw in some ricotta and basal and fluffy yum!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And although I have an eclectic taste of music, and listen to a variety, I admit to not knowing what most of the lyrics mean:twirl::?:.. i googled Havana cuz I couldn't get the tune out of my head but WTH were they saying? :cheeky:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes it’s good to type shit out and delete it...

Whoosh....

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So.......... the CB and I, after over six years, called it quits right before Thanksgiving. Totally amicable -- I even picked out all the furniture for his new apartment. (But still a bit sad, although I chose not to dwell on that as he's a great guy I was lucky to have had a good long relationship with him.)

And.......... I have met someone new and it's pretty damn amazing!!! For any of you who are going to yell any me for "rushing into anything," please don't. I'm happy and no one gets to blow that for me.

He's sweet and super smart and funny and generally adorable and we talk about everything. EVERYTHING. Ev.Re.Thing.

I forgot what it was like to be this excited about someone!

P.S. -- (And I duck hard and fast while I type this!) -- He *voted for Trump.* Yes, really. And we have talked about it, and continue to talk about it, and I think I may become a better person because of this. I'm not saying I agree with him, but I am not opposed to discussion and being challenged and learning. Much like we do here. Because of this, BTW, we will refer to him as TR (The Republican).

My parting thoughts on all this (as I have an obligation in 15 mins):

:cry2:

:appl:

:eek-2:

:cheeky:

In that order!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So.......... the CB and I, after over six years, called it quits right before Thanksgiving. Totally amicable -- I even picked out all the furniture for his new apartment. (But still a bit sad, although I chose not to dwell on that as he's a great guy I was lucky to have had a good long relationship with him.)

And.......... I have met someone new and it's pretty damn amazing!!! For any of you who are going to yell any me for "rushing into anything," please don't. I'm happy and no one gets to blow that for me.

He's sweet and super smart and funny and generally adorable and we talk about everything. EVERYTHING. Ev.Re.Thing.

P.S. -- (And I duck hard and fast while I type this!) -- He *voted for Trump.* Yes, really. And we have talked about it, and continue to talk about it, and I think I may become a better person because of this. I'm not saying I agree with him, but I am not opposed to discussion and being challenged and learning. Much like we do here. Because of this, BTW, we will refer to him as TR (The Republican).

In that order!
Oh bless you @Dee*Jay!!! I applaud you for admitting it here. :cheeky: In all sincerity I am very glad you found someone that makes you happy. See not all Republicans are bad.

I am sorry about the CB and that it did not work out.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee, I'm glad you are ok about the breakup. Always sad, but almost always for the best. TR sounds good, except for that Trump part. I mean, I get it...having been married to a Trump sympathizer and someone who helped R's campaign and ran as an R himself twice. I learned a LOT about politics from that marriage. Didn't really blend with his crowd, though. My town is different than Chicago,though, obviously. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself and having fun being in love again! :appl:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am:
1. So happy that you are happy!!
2. Relieved that it was an amicable split with CB even though I’m sure it was sad.
3. Thinking this will be an eye opening and interesting relationship and opportunity to grow and understand differences. Wow! I’m glad you’re giving TR a chance. Thanks for clueing us in, I’m rooting for you two! (Why did he vote for cheeto?)
5. So happy that you are happy!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

In that order!

@Dee*Jay I’m so happy for you and you deserve happiness and love. I’m rooting for you girl. :appl:

And fwiw I firmly believe there are good and bad people in each party and good and bad people who are in neither (independent here lol) so I wouldn’t cross someone off the list just because. It depends on the whole picture of course. Good luck and enjoy!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I’m with you on not crossing someone off the list just because of xyz, be it political affiliation, religion, etc. I need the whole picture to make a decision unless the person makes a total ass of themselves right off the bat. I’m willing to give most people a chance—friends or potential love interests. I would hope people who think differently than me would give me the same chance.

This gets me thinking, Missy, Red, Dee, and everyone else: there tends to be such polarization on this forum and only a few free thinkers or naysayers? seem to have the mettle to stick around. I get caught up in political fervor now more than ever and sometimes it’s really hard for me to come around to seeing the other side of the coin.

I think it’s this: I feel best about the state of the world when someone on the “opposing” side is willing to give my opinions a whirl. And I think it’s what it takes for them, too, to be able to listen and really feel that I hear where they’re coming from. I guess it’s empathy, at the end of the day. I’m going to try to have more empathy going forward.

Thank you, Rambling (er, Random) Thoughts Thread for allowing my loquacious ponderings.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I’m with you on not crossing someone off the list just because of xyz, be it political affiliation, religion, etc. I need the whole picture to make a decision unless the person makes a total ass of themselves right off the bat. I’m willing to give most people a chance—friends or potential love interests. I would hope people who think differently than me would give me the same chance.

This gets me thinking, Missy, Red, Dee, and everyone else: there tends to be such polarization on this forum and only a few free thinkers or naysayers? seem to have the mettle to stick around. I get caught up in political fervor now more than ever and sometimes it’s really hard for me to come around to seeing the other side of the coin.

I think it’s this: I feel best about the state of the world when someone on the “opposing” side is willing to give my opinions a whirl. And I think it’s what it takes for them, too, to be able to listen and really feel that I hear where they’re coming from. I guess it’s empathy, at the end of the day. I’m going to try to have more empathy going forward.

