shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a good PSA to be pro-active in that area. My MIL use to bring it up at the dinner table. "Have you had a colonoscopy lately"? And she could never remember anyone's answer from one dinner to the next (we're talking Easter, Thanksgiving, Xmas etc) so she would ask at every big meal:P2!

When my doctor gave me the results of my last colonoscopy - thankfully, negative - he cheerfully added I wouldn't have to have another one for ten years. I had assumed that I would be on a 5-year schedule because my mother had recently died of colon cancer. But he told me that I was not considered to be at high risk for colon cancer because she of my mother's age - 85 - when she died.

Needless to say that didn't particularly comfort me. I don't like colonoscopies any more than anyone else, but I'll be lobbying for another one when I get close to the 5-year mark. On the doctor's proposed schedule, there will only be one procedure between now and when I reach the age at which the cancer was discovered in my mother...

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When my doctor gave me the results of my last colonoscopy - thankfully, negative - he cheerfully added I wouldn't have to have another one for ten years. I had assumed that I would be on a 5-year schedule because my mother had recently died of colon cancer. But he told me that I was not considered to be at high risk for colon cancer because she of my mother's age - 85 - when she died.

Needless to say that didn't particularly comfort me. I don't like colonoscopies any more than anyone else, but I'll be lobbying for another one when I get close to the 5-year mark. On the doctor's proposed schedule, there will only be one procedure between now and when I reach the age at which the cancer was discovered in my mother...
I am an advocate now for sure. My grandfather was 64 when he died of what started as colon cancer. It was likely growing for quite a long time because did nothing about symptoms and finally went to the ER for a blockage. By then it was too late and all over the rest of his body.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:cheeky: :love: :dance:

Where did you get that marvelous thing?!

DH brought it home. I've had a few of these bags (with purchases) over the years--I even got one at Costco liquor store! They come out Christmas....Valentines Day.....

When Mama is happy...everyone is happy! :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, How aggravating. This would tick me off too. I hope your doctor office can get this resolved with the insurance company quickly. Your doctor is in charge of your health, not an insurance company.

Yeah. I always threaten to sue. It makes 'em nervous! I say, "if this turns out to be malignant, I hope you know there is going to be an enormous lawsuit over this because you delayed my care. I am putting a letter in the mail today. Congress loves to hold hearings about how you charge consumers and then refuse to cover them."

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 Wowza, I don't ever read the random comments thread, so sorry I missed this.. Docs are being amazingly proactive with your situation. I like your surgeon. Everyone is here for you and I include me.. I'm soooo glad you had your colonoscopy. I had my first at 47 then 57 lucky nothing showed. I send you great hugs and support.

Ireland? when are you leaving? I've been off PS a lot due to visits and people visiting us... I will keep a much better watch on this.. sending all love to you.. You will be fine.. Kate

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 Wowza, I don't ever read the random comments thread, so sorry I missed this.. Docs are being amazingly proactive with your situation. I like your surgeon. Everyone is here for you and I include me.. I'm soooo glad you had your colonoscopy. I had my first at 47 then 57 lucky nothing showed. I send you great hugs and support.

Ireland? when are you leaving? I've been off PS a lot due to visits and people visiting us... I will keep a much better watch on this.. sending all love to you.. You will be fine.. Kate
Thank you Kate. I am so glad I went in as well. Leaving for Ireland March 26th and will come home 4/2. DH is staying home and it will be just me and my two sons. Very excited for this trip but have to get this CRAP out of the way first. :lol:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got all the CTs approved but doc had to call for a peer to peer. Drinking barium now for appt. at 11:15. Yuck.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck red! Thinking of you and sending buckets of good luck dust your way.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got all the CTs approved but doc had to call for a peer to peer. Drinking barium now for appt. at 11:15. Yuck.

Total crap. BUT Let us know all the deets.

cheers--Sharon

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! No cancer anywhere to be seen and the tumor does not have cancer yet. Now surgery on Monday with the mega prep that cleans you out on Sunday. Doc did say I should carb up before the surgery so I am eating all the stuff I love since it is all going to be flushed out on Sunday. At least I will have a full body CT scan for a baseline. Still pretty scared about a 3 hour surgery where they take out a section of your colon but my surgeon is excellent and laparoscopic with a robot is best for fast recovery. He has also put me on the advanced recovery plan which I get an epidural just before surgery that cuts down on the need for narcotics afterward.

Thank you all so very much for your kindness and thoughts. If you have not done your colonoscopy yet and are of the age, DO IT! The prep is the worst part.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news about the absence of cancer Red. The carb loading sounds like a lot of fun; the flushing, not so much.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I didn't say before but I've worked in the "area". Hydrate well on Sunday (cuz you prolly can't eat solid food in conjunction with your bowel prep, just clear fluids right?). So, lots high carb clear fluids--apple juice or cranberry juice and no diet stuff--and water and Gatorade. Don't want to be dehydrated--research shows hydrated folks recover better.

Glad all the rest is clear!!

cheers--Sharon

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I didn't say before but I've worked in the "area". Hydrate well on Sunday (cuz you prolly can't eat solid food in conjunction with your bowel prep, just clear fluids right?). So, lots high carb clear fluids--apple juice or cranberry juice and no diet stuff--and water and Gatorade. Don't want to be dehydrated--research shows hydrated folks recover better.

Glad all the rest is clear!!

cheers--Sharon
Thanks Sharon. I went today and bought the apple juice, broth and some tea. And yes just clear fluids.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic news Red! Keeping you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Redwood,
Well, that was great news so far ...I'll be thinking about you on Monday...sending lots of positive vibes that all goes as expected!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Red! I just learned of your upcoming surgery. Sorry the surgery is necessary but very glad that it’s not cancer.
Had the same surgery a few years ago. Because it was abdominal, it was painful for at least a few days, but manageable with pain meds. I was weak and had no appetite for about a week if memory serves.
However, recovery wasn’t too long. I think I went back to work part time after a little less than three weeks. You will certainly make your March trip. Any surgery is a challenge, but this type is pretty routine. It won’t get the best of a tough gal like you.:twisted2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news that no cancer was detected Red!!! I’m glad they were able to schedule the surgery so quickly. You will be fully recovered before your trip. Enjoy the carbs this weekend! I’ll be sending lots of healing dust to you on Monday.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
My prayer and heart emojis didn’t show up in previous post, but sending love and prayers your way, Red.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really glad to see you again too, AnnaH. I am sorry you had to go through this surgery.
red-that you have been cleared of having cancer is the best news ever!!!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY @redwood66!!! Wonderful news! Enjoy the carbs this weekend and lots of good thoughts for Monday!

@AnnaH so sorry you went through this too and so glad you are A OK!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are they comfortable? They are so cute!
Yup! They fit like I remember my old pair did in 1999. They were Kermit the frog green :lol-2:.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Red!! What a terrible ordeal to have to go through! This is so much to go through in so little time!! I am so happy to hear there is no cancer! I hope you are laying in your bed SURROUNDED in high carb goodies!! Don’t forget to eat chocolate covered shortbread, chocolate cheesecake, brownies, mashed potatoes, and pasta carbonara!

I’m on no carbs right now... so.. you know, this is like ****. :mrgreen2:

Please keep us posted. I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results