Thank you, Rambling (er, Random) Thoughts Thread for allowing my loquacious ponderings.

Yes Monnie I agree. It is disheartening when people make blanket statements and decisions about others simply because of their political affiliation. Of course many people who support the President (still) are not people I care to be friends with but again that one thing doesn't tell the whole picture and I prefer to get to know a person and what they are about and who they are before I make a decision and cross them off the list.

It's complicated. As many things in life are.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
03EBB68A-3EC2-4B73-B6E3-ADFFEAB5E0BE.jpeg
Kitty recheck coming up this week. Really really hope it goes well.

Here she is cleaning her brother’s ears. One of those rare interactions that didn’t devolve into a slap fight.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here she is cleaning her brother’s ears. One of those rare interactions that didn’t devolve into a slap fight.

When I saw you were posting in this thread, I really hoped it was not bad news. I am so glad it is an adorable picture. Thoughts, prayers, and dust will be be with you and your kitty when she goes to the vet!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chemgirl, I have everything crossed that you get good news about your girl at the recheck. That pic is absolutely adorable! Please let us know how it goes. And hugs to you!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darling kitties.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@chemgirl , Adding my support and good wishes to you and your sweet kitty. Hoping the re check this week goes well. (((Hugs))).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh and I have been trying to see the earrings Lady Gaga was wearing when she sang at the opening of the Grammys'. She was wearing a white dress resembling angel wings while playing the piano--and what looked to be HUGE morganite earrings. Anyone know the deets?

cheers--Sharon

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bathing her brother (or herself) is a good sign chemgirl. My Vet told me (and it happened with my cat) is that they become so dehydrated that
they quit cleaning themselves. She must be doing well enough to not be dehydrated...good luck at the Vets...hope its good news!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, The earrings worn by Lady Gaga are Le Vian 29 carat morganite surrounded by .9 carat diamonds set in 18k rose gold, Price of the earrings is @47,000.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, The earrings worn by Lady Gaga are Le Vian 29 carat morganite surrounded by .9 carat diamonds set in 18k rose gold, Price of the earrings is @47,000.

Thank you CC! My son asked me if I knew what stones those were...and I guessed correctly! LOL

cheers--Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, Always look at the Daily Mail after any award show. They give details on everything!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Bathing her brother (or herself) is a good sign chemgirl. My Vet told me (and it happened with my cat) is that they become so dehydrated that
they quit cleaning themselves. She must be doing well enough to not be dehydrated...good luck at the Vets...hope its good news!

I’m so sorry that you also had to deal with this. So far she seems fairly hydrated. I’ve been administering sub q fluids and she really seems to be responding well. We were told with the fluids we would probably notice the effects of toxicity before dehydration. That she would start falling and stumbling around etc. Or maybe that’s the same thing?

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

In that order!

@Dee*Jay , sorry about you and the CB.
However, I'm so excited for you and TR!
As I was reading your post, I thought 'But what will we call him?'! I laughed when I got to the part identifying him as 'TR'. Well, there we go!
Have fun!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's such a sweet photo!
Sending lots of positive thoughts that all goes well at the appointment.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
F6AD0EF2-D207-468F-88D5-9A065DFC1C08.jpeg
Because he deserves some love too! I think I’ve mentioned my epileptic cat before. The irony here is that he wasn’t expected to make it more than 6-12 months from his diagnosis and that was 4 years ago. At this rate he is going to outlive both of his sisters.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the support!!!

Red, LOL on not all Republicans being bad! I think about you every day BTW after all you’ve been through recently, and I’m SO excited for your trip with your boys! Promise you’ll do a thread on it with lots and lots of pics!!!

Monnie, it will be interesting to see TR’s “crowd.” So far I’ve only met a few of his friends – oh, and one neighbor ever so briefly when one of the dogs ran over to her yard and wouldn’t come back. Doggy babysitting fail! Now we put him on in the lead in the yard.

Bonfire, I love your post—thank you! As for his voting… what I’ve gotten is that he felt that we needed change and that Hillary, as part of the “establishment” wouldn’t/couldn’t bring it. Other than his actual vote cast though, I don’t find him to be very “Republican.” He’s actually quite liberal – sometimes I think even more than I am on certain topics!

Missy, you’re right about looking at the whole picture. If I had known that he’d voted for Trump from the very beginning I never would have gone out with him. But since I didn’t find that out until we were two dates and over two weeks of communication in, I DID have more of a complete picture, and that is what made me willing to consider keeping going. Dee may become a little more open minded – who woulda thunk?!

December, now everyone I know in real life calls him TR too! It’s funny, the people who weren’t around when the CB became the CB probably had no clue what I was talking about, and now they won’t know what TR is for either. If this doesn’t work out I might have to refer to the next guy by actual NAME!

And thank you everyone for the kind comments about the CB exiting the scene (in the romantic sense). I appreciate it very much, I really do. As of right now, he and I are “good” (whatever that might mean in this context). We just had a half hour phone conversation about pretty much nothing—my Nest disconnecting from my wifi, where the lightbulbs are for the range good because one burned out last night, etc.-- so apparently not much has changed except he just doesn’t live in my house any more, ha ha.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much going on!

Chemgirl -- what beautiful kitties. Hoping for good news from the recheck this week!

Dee*Jay -- sorry to hear about CB, but glad to hear you are enjoying TR!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